Wind On Fire

Kindling Feelings

"What?!!??!!??? That's it? There's nothing more?" Chani was incredulous after Taeyang told them what happened that weekend. "You've been crushing on him for years! You spent the whole weekend together then you just send him off again with nothing?"

"Not the whole weekend. Our moms were with us too. I don't think it's the right time," Taeyang tried to reason out. "We've been like brothers! It would be weird if I just suddenly confess."

"But you said it seems like he likes you too!"

"I'm not sure about that. I might just be imagining it."

"But-"

"If it didn't happen, then it's not meant to happen," Hwiyoung in. "....yet." he added when he saw Chani's murderous glare.

"It'll only be a few more months," Taeyang assured them. "We'll have more time to be together again when I move to the city. I'll see from there"

"Does he know you're planning to enroll in the same school?"

"No, I want to surprise him"

----------------------

"A-3...A-4...N-1...N-2...N-3!" Rowoon pushed the door open with so much force, everyone inside the room stopped and looked at him. He was panting, out of breath from running, his eyes scanning the whole room for a familiar face. "Taeyang!"

"Hyung!" Taeyang grinned and ran to greet him.

Rowoon pulled him out of the room and held him at an arm's distance so he can look at him clearly.

"Hyung?"

"I was surprised to see your name on the list of new students. I had to run here to see if it's really you."

"It's me, hyung"

"You really enrolled here? Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you move"

"But I want to surprise you..."

Rowoon smiled and finally pulled him in a hug. "Aaaaaawww my dongsaeng~"

"Excuse me, you're blocking the door and I have to start my class"

The two shyly apologized to the professor and mouthed goodbyes before going back to their respective classes.

--------------

Taeyang smiled when he saw the familiar tall figure leaning outside his classroom with a big smile.

"Taeyangie~" Rowoon slung his arm around Taeyang's shoulders and dragged him down the hall. "I memorized your schedule so I know it's your lunch break. This hyung will show your around school and teach you all the secret shortcuts and the best food choices"

"Is it your lunch break too?"

"Nope, but I'm skipping class for this."

"Hyung!"

"It's just today~"

Taeyang let Rowoon drag him around school, sometimes hand in hand, introduce him to friends and even teachers and staff. It's like when he first entered high school. It will be like how we used to be. Him and me with our friends. He'll always be there for me, and me for him. Then eventually, we can take a few more steps further...

"Rowoon!"

"Inseong!"

Inseong ran to them and slung an arm over Rowoon's shoulder, and the other arm around the waist then smiled at Taeyang. "Hi!"

It was a loose hug but it made Taeyang feel that they are chains keeping one to his owner.

"Inseong, this is my brother, Taeyang. Taeyang this is my best friend, Inseong"

"His love" Inseong said with a pout and a tight back hug

"You're so possessive hahaahah" Rowoon laughed and returned the hug. "Don't be jealous of my baby brother"

"You left me for lunch!"

"I can eat again~"

RRRRRIIIIIINNNNGGG!

"Hyung, I have to go to class now, thanks for the tour and lunch," Taeyang excused himself with a pretty smile.

"Oh right! Let's hang out again after school. I still have a lot to teach you."

"Hahaha okay"

"Well walk you back to your room"

"No you don't have to..."

Rowoon held his shoulders and pushed him forward, "Let's go baby!"

Taeyang was pushed around like a cart, Inseong happilly jogging along with them until they reached the room.

"See you later~" Rowoon said as he fixed Taeyang's hair.

"See you~ ^~" Inseong chimed in

"Y-yeah" Taeyang waved them away with smile. He walked to a seat by the window and looked out as he relaxed his face. His cheeks and jaw was feeling numb from using too many muscles just to force a smile.

--------------

"He's cute!" Inseong said as he continued walking backwards, facing Rowoon. "Are you sure he's just a brother?"

"What? Yes!" Rowoon laughed. "We've been together since we were in diapers."

"Really? Not even once have you thought differently?"

"Well..." Rowoon trailed off, thinking of that break when he started to see Taeyang as a boy. Not a friend, not a baby, not a brother. A beautiful boy. Waking up and the first thing he saw was his beautiful peaceful face that morning after the sleep over. How he repeatedly reminded himself the whole weekend that Taeyang is his baby brother.

--------------

Taeyang arrived at the cafe near school where Rowoon told him to meet. He saw him at the corner gooving around with Inseong. They seem really close. Like how him and Rowoon was before, but with a little something more.

He walked towards them and sat on the couch accross.

"Yay you're here!" Rowoon cheered

"Finally! Please save me from this giant!" Inseong cried

Taeyang laughed awkwardly, "are you....are you two...???"

"He loves me but I rejected him many times" Inseong said smugly

"Yah!" Rowoon shouted, hitting Inseong's arm. "He's joking. Hahaha we're just friends. He's my best friend here."

"Ah" Taeyang relaxed a bit.

They continued to hang out in a brighter atmosphere. Inseong turned out to be really nice and kind. The two older guys both gave Taeyang tips about school and shared stories. Both took care of him really well like hyungs.

It's just like before. Rowoon and me with our friends. But there's something tugging at Taeyang's heart. There's a bond between the other two that sparks a rivalry in his heart.

Which line is easier to cross? Brother-like relationship or Best Friend relationship?