Soulmates 1

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where-"

"Hello there~"

"Eh?" She looked around and all she can see is a white blank room surrounding her.

"Here." The voice called.

When she looked to her right a girl wearing a black suit and tie was sitting on a white block ten feets high while waving at her with a smile.

"Hi!" She exclaimed before jumping off the enormous block right in front of her. She then extended her hand to her. "My name is Jeongyeon and I'm the Grim Reaper who is assigned to you."

"Huh? I don't understand." 

"Okay, first of all your name is Chou Tzuyu." Said the Grim Reaper. "And you are in the second dimension."

Tzuyu shook her head as she tries to understand what is happening.

"Obviously, you're confused." The latter said. "You're here because-" She snapped her fingers and they are now in a hospital room. "You're in a coma after an accident."

Tzuyu's eyes went wide after seeing herself in a devastating state. Some parts of her physical body is covered in bandages, from head to foot while an oxygen tube is on . She covered as tears gushed out. Memories automatically flooded her mind as she remembers what really happened.

"What happened? I mean, I don't understand." She whispered, a nurse came in to check her IV and took down some notes. A woman was sitting beside the bed with sad eyes, more of like puffy eyes.

"That's your mom," said Jeongyeon. "Shall I start explaining?" She added a smile. Tzuyu didn't respond due to shock seeing herself in that kind of state.

Tzuyu was then pulled away from the room to the corridor passing through the wall. She didn't know if she can even take another surprise at the moment.

"Take a seat." Jeongyeon offered her the bench behind her. "Don't worry, souls can physically touch things as well like how humans do, but not every thing, only to certain things."

Tzuyu sat slowly and waited, but still confused of what was happening.

"I think you remember what happened to you now. Am I right?" The latter smirked making Tzuyu shot another furrowed brows at her. "Of course, I knew. I'm the grim reaper. I knew everything. Well, okay- not literally everything. I don't know what God is planning though." She chuckled. "Anyways, as what you remembered, you got into an accident after running away from your own wedding. You directly jumped off the streets without looking. Tsk. Tsk."

Tzuyu looked down on her clenched fist.

"Well, I can't blame you. I mean," she shrugged. "For a proposal meeting for the first time with the family of your soon-to-be fiancée and then declared a sudden wedding on that hour-that's pretty harsh. It must have taken a lot of your will to face the other family. And yes, I know because I was following you." Jeongyeon cleared . "We, Grim Reapers, are assigned to a person a day before he/she got into an accident, or in any case that involves souls to part from their physical bodies at the time of coma. Of course, it was already predicted, and no, we cannot stop it from happening. It's how the world goes."

The Grim Reaper answered every thoughts that is playing inside her confused mind. She can't even believe she was even here in the first place. She just looked at the latter.

"I know. You must be wondering why I looked normal, not some sort of a skeleton-face in a baggy trench hooded coat with a scythe. Haha! I read some human books about us, Grim Reapers. It's really funny! Haha!" She slapped her thighs before her laughter died in a few seconds. "Your stay in the second dimension depends on how long you can last, not your physical body, but rather you as a soul. Souls that depart from their physical bodies lasted only for three years. After that, the souls then be taken to the third dimension, or as what human's called it the 'purgatory'. Where souls wait for their final judgment-Heaven, or hell."

Tzuyu understood every detail even in her confused state. She tried her best to keep her composure. "Uhm-"

"Yes! You can still go back to your body, of course!" The Reaper grinned cheekily.

Tzuyu find it a bit annoying. Her thoughts and words always got cut off since the girl can hear what she was thinking.

"I know. Sorry about that." The girl scratched the back of her neck making her sighed.

"So, how do I get back?" Tzuyu sighed. She knew that the latter already knew what she was going to ask, but just held back.

"A kiss."

Tzuyu automatically shot her head up and looked at the Reaper who seemed to have said something out of normalcy. 

"What?"

The Reaper shove her hands inside her trouser's pockets and shrugged. "A kiss. Yeah- I know. Fairytale blah blah~" She shrugged again. "But that's how a person in a coma wakes up."

"You mean-"

"No," she cut her off again. "Not your physical body, but you as a soul."

Tzuyu had hang.

