Breathe In

Storms With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Amber and Jackson is watching TV when she heard.

"!, was that thunder?" She asked and sat up straighter on the couch, trying to listen if she could hear the distinct sound again.

"I don't know, but it did say on the news this morning that there will bw a storm tonight so i wouldn't be surprised" Jackson answered.

And like on cue the sound of the thunder could be heard again, this time clearly closer and louder.

", i have to get going!" Amber said and quickly stood up from the couch. How could she have missed the news about the storm? She had to hurry home quickly before it gets worse.

"What, why?" Jackson asked with a confused expression, standing up as well and watching as Amber put her hoodie on and checked that she had everything with her before heading towards the door.

"Krystal is alone at home" was all Amber said but that was enough to remind Jackson about why Amber needed to hurry home.

"Yeah, okay that's fine" Jackson said quickly and opened the door to Amber. "I'll see you later bro!"

"Yeah, bye bro!" Amber said and headed towards her car. It had started to rain by now and the thunder was more frequent. She fumbled her pocket for the phone and tried calling Krystal. The phone rang and rang but no one answered.

"God dammit, Krys, answer your phone.." Amber muttered worriedly and got in the car.

May she's just sleeping and that's why she doesn't answer? Maybe she hasn't even noticed the storm. Yeah, that's it. That's why Krystal isn't answering, Amber hoped.

Krystal had a really severe fear of storms, thunderstorms to be more precise. Just the thought of an oncoming storm was enough to make her anxious, so she was usually pretty on top of things when it came to knowing when there's going to be a storm coming. Why didn't she know this time? if she had told Amber that there was a storm coming she would have stayed at home instead of going to Jackson's.

Krystal's fear had started when she was young, around age of six, and there had been a big thunderstorm. Krystal had woken up to the loud noise of a lightning hitting the tree just outside Krystal's bedroom window, setting it a flame in the process. Krystal had been frozen with fear as her parents had hurried to Krystal's room and took her out there, just as the fire had reached their house. Krystal and her parents survived without even a scratch on them, but their home had suffered a lot of damage before the fire brigade was eventually able to put the fire down. Since then Krystal had been afraid of thunder, not being able to forget the loud noise and how close the lightning had hit. Her fear caused her panicked attacks and Amber was really concerned because for all she new, Krystal was alone at home right now.

There was barely any traffic on the roads and Amber was gratetful of that as she drove to her and Krystal's house. She was extra grateful of not seeing any police cars on her way home, since the speed she was driving at wasn't exactly the same as in the speed limit. When Amber reached her and Krystal's house she quickly parked the car in the driveway and rushed towards the door. She tried to open it but it was locked, so she fumbled with her keys to quickly unlock the door and step inside.

"Krystal?!" She asked as she closed the door behind her. Amber got no reply and there was no sign of Krystal. Amber shrugged the wet hoodie to the floor and quickly searched around the apartment, still not seeing Krystal. "Krystal, are you in here?!" Amber yelled.

Amber got to their bedroom door when she heard the labored breathing. She opened the door and as the lightning hit the distance again and illuminated the room, Amber could see a lump underneath the blankets. As the loud grumbling followed the lightning , the lump underneath the blankets jumped a little, the sounds of breathing getting more frequent and short.

"Krystal!" Amber exclaimed and rushed to the bed, taking the blankets away so she could see Krystal better. She was curled into a ball, lying on her side and shaking violently. Her breathing was getting really frantic and the look in her eyes was scared, he couldn't focus her eyes on Amber's for a long time, instead they were darting around the room, as if trying to find a way to escape.

That's when another lightning hit and Krystal whimpered, reaching for the blankets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter