アメリカン

petrichor (american)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beneath his eyelids that twitch in the cold are tears that failed to flow when Seokjin was still awake. He can spot the faint glow and feel the burn of the stars on his flickering eyelashes. Half-awake, he leaned in to a touch so new and unrecognizable that brushed against and caressed his features. The hold was strange yet so familiar, he thought, for it reminds him of his sweet, sweet home. He flashed his eyes open, and a boy coated in black except for his jeans and boots, came upon his line of sight.

"Seems like you're hibernation period is finally over," the guy stated, smoke wafting that rested from his pink, chapped lips.

"Who are you, and why am I lying on a bench? My back hurts, you know," Seokjin complained, rubbing his right lid gently whilst getting up from the wood.

"My name is Yoongi. I spent the night watching that lonely tent of mine whilst guarding you here."

"So you've been working here?"

"I wouldn't waste my time staring at the people who come by my stall if I wasn't, would I?"

"You have a point. I'm Seokjin by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Seokjin. Let's bring you home, and warm you there. You look like Sandy Cheeks for the past few hours."

"At least she's smart and skillful. Unlike you that's got a rude tongue."

"I'm referring to her physical attributes when she was hibernating, not her mental capabilities."

"I can say I despise you already, but whatever. I have no choice, and it's my obligation to treat you right at my house. Coffee or hot choc?"

"Earl grey."

"Coffee it is then."



In the living room so stark and cimmerian where Seokjin dwells, the mercury hanging by the frame rose by one line when Yoongi had the chimes ringing. Tongues of fire grazed against Seokjin's skin as the man spoke, making his body and soul feel at ease.

"I see you never turn the lights on. I'm not in Greenland, am I? Your room's colder than the carnival." Yoongi rubbed his hands together whilst looking at the red liquid slightly climbing an inch one by one.

"This was once my heart, you know. All perfect and complete, but it grew colder and colder when he left," Seokjin softly said, almost breaking a pitch when he reached for the jar half-filled with verraco.

"We never have to talk about whoever you're referring to tonight. Just chill and dance in my arms. Can you do that for me?" Elbows propped on the counter, Yoongi leaned in, staring at the brown-haired that's pouring his heart on two cups.

"When did you ever get here? I never heard your footsteps even." The sound of metal hitting against a glass echoed throughout the kitchen once, twice and thrice, or maybe more than that.

"You were too busy thinking about him instead of hearing my request."

"My bad then. Let's head back to the couch, shall we?"

"Only if you grant my wish."

"Yeah, I will dance for you, but only for this time."



On the table were two cups of leftover bitter browns, one almost empty and one with three fourths gone. The mist surrounding around their heads has gotten them cold over the years they've been standing on the thick glass. A print of Taehyung and Seokjin is rested against a flowerpot, ghosting the whole humble abode. The memory was taken years ago when they had finished their elementary levels, both had their feet stepped on the air as they displayed a hearty smile on the camera.

"Is he what you're talking about? I do admit he looks good," Yoongi confessed, resting his chin at his palm as he focuses on the pale and chapped shot.

"He does look good, but I don't know what he looks like right now."

"Why don't you see him then? As far as I am concerned, you are bestfriends just by the look of it."

"I think you used the wrong tense of verb." As the last word left Seokjin's lips, stilted quietude wreathed their figures. The thin strands on their skin woke up that were lying minutes ago. Seokjin is again at the shore of regrets where Taehyung was swept out, watching the waves touch his toes.

"I really want to see you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter