Chapter 1

Birthday wish

It was Yewon’s 21st birthday and the only thing she wished for is to be in a relationship, being single for her whole life does this to her, for so long she’s been trying to be in a relationship but as time passes and as she meets more people in her life, she unknowingly became picky thus her being single since birth.

“Yewon!!” A familiar voice called out, Yewon turned around to greeted her friend Yuna, “Hey” Yewon said with a smile, “Happy Birthday little one” Yuna shouted out while ruffling Yewon’s hair, Yewon pushed her slighty and frowned at her, Yuna lets out a laugh, “So 7 at your house right?” Yuna asked, “Yup” Yewon nodded, “Alright we”ll see you!” Yuna said before running to her locker but not forgetting to shout Happy Birthday Kim Yewon making Yewon embarrassed as she heads to her classroom with her head hanging low.

University life is making Yewon feel stressed out, instead of learning from the professors, she finds them annoyingly unhelpful, so she teaches herself instead, today her schedule is pack, starting from 9 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon with an hour break for lunch, definitely not what she had in mind for her birthday, after 2 hours of life and science and an hour of biology she finally had her break, she walked to the canteen with her lunch box because she wasn’t really feeling the foods there, she saw Yuna’s girlfriend Yerin with her friend Sojung laughing loudly, Yewon envies the third year students because it looks like their schedules are not as pack as Yewon’s, she walked to them and took a sit without any of them noticing, Sojung was the first one to stop laughing and notice Yewon’s presence, she got up her seat so fast that she almost fell and ran to give Yewon the biggest hug, “Happy Birthday baby girl!” Sojung said showering Yewon kisses across her face, Yewon fought her hardest to push Sojung away but Sojung is strong, “Wait get off it’s my turn!” Yerin shouted as she basically drag Sojung away from Yewon and showered her kisses on Yewon too.

 This is what happens when you’re the youngest one in your group of friends, Yewon is thankful her older friends who are so caring and sometimes too protective that one time the boys in her class were too scared to talk to Yewon because the oldest two were glaring at them, “Yerin get off me before Yuna sees you!” Yewon managed to speak while trying to get away from Yerin, “She won’t be mad it’s your birthday, I’m sure she’ll do the same!” Yerin said hugging Yewon, Yewon sighed knowing she won’t be able to get away with clingy Yerin.

“When is Eunha coming back?” Yewon asked Sojung as she bites her sandwich, “Probably next week, she has to finish some final documents at her dad’s company” Sojung replied, “Sojung is sad because she hasn’t seen Eunha for the last 2 weeks already” Yerin said making a crying face at Sojung making Sojung punched her real hard, “Ouch!” Yerin whined rubbing her arm, Yewon just laughed it out, “Yuna told me about the plan already, we’ll be there” Sojung ignored Yerin’s whining and winked at Yewon.

 

 

*Doorbell rings*

Yewon got up from her couch to open the door, “Yellow!” Yerin shouted as soon as she saw Yewon, “Hey guys!” Yewon greeted with a smile, they came in Yewon’s apartment and settled the gifts and the foods they bought for the birthday girl on the table, “You guys really didn’t have to give me gifts and also I have some left over food here” Yewon said scratching her head, “Left over food for the birthday girl? That’s a no no!” Sojung said as she prepares the table, “Yup! No left over food for our Yewonie just like what Sojung said, here I bought you some clothes since you never want to ask your dad for money” Yuna chuckled giving Yewon her gifts, Yewon said a quick thank you and gave her a hug.

Yewon’s situation is the same as Eunha, Both of them are the daughters of two successful companies, Eunha’s family owning a famous clothing brand and Yewon’s family owning a famous dental clinic across Korea and in other countries, the only difference is Eunha has no choice but take over her dad’s company because she’s the only responsible sibling out of her family while Yewon was lucky her older brother already took over the company last year so she’s free to do whatever she wants at the moment.

The night passed by quickly, they had the time of their life talking about everything from university to their childhood to some dirty jokes to their future to watching some scary and funny movies, and now it’s close to 12 and it’s time for Yewon to blow out the candles and make a wish before the day finally ends, her friends sang the birthday song to her plus Yuna’s out of beat beatboxing, “Happy Birthday Yewon!” Her friends all greeted, “Now make a wish” Sojung said with a motherly smile.

Yewon closed her eyes and made her wish.

I wish for a girlfriend.

 

 

________________________

Hello, It's my first time writing a story, sorry if it's not good but i hope you guys enjoy it :))