An Ache.

Finding Something To Call Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a fresh start - When you start something again in a completely new and different way after being unsuccessful.

 

-

 

He blinked his eyes open after what felt like a terrible nap on this flight, truth is he only fell asleep due to overhwelming stress he was feeling.

Curtis wore a frown upon his face after he registered the dull ache coming from his lower back "Why are airplane seats so uncomfortable?" pretending to himself that he has prior experience with such things when in actuality this was only his third time on a plane, the first time as a grown adult.

Stretching his neck out and standing up allowed the feeling of relief to wash over him. He sat back down in his blue death seat and noticed the little virtual plane on the screen infront of him had barely even entered Eastern Europe, four hours into a ten hour flight and suddenly Curtis realised his error; he was going to have to occupy himself for at least 6 more hours before he landed in Seoul.

This whole idea of starting a new life on the other side of the world was a quick one to put into action, the need to exit stage left as it were meant that he could use whatever money he had saved to completely up sticks and choose somewhere to restart his rather lackluster life. Having spent most of it thinking on what could have been meant Curtis spent alot of time in his own head, wondering about how different things could have been if he hadn't of made all those disappointing decisions.

But yet here he was, flying inside of a tin can heading to Korea, Why Korea? In truth Curtis doesn't know either.

Shaking himself out of his own thoughts Curtis soon turned his attention to his upcoming destination, "I really should have learned more Korean" he thought to himself. "I probably should of started to learn more of it before I got on the plane, or even before I was given the address of my new apartment, or even before I applied for a job teaching English, maybe even when Nayeon offered to help me more in University, she and I both knew I only wanted to learn Korean to get to know her more."

There he was again, wandering aimlessly in his own head, he tends to do that alot but somehow every time he finds his way out, this time due to the overwhelming need to visit the restroom, he should have known that drinking 5 bottles of water last night before bed was not a good idea. Having made it to the airplane bathroom he soon took care of his business, but caught a look at himself in the mirror as he washed his hands. His medium length brown hair cascaded its way across the top of his forehead, his green eyes seeming oblivious to the fact that hes now staring at himself, "What am I doing on this plane?" he asked himself. After a low sigh he exited the bathroom and after finding his way back to his seat he tried to find a comfortable spot in this uncomfortable death chair he had been given. Settling on an angle that relieved the ache on one si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter