Somebody Good

With Every Breath I Take

                A rare beauty was roaming the streets after finishing work for the day. He worked at a school as a music teacher, and he loved his job. He got to sing every day, and teaching the children how to control their voices was fun and entertaining. There was always some new challenge every day, and it kept the teacher on his feet. He always had inspiration to move on to the next day.

                The day had been productive for him. He got all of his students to turn in any assignments they were missing, and most of them had passing grades. Tomorrow he was planning on doing a fun day for his students as a present for them getting everything done.

                The man was gorgeous. He had a thin body with a slim waist, a flat stomach, milky skin, dark eyes, plump, red lips, high cheek bones, straight hair, and beautiful brown eyes. It wasn’t a secret that every teacher in school had a crush on him, even the men. They all wanted a taste of his lips and skin, but Jaejoong wouldn’t let them. He wanted to find the one. His mother used to always tell him to wait before he got married to know that he was with the one that would love him no matter what, and he hadn’t found that one person yet.

                As the man was lost in thought, he was oblivious of the men following him. They were obviously drunk. They had glazed eyes and their breath reeked of alcohol. They stumbled and laughed, but the beautiful man still didn’t hear them.

                “Come on, let’s get him now,” the short drunk said.

                “But he’s going to scream and yell,” the oldest warned.

                His little brother sighed and stated proudly, “There’s an alleyway up there. Let’s take him in there and knock him out.”

                The short one, the friend, shrugged before sleazily grinning. He led the way to the beautiful man. The brothers followed.

                Still in thought, the beautiful man felt a hand go over his mouth. His eyes widened when he was being dragged away from the sidewalk. He let out a muffled scream when he saw two more men. They were smirking at him. It sent shivers down his spine, and he quieted down. He wasn’t going to struggle. He was going to let these guys do what they wanted to him so they could get it done and over with.

                He was pulled into that dark alleyway. The next thing he knew, he was knocked unconscious.

 

                Jaekyung, the tall one of the drunks, was almost completely . The pretty man was being held up against a wall by Taehoon and Jim, the younger brother and short one. Just then, the man was starting to wake up. He groaned and raised his head. When he saw Jaekyung taking his boxers off, he squeaked out protests while struggling.

                Taehoon slapped the man’s chest to get him to stop. It worked for a few seconds, but he started to whimper as Jaekyung began feeling the beautiful man up. He didn’t want to be by somebody he didn’t even know.

                “YAH! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!”

                Jaekyung, who was now putting his hands on Jaejoong’s private parts, jerked his head to the left. He saw a luminous figure approaching quickly. That was his cue to run, but he headed for his clothes first. He had too much pride to go into public .

                The hero didn’t let him get them on. He practically killed the man by punching, kicking, and whacking with beer bottles. To put it simply, the mystery man was pissed.

                “Why the do you think you can do this to an innocent man, huh?” the man questioned Jaekyung. Jaekyung was being held by the shoulders, and was nearly unconscious from being thrown around by this mystery man.

                “I-I didn’t mean to—”

                “Oh, sure, you didn’t mean to try to the man! Now tell me why you’re doing such an act!”

                Jaekyung gulped and tasted blood. He was about to pass out. “He’s easy to get to…” And with that, Jaekyung became silent. The hero dropped him to the ground and turned his attention to Jim, Taehoon, and the beautiful man. He had to force his eyes away from the man, but he eventually did it.

                Jim and Taehoon slowly let go of the beauty. The hero’s intense glare was too much for them. They hurried off shortly after.

                The beauty was standing there, astonished. Somebody he didn’t even know had saved him. The numbness in his body wore off eventually and he fell to the ground in tears of embarrassment, shame, and discomfort. He had been touched without wanting to be. He was in front of a man he didn’t know, and his body was freezing.

                The hero sensed how the beauty felt and immediately softened his hard exterior. He slowly approached the poor man. “Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?”

                The beauty buried his face in his hands and sobbed, answering his hero’s questions.

                The man sighed. He sat down in front of the beauty and handed him the clothes he was wearing before the drunks came along. “Here are your clothes. Get dressed.”

                The beautiful man looked up. His hero was sincere. The man took his clothes very cautiously. He held them to his chest, but he didn’t get dressed.

                “What’s wrong?” the hero asked.

                “Um… C-could you t-turn around?”

                “Huh? Oh, right. Sorry.”

                With that, the beauty was able to get dressed. When he was, he felt more comfortable. He sighed and told his hero to turn back around, that it was safe to look now.

                When he did, he nearly choked on air. The beauty was staring right at him with red, puffy eyes, stained cheeks, and a flushed face. It made him want to protect the poor man, but he knew he couldn’t do that. He was dirty, and the beauty probably wouldn’t want to be touched by the man.

                “My name is Jaejoong,” the beautiful man said quietly.

                Something cracked like a whip in the hero’s body, and a smile graced his face. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Yunho.”

                “Thank you,” Jaejoong whispered.

                “I had to. Those bastards were trying to you, and it’s not very fun, believe me.”

                Jaejoong’s eyes bulged in disbelief. “You’ve been before?”

                Yunho nodded, pursed his lips together. He looked down in shame. Yes, he had been before. By both men and women, in fact. “Yeah.”

                There was an idle silence between them before Jaejoong spoke up again. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

                “Well, I was young, and I didn’t know how to protect myself. Nobody dares to come near me now.”

                Jaejoong giggled and covered his smile with the back of his hand. Yunho looked on and thought it was the cutest thing. Jaejoong stopped and looked back up, still smiling, but it disappeared with his next question. “Why did people hurt you when you were younger?”

                “They were all jerks, and I was the easiest thing to get to for their ual desires. I tried to protect myself, don’t get me wrong, but I was only a kid.” Yunho lowered his gaze to the ground as he remembered all the times when the rapists caught up to him and took advantage of his tiny body. It hurt him extensively, but he had to let them do it to them or else they’d kill him.

                “Yunho-sshi… I don’t know what to say. I-I…”

                “It’s alright, Jaejoong-ah. I’m fine.” Yunho tilted his head to the side and gave Jaejoong a faint but warm smile. “You, on the other hand, need to go home before another gang of garbage comes around to get you.” Yunho stood up. He held his hand out for Jaejoong to take.

                Jaejoong eyed Yunho’s hands before letting his hero pull him up. He smiled at Yunho kindly and once again said his thanks. Yunho wished him luck before Jaejoong quickly left the alley to head home. Yunho stood in his spot for a second before leaning against the wall and sliding down to the ground. He watched the spot where he last saw Jaejoong. A small, gentle smile came upon his handsome features. Maybe there was someone good in the world.