Good Night

Haunted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you for letting me buy this house at a great discount! Being able to stay here is better than commuting 2 hours to my college from my previous apartment.." I thanked the owner of the house, though he didn't respond and simply gave me the keys before walking away, closing the gates for me.

I tried to shrug it off as I approach the front door, using the keys to open it. Now I won't lie, I've been highly suspicious that this huge mansion-like house was sold to me for a cheap price, but I'm not necessarily complaining. Yet at least.

When I entered the house, I was caught off guard by how clean and organized everything was.

"There are even a few books left in the shelf...did the owner not want them or something?"

I scanned the books from the shelf, not recognizing any of the books despite being an avid reader. As I looked around, one particular book caught my attention.

"A book without a title? ...Well, this could be a journal too...but why is it chained up?" Out of curiosity, I hesitantly took the particular book out of the shelf.

"Woah, theres a skull in the middle." Part of me found the skull to be a bit...alluring. Wait, what?

Since when was I fond of skulls?! Snap out of it.

Shaking my head, I returned the book back to the shelf, being mindful to not mess with things any further in case the previous house owner comes back to retrieve it.

Noticing a mirror in the wall, I decided to be silly and approached close to where I can see my own reflection, imitating a few random scenes from kdramas.

"Haha, I should stop. I still need to unpack some boxes.." I stated, running my hand through my hair, when I then noticed that the reflection in the mirror wasn't copying my movement. I took a step back, feeling myself hold my breath as my heart began to quicken its beat. It wasn't the lack of movement in my reflection that freaked me out, but rather what freaked me out is that the mirror's reflection didn't display my face. It displayed another girl, immensely staring at me.

"B-bwo?!" The female continued to stare at me, almost as if it was killing me with her eyes. Her stare caused me to fall back. I wanted to turn back, to make a run for it, but I've seen too many horror movies to know that you should NEVER turn back. I have to admit though, the female was really beautiful.

Now is not the time to be fascinated! Now breathe, close your eyes...

I closed my eyes, counting to 30 before I opened my eyes again. Sighing in relief, I glanced to the mirror to see that the female was not there anymore.

Alright, remember to avoid mirrors in this house. Noted.

 

. . .

Feeling a bit cautious from the mirror situation, I went out to go shopping for food to place in the empty fridge. I was hungry anyway, so it was kinda convenient.

Returning to my new home, I noticed that two trucks were parked nearby. I later found out that it was the trucks that had many of my supplies and furniture from my previous home. With them helping me, I was able to not worry too much about moving certain furniture like the couch and bed at a certain place.

After thanking the helpers for moving the furniture, I went back inside my new home, seeing variety of boxes scattered around the living room.

"Whew...why did I pack so many things?"

After unpacking most of the boxes, I was at least able to set up how I wanted my room to look like. Posters were placed on certain spots of the room's walls. A picture frame of me with my family was placed next to a small lamp. The bed sheets was also changed to a pastel purple since it was my favorite color.

"Well, now that I have cleaned, I'll reward myself with some dinner." I head downstairs from my room, passing the living room and turning to my left to go to the kitchen.

"Let's see what I have bought...Hmm."

Spicy Chicken ramen package.
Spicy Kimchi ramen package.
Beef ramen package.
Eggs.
Bread.

Ha. Ha.

You expected me to cook? Nope. I have no culinary skills. Or at least, the most accurate description is that I'm just too lazy to learn how to cook.

In my previous home, I had a roommate who loved to cook, so I guess I grew accustomed to that.

After boiling the water and making boiled egg, I poured the water into the plastic bowl, covering it for a few minutes till the noodles cooked itself.

Although the wait was only a few minutes, I was immediately distracted by my ears hearing a faint noise. I used the instincts of my ears and followed the noise. The closer I got, the more hesitant my steps became as I realized what the noise was.

It was the sound of a bell.

Apparently the bell sound was leading me to a particular room. I turned the knob of the door, only to then see a dining table with plates and utensils.

It would have actually been a pretty neat and cool dining table, only if the utensils weren't floating in midair.

"What the !" I slammed the door shut, not believing what I saw.

As much as I want that ramen, I rushed upstairs to my new room instead. I didn't want to encounter any more paranormal activity.

 

. . .

"Aw man! I thought that she was going to share her noodles...I mean, she did buy a whole package!" Dami pouted as she drops her utensils on the table.

"Tch, the previous human was a vegetarian while this human is a noodle enthusiast. When will we ever have meat?!" Sua complained, crossing her arms.

"Why are you two complaining about food? We are ghost, we don't starve anymore." Jiu stated, rolling her eyes. Jiu looks around to see that one of her ghost companions was missing.

"Now where did Gahyeon go to?"

 

. . .

"That was just my imagination. Just a hallucination..yeah, I didn't get a good night sleep yesterday, so that must be the effects of seeing those things float...right?" I shook my head furiously, trying to prevent myself from questioning things any further.

I laid myself to my new bed, covering myself with the bed sheets. I closes my eyes, trying to force m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter