prologue.

Lil' Meow Meow

Hoseok let a tired sigh escaped his mouth as he finally set his foot inside his apartment. Randomly throwing his shoes on the floor after taking it off, he looked up to see a dim light coming from the living room.

 

Hoseok approached the living room with light steps to be greeted with a cute but also heart-wrenching sight. He couldn't help but coo and swoon over the bundle of fluff that is his pet hybrid, Jimin, whose body was curled into a ball and had fallen asleep on the couch. The guilt and remorse soon came washing over him for making Jimin wait until late night for him. Technically it wasn't his fault as he had specifically told Jimin to sleep and not stay up waiting for him, still that realization didn't make him feel any better.

 

He carefully put down his belongings so that no noise would disturb Jimin's sleep and then move on to slip his arms under Jimin's neck and knees to carry him to his bedroom. Jimin did have his own separate bedroom but often times, he woke up in the morning with Jimin sleeping peacefully beside him on his bed.

 

Even with the extra effort in carefully carrying Jimin, the smaller had stirred in his sleep and woke up to see his long awaited owner. "Oh, Hobi hyung, you're home!" Jimin's greeted sleepily with a tinge of excitement at his presence. Jimin's tail and ears that was resting limply a few moment ago perking up. He cutely rubbed his eye with the back of his hands and Hoseok could feel his heart, no, his entire existence dying from Jimin's cuteness. "Yeah, I'm home. I'm sorry for making you wait until. Didn't I told you to go sleep first even if I haven't return?" Hoseok scolded him with no real menace while nuzzling Jimin's nose.

 

"I-I know that but I still want to wait for you." Jimin pouted cutely and it was another stab to Hoseok's heart. Seriously, too much Jimin would result Hoseok in the hospital but he really love Jimin with all his heart. He would rather die from cuteness overload than living a life without Jimin killing him on the inside every second with his endearing antics.

 

"You're just too cute!" Hoseok said and ruffles Jimin's hair, his ears softly like how he likes it. Jimin let out a soft contented purr and Hoseok had to take some moments to recover from the adorable response. "It's already late night, you should go to sleep. I'll shower and join you, okay?" Hoseok told and Jimin slipped under the blanket, drifting off to his dreamland again.

 

Hoseok's short shower was able to relax his body but his mind was filled with thoughts. He cautiously get on the bed and once Jimin detect his presence, he subconsciously snuggled into Hoseok's chest. Laying down with Jimin beside him, Hoseok took his time to appreciate Jimin's featureㅡ the pretty monolids that was covering Jimin's doe eyes, nose that Hoseok loves to boop, mochi cheeks that Jimin likes to complain about but one that Hoseok adore very much and plump lips that he would love to every moment. He took a few moments just admiring how sweet and precious Jimin is and how lucky he is for being his owner, before following Jimin to his dreamland.

 

 

 

 

The next day was Saturday and Hoseok's dance academy was open, various classes going on at the moment. Hoseok was supposedly there too, teaching alongside his friend, Taemin, but he informed him beforehand that he would be absent for that specific Saturday. With that in mind, he decided to get back to sleeping and reached out for a warm body to hold but instead found a deserted and cold bed. This alerted Hoseok and in an instance his eyes were wide opened, wide awake. Why was his beloved cat not on his bed, requesting for the morning cuddles and kisses? Where could Jimin be? What could possibly have Jimin escaped the comfort and warmth the bed provides in such morning? His thoughts were going wild.

 

Has Jimin decided that he had enough and ran away from his house, and left him all alone? Hoseok knew he has been a terrible owner, always busy, days filled with activities resulting in very little time to spend with Jimin. So, did Jimin really left him for neglecting him most of the time at his own house?

 

Hoseok runs a famous dance academy and works as a producer and rapper at the same time. This takes up a lot of his time so he has very little time to spare for Jimin. The cat hybrid deserved a better owner, one that could spend his entire time flooding Jimin with love and affection because he deserved to be so.

 

Hoseok hastily ran out of the bedroom to Jimin's bedroom only to find an empty room, which only arises more panic inside him. He rushed to the living room and was extremely relieved when he spot Jimin in the kitchen. The moment he found Jimin standing in the kitchen, still inside his apartment, tears was already forming on his eyes.