"I know, right?" Jeongyeon chuckled. "There are many souls around here." She then glanced from left to right indicating some souls passing by. "You will know that he/she is a soul if he/she had that black choker around his/her neck-just like yours."

Tzuyu directly caressed her neck and indeed, the choker is there.

"So, if you get to kiss someone then you'll be able to get back to your body and waken up." Jeongyeon smiled. "Though it's not just a normal kiss. It must be out of love." 

Tzuyu's brows furrowed again.

"Cliche~ I know. Fairytales do have some point at times." The latter chuckled. "Though once you fell in love, and you get to kiss and waken up, both of you will forget everything. And I mean, everything in the second dimension-even your relationship with the other soul."

Tzuyu leaned back and rubbed her temple. Is this even serious?

"This is really serious. That's how it works." Jeongyeon shrugged again. "Well, every soul here also had gone the same orientation as you, so they also know how. The final decision is still up to you. Kiss, or not to kiss? That is the question." She took a step back while pulling a smartphone out of her under side of her chest pocket making Tzuyu baffled. "I explained everything, so I'll see you either after three years, or never again." She smirked. "Well, you're under my notification tab in my phone so, it's like an update. Yeah- we also use technologies. What? Humans only knew how? We also upgraded and used technologies to get updates from the souls we are assigned. Well, I got to go! I've got an incoming soul in forty-eight hours! I'll see you if I'll see you! Ciao~"

The Reaper disappeared in one blink making Tzuyu sighed. "That Grim Reaper sure is annoying and talks a lot." She then stands and walked towards the window of her room. She sighed after seeing her mom wiping away some tears off her eyes. "It's not like I can do anything in my state." She shrugged.

Tzuyu started roaming around the hospital. She felt like she wasn't even a soul since she can touch things, like pushing the door open. Maybe that's why hospitals are creepy. Seeing doors opening and closing by themselves. When she turned to another corner, she heard a girl squealed and automatically hid herself behind the corner and started to eavesdrop accidentally.

"Are you stupid?!" The girl exclaimed. "Why did you kiss me?!"

Seconds later, Tzuyu heard the latter sobbed.

"I-I'm sorry! I wasn't able to control myself! I'm really sorry!" The guy pleaded.

"I don't want to wake up! I don't want to forget you!" She cried harder.

Tzuyu, on the other hand, swallowed. 'This is hard.'

Suddenly nurses came running from different rooms hysterically.

"Patient room no. 206 is now awake! Get me Doctor Kang!" The nurse exclaimed to another colleague.

Seconds later, another nurse ran outside another room. "Patient room no. 201 had woken up! Call Doctor Xiao please!" The nurse said while hurriedly getting some things in the nurse's station.

Tzuyu walked towards the first mentioned room and found the girl who she took a glimpse earlier before hiding in the corner. She then noticed that the awaken girl can only remember about her family. She assumed that the woman who was now hugging the girl in happiness is her mother. Her feet then took her to the other room and saw a guy who groggily sits. She assumed this must be the girl's lover, but now they don't remember each other anymore.

'This is just cruel.' She thought as she walked away from the room and continued exploring the wide vicinity of the hospital. 'Just thinking about it makes me sad and disappointed.'

True. You already have found the person you love, yet you can't have him at the same time. They only have three years to be together—if kissing was avoided—and be sent to the third dimension after. They still will not be together.

Tzuyu sighed and rubbed her temple. When she turned to another corner, she bumped onto someone making the person fall backwards, but she was quick enough to catch the person by the waist. Her eyes went wide mirroring the other.

The girl gripped onto Tzuyu's vest while staring back. Tzuyu then noticed a black choker around her neck. Of course, she's a soul. She can't physically touch a human in her state right now.

When Tzuyu's wits was back, she pulled the girl to help her stand properly.

"S-Sorry!" Tzuyu bowed. "Are you okay?" ...This is so cliche.

The girl looked down and smoothen her fitting blue polka-dot dress which is already smooth enough. "I-I'm fine." She gave a quick bow. Tucking some hair behind her left ear while looking at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu's heart exploded. The girl was too beautiful and cute at the same time. 'Oh , no. Bad time.' She thought. 

"Uhm- thank you for saving me." The girl gave a cute grin adding another bomb to Tzuyu's wrecked heart. "I wasn't looking where I was going, I'm sorry for that." She bowed again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter