The fox boy

The fox boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'So which one will you choose?' , the lady at the pet shop asks.
Kyungsoo is a bit confused.All those puppies and kittens, parrots, hamsters and all the pets there seemed to stare at him with a spark of fear , but excitement too.
Then his eyes met a kitten which seemed slightly different from the others and looked at him curiously.
This one seemed brave because as Kyungsoo came closer to him, he didn't back away or run, but approached instead.
The orange fur was making him special , then Kyungsoo knew.
'This one is perfect.'
The lady came next to him quickly, opened the cage and picked up the kitten.
'A pretty little knight, isn't he?'


Later at home, a special blue collar was chosen as well for the kitten , along other stuff needed for a pet , such as food and a place to sleep in.
'Hmm.. let's see.' , Kyungsoo pondered, eyeing the collar, which needed a name written on it.
The ginger kitten was already playing around and exploring his house as he thought of a suitable name , standing up in the middle of the livingroom.
He took a quick glance to make sure the kitten isn't in any danger and wrote down a name, mouthing it silently.
'Se... hun.'
He turned around after scribbling the name to find the kitten.
'Hey, where did you go?'
He was to be found sitting comfortably in his tiny 'bed' and didn't make any attempt of trying to escape from Kyungsoo when the collar was being fixed.
The man smiled.
'You and I are going to be really good friends, huh?'
That evening , Sehun was placed on his lap while he worked on an article for the newspaper he worked at. Kyungsoo's room was extra warm because of a bunch of papers and pencils placed messily there and there; that was his way of working. No one was minding it, since he lived alone. No one to tell him to sort all those and make the place look a bit tidy.
And the kitten seemed to enjoy spending time there with him, sleeping peacefully on his owner's knees , sometimes peering up at what might happen on the desk.
A constant sound of scribbling then typing at the computer could be heard. Relaxing.

After some time, there was something to be noticed.
'Look at you, buddy.Already grew up so much, you're going to become a big, strong kitten.', Kyungsoo chuckled one evening as he was drinking a cup of hot tea.
The tiny orange head kept following his movements, listening carefully, eyes sparkly.
'Hehe.'
He took another sip and shuffled through the channels on TV while taking a break from writing another part for that article.
Later he went to sleep, tired after writing and composing.But it was good a day.
Kyungsoo yawned soundly and stretched.
'Guess this was it for today.Good night, Sehun.'
The one addressed placed himself on the little bed , curled up as if knowing it was bedtime.

The next morning, Kyungsoo woke up with a groan , feeling as if he didn't sleep at all.
'Geez..' , he said, rubbing his eyes as he went towards the kitchen, slowly paddling on the cold floor.
Wait.
'Sehun?', his voice asked going from one room to another.
He was calm at first but began to panic soon as the kitten was nowhere to be found.
'Where are you? Sehun!'
The little bed was a bit warm, though and Kyungsoo quickly thought of what to do, already dressing up and soon leaving the rustled blankets behind.
Spending all your day trying to find a lost and rebel kitten can be indeed hard , so this tired Kyungsoo even more when he wandered through the surroundings of his house and didn't find Sehun.In the afternoon he felt miserable and with a sad sigh , he went to have a coffee at his favorite shop.
Miss Wang was there as in any other day, ready to bring a smile on everybody's face with her charming personality.Despite her age, she still moved around full of energy, preparing coffees and 'specials' , not giving any sign that she's had enough.
This was impressive to Kyungsoo, who entered to order his regular.
'You seem down today.' , Miss Wang began. 'Did something happen?'
The little man blinked a few times then sighed.
'It's true, Miss Wang.I feel really upset because I thought I got the best kitten ever and this morning he just disappeared!'
'Oh!'
The old lady looked at him worried.
'If I can help, I'll look around too and maybe we'll find him.How does this kitten look like?', she asked , placing a cup on the plate.
'He's got a distinctive shade of orange.' , Kyungsoo explained.
When hearing the word 'orange' , Miss Wang seemed to remember something.She paused for a few moments to put her thoughts in order.
'It might be a strange coincidence, I believe , but recently I've spotted a nice boy through the window and his hair was orange.What was interesting is the fact that he had two cat ears too, of the same color! Maybe this was my imagination?', she giggled.
Kyungsoo shook his head.
'And he also wore a blue hoodie.'
'That boy might have had a pair of ears to match his hair color?' , he guessed.
'Everything that's possible, my dear.' , Miss Wang nodded. 'Now, I have a lot of work to do, but I will try to look and see if your kitten is around.Don't worry!'
Left alone at his table, Kyungsoo nodded slightly.


One chilly morning, Kyungsoo decided to take a walk early in the park nearby.
He seemed distracted by thoughts, especially the ones related to his kitten.
As the image of Sehun appeared in his mind, at the same time he heard someone cheer, clap and laugh loudly.
He turned to the basketball court to spot a boy (and the actual source of all that noise), but he had his back turned and was looking at a slightly taller boy get another point.
...Ginger hair, blue hoodie.., Kyungsoo thought.
It's him?
'Hey, you.'
The other boy turned around instead , then the ginger followed. Kyungsoo highly hoped it wasn't a big misunderstanding because else he wouldn't know how to explain.
'Yah, who are you?' , the taller boy asked.
When the ginger's eyes met Kyungsoo's , his face lit up, eyes forming little crescent moons.
'Kyungsoo!'
He sat there, stunned.
'This is him, huh?'
'Yeah.'
The little man looked at the ginger boy's neck and saw that he had a collar. With the name 'Sehun' on it. A scent of bubblegum met his nostrils.
'I-It's nice to meet you.' , he began with a confused look.
'I'm Chanyeol.' , came the reply as he dribbled the ball and marked once again.
'Sehun.. ? But..'
'It's me, Sehun real boy now.'
He open his arms, amazed and smiling as if he'd received a present.
'How?' , Kyungsoo asked, still confused.
'Sehun fox.'
'Huh? But I bought a kitten, Kyungsoo shakes his head.Do you think I'm st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter