Lovestruck

Lovestruck

 

 

[Friday, 1:00 p.m. Table Nº 3, dining area at College garden]

Two young men are occupied doing an important paper on a laptop. Soon, the place will be full of students having lunch so they are hurrying up to take their lunches themselves. A bunch of students appears and goes into this part of the garden and a particularly lively group takes a seat at the table near the cherry tree.

“We’ve almost done, just the finishing touches and a general review and we’ve ended.”

The quietness of the place is interrupted for the sound of laughing upon a silly thing from the said table.

"Have you ever noticed how he tends to cover his mouth with the back of his hand when he’s laughing? It’s so cute…”

"Oh my gosh! Not again, please… We were working just so fine." Heechul is losing his patience. "I can't believe I'm the one stuck with you again Yunho, please. I don't think I regretted enough taking you to Changmin's party, better said, dragging you to his party" he adds annoyed.

"Don't name it! I don't like him."

"You used to say that he seemed really cool."

"That was until he realized that he and his beauty have something going on between them," Yoochun intervenes taking a seat beside them accompanied by his boyfriend both carrying their lunch trays, "shouldn't you be at your degree seminar?"

"We were, but Professor Kang had this brilliant idea to let us go to finish our essay in pairings 'enjoying the nature'," Heechul huffs, "we were doing it just fine but diva Kim made his appearance and Yunho's brain broke, as always."

"Diva Kim? Isn't it that you?" Junsu asks while cutting an apple with a pocket knife.

"Don't try your luck just because you are my cousin," Heechul glares at Yoochun's boyfriend. "I'll finish this by myself," he packs his belongings and stands up, "I let him in your care."

"Hey! My brain is not broken" Yunho whines after a while.

"Heechul is not here anymore Yun, you were spacing out again" Yoochun says receiving a slice of apple in his mouth. "I can't believe that you haven't noticed him until now,” he signals to the mentioned guy aka 'diva Kim' sited a few tables away surrounded by a bunch of people. “Where were you living, under a rock?"

"Kind of, don't forget that I had to work and I was going from home to college, from college to work, from work to home... we are at different courses so... of course I heard about him but still... I was stupid and don’t pay enough attention."

"Then you should try to talk to him, you know? Telling him something like 'Hey gorgeous! I like you, go out with me. You'll have fun'"

"Seriously?" Yunho rolls his eyes "That worked with Junsu?"

Junsu laughs. "Just let's say that his sense of humor gives him points."

Yunho watches them feeding each other for some time smiling like fools and even talking each other endearingly with their sugary baby talk.

"Oh, come on! It's absolutely necessary to act all lovey dovey in front of me?"

"It's not our fault that you're living a loveless life, is it?"

"Why it has to be me the witness of your love life displaying, eh?" Yunho asks irritated.

"Because all of our friends are tired of your love sickness and we... we have a break until three in the afternoon." Yoochun answers him shrugging and pecks his boyfriend's lips.

"You should try at least. Why you are so sure that he's going out with Min, anyway." Junsu says.

"He was embracing him at that damn party and before you say something, that hug wasn't quite friendly," Yunho sighs and frowns upon the memory of the tall guy holding possessively the big eyed guy responsible of his sleepless nights. "Besides what is that of 'Min'? I didn't know you were his friend. Did you know that, Chun?... that your boyfriend Su and 'Min' are friends?" Yunho asks pointedly.

"I didn't. Since when?"

Junsu rolls his eyes, "how it comes that you will let Yunho get into your head," he taps the other's forehead with a finger, "don't lose the focus, babe."

"You both can pick on me all you want but Su and Min are friends and considering how much of a touchy guy he is, I can imagine him holding Junsu as well,” Yunho grins for the slightest awkwardness he could cause to the couple before getting up ready to leave.

"Hey! I saw Heechul fuming while leaving… your eternal discourse about how amazing Kim Jaejoong is, pissed Chul off again?” Seungho sits next to Yunho with his lunch.

“At least, you admit that he’s amazing.”

“Definitely, but or you do something about your more than obvious crush on him or you move on, right guys?” Seungho says but Yoochun is making Junsu giggle whispering who knows what at his ear.

“Oh my…! I’m leaving! I leave you with YooSu. Sorry Seungho, deal with their corniness.” Yunho leaves not without glaring a last time at Shim Changmin’s direction.

“You’re not planning keep acting all mushy-cheesy, right?”

“No, it’s not funny if Yunho isn’t around, his sour envious expression is priceless.” Junsu chuckles, “I won’t lie, we act all mushy-blushy from time to time but otherwise we’re a pretty normal-no-corny couple.”

“Glad to hear that.” Seungho takes his cellphone out looking for something.

They are almost finishing with their food by the time six people more join them. They are all talking about the 'trend topic' of these days among their group of friends, Jung Yunho's crush on Kim Jaejoong.

"Have you seen him the other day? He almost break his nose crushing with the central post of the Block 5 and all because at that precise moment KJJ made his appearance. If it wasn't for Kangin, right now Yunho would be using a bandage on that little enamored face of him..." Donghae tells gesturing amused.

"Yesterday at library it was my turn to listening to his 'one thousand ways to erase Shim Changmin from the map'," Joon says munching his cupcake, "on his favor I must to say that he's becoming more and more creative every time."

"I thought that now that he doesn't have to work anymore -at least for now- we could all hang out like before but his level of infatuation is impossible to manage." Eunhyuk steals a cookie from Junsu's tray. "By the way, where is Siwon?"

"Having lunch with Shin and Sungmin's group... you know why."

Little by little the table is left almost totally empty as many of its occupants return to their respective classes leaving behind just to four of them.

“Do you think that Kim Jaejoong really has something with Shim Changmin?” Seungho asks to the couple that are still sitting with them.

“Well, truth is that I’ve never seen anything beyond friendly between them but I don’t know what Yunho exactly saw at the party that he’s totally sure they are not only friends.” Yoochun says, “the only sure thing is our guy's sulking is maddening so I-”

“Excuse me,” they are interrupted for a tall guy that approached them without them noticing it, “I don’t know if you do know me but I think that we have an issue to talk about before all of us go crazy or more crazy I should to say because I'm beginning to doubt of my sanity.”

-----------

[Friday, 1:05 p.m. Table Nº 10 near the cherry tree, dining area at College garden]

"It's almost finished," Changmin stretches his arms, "just a few months more and college is over."

"I don't understand what went wrong," Jaejoong is moping again, "I mean, the party was the perfect occasion, everything was going smoothly. We were chatting and dancing and laughing -his smile is so dazzling- and then the whole thing went right straight to hell.”

“I don’t get it either,” Changmin says, “I thought that at this moment, I’d be free from your eternal love obsession but we're still here..."

"How mean! That's not supposed a best friend has to act like."

"Sorry, I didn't receive the manual," he sighs, "ok, let's do this once again. Tell me when it went wrong."

"I told you, I don't know... the last thing I can recall is that he went to get us drinks while I went to your room to look for you -I don't know what took you so long- then I came back to the party with you, I tripped at your stupid ugly rug-"

"Hey! I caught you... I avoid your fall in front of everyone. Don't insult my rug!"

Jaejoong laughs covering his mouth, "but it's ugly Min, you can denied it."

"Whatever... do you think he saw you? Tripping, I mean. Maybe he doesn't want to have anything to do with someone so clumsy," Changmin smirks, "you'll see, he's a martial arts expert, captain of soccer team, vice-president of the student's council and the ace of lacrosse team among many other things -I don't know how he has the time-. In the other side, you can blame all you want to my rug but we both know that there wasn't anything else around you than thin air... as always." It's the taller one turn to laugh of his friend.

Soon the table is full of people back with their respective trays of lunch. As always, someone is already handing Jaejoong his tray, the benefits of being the one and only Kim Jaejoong.

"Here" Kibum says putting a tray in front of Changmin "and today is the last time I have to do this. Stupid bet!"

"Don't be a bad loser Kibum," Changmin mocks, "your friend here is on a terrible love crisis and you are complaining about having to bring my food every day like it was torture. You're hurting my feelings."

"Oh, bite me!"

"Watch your manners, Kibum."

"Let him alone Min, it's enough having to buy you food every day," Siwon sits beside them, "Shindong didn't get on time to buy the steak again."

"Is that so?" Jaejoong looks at him "Shin! Come, have half of mine."

Shindong approaches them happily "thank you, Jae."

When all of them are enjoying their food, a cellphone begins to ring insistently.

"Isn't that your ringtone Siwon?" Han Geng asks.

"Of course it's his ringtone but he's ignoring it on purpose."

"We both know who is calling Shin. I'm not answering again."

"Who is it? A psycho ex-girlfriend ready to kill you if you don't go back with her?"

"At this point, I don't know anymore if that would be better than this," Siwon says sighing, "Jaejoong you owe me an explanation at least."

"Me? About what?" Jaejoong asks innocently.

"The reason why I had to convince Heechul to go to Changmin's party with one of our best friends, because he was the only one persuasive enough... He's driving me insane and that's partly your fault," Siwon answers, "so, I'm waiting. Spill it."

"I don't know what you are talking about," Jaejoong feels the heat on his face.

"Of course you know. So I'm waiting and make sure I find your answer convincing."

"Do you mean, that you really don't know about Jae being head over heels for that certain Jung?" Sungmin asks.

"What?! No!" Jaejoong shouts "how do you know, I mean... it was Changmin, right? You traitorous creature!" he looks menacingly at his friend.

"Of course I didn't say anything!" Changmin replies "but our friends are not blind nor stupid like not noticing everything," he takes a pause to look around and everyone nod except Siwon.

"All of you know?" Jaejoong asks blushing furiously before the knowing stares of his friends. "How..."

"Well, you're not that obvious but, you know, it has been three years " Yesung says, "all of us had the opportunity to notice it."

"Especially because you do 'that thing' when he's around" Geng says while eating his pie.

"Yea, you’re right. He does that on the ninety percent of times."

"What thing... what do I do?"

"You know... you act all shy and giggly and you look at him and smile that smile of 'oh, he's so cool'..."

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe I act like that... this is so embarrassing..."

"But don't worry, only we know about your no-so-secret crush." Sungmin ads, “As you can see, Siwon didn’t know about it. And of course the main interested one doesn’t have the slightest suspicion about it.”

“He doesn’t know?” Jaejoong asks still embarrassed.

“He couldn’t know… let’s say that he’s ‘a little clueless’ about certain life issues.” Shindong says and everyone laugh.

“I don’t get it. Why you just don’t confess?” Siwon asks to Jaejoong.

“Why? Because I’m Kim Jaejoong.” Jae says with a expression very near to be offended and Siwon looks around for a hint of what’s the mean of that.

“Right, Siwon. He said it, he’s Kim Jaejoong,” Kibum tells him, “you can’t ask to Jaejoong do something like that. Basic general knowledge.” All the table seem to agree with the statement.

”Ok…” Siwon says doubtful because maybe he doesn’t say it but even when he might look pretty dumb to all of them he really doesn’t get it, after all, he the same as Yunho but for other reasons, has been really busy the previous years of college and he's still learning how this 'social college thing' works.

After some moments more, almost all the group return to their respective classes leaving only Jaejoong and Changmin that have a break until three in the afternoon and Siwon who refuses to move until know all the story.

“Ok, I’m waiting.”

“It’s not a big deal... you'll see."

"Not a big deal? It has been three years Jae, of course it's a huge deal," Changmin says exasperated. "Tell him your story, Heechul could murder him from one moment to another." Siwon looks at him horrified but deep inside he agrees with him.

"Ok, I like him. I've been trying to approach him but I couldn't succeed. It's like all the universe's forces are conspiring against me..."

"You have liked him for three years? That's a long time," Siwon realizes that it means practically all their college life, "How it began?"

"Well... remember when Professor Yoon arrived? Everyone pulled pranks on him all the time, he was at the verge of crying one time on a windy day when someone 'fixed' his suitcase and that opened at the entrance with all his papers flying everywhere and everybody knew that it was too much... Yunho appeared from who knows where to help him with that look of 'don't mess up with professor again' that all silently agreed. That was the first time I noticed him."

"I wasn't here that day... poor professor Yoon."

"And with the old lady from the next building. He offered to walk her dog when she broke her hip. And with his mom, the reason why he was working so hard was to help his father to pay for his mother treatment -so glad that she's totally recovered- and his sister's studies, and... I could go on and on... he's gentle from the soul."

"Wow, you're so into him," Siwon says smiling, "I thought you would tell me about his looks."

"Of course he's hot and handsome as hell and when he smiles there's not a-..."

"Please don't sing Bruno Mars again, Jae" Changmin interrupts him rolling his eyes, "I'm still trying to recover from the embarrassment of the amusing park..."

Jaejoong glares to his best friend "I wasn't going to sing idiot!" He looks to Siwon softening his gaze. "He has 'that', you know. This aura that makes people follow his lead... he's so, you know..."

"He doesn't know, Jae... if he saw what you see, maybe he could be your love rival considering how much time they spend together," Changmin says enjoying the dumbfounded expression on the other's faces.

"I have to say that that would be like being with a brother, I mean... ew..." Siwon says shuddering, "I assume it's the same for you two, right? Some time ago I believed that you two were a couple."

"Oh no... there's no way, like you said, that would be like being with a relative..." Jaejoong says being the one shuddering this time.

"Besides," Changmin says looking at them, "no offense but I prefer a cute girl instead of a y diva so..."

"How mean!" Jaejoong kicks his friend's shinbone making him whimper in pain, "maybe you're needing me to kick your to remember that you have to watch your manners."

"Whatever," Changmin says amused because his friend reminds him of a huffing kitten. "By the way, where did he go, he was with Su and his boyfriend some time ago"

"Where? Oh God, I can't believe I didn't notice it and I'm looking like this," Jaejoong combs his hair with his fingers, "why you didn't tell me!"

"He's no longer here JJ," Changmin signals towards table number three, "It's not my fault if your 'Yunho radar' doesn't work anymore."

"What was he doing? He looked this way?"

"Don't lose your cool my friend. Remember that you're Kim Jaejoong and you have a reputation to maintain," Changmin says him winking, "he was glancing right here very interested."

"What kind of glance?"

"I think he likes big eyes, fair skin and cute demeanor. Don't you think Siwon?" Changmin asks and Siwon nods in understanding.

"He was looking at Sungmin?" Jaejoong inquiries sadly.

"Sungmin? How in hell..." Changmin bangs his head on the table exasperated. "Tell me once again please, how it comes that we are friends?" He stands up with his things, "for my own sanity, I need to deal with an important issue. See you later my friends."

Jaejoong watches his friend going to talk with Junsu and his friends looking around defeated. "Do you think I am that helpless, Siwon? I mean I'm hella gorgeous and pretty notorious but I don't think he knew about me until Changmin's party. I'm not a bad guy. Do you think I'm bad?"

"Well my friend is... just let's say he's floating on a cloud the most of the time. I'll help you but first I need to be sure he's not just a whim for you."

"Really Siwon?... three years and you dare to think that I don't take him seriously? If you believe all those stupid rumours about me being an spoiled brat that envious ugly people spread, then you are an idiot. It's the price I have to pay for being this fabulous."

"And modest, don't forget your modesty" Siwon says chuckling. "I've never saw you at soccer practice. You'll come tomorrow for Saturday practice."

"Hmmm... I can't. I don't go because my face is like a magnet for sports balls. I have an image to protect. I don't want to let people hearing me squealing in a not so manly way."

"Don't worry. We'll be behind the fence so no danger intended."

"Ok... I'll come, but this have to be good like 'making out with Yunho at the end of the day' of good."

"I'll promise you, it'll be worthy." He stands up to go to his next class, "if we succeed, maybe we both win something important..."

"Are you still trying to go out with his sister?"

"You can't blame me. Maybe if he's happy, he'll let me be happy too."

"It's his sister the one you have to convince." Jaejoong rises from his seat too and looks around for Changmin.

"Well... I need to get rid off of her bodyguard aka brother first to have a chance." Siwon smiles waving at Jaejoong and parting to his class.

Jaejoong calls out for Changmin and soon, both of them enter their classroom along with Junsu and Yoochun.

"Tomorrow we'll be grooming puppies, Jae."

"Are you kidding? I don't know how to groom a pet."

"I know that and that's the reason why we'll only help with the baths. Right Junsu?"

"That's right, don't worry Jaejoong. It'll be funny."

----------

[Saturday 9:00 a.m. College Soccer Field]

"Do you think it's a good idea including them on the pets grooming? I mean, it would be awful if our friend's brain breaks again and he leaves a puppy totally bald." Joon asks to his friends while getting ready for the practice in the lockers room.

"What can I say... let's hope for the best. Talking of 'the king', where is Yunho?" Donghae asks to Kangin.

"He called, he isn't coming today. Let's begin."

All the team goes to the field. On Saturday all people is allowed to get in the college and usually the place is full with the team members' families and friends that fill the place with cheers and joy. Everybody notice the absence of the captain, especially one brown haired guy sulking and glaring to the dimpled young man next to him in intervals.

“I can’t believe I let you convince me to come and he isn’t even here. The sun is so strong that I’m sure I’ll end looking like a lobster when the practice finishes.” Jaejoong kicks on the sly Siwon’s ankle once again smirking in satisfaction when the other winces in pain.

“It’s not that bad. You complained about the sun and immediately seven umbrellas appeared in front of you. I don’t know where those people got the umbrellas from, but even I have one.” Siwon points out to the Snoopy umbrella Jaejoong is holding and the cute blue one he has. “Then you said you were thirsty and I think that they even bring you wine… how the hell they get to bring a wine bottle to the campus will remain a mystery for me forever.” He then points to the box of sushi on Jaejoong’s lap, “they even got you food and sushi above all! How they did in such a short period of time? I only have to say that I’m beginning to understand what all this ‘thing of being Kim Jaejoong’ works. And I like it!” he says the last thing flashing a bright smile to his annoyed friend.

“If I say what I really want, you think someone could bring him for me?” he glares to the other guy that is chuckling, “I could be reading stories for children at the library as always on Saturday but instead I’m here trying to keep my cool, every time a ball hits the fence in front of me.” He kicks the other again, “I hate you!”

----------

[Saturday, 11:30 a.m. Central Public Library]

“I should be the one mad with you! You still have to fix my laptop… Siwon said he would lend you the money but that doesn’t even answer his phone.” Heechul is dragging his friend out of the library, “It’s not funny having to work with my sister’s laptop with that awful butterfly on it.”

“Sorry for your laptop…” Yunho sighs deeply without any sign to wanting to make a further reply to his friend.

“Stop sulking. After all, you had fun with the kids. All of them adored you… most of them, were nice, I felt like strangling a couple of them but you enjoyed it. Come on!” Heechul says to Yunho patting his back with extra force.

"That’s true but I wanted to go to the practice and you made me come here in hopes of finding Jaejoong without the presence of the Shim guy and he didn’t come. You said that he never misses a ‘Reading Saturday’ but he wasn’t here."

"It’s not my fault that he decided not to come today. Everything would be easier if you didn’t left the party so suddenly. I’m telling you that they don’t have anything going on between them.”

“My teammates must be angry with me, I'm always nagging about the importance of not missing any practice.”

"Serves you well. You're to rigid sometimes and don't pay enough attention to what is going on around you."

"Let's get something to eat. I don't wanna miss the grooming too."

"We'll be luckier on Monday, you'll see."

----------

[Saturday, 3:00 p.m., College backyard]

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, I know that I complain of my friend's thick skull va lot but I really appreciate him in one piece." Changmin says worried while watching to the dog Yoochun is holding.

"It's perfect. This furry friend will help us just fine, besides it has a muzzle on..."

"Ok... but if something happens to Jaejoong I'll make sure you regret it" Changmin adds with a serious tone.

They go to Jaejoong's encounter. Said guy has his hair collected in a bun and is seated on the ground patting a cute poodle.

"Here is your next client, Jaejoong." Yoochun tells him and directs the big black-and-white furred dog next to him and takes the poodle with him. "It likes when you scratch behind its ears. Have fun." And he disappear leaving Changmin in front of his dumbfounded friend.

"You are kidding right? We can't bathing this dog just like that. It's too big!"

"Well... You're right with something because you will be bathing it alone. I have a beautiful girl waiting for me to give it a bath," Changmin points to a cocker spaniel with a pink ribbon.

"Why you have her and I-" he looks at Ryeowook who is already bathing a puppy. "Wook has a rat and I have an oversized husky instead?!"

"Don't scream, Jae. Watch your manners," Changmin smirks, "Ryeowook has a Chihuahua because he got here on time and you arrived late so you have this friend." He leaves his friend but still watches him from afar.

Jaejoong sighs deeply and prepares the bath for the dog and removes the collar and the belt leaving only the muzzle because it doesn't matter how gentle the dog's eyes are, he won't risk a bite on the face. "'TINY TIGER'" he reads aloud the dog tag while introducing the dog to the water using a little plate to help himself to soak up the animal that waits patiently to be totally wet to shake all his body soaking Jaejoong as well. "Tiny Tiger... you don't have any of tiny, your owner must be blind! Just for that, no scratching behind the ears." Jaejoong yells to the dog in hopes Tiny Tiger stays still because he knows people are watching him and he's already totally embarrassed but the inner thoughts of how make to pay to Changmin and Yoochun lifts his mood a lot.

"Tiny Tiger, it's because its owner is a Crash Bandicoot fanatic," someone says approaching to Jaejoong and the dog, "besides, 'TT' doesn't like the muzzle."