 

He rushed to give Jimin who was standing towards the stove, a back hug. Hoseok nuzzled Jimin's shoulder and found comfort in the smaller's natural sweet body scent. Jimin squeaked in surprise at the firm chest and abs that crashed into his back and the arms that was suddenly enveloping his lithe waist. Then it turns into giggles, one that Hoseok wished to hear for the rest of his life. "I'm trying to make breakfast for you." Jimin told Hoseok and there goes his heart again. How sweet of Jimin despite how Hoseok has been in the recent months, barely having time to be with him.

 

"I'm sorry, Jimin. I haven't been home a lot these days." Hoseok's apologies were muffled from nuzzling Jimin's neck but Jimin understood it and just hummed. "It's okay. I know that you're busy." Jimin said and without having to look up, Hoseok knew even if he said so, an adorable pout accompanied his words. Hoseok finally looked up, grazing a light kiss on Jimin's pouting lips which leads to the cat's soft, rounded cheek getting tinted with pink and turn to look at what Jimin was trying to do.

 

Jimin was trying to prepare some scrambled egg and sausages. The frozen sausages were already out of the refrigerator and the eggs were already beaten. Hoseok's heart swell at the thought of how Jimin always squeal when the oil splattered. He would scrambled away when Hoseok was frying anything, terrified that the oil splatter would burn his hand. Despite that, he toughened up himself just to please Hoseok.

 

Jimin is just that precious, and Hoseok would be damned if he ever lose Jimin.

 

With the sudden burst of adoration, Hoseok snuggled into Jimin and pressed loving kisses all over his face. Jimin was seated on a stool with Hoseok standing between his legs and he hummed in contentment for having the time to act all affectionate with Hoseok. Most of their mornings was Jimin waking up to Hoseok rushing for work. No time for cuddles, only a quick kiss that wasn't even long enough for Jimin to enjoy. There were times when he wanted to whine, clung onto Hoseok so he couldn't go anywhere. Jimin mentally applauded himself for holding it in for so long, he had to because he was a good boy and could live comfortably, even indulging himself on luxury goods all thanks to Hoseok's hardwork.

 

The two stayed in that position for a few minutes before detaching themselves because both of their stomach grumbled in protest. Hoseok demanded Jimin to watch the TV or do something else while waiting for breakfast to be cooked. Jimin had refused to do so but soon scrambled away once the pan become noisy.

 

A hearty breakfast and an afternoon spent on cuddling after, Hoseok sat down on the couch while Jimin exclusively sat on a special seat, that is Hoseok's lap. Hoseok mindlessly switched the channels and abruptly questioned, "Jimin, do you feel lonely when I'm at work?"

 

Jimin saw Hoseok's thoughtful look and took some time before answering. He might Hoseok back from his doing what he was supposed to do if he admit it. At the same time, his hyung always told him to be honest, to tell everything that he feels and think to him. In response, Jimin bashfully nodded.

 

"A lot?" Hoseok asked while caressing and looking at Jimin with heart eyes. "Mnhmn, like a lot." Jimin puffed his cheeks and Hoseok was quick to reach out and squeeze his cheeks. Hoseok slightly chuckled at Jimin's squished cheeks and went quiet again. This time it's Jimin's turn to cup Hoseok's face and asked worriedly, "Are you okay? You seem to be stressed out." Just like a machine which reflects it's owner mood, Jimin's ears and tail weren't swinging lightly as before and instead flopped down, his ears leaning towards his hair and his tail resting limply on the couch.

 

Noticing the change of ambience, Hoseok flashed Jimin a smile and managed to elevate the cat's mood which was shown through his straightening ears and tail swishing around in the air.

 

The two remained silent just basking in each other's presence before Hoseok threw a random idea. "Would you like it if we find you a new friend? Like having a new friend to accompany you so you won't be lonely when I'm at work." Hoseok blurted out. Jimin sat quietly thinking about it. "As in you adopting another cat?"

 

"Yeah, he or she would be living with us too. Would you like that?" Hoseok asked skeptically. He was pondering over things and the idea decided to just popped out. He watched Jimin whose face slowly lit up and in no time the cat hybrid was bouncing on his lap, tail also dancing around and his ears perked up. "Yes! That'll be so much fun! I'll have a new friend!" Jimin exclaimed exuberantly. He then started to blabber about the various things they could do together and the extra love Hoseok could get. Seeing all this, Hoseok could only smile fondly at Jimin and all previous doubt of adopting another cat hybrid was gone. He didn't care how hard it would be to raise another one and the amount of money that he needs to spend, so long Jimin is satisfied and happy. All he want is for his Jimin to be happy.

 

So, yes, they surely will be having a new addition to their small family.