one.

Strawberry Milk

 

There it is again, she thought as she let her eyes flickered over the drink placed in her locker.

 

The same brand, the same note, wishing for her to have a good day and for some odd reason, her admirer (supposed that he or she is an admirer and not some creepy stalker trying to drug her, as Kong Xiaoyin  had once mentioned) had never been caught in the act.

 

Mo Han tried everything.

 

From persuading the security guard to show her the CCTV footage for their hallway to coming to school as early as six in the morning, Mo Han found absolutely nothing that would be able to lead her to this admirer of hers.

 

“Again?”

 

“Yeah,” Mo Han breathed out and grabbed the small carton from the locker before shoving it into her backpack and towering behind her is her dear friend Kong Xiaoyin , whom would always find a way to snipe at her and mock her at whatever chances that she gets but Mo Han just figures that it was a way of her to express her love, since Kong Xiaoyin  is mainly bad at expressing herself.

 

“With all the milk that you’ve been getting I’m surprised that you’re not growing any taller. Maybe you should get this girl to get you the one with extra calcium.”

 

Mo Han let her eyebrow twitched a little at this and chose to keep her composure, not wanting to snap at her friend the first thing in the morning. “Oh, should I leave her a note in my locker—“

 

It was only then she noticed the fact that Kong Xiaoyin referred to her admirer as a she, instead of being ambiguous with her reference like she would usually do. “Wait, how do you know that it’s a she?”

 

“Huh?” Kong Xiaoyin stopped on her tracks and fiddled with the strap of her backpack nervously, shifting her gaze away from Mo Han. “I did? I mean, you know. I don’t think guys would be attentive enough to actually get you things. Yeah.”

 

“Kong Xiaoyin , I know it whenever you try to around with me.”

 

“Should I give you a real piece of later on? I do feel the need to stop by the restroom—“

 

“Why you—“

 

If it weren’t for the fact that Xu Chenchen had suddenly appeared before them in the hallway, Mo Han would’ve ended up brawling with Kong Xiaoyin in the middle of the place but since she knows how terrifying Xu Chenchen could get whenever the two gets into a brawl or a war of words as a matter of fact, Mo Han decides to shrug it off for now.

 

She’ll find a way to get back to Kong Xiaoyin sometime in the future.

 

 

Mo Han decided that she was having a profoundly ty day.

 

From failing her math test, to not having her two close friends with her today – since they had a workshop to attend to, it’s not a wonder that she’s all grumpy walking down the hallway on her own.

 

And on top of that, she didn’t get her freaking milk today – today, of all days.

 

But whatever, the person crushing on her had probably gotten sick of her.

 

Just as she was about to take a step down the staircase, a hand reached out to tap on her shoulder from behind.

 

Mo Han was about to snarl at whoever it was, for stopping her while she was on her way down but stopped when she sees that it was a familiar face.

 

It was Dai Meng.

 

She had recognized her from the recent showcase at their school.

 

Dai Meng was not a part of the performers though, just the replacement mc – as Kong Xiaoyin had told her if she was not mistaken.

 

And if her memory doesn’t fail her, Mo Han remembers seeing her with the student council whenever there is an assembly so she’s probably a part of the council too.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Uhm… Hi?” Mo Han had to admit that talking to strangers and befriending them was not her forte. It was Kong Xiaoyin’s and she was not there to help her out.

 

“I’m… going to need to take you to the office as of right now. You’re breaking the school dress code as of the moment.”

 

“I… Are you serious?” she gaped at her in disbelief before taking a glimpse of her own uniform.

 

Okay, maybe she should have not taken off their school’s blazer and tied it around her waist, and maybe she shouldn’t have loosen her tie too but surely having a ty day as an excuse would let her get away with it no?

 

 

Nope.

 

She ends up waiting in the student council’s office, sitting awkwardly in front of one of the desks.

 

The place was pretty much empty except for her, and the same girl who had taken her in and is currently writing down her details on a piece of paper.

 

She tried texting Kong Xiaoyin in an attempt to get her assistance in getting her out from this mess – since the latter holds a position in the council itself but sadly, the girl hadn’t been checking her text since early morning.

 

“I’m sorry Mo Han,” Dai Meng finally looked up and broke the silence. The look on her face was apologetic and Mo Han did not have the heart to snap at her.

 

“It's fine,” she replied with a sigh. “It was my fault anyway.”

 

The awkward silence returned not long after that. “So if you wouldn't mind I'll get going—“

 

“No, wait.”

 

Mo Han was surprised to see Dai Meng getting up from her seat and heading over to the small fridge at the corner of the room, taking out a drink that she is oh-so-familiar with.

 

Does everyone in this school drinks strawberry milk from ‘that’ brand?

 

“Here you go.”

 

“What's this for?”

 

The look on her face must've looked funny enough for Dai Meng to end up slipping out a soft chuckle for a brief moment as she placed the small carton in front of her. “You looked like you were having a rough day. And I feel bad for reporting you in.”

 

“Oh… Thanks.”

 

All in all, it was a pretty bad day for her but Mo Han supposes that getting a small carton of strawberry milk at the end of the day makes her feel less ty.

 

-

 

God, you're an idiot.”

“What? She was breaking the school’s dress code!”

“And you're now one step away from getting her.”

“I… I gave her strawberry milk after that.”

“And that's supposed to make her feel better?”

“Has anyone told you that you're mean Kong Xiaoyin?”

“Mo Han did as a matter of fact.”

“Why does it have to be you of all people to find out?”

“Oh I don't know, you probably should've picked a better place to store your stash of strawberry milk. Like… not the council’s fridge perhaps?”

“That's because Pres is allowing me to!”

“She's probably just sad seeing you with your unrequited love and decided to help you out.”

“Did I mention that she knows about your unrequited love too?”