Jaejoong turns around to be greeted to the vision of none other than Jung Yunho coming to him with that dazzling smile that makes his knees weak.

"It's the first time I see a husky this huge... I'm not sure if it's safe to remove the muzzle," he says trying to fix his messy hair regretting the bun because maybe, just maybe he doesn't look that well.

"It's not a husky," Yunho says "It's a malamute, this one is a little bigger than the average but it's like an enormous teddy bear," he smiles that damn smile again and Jaejoong automatically tries to undo the bun on his head.

"Don't! I like it, I mean- it's useful- so you don't get your hair wet," Yunho stutters.

"Ok..." Jaejoong kneels with the dog wishing the other didn't notice the red of his cheeks.

Yunho removes the muzzle of the dog and caresses the head scratching behind its ears, "You can't scare my Jae- I mean, my friend again," he tells him feeling the heat of his face up to his ears.

They end bathing the dog and chatting casually enjoying the mutual company. They dry and brush the dog's hair laughing and joking about the tiniest things. Jaejoong cames to know that Tiny Tiger is the puppy of that old lady who broke her hip a couple of years ago and that Yunho stills gives it a walk once in a while and that he didn't come to the soccer practice because he felt like reading to children at the Central Public Library. When they finish grooming the malamute, they realize they're the last ones. As Yunho has to return the dog with its owner, they change clothes and go together missing at all the knowing looks that their friends exchange between them, because somehow all Yunho's as well as Jaejoong's friends ended grooming pets and watching over the two of them like a group of parents proud of his children growing up.

After leaving Tiny Tiger with its lovely owner that insisted in filling them with cookies and hot chocolate while winking continuously to Yunho who did his best not to become a tomato questioning himself how much of a good idea was to tell her about his crush on the big eyed beauty, they arrive to the bus stop where Jaejoong will be pick up for his father's car.

"You left me waiting for my drink," Jaejoong says and Yunho looks at him with a curious expression, "at the party, you left and didn't even say goodbye."

"I'm... sorry. I told Kangin to tell you I had something to do," Yunho says but he can't help feeling a little sad remembering the hug between Jaejoong and Changmin.

"You should come tomorrow... another party… to making up for that. A pool party at 7 p.m." Jaejoong says suddenly watching his dad's car getting closer. "You know... barbecue, beers... swimming pool. Tomorrow will be great, you know... a hot night..."

"How can you be so sure?" Yunho questions amused.

"I have my sources..."

"Even with weather?" he flashes his smile again.

"With everything. I'm Kim Jaejoong," Jae says laughing together with Yunho.

The car stops by the front side and Jaejoong has to cross.

"Then see you tomorrow...” Yunho waves him goodbye “wait! Where?"

Jaejoong is already crossing and turns a while to shout "at Sungmin's... I'll be waiting.

----------

[Saturday, 10 p.m., Jaejoong's house]

Jaejoong begins a video chat group on Messenger with all the friends he can contact, to discuss final details regarding tomorrow's party.

"Where is your boyfriend now?" Changmin asks, "did he meet his in laws already?" All of them laugh in complicity.

"What boyfriend?"

"Do you mean that Tiny Tiger had to be groomed hearing your giggles and watching your flirting for nothing?!" Changmin *facepalms*, "you even left together! How did you miss this opportunity?!"

“I don’t know… but my heart was beating so hard every time he was close to me that I think Siwon is right and I don’t just ‘like’ him but I ‘love’ him,” Jaejoong says and hide his face behind his hands.

“Do you mean that, until now, you didn’t know that?!” Hyun Joong yells.

“Well I-”

“You are an idiot we know that,” Changmin cuts him, “You should confess already, the worst thing that could happen would be him saying you ‘no’.”

“I’ll try tomorrow at the party… that’s why I wanted to talk to all of you –you’ll pay tomorrow for insulting me Min-”

“What party?” Shindong asks him.

“The pool party at Sungmin’s place tomorrow night.”

“Were you going to throw a party without telling us?” everyone interrogates Sungmin that was yawning ready to sleep before all his sleepiness abandons him.

“It seems so, I guess.” Sungmin looks to all of them horrified because knowing Jaejoong, at this moment half of college know about it and want to party hard with Kim Jaejoong and he didn’t even asked for permission to his parents. “Are you crazy, Jae? How- I mean, where-”

“Don’t worry I have almost everything planned, that’s why I need my best friends in the world to give me a hand

Han Geng sighs “ok, Jae. What do we have to do?”

“Don’t forget the food!” Changmin shouts while Jaejoong is showing them a piece of paper where he wrote his entire plan. It definitely will be a long night for everyone.

----------

[Sunday, 7:40 p.m., Sungmin’s place]

“Could you stop? You’ll dig a hole on the floor!” an annoyed Changmin scolds his friend.

“What if he doesn’t come? I mean, I could choose Yesung’s or Leeteuk’s place but when I said ‘Sungmin’s’ he agreed to come… do you think he actually likes him?” Jaejoong asks nervousness taking the best of him.

“I can’t believe you are still with that…” Changmin pinches his nose bridge trying to calm down, “maybe he likes Sungmin or maybe your head is too hard…”

“It’s almost 8… I don’t think he’s coming” Jaejoong pouts sadly without paying any attention to his friend.

Changmin moves away a little from his friend to make a call. “Junsu! Where’s your friend. If he doesn’t appear here soon I don’t know what I’m going to do to him but I’m sure he won’t like it!”

“Stop with the yelling! We have our own problems!” Junsu shouts but lowers his voice to add “We’ll be entering the place soon but you will make us an enormous favor if you move away from your friend for a few.”

“Ok! I wanted to go grab something to eat anyway” Changmin hangs up shrugging leaving his sulking friend seated on a chair near the pool.

The place is packed with boys and girls hooking up and Jaejoong feels even more depressed.

---------

“Come on Yunho! Move! We’re already here and you aren’t going to go back just because you saw Jaejoong talking with his friend because that’s what they are… friends!” Yoochun is beginning to understand why Heechul wants to kill Yunho and Siwon because of Yunho.

“Would you like to see Junsu being embraced for someone else? I mean, didn’t you hate when Seungho used to hug him when we celebrated one of Junsu’s goals? Didn’t you think they have something between them by that time?” Yunho asks him, “weren’t you too afraid of ask Junsu if he has something with Seungho?... I’m just like that, I don’t wanna hear about Jaejoong being with the Shim guy… I can’t tell you how much I really like Kim Jaejoong…”

“But I can tell you that if you don’t get your in this party right now, I’ll make Siwon throw you up on his shoulder in front of everyone so you get in while I’ll be behind you saying ‘poor thing, our lovely captain got scared for an ant!’” Heechul tells Yunho menacingly.

“Yea! Whatever he said!” Siwon adds nodding in agreement afraid of Heechul glares and soon all of them enter the place and go search for some drinks.

----------

“Are you going to keep doing this?” Junsu nudges Yunho’s ribs. “Jaejoong has been trying to talk to you all night and you are still making that face of ‘sorry I’m deaf’” he sighs watching his boyfriend fighting for a burger with Changmin growling to each other, “it could be your last chance. You seriously think that if Changmin really was his boyfriend, Jae would let him flirt with all those girls?” Yoochun wins the fight and is howling to the moon. “Excuse me, I have to bring my boyfriend before he gets embarrass me even more. Last advice, don’t be stupid and go for it.”

Junsu leaves Yunho alone with his thoughts and he decides just go for it, besides, he still has that enormous ice cream bucket in case Kim Jaejoong tells him ‘no’ so he is covered for the next week of mopping and watching stupid romantic comedies. Junsu is right he thinks, there’s no way that the guy that is now snatching a plate from Siwon could be Jaejoong’s boyfriend because, “what kind of idiot could be with Kim Jaejoong-” he says aloud cutting himself seeing the big eyed beauty in front of him holding two drinks and that just turns around walking away “-and let him alone…” he ends without registering in all magnitude what just happened.

“Uhh… you’re in deep . Go, do something!” Heechul pushes him rather kicks him, waking him from his stupor.

“Jaejoong wait!” Yunho hurries to reach Jaejoong near the pool and gets to grab his arm just to be violently pushed away falling loudly to the pool.

“What did you do, Jaejoong?! Yunho doesn’t know how to swim!” Changmin yells to his friend, “He’s going to drown!”

Jaejoong looks at him shocked “and I didn’t even tell him that I love him,” he says before diving into the pool.

“What nonsense are you saying… of course Yunho knows how to swim. He even was in the College Swimming Team but had to quit due his work,” Yoochun tells Changmin.

“I know, and Jae knows it too, he just couldn’t remembered it at this moment,” Changmin says smirking, “but maybe the cold water can help them to be less stubborn, if that doesn't work either to make them less stupid, I don’t know what is next.”

