Second Home

Boy In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Jennie Kim and her ethereal charm)

"Welcome to Second Home" said Mrs. Kim, the warden of Second Home, in an overly sugar coated tone as she handed over an expensive bouquet to a middle aged woman and welcomed her in. The said incomer who was surrounded by a crowd of reporters was our VIP guest. Passing the bouquet of mixed flowers to her PA, she turned her head around to flash a pleasant smile that soon captivated her over flowing beauty.

As soon as she entered into the premise of our home, crowd of children came running to her just to greet her. They heard she was a big celebrity, a former Miss Korea and an actress named Kim Chungha.

Second Home is an orphanage which runs mainly through a large sum of donations coming from the rich people of South Korea and also occasionally from Europe.

  

Pretty big isn't it?

And I'm Jennie, kids call me Nini here. I live in this orphanage with the other kids. I'm seventeen years old and will be unfortunately attending my first year of high school starting tomorrow onward in S.K. High School which is apparently one of the top renowned high schools of Korea.

This morning I got a call from that same high school informing about me getting a scholarship there. Not a few days ago Mrs. Kim had encouraged me to apply there for scholarship. I did my exam and to be honest I wasn't really hoping for this because I ruined few of my answers but surprisingly I somehow made it. I couldn't content my happiness. I was on my cloud nine. Finally, finally I will have to no longer live my life in someone else's money.

Every end of the session year, our orphanage is visited by a public figure. We are asked to perform for them and they in return bestow us with their charity. I sighed because I'm sick of this. I don't want to be in another article being mentioned as a orphan who was helped by some celebrities so I went back to my room with no interest in interacting with this rich woman.

---

"You have to go and talk to her. C'mon open the door Nini" said Mrs. Kim as she kept on banging on the door.

"I said I'm not meeting her and I don't want to attend that school either" I was flabbergasted when Mrs. Kim told me the actual truth that I was given scholarship there not for my excellent scores but rather because of this lady that I will be meeting today. I was torn apart from inside.

Just how low are you going to get Mrs. Kim? I whispered under my breathe, tired of her constant meddling in my life which does no good to me neither makes me a bit happy.

My soul hurts knowing that another deserving student would have gotten this chance instead of me if only Mrs. Kim wasn't this selfish.

"But why? She's a super star and as a courtesy you have to at least thank her don't you?"

"No. No way. I'm not going to that school ever. Don't even think of that" I informed her sternly.

"Are you planning to keep ruining my efforts Nini?"

"Efforts? Who told you to do that Mrs. Kim?? I've never asked for it. Why don't you just leave me alone?" I yelled loud enough to make her clear.

"Jennie. Don't forget who are you talking to?" She warned me in a firm voice but I no longer care.

"I'M NOT AN ORPHAN MOM. I DON'T NEED A CHARITY" I yelled my lungs out as I stumbled on the floor crying.

There was a pause for a few seconds, I thought maybe just maybe she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter