Kim Dayong

VAEX Entertainment [백스 엔터테인먼트]

When I recieved the news that I had been accpeted into the company, I was ecstatic. Despite VAEX being a new company, 12 people had come up to audition with nothing in advertising but its start-up website. I myself had only heard of the audition through a friend of a friend of a friend, who had apparently been a part of the underground dance studio that Linda, the CEO, supposedly worked at. That underground dance studio was both famous and infamous. Its fame was widespread throughout Korea, but even I didn't know where it was. I suppose that may have been one of the reasons that I decided to audition. 

I didn't know what to expect. Even though people recommended to apply for the big 3, I was wary, hearing the of the stories of forced diets and lack of freedom. My dream to become an idol was large, but I also valued myself as well. I wanted to be happy doing my dream career, but sometimes, forsaking too much makes your dream lose its value. 

At the time being, I was packing my belongings out into the dorm that we were to stay at. I was the first one there, because I was the first person to be accepted. A staff member who stood outside of the audition room told me to go to this building. 

The dorm itself was small and apartment-like. It was nested in the company's much larger building. When I first entered, there was a kitchenette/ living room area. Extended down was a small hallway with 3 doors. One led to a bathroom and the other two led to bedrooms, each with 2 beds, 2 nightstands and a closet. The whole dorm could not have been much larger than 500 sq ft. 

So this was where I was to be living for the next years of my life. I was a junior in high school, and moving here was a big impact in my life. My friends supported me moving here, however I couldn't help but miss them. New York City was such a loud bustling place with so many cultures and resturants. If I wanted Indian food, Arab food, Chinese food, I could get it any time. At any one moment walking down the street I could hear possibly up to 5 languages being spoken. I missed my home already. But now was the time for me to step up and find my dream.

I ped my large suitcase and started to unload my clothes into an empty drawer. The rest of my clothes that wrinkled easily I hung in the closet. I made sure to only use half. The other side of the room had an empty sort of air. One that was going to be filled if someone else was accepted. I wondered who would be my roommate. Would she be tall? Short? Pale? Tan? I wondered if we would be close. Would our personalities match or clash? The more I thought, the more I became curious, so much that I stopped packing and paced around the room, my eyes glued on the second bed.

Who could she be?

 

...

 

Kim Dayong