"The Sweetest"

Sweet Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Freshmen Year (February 2016)

 

"With a flick of this hand, your decisions are owned,

with the flick of this hand, you will do as you're told."

 

And as Jinyoung flicked his hand, he saw how the kind couple fall into the trance he has just created. I am sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Im, but I just really need to do this. He just ignored how his bestfriend tugged on his other hand. He already got this far, he should go on with this. 

"Abeonim, eomeonim..." He called for their attention. "Jaebum could go with me to Seoul National University, right? You will let him study there and live in a dorm with me, his bestfriend. You will do that, right?"

Jinyoung flicked his hand for the second time, snapping the elderly couple from the trance they were in. "W-well... of course! Yes, we will Jinyoung-ah. We will let Jaebum go to Seoul University with you."

Smiling from ear to ear, Jinyoung bowed. "Thank you, abeonim. Thank you eomeonim."

 

It was when the two of them were walking upstairs to where Jaebum's room is, to pack his things, when Jaebum smacked his arm. 

"What on earth did you just do, Jinyoung?"

Holding on his injured arm, Jinyoung gave his bestfriend the most innocent look he could give. "I just convinced your parents to let you go to the university with me. This is what we have planned even before we started high school, isn't it?"

"Convinced, my ." Jaebum scowled as he closed the door behind them. Jinyoung just walked until he reached his best friend's bed and sat on it. "Why do you have to put a spell on my parents?"

 

Well okay, he's guilty as charged. There's no point in lying, Jaebum knows the truth anyway. It is true, he just casted a spell on Jaebum's parents. He did, because he could. He could, because he is a wizard. Read that again, if you're having a hard time digesting it. As crazy as it sounds, well it's real.

Jinyoung came from a family of wizards. He's the twenty second heir of their entire family. Not all of them are given the privilege of having such powers. In every generation, the powers along with the spell book is passed on to one offspring. It's not the child's choice, or his parents'. It's the spell book's. Whoever among the siblings will be able to unlock the spell book will be its owner. It's creepy, if you'll ask Jinyoung, considering he was only ten when he unlocked the spell book himself. Since then, he has been using and enhancing his powers. He might not be the best wizard there is, but he knows he's doing a good job and he still has a lot of time to improve his skills.

 

Grabbing on the duffle bag which was under the older's bed, Jinyoung gave him a bored look. "We both know that your parents wouldn't say yes, if I didn't do what I just did a while ago." This made Jaebum silent. "Now do you want to go to Seoul University with me and finally do what you really want in life, or not?"

"Well, I... I..." He heard as his bestfriend sighed defeatedly. "I do."

Smiling, Jinyoung opened the bag up. "So you better start packing your things. You could thank me later." Jaebum did what he just said while Jinyoung just made himself confortable because it'll probably take Jaebum a full thirty minutes to finish packinghis things.

"And besides, I already got our application forms approved. We can't just let our scholarship grants go to waste, can we?"

 

**********

 

So this is it. Finally. They made it to their dream university. Ever since sixth grade, when they both dreamt on becoming engineers, they swore they'll get in Seoul University, the country's most prestigious university.

 

"So where are we supposed to go now?" Jaebum asked while holding out the admission form they just received. They're now enrolled and officially students of the university. This is exciting.

 

"Well, we should go and find our-"

Jinyoung wasn't able to finish what he was about to say when he was almost ran over by some careless dude on a bike. Things could've ended badly if not for this man with a red hoodie. The said guy managed to get a hold of his sleeve and pull him back right before the bike had the chance to hit him. 

"YAH!" The guy shouted, but the culprit is already running away, not giving a single about the fact that he almost knocked someone over. "Watch out where you're going next time!" He shouted once more but Jinyoung doubts the dude heard him.

"That guy was a prick." He heard Jaebum said beside him while checking if he's just fine. "You alright, Jinyoung?"

"I think I am." He replied while tidying his shirt, which the hoodie guy just grabbed on, not that he's mad of course. He's even thankful for him because he just saved his back there, didn't he? "Thank you for that." 

He can't help but notice the light brown fringe which are escaping from his hoodie. The guy smiled at him before nodding. "That's nothing." Jinyoung's stare lingered on the smile forming on those thin lips.

But of course his bestfriend has a thing with timings. "We better get going now, Jinyoung. Come on!" Tugging on his arm, Jaebum pulled him away from the guy almost too impolitely and dragged him across the halls. He really wanted to shout at Jaebum right now for rudely interrupting, he didn't even got the proper chance to say thank you to his savior. Gosh, when did he become this mushy? 

