Kisses

Stolen Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke to the sound of screaming. Blearily, I stared around, wondering where I was. I was on the couch, and I'd fallen asleep with the television on again. I watched the horror movie for a few seconds, internally cursing the heroine as she stumbled down a dark shadowy corridor. The screaming rose to a crescendo and I flicked off the TV. I stretched, trying to loosen the kinks in my neck. A glance at the clock on the wall told me that it was only nine-thirty. I must have been more tired than I thought.

I had just dragged my off the couch to head upstairs when there was a light knock on the front door. It was probably Hyunwoo. Well Hyunwoo is my best friend ever since he appeared in my music video for "You and I". I took my time getting there, and the visitor knocked, louder this time.

"Jieun ahhhh? Let me in, will ya? It's freezing out here!" My best friend's voice came muffled through the door. I wasn't expecting him, but it wasn't at all unusual for one of us to show up at the other's house at all hours and for all reasons.

"Coming, coming," I grumbled as I unlocked the door. It was unseasonably cold outside, and Hyunwoo slipped in through the smallest possible crack, but some frigid air still drifted in, making me shiver. I went into the tiny kitchen and sat at the table, scratching my head and yawning widely. Hyunwoo sat across from me, watching me fight off sleep. He had a strange look on his normally open face. It made me wonder if maybe he had a more serious purpose for this visit than just a social call.

"Did you just wake up?" His tone was slightly mocking.

"Maybe. What's it to you?" I bantered back.

"Nothing. Just that your hair's a mess." I automatically reached up to smooth down my sleep-mussed hair, but after a few seconds of pulling at the tangles, I gave it up as useless.

"y," he commented, raising his eyebrows. I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"So, to what do I owe the dubious pleasure of your company?" I raised an inquisitive eyebrow and pursed my lips. Hyunwoo grinned.

"You know you love me." It was his usual response when I pretended to be annoyed with him (in truth, I was always glad to see him), but this time, it felt like there was some hidden meaning behind the words. That indecipherable look was back in his eyes. He continued to stare at me meaningfully-it was like he was trying to give me some sort of message telepathically. For some unfathomable reason, I felt warmth creeping up my neck as we looked at each other. Holy crap. Was Hyunwoo making me blush? A minute of tense silence passed before I reached my limit and suddenly jumped up, asking him if he wanted something to drink.

"No, thanks," he said. "I can't stay long." 

I opened the fridge and rummaged around, looking for the last water bottle that I knew was in there somewhere. I finally found it hidden behind some leftover take-out and turned to ask him again if he wanted anything. The water bottle slipped through my fingers. Hyunwoo caught it before it had a chance to hit the floor.

He had sile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter