I Hope It Last

Oh My Crush

When my classmate hands me the “Remember Me” papers, I certainly did not thought that I would have to literally tell the class my feeling,

“What’s that for?” I asked

“Give these to 5 of the friends you are best with.” Tiffany said.

“Oh” I replied.

“So who would you give after Joy?”

My head short circuited for a little. Did I consider her best friend? Or do I actually had crush on her?

It’s not a secret that I hang out with her a lot anyway, I hope she doesn’t reject to write it?

My classmate looks at me waiting for my answer. Some of the classmate stopped their chatting and looks towards my direction as well.

Oh . Who do I list?

Then I thought of my best friend.

“Seulgi.” I blurted.

She is literally a best friend. Not a crush or anything. Very platonic.

“Then?” My friend asked again.

“Er…” I am contemplating hard now. Who does I consider very good friend?

Or maybe another crush? “Rosé.” I said.

“Oh, who else?”

“I dont’t think I can think of any right now.” This is because the friend I consider as good friend isn’t much uh..

“Sure. Take your time.” she said and continued to pass the papers.

I looked back at my good friend (not that secret crush) the classmate mentioned. I took a breath and pass to my friend so they can pass it to her. Let’s hope she won’t reject to write it.

She looks towards my direction. I gave her a finger heart and smirked to her. She took it with a huff and a roll on her eyes.

 

-

 

The sky almost dives into the late night and I was at the laundry room, chilling with my senior as we play on our phone.

My senior continuously humming songs but was stopped by a middle aged lady beside who was also waiting for her clothes to be dried. “Your hum isn’t even melodic or from any song. Let’s do it properly.”

I don’t know why but I felt the lady seems like she is looking at me? I think of the song I can remember some lyrics. “Well I don’t really practice them so maybe I can’t hit the note.” I warned just in case it gone bad.

 

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn

 

“Oh not bad.” Then the lady joins with harmony.

 

That’s alright because I like the way it hurts.

Just gonna stand there and watch me cry

That’s alright because I love the way you lie

 

Love the  way you lie

 

“It was nice while it lasted kiddo.” The lady commented, taking her pile of laundry out from the dryer. “Adios”

 

I turned up my constant gaze on the floor while singing and went to the senior. She is still playing with her phone, probably chatting with her boyfriend I guess.

 

“Oh I received my competition jersey for tomorrow.” I told her out of random.

 

She looks at me as I took out the clothes that had not yet been opened yet. “Wanna see? I gotta try it on anyway, haven’t managed to.”

 

Since there is no others around I’m just gonna change it here. “Tell me if there is people coming.” I faced at her and back towards the entrance as I took my shirt off.

 

“Oh wow this was a bit, tight.” I tried to stretch my right hand into the sleeve but it was a bit hard as the fabric is the non elastic type so I have to really slow down and lift the jersey back up a little before I can do that.

 

I don’t think my senior watching for the incoming people base on the line of vision she is looking at. Not that I mind anyway.

 

Finally I succeeded in wearing that jersey, albeit a little clumsily in front of my senior. “Not bad right.” I look at myself in the mirror, turning back to see the design.

 

“Yeah.” She answered. “Take it off then, I’ll help you to wash it.”

 

I was quite speechless with the sudden upcoming of the event. “Lol there is no need to bothersome you-”

 

“It’s no bother at all.” she opened the machine, indicates me to throw mine to her existing pile. “I was about to wash another batch anyway.”

 

We waiting beside the machine, I stare at white wall listening to the humming sound from the machine. Then I felt hands on my left cheek.

 

It felt warm and so soft I closed my eyes, savoring the contact on my skin. “What do want me to write on your Remember Me paper?” she asked. Another touch came on my left temple. It was very soothing and relaxing, I leaned into the touch more. “Everything that you want.” I answered.

 

“Everything.” she chuckled, laughing at my choice of vocabulary. I hummed, enjoying the state I was in.

 

“Let’s meet again after my graduation.” Senior said, her hand still intact on my face as she did slight massaging rotation on my temple.

 

“Anytime.” I answered.

 

It was nice IF they last.