“If this doesn’t work, I’ll hit their logheads with a rock for sure.” Heechul ads and they the same as all people around the pool –that are pretty much almost all the invites– have the opportunity to watch the couple emerging from the water while kissing desperately.

They let go from each other just when they get to hear the whistles and the cheers from their unexpected audience for a first kiss.

“… only an idiot could let you alone being your boyfriend,” Yunho says caressing the flushing cheek of the other that closes his eyes enjoying the gesture.

“You are not an idiot, right?”

“Not with this,” Yunho answers him and claims his lips again.

“Hey! Watch the PDA, there’re minors in here,” Changmin grabs Ryeowook by the shoulders.

“Actually, I think I’m older than you,” Ryeowook points to the taller guy.

“Ok, but still you have to restrain your PDA in my presence!” Changmin lets Wook go and goes look for towels.

Meanwhile into the pool, the couple looks each other lovingly, “I’m with the most perfect being I’ve ever seen.”

“That should be my line…”

“Shut up, Yunho. I’m Kim Jaejoong and everything around me is perfect, so you are.”

“And you’re perfect too… I’m so crazy in love with you, Jaejoong” Yunho tells him smiling and holding him by the waist with an arm.

“I love you too, Yunho… damn you’re so good at kissing.” They kiss again ignoring the nosy looks.

“Yunho, come on! Get out of there, you’ll catch a cold and I don’t want you whining because you can’t kiss your newly boyfriend.” Heechul says snorting and extends his hand to help them out of the pool.

----------

[Friday, 1:10 p.m. Table Nº 10 and Nº8 joined near the cherry tree, dining area at College garden]

“What about ‘boo’?”

“It could be… what about ‘bae’?”

Changmin puts his tray on the table, because Kibum won’t buy him lunch anymore and he had to hurry to get a plate of the ‘Friday Steak’. He sits next to Jaejoong, watching Yunho holding Jaejoong closer to him by his waist. “He hates people touching his waist, you know, Yunho?”

“It’s ok if he does it,” Jae says leaning on Yunho’s shoulder earning a kiss on top of his head.

“I’m not just any person, I’m his boyfriend,” Yunho says sharing an eskimo kiss with Jaejoong.

“Oh please… don’t you see I’m about to eat?” Changmin makes gagging noises, “I didn’t think you would be the sappy type.”

“I’m getting used to you stealing my food,” Yunho moves his tray a bit far from Changmin’s reach, “you have to get used to my sappiness.”

“Whatever.” Changmin rolls his eyes, “what were you doing?”

“Choosing pet names” Jaejoong replies him.

“Ugh… while you don’t end being something like ‘baby kitten’ and ‘puppy my love’… everything will be fine.”

“Of course they won’t,” Yoochun says placing his tray next to Changmin’s “those are already taken, right ‘Puppy my love’?” he winks to Junsu who sits next to him.

“That’s right my dear ‘baby kitten’” Junsu grins to his boyfriend pecking his lips, teasing Changmin is almost as funny as it was teasing Yunho before.

“How it comes that I ended trapped between you four?” Changmin asks to no one actually because the others are already occupied with their lovey dovey acts. “Oh yea, you get so engrossed with each other that is easier have extra food… seems fair” he shrugs and proceeds to take some food from each tray.

Soon, the extra-large table is full of people, Yunho’s and Jaejoong’s friends all chatting and laughing together. All of them have accepted that those two were the center of their respective groups somehow, so hanging out in a bigger group was the natural development of their social relationships.

They observe amused how Yunho and Jaejoong lose the track of time while being next to each other. Their friends are really happy that they’re together now so lost in his feelings that they don’t even eat, but who needs food when you have love? They don’t even notice that there are only two lonely baked potatoes at their respective trays all the rest distributed between the others at the table.

“Ok… it’s not funny!” Yunho glares to all after a while, “you know how difficult is get a steak on Friday let alone two. Return our lunches, or else…”

“But you both are literally glowing and overflowing love… I think you don’t need anything else.” Changmin half says half snorts but receives ‘aws’ in agreement.

“I love you, Jae…” Yunho caresses the blushed cheeks of his boyfriend.

“I love you too, Yun…” Jaejoong giggles and looks to him shyly.

Everybody continues enjoying their lunches.

“I’m not kidding Changmin!... Give us back our food!”

Well, it doesn’t matter how in love you are, food is still important for everyone.

 

 

end.