 

A few runs later, they were able to find their designated rooms. They're in one building but, on different floors. His is above Jaebum's. After his bestfriend reached his room, Jinyoung also made his way to his: Room 09.

He opened the door with his key, and upon entering he saw the familiar red hoodie again. It's the guy from earlier. Now why is he. . . . . . is he getting the right idea about this?

"Nice to see you again, Jinyoung." Now he's sure his eyes are huge. How did he- "I heard it from your friend, a while ago." Oh, okay. That figures. "By the way, I am Mark." His mind repeated the name. "And I'll be your room mate for the rest of your stay here."

 

 

**********

 

Junior Year (July 2018)

 

"Did you use your magic in order to perfect the exam?" 

Jinyoung just shushed Jaebum as he continued on reading the book he just borrowed. They're in the library and his bestfriend is clearly not over him perfecting the day's exam yet. He is used to Jaebum being like this. Actually, he has a reason to. It's because whenever things are getting hard for him, Jinyoung tends to use his powers to ease his burden. But it all fairness, most of the times, Jaebum also benefits from his sorcery too. 

 

"You know, if you only use your magic to make Mark fall for you, it'll be great." This time, he smacked Jaebum's head just to silence him. 

 

It is true that he likes Mark. A LOT. He tried to deny it, but he was too careless that one time, Jaebum saw, on his phone, tons of Mark's stolen pictures. He might've seemed like a creepy stalker there, but he just can't resist it whenever Mark is not paying attention, he takes a photo of him. Especially when he's sleeping. Sorry, but he could not help it.

Since then, Jaebum didn't let him live. He's just thankful that now, Jaebum is preoccupied with his boyfriend, Jackson, who happens to be Mark's bestfriend. Which is also how he managed to become the matchmaker for the two. They've been together for a year now, and Jaebum is thankful for him but that didn't stopped the teasing completely as he hoped it would. There are still times when Jaebum would pressure him on making a move on Mark.

 

"What? I am just saying." his bestfriend said in defense, probably after seeing the way he glared at the older. "Maybe you could make a potion or something, which when he drink, will make him fall head over heels for you."

 

 

The idea was ridiculous. That's needless to say.

Now, as to why he considered that crazy idea, Jinyoung is not sure.

 

"Just a chaste sip is all this potion will need

so that to me and only me you will heed

with just a small drip of this on your lips,

you will never feel a kind of love deeper than this."

 

Pouring the red liquid to a small bottle, Jinyoung covered it with a cap. He really made it, a potion that will make Mark fall in love with him. How he long dreamt for this to happen. It was so close to happening, all there is left to do is have Mark drink it.

 

But that didn't happen. It's because he can't. He cannot do it. He's not one to force Mark into loving him. He could wait.

 

So he did. 

Everything is normal. And normal means Mark being kind to him, and the best room mate there is, only making him fall even further. It also includes Jaebum pressuring him into confessing. The only one who is not bothering him is Jackson, because the guy is obvioulsy busy on being a good boyfriend to his jerky bestfriend.

Everything was normal.

Not until that one night.

 

 

It's past 7 in the evening and he just reached the dorm, only to see Mark all wrapped up on a blanket while curling like a ball on his bed, almost shivering. When he checked, that's when he found out that the guy has high fever. Mark explained that he and Jackson was caught in the rain while heading back from the soccer training. Jinyoung then hurriedly went to the kitchen where the medicine kit is and got a bottle which seems to contain some antibiotic and made Mark drink it. After a couple of minutes, Mark fell asleep.

 

Next morning, Jinyoung woke up, rubbing his eyes in the process. But it took him in surprise when he saw how Mark was staring intently at him. His face was a bit too close, to be honest, that it made his heart jump. Now, it wouldn't just calm down.

"Hey." Mark greeted him all to softly. 

Sitting up, he checked to see if his breath smells before speaking. "H-hey... are you feeling okay now?"

"After you took care of me so well, last night?" His canine teeth are showing as he smiles. "Of course I feel okay now. Never better."

 

Mark has always been a happy type of guy, especially around him and his friends. But there's something different in his smile, Jinyoung just can't put hin finger on it. 

"Come on, I already cooked breakfast. Let's go and eat together."

It is also not the first time that they ate breakfast together, given that they are room mates for two years now. But, all through out breakfast, Mark kept on stealing glances at him. It's weird. . . . . a good kind of weird, but, still weird. Wasn't it his job to stare at Mark every chance that he gets? Why is Mark suddenly doing the same thing?

 

His question was answered, that evening, when Mark waited for him outside the room of his last class. 

"I've been meaning to ask you this since this morning but I only had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter