Hauled

Hauled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Being dragged to this place wasn’t really what he wants. Though he is not doing anything to resist it. He just let Luhan pull him through because he is stubborn that way.

When they’ve reached the entrance of the building, all Yifan wanted to do was to turn around and run to some place where he can properly breathe. But how can he when a baby-faced man has a firm grip on his arm. He never thought Luhan can be this strong.

“Don’t even think of running away now, Yifan.” He scolds him when Yifan was squirming on his hold. “ you’ve wasted enough of my time and we are here now so there is no turning back.”
“ When I asked for your help, this was not the kind of idea that I have in mind!” The taller one shot back. “ He was mad at me Luhan. And I know that he still is.” The truth is he was wishing and hoping for the otherwise, but considering how Yixing had thrown those words in one interview, he felt a pang in his chest. He didn’t mention a name but Yifan knows that It was meant for him.

He misses Yixing so bad that his heart aches whenever he sees him on television, in his phone and in the little things that reminds him of the younger man. That’s what pushed him in wanting to clear things between them and maybe to have him back. It is not that he never tried to visit him here in his studio. In fact, he had been watching this place from afar countless times hoping that he will see Yixing. He did, though he never had the courage to face the younger man after he left a couple of years ago.

“Then why did you let me drag you here? And wasted all of my time and energy?!” Luhan runs a hand in his face in defeat. Yifan is being his giant oaf self again and emotionally and physically testing Luhan.

“... Because!” The taller man was preparing himself to retaliate but didn’t get a chance since the words got stuck in his throat when he noticed a familiar figure walking down the hall and towards them. Luhan sensed this and turned to the direction where Yifan was looking.

“Xing!” surprise at Yixing’s sudden appearance, Luhan approached him and gave him a hug. The younger returned it warmly. Yifan observed.

While he watches them interact, Yifan felt a bit out of place. It had always been like that. Even back in the days that they still belonged to one group. Whenever Luhan and Yixing were together he felt that he was poles apart from them. It hasn’t changed. In whatever circumstances they are in, it always gives him the same feeling. Although he knows for a fact that they are just best friends… Still.

Catching himself staring for too long, Yifan dropped his gazed to floor looking even more pathetic standing there.

He hears Yixing inviting Luhan for a coffee in his office and the older one agreed enthusiastically. Thinking about what he heard made him feel even more dejected and so he frowned to himself. Since he is standing a good few feet away, he thought it's a good chance to get away. But Luhan was quicker than he thought. He was caught by Luhan’s claws and once again lets himself get hauled.

Riding the elevator and walking through a long hallway until they reach Yixing’s office, to Yifan, it felt like forever. He’s been feeling uneasy because he can feel that Yixing has been looking at him. He was able to develop this kind of sixth sense whenever he was with him before. Yixing has this habit of observing other people, especially Yifan. And whenever he catches him or looks back, he sees Yixing’s sparkling eyes and smiles that brings him a very welcoming warmth. But now he is scared of looking back. Scared that he might see something else in his eyes. But what's even more frightening is seeing it empty.

Yixing proceeds to a small room to prepare their coffee when they entered his office. Luhan plopped himself on a sofa comfortably located at the center of the room while Yifan mindlessly looked around. It was his first time here after all. The room was small, but not too small for Yixing. It is a humble sized room which is perfect for him and surprisingly clean, too. Considering Yixing was not the type who tidies up every time and would always look for help in looking for some of his things that are often buried in a very messy pile of other stuff. Yifan smiled at those memories but frowns again as he observed his surroundings. Maybe some things do change.

Meanwhile, Luhan stood up from his seat and called out that he needs to excuse himself out first because he got a message from Tao that he wants to be fetched from the entrance of the building ( Tao is just being a princess and Tao is not Tao if he is not like that.). Were they having a small reunion? Luhan never mentioned to him anything about it if they do. Then, was everything happening now was planned out beforehand? Tao is even joining them any moment now. 

“Wait! You can’t just leave me here?!” Yifan whispered.

Luhan pats his shoulder in comfort “I am giving you time to talk to Yixing alone.”

“So you actually planned this all along? Tao is-”

“Look Yifan,” the older sighed as he was about to step out of the room “This is actually your mess. You asked for my help and I did what I had to do. But now its time for you to do this on your own. It may seem that you are wasting my time but the way I see it, you’ve been wasting most of yours. Think about it. And at least try harder. He will understand. It's not like you don’t know Yixing.”

Although he can’t deny that Luhan has a point, he can’t help but feel a bit scared and uncertain for some reason. Yixing is known for his unending patience and kindness that he himself has encountered many times before. What scared him is, what if Yixing doesn’t have left for him anymore?

Yifan took the seat where Luhan was moments ago as Yixing walks back to his receiving area a tray in hand with four cups of coffee. The younger handed him quietly a cup which he gladly but albeit hesitantly, took since he can’t wait to take a sip so that it could relax his nerves. It didn’t give him much help. The younger man sank down the sofa across him looking so calm as he took a sip from his cup. Yifan is quietly baffled by Yixing’s behavior but he understands why and kept wondering whats running on Yixing’s mind.

The humming of the air conditioner filled the room and Yifan felt that an awkward silence will ensue. He was halfway done with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter