FINAL

Starbucks at Names (but sometimes its for the better)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 1

When Mark had decided to get his daily intake of coffee at the Starbucks by his apartment instead of the one by his school he hadn’t expected to be walking out with a massive crush on somebody.

The barista, named Donghyuck based on his name tag, had the most radiant smile and prettiest eyes Mark had ever seen. His skin glowed and his hair looked soft, he was truly beautiful.

He had spotted him before he’d even opened the glass doors to the shop. It was as if Donghyuck shone, he made everything around him look dull and boring compared to himself.

“Hello, what would you want today?” Donghyuck smiled at Mark as he spoke, a pang going off in Mark’s chest followed by a million butterflies.

“An iced coffee thanks.” Iced coffee? Mark never drank iced coffee, he always drank either a double espresso or an Americano. This Donghyuck boy really made his mind hazy.

“Okay, what size?” Donghyuck’s hand was resting on the little screen in front of him, his thumb ready to tap whatever Mark answered.

“Grande please.” A grande might be big for him alone but he knew his friends, Jeno, Jaemin and Renjun would all ask for a sip.

“Okay, do you want milk with that?” Renjun was lactose intolerant so that was a no. He only shook his head with a smile plastered on his face.

“Okay,” Donghyuck looked to the side before finding a cup, “and your name?” Mark looked at the way Donghyuck held the sharpie in his beautiful tanned fingers, the way he was holding the cup close to his face ready to write.

“Mark, with a k.” He has never really understood people who wrote Mark with a c but better safe than sorry. He looked up at Donghyuck’s face seeing a smirk playing on it, Mark’s knees going weak.

“Okay,” Donghyuck hurriedly scribbled Mark’s name before putting the cup to the side. “That will be $2.65. Will you be paying with card or cash?”

“Card.” Mark pulled out his credit card before punching in the code, he could feel the blush heating up his face as Donghyuck watched him. When he stood back up Donghyuck handed him the receipt before going to the side to make Mark’s drink.

A storm of butterflies flew around in his stomach as he watched Donghyuck smile the faintest of smiles as he made Mark his drink. He thought about seeing Donghyuck make him just normal coffee everyday in the morning when they woke up together. Mark shook the thought quickly however as a bright blush appeared on his cheeks and neck.

“Karc!” Mark looked up at Donghyuck with pure confusion in his eyes, he was however met with a smirking Donghyuck handing the drink to him.

“I hope it tastes good Karc,” he winked before going back to the cash register leaving a very confused Mark behind. After staring between Donghyuck and the drink in his hand Mark realised he had to run to make it in class on time.

Out of breath and sweat trickling down his back Mark finally sits down in his seat. Jeno and Renjun already in class, one thing was good, he was in class before Jaemin which meant he wasn't too late.

“Oh, look who decided to show up.” Renjun said as he reached for Mark’s cup.

“Sorry got caught up with a cute barista.” Jeno took the cup from Renjun as the older started coughing, Jeno hitting his back as he drank the iced coffee.

“Who? The small one?” Mark laughed as he took his drink back, saving some for Jaemin.

“No, I went to the one by my apartment and there was this really cute boy there…” Mark sighed before taking another sip of his drink.

“Do I hear something about cute boys?” Jaemin practically ran for Mark’s coffee, his hair messy and eye bags huge.

“Yeah, why does it look like you’ve seen a ghost?” Jeno immediately wrapped his hands around Jaemin, letting the youngest of the bunch relax against his chest.

“I watched Yuri on Ice all night…” Renjun rolled his eyes at his boyfriend before turning to back to Mark.

“Tell us about the cute boy,” Mark didn’t exactly know what to say about Donghyuck, he was beautiful he knew that, but he also knew that Renjun would never see anybody as beautiful as Jeno and Jaemin, so that was a lost cause. He also knew he was mischievous, based on his name on the cup and his wink when he gave it to Mark.

“He’s weird but absolutely the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen,” Jaemin stopped his fight over the cup with Jeno to look at Mark. The two had never really had an interest in Mark’s crushes as they were always older or one of their cousins.

“What’s his name?” Jeno won the fight over the cup and was about to throw it away before Mark took it out of his hands.

“Donghyuck… look what he did though, isn’t it adorable?” He gave the cup to Renjun who immediately read the name and let out a huge laugh, Jaemin followed and snickered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter