ペトリコール

petrichor (american)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lights of different colour glitz up the ferris wheel that floats above two men, one dressed like a grown-up and the other styled in a pretty kid gown. Both of their mouths are wide open, the food the taller's holding is now getting cold because of the breeze, but no one dares to speak up first. That's until one of them turned his head with eyes glossed in lights emitted by the lampposts near the bench they're sitting on. In his eyes, you can see the story of their youth and hear Paris on repeat. His eyes were fixated on his, and he wants to fall in love with him again, but only for this Sunday night.



"Hey, Seokjin. Come out of your lair and let's drift off to the grocery store!" A boy in seven years of age shouted to the little shadow behind a pink curtain, the owner of the floral backyard he's standing on. Planted on it were faintly pink-blushed peonies, lively and bright sunflowers and a bunch of white daisies, which is everyone's favourite. The said boy, Seokjin, pushed the ring loops to the side glancing back and forth at his maple door, and softly mouthed, "B-but Taehyung, my mom and dad told me to stay home this time! Also, I am painting my dreamland project."

"They always tell you that. C'mon we can buy your favourite candy bag and tacos!"

"How am I supposed to go down then?"

"We did this too many times, Seokjinnie. You can do it!" Well, it took three to four minutes of serious contemplating before Seokjin climbed along the almost dead, fat twig nearest to the window ledge down to the brick patio.

"You look great with your bangs puffy and rabbit pyjamas paired with those furry slips."

Seokjin phony hummed, "Thanks for the not-so-compliment, Taetae."

Their arms arched and intertwined on each other's shoulders as they pave their way to a somewhat large convenience store located on the opening of their moonlit neighbourhood.



Seeing two grooving, suave wannabes whilst walking on the city streets is so absurd-looking, considering the fact that the path is also wet from the storm that dropped ten minutes ago.

"Oh, how I'd love to go to Paris again and again and again~" Seokjin singsonged, turned his body three hundred and sixty degrees, and embraced the thick mist of the air he's currently breathing.

"How I'd love to go to Paris again~" the other kid repeated the flow and the melody, as if spoofing the first speaker.

"A-are you trying to mock me, Taehyung? I didn't sing it like that and everybody knows it!"

"As far as I'm concerned, the whole town is in the ship of Z's right now." Seokjin's whole face is red and has smokes blowing from his nose and ears.

"See you at the ministop, my lovely, fuming, Seokjinnie!"

"I hope you skid on the oil, and go to hell!" And they ran their lungs out on the road that reflects the light of the heavens above.



Panting one, two and three puffs out of their chapped lips, and they're finally stood on the red carpet of the five-and-ten. Echoing chimes surrounded the whole shop, yet the woman behind the counter is still typifying the man on her screen. There's only one black shelf on the left, third in the row, that they always put their hands on. The words and tune of Paris cannot leave their mouths still and all, and that's what woke the skirt that's quietly personifying the gent locked up in her frame.

"That's a hundred and five dollars," she said nonchalantly, with her head slightly down, presumably looking at the hombre again.

"You haven't looked at our groceries just yet, how could you know the price? It's not the same as before," Taehyung queried, kind of annoyingly hinted on his tone.

"Whatever's in your basket, they're always a hundred and five dollars."

"If you insist so, here's your money. Keep the change." The chimes ringed once again, but it's too late as her gaze shifted to the ten dollar bill on her tabletop.



Cold winds and dried leaves hit their cotton-clothed skins as they're bodies surge through the storm in the park that's dead as of the night. A bark visibly carved with their names and a heart between is proudly upright beside the koi-inhibited fountain spring.

"Let's sit under our tree again, Taehyungie!" Seokjin happily yelled, his hair bouncing and flying in the air whilst hitting his palms together.

"Sure! We always hang around there an-," Taehyung's lips stopped from moving as Seokjin's smile full of delight and lustre captivated his gaze.

"Taetae, it's bad to stare at me for that long."

"You're a nuisance. Do you know that, Seokjinnie?"

"I know, but I still wanna fall asleep on your shoulders after we eat these snacks tonight."

"Do whatever you want then."

"The sky looks very pretty, right, Taetae?" Seokjin muffled as he munches on his frozen chocolate-coated strawberry they bought from the distracted gal earlier. Taehyung just hummed and nodded a little bit, taking a share from the younger's pack.

"Hey! I'm suing you Kim Taehyungie for stealing my strawberries," Seokijn squealed, cheeks jutted containing air.

"But I only got one," the older reasoned out whilst holding his half-eaten fruit but without the sweetener now.

"S-still, whatever! I'm going to lay my head on your shoulders now!" Seokjin marched forward and lounged himself beside his dearest friend under the tree of promises, closed his fluttering lids and lashes and traveled his dreamland.

"Don't you worry, keep on sleeping." Taehyung knows, he knows that this night could be for better or worse.



A myriad of Zs can be seen breaking through Seokjin's mouth as he's still busy talking with the fairies and dragons he summoned in his wonderland. Meanwhile, Taehyung layed his head on the other's, guarding the whole garden even the sunrise itself.

"Wake up, Jinnie. It's our most favourite time of the day." The call caused Seokjin to soft grunt, slightly sticking his eyebrows together.

"Give me a little bit more, please. Who wants to go to school anyways?" he pleaded fully, which is kind of astonishing since normal people cannot do such a thing.

"The sky's soon wide blue if you keep on mumbling 'I want a fairy dust too just like Tinkerbell's!'" Taehyung's affront seemed to hurt Seokjin's pride as a kid, so he decided to ease up, and when he did that all he can feel is the constant beating of his chest. He does not know what it is, but he knows it might be bad for him and Taehyung.



Marbled hallways and cemented white walls are packed with human-sized lockers and voices of mixed girls and boys. Prominent in the brown-haired crowd are a googly-eyed redhead and one that smiles like the sun, which made them easy to be recognized. They're both draped in black slacks, leather belts with gold frames and button downs, one in red and white checkered, and the other floral-printed in maroon fabric. Everybody knows them ever since they started to strut in the halls with that style.

"Look, Hoseok. There's Seokjinnie!" the redhead pointed at the fully pink-clothed male, his voice raised but the said man didn't seem to hear him.

"Jungkook, why won't we take him to where we bought these clothes? His figure will fit every fashion, I swear." The suggestion was bright just as the one who proposed the idea.

"You finally said something sensible, Hoseok. This is the first in your record list."

"Are you talking to yourself? It's time to check a neuro, Kook."

"Whatever. We can ask that guy whom Seokjinnie clings to every single time to pay the bills. He looks rich anyway," Jungkook has put on that thick face mask again, referring to the man with high-end-looking aviators.

"I can tell your brain's finally getting feed, hm?"

"Shut up, Hoseok. We both know we're just the same."



Tongues dipped in dark cups backed out and noses that once followed the scent scrunched as the apparent features of coffee spread throughout their table, except for Taehyung. He drinks this on daily basis to wake his blood and veins.

"So you're all telling me to throw all my packet?" the coffee-addict beefed, almost spitting his gargle.

"Not we're saying it's a waste, since it's all for our Seokjinnie," Jungkook reasoned out, making his mouth harden at the word 'our.'

"You know, we all know you never say no to anything he wants you to do for him," Hoseok added, pushing everything on to Taehyung's mind.

"Fine, I'm in! But this will be considered as our date. You're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter