"Finally"

Perfect Timing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung is fixing his tie when he heard his phone ringing for the seventeenth time, if he's not mistaken. He only confirmed that he's right when he saw it on his phone, along with the caller i.d. of the person who has been trying to reach him for about an hour now.

Rolling his eyes, he was about to reach for his phone, when he heard a hiss. 

 

"Don't you dare, Park Jinyoung."

 

It's Youngjae. 

Turning to his right, seated with his arms crossed is his dongsaeng, and his bestfriend for ten long years, Choi Youngjae. He met him back in highschool, when he was barely surviving his day to day life as a student in their high school. It was tough for someone like him who has just moved from Jinhae, to Seoul. If not for his dad's job, he would've really protested against the idea of moving. Jinyoung knows he's not exactly the type of person who finds it easy to socialize with other human beings, well, he's trying, and how he wished his parents also realized that. Now moving from one place to another, will not really help, will it?

He is beyond thankful for Youngjae, who came into his life like a ray of sunshine, and made the adjustment part, a little lighter and easier for him. Jinyoung had to thank him.

 

Withdrawing his hand and focusing back on his bow tie, Jinyoung just shrugged while looking at his bestfriend through the mirror. "I wasn't even gonna try."

"You should know better." It came out too sharply from Youngjae's mouth and is followed by the younger's eyes rolling heavenwards. "He's always like this, and you know that above anyone else. He s up and then apologizes, then you melt and be with him again, though it's clearer than day that he cannot fight for you and your relationship." 

As much as Jinyoung wants to in, and say something just to avoid looking like some little kid being scolded by his mom, well, Jinyoung can't. And he also knows his bestfriend won't let him.

"Actually, it's better this way that you guys are done." That stings a bit, Jinyoung thought. "You don't deserve all the s Jackson is giving you."

 

Jackson. He's Jinyoung's ex boyfriend. They met two years ago and dated for more than a year. He's not exactly the best kind of boyfriend a guy could have. But he's enough. At least for him. That is what Jinyoung thought, until that time when Jackson decided to break up, because he cannot stand up to his parents; just because he cannot come out of the god damned closet. 

 

It's when Jaebum stepped in and tried to calm his salty husband. "Jae, calm down okay. Yugyeom doesn't need all these s on his wedding day." Jinyoung just watched as the older tried to pacify Youngjae, while smiling at him all too knowingly. Jinyoung just smiled back, trying to express how thankful he is that Jaebum can calm Youngjae down.

He gets it. Youngjae is just protective of him and his heart. Especially because he had witness how hard he cried after his break up with Jackson and all the other break ups he had gone through for the past five years. Youngjae was with him through each one, comforting him but also never fails to knock some sense into him. Between the three of them including Yugyeom, Jinyoung can say that Youngjae is the most rational one. He never thought that Youngjae will fall in love and settle down with someone. But he did, when he met Jaebum. And now, they've been happily and contentedly married for two years now. 

 

"I'm just saying." Youngjae said, a litlle calmer this time. "Jinyoung can be forgetful sometimes. You know, most of the times he forgets how smart he is and just continue to make dumb decisions."

"Yah!" He can't help but react. Youngjae really has no holds barred. Glaring, Jinyoung said, "You're the one who's forgetting who is the hyung here."

"It's only because you forget to act like one." 

Youngjae and his salty mouth. How could Jaebum take all that? Jinyoung wonders. But yeah, right. He also did, after being bestfriends with the younger for a good number of years.

 

They were still both glaring at each other when it was Yugyeom, himself who interfered. "Instead of fighting, can you both get your asses here and help me get dressed for the most important day of my life? I invited you here for a reason. God, you two are the worst hyungs!"

 

Only Jinyoung went to help the youngest out. Youngjae said he's busy of thinking how dumb Jinyoung can get, Jinyoung swears he'll get the younger for what he just said. But he kinda knows he won't be able to as long as Jaebum is there to guard his husband. God, it makes him feel awful that he still doesn't have someone like Jaebum or Bambam. 

It's not that Jinyoung is in a hurry to settle down, totally not, but the fact that among the three of them, only his is still single, doesn't help also. Two years ago, Youngjae got married, and now it's Yugyeom's turn. Jinyoung is only twenty five, so he's not supposed to be panicking about growing old alone and lonely, but what can he do? All his bestfriends have already found their match and is starting their happily ever after with them. While, he... well he has a stable job which makes him earn double as how much his bestfriends are earning; he has a house of his own, and a car Yugyeom envies him about. But in comparison with true and lasting love, are those things enough?

Don't get him wrong. He is extremely glad that his bestfriends are finally with the love of their lives. He's happy, and he supports them. To prove it, he's been the bestman in Youngjae's wedding, and now in Yugyeom's. But is this always how it's going to be? Him being the bestman and never the groom?

 

"Ouch!" 

Jinyoung snapped out of his thought when he heard Yugyeom. He looked at the younger who is wincing. "Hyung, are you trying to choke me?" Immediately he let go of the necktie which he just finished fixing on Yugyeom's colllar, while giving an apologetic smile.

"There, you're now good to go, Yug." He said to the tall blonde. 

"Thanks, hyung." Yugyeom smiled as he reached for his black coat. "It's just really a bummer that you and Jackson hyung broke up. I thought you'll be married before me."

Soon enough, Youngjae is standing up and now beside them. "Hey, he's better off without that coward."

"Yah, just stop it, you two." Jinyoung said just to keep things in peace. "Youngjae you seriously need to stop acting like my mom, okay?" He saw how Youngjae scowled at him, really what a brat. "And as for you, Yugyeom, aren't you ready yet? Your husband to be is waiting for you."

Seeing how the younger's face lit up just with the mention of husband, is enough to make Jinyoung believe that love is real. At least what his bestfriends' have are.

 

He tapped the younger's shoulder, but then Yugyeom also put his hand on his shoulder and smiling warmly, he said, "Don't worry hyung. you will find your match too."

 

**********

 

Well at least Yugyeom did stay true to his words. 

 

Jinyoung remembered telling the younger that he's sick of being the bestman, so maybe that is why Yugyeom gave him another role. He is the wedding singer. Well, not really a wedding singer. Yugyeom just asked him to sing a few songs during the reception, and not having the heart to say no, Jinyoung agreed.

 

"Darling just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own

and in your eyes, you're holding mine..."

 

He sang in front of the guests who also witnessed the exchange of vows of the two lovebirds who are dancing at the center of the hall. It's their song that Jinyoung is singing. It's also the song he sang when Yugyeom proposed to Bambam. He remembers how happy those two were right after Yugyeom popped the question. They were so happy that it awakened something in Jinyoung, making him realize that he too, would want to settle down with the love of his life. 

But unfortunately, that love of his life was not brave enough to stand up for him. Jinyoung just convinced himself that maybe, marriage is still not for him. Maybe he is bound to remain single for a longer time.

Glancing on the couple, Jinyoung continued singing.

 

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms

barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

when you said, you looked a mess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter