One Year Later

One Year Later

One Year Later

 

TaengSic



Allkpop: Kim Taeyeon whispers “Saranghae” after U R. Was that a confession?! To WHO?!

 

Things were definitely different.

 

Not bad different, but good.

 

Kim Taeyeon, the idol that everyone thought didn’t care for her ex-member, showed them wrong, subtly of course.

 

Fans were beginning to speculate. Some were on the money. Some were just plain rude.

 

If she hadn’t chosen to do what she did that night, she wouldn’t know where she’d be.

 

After her melt down in her dressing room, they promised each other to meet again.

 

Too many things were left unsaid in the past four years.

 

Too much emotions pent up.

 

But that didn’t matter.

 

And when they did finally meet, they poured everything out.

 

Confessions of love and resentment.

 

They patched things up, and they were going to move forward from now on… together.

 

It had already been almost year since that night in the dressing room.

 

Allkpop: Kim Taeyeon wears Blanc & Eclare sunglasses?!

 

Fans began speculating again.

 

She got a stern lecture from SM, but she didn’t care.

 

The world was now theirs. And no one, was going to stop them.

 

But she did have doubts.

 

“Taengoo…” she called out as she peaked her head inside.

 

The apartment was quiet, a little too quiet.

 

During one of their secret meetings, Taeyeon had given Jessica the address to her apartment and passcode.

 

As the girl slipped inside and kicked her shoes off, she was greeted by a little fluffy grey fur ball.

 

She bent over and scratched behind his ear, his favorite. “Where’s that owner of yours?”

 

Tiptoeing further into the apartment, she looked around at her surroundings. Taking note of how organized and spacious the place was.

 

Walking towards the bedroom, she gently twisted the door knob and stuck her head inside only to see a lump in the middle of the queen size bed. She shook her head holding back a chuckle.

 

Contemplating on what to do… she decided to jump onto of the lump.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Ahh!”

 

“Why are you asleep?! It’s like… noon time already!”

 

“You’re the one to talk” a scoff was heard from underneath the covers.

 

“Get up! I cleared my schedule for you”

 

“As if you’re busy. All I see is you turning it up in Hawaii”

 

The younger girl smirked, “Someone stalking me on Instagram?”

 

“In your dreams!” Taeyeon playfully pushed the younger girl before finally sitting up.

 

“C’mon, wash up. There’s this café I really want to go to!”

 

Taeyeon eyed the younger one. “Are you sure we should go out in public together?”

 

She sighed and ran her slender fingers through her long locks. “I’m tired of people telling us what to do… I’m tired of these business honchos thinking they own us. We’re people too” she pouted.

 

Taeyeon chuckled, “I know what you mean. I got an earful when articles of me wearing your sunglasses surfaced”

 

“Which by the way, look really good on you”

 

“I know~” she winked, causing Jessica to blush.

 

“But seriously Taeyeon… we’re too old to be playing these stupid games. Is it bad that I want to show off my love for you?”

 

“Sooyeon, you’re absolutely right. But… what happens if this ends us?”

 

“We have each other now, don’t we? If SM decides to kick you out, you can always join us in Coridel. I’m sure Tyler would be pleased”

 

Taeyeon sighed. Was she ready to risk it?

 

Of course, she was! She’s been playing slave for half of her life, and it was now time for her to take matters into her own hands.

 

“Fine,” she mumbled before getting off her bed and into her bathroom.

 

It didn’t take long to get ready. It’s not like she really tried anyways. Her clothing choice was always so simple.

 

She didn’t bother putting on make-up.

 

When she was done, she grabbed her purse and the two made their way out.

 

They opted to take Jessica’s car.

 

Jessica had changed her car in the last four years that fans don’t know what kind of vehicle she was now driving.

 

They arrived at a secluded café in Gangnam.

 

They wore their hats and sunglasses inside to at least try and hide their identity.

 

Per Taeyeon’s request.

 

When they had gotten their orders, they took a seat in the back where it was the most private.

 

They talked.

 

And they talked.

 

They talked as if they didn’t spend four years apart.

 

Taking a sip of her coffee, Taeyeon cleared . Jessica looked up from her dessert item and raised a brow.

 

“You… uh… you never said anything about Tyler… what happened to him?” she looked away in embarrassment.

 

A sigh escaped Jessica’s lips. “We were merely too busy for each other… plus, we were beards for each other”

 

“Oh?”

 

Jessica shrugged. “He’s like my best friend. But he came out to me two years ago”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Are you afraid that I’m going to leave you?”

 

Taeyeon fiddled with a napkin, “Uh… I… guess?”

 

“You’re so bad with words”

 

“I know”

 

“I’m not going to leave you… we spent so many years apart. Do you doubt my feelings?”

 

“N-No”

 

“Do you trust me?”

 

“Y-Yes”

 

“Then, believe in me”

 

That was all Taeyeon had to hear. And it made her heart feel so content.

 

They stayed in the café for almost three hours.

 

In those three hours they laughed, and they cried.

 

They became bold and held each other’s hands.

 

Little did they know, that tomorrow they’d cause an uproar.

Breaking: Girls’ Generation Kim Taeyeon spotted with former member Jessica Jung being intimate?!

 

 

“What is the meaning of this?!” yelled an angry higher up as he threw the iPad on the conference table.

 

The articles. The photos of them holding hands. The photos of them hugging each other.

 

Breaking: Kim Taeyeon and Jessica Jung are dating?!”

 

Damn you dispatch as any idol would say.

 

“You’re not allowed to meet up with her!”

 

“Her ban has been lifted, has it not?” Taeyeon shot back, giving the stink eye.

 

“Are you trying to lose your career?!”

 

“Is it wrong to meet a former member?! We spent training days together! We worked hard together to get the group to where it is now!” she clenched her fist under the table.

 

This was her time to fight for what she truly believed in. No more bossing her around.

 

“Have you lost your mind?! Did you see the photos? You guys are so intimate with each other. Are you guys dating?!”

 

“And if we are, what are you going to do about it?” Taeyeon scoffed and crossed her arms. Her ears red from anger.

 

“That’s unacceptable!”

 

“Last time I checked, it’s 2020. They legalized gay marriage like a year ago” she rolled her eyes.

 

“An idol in a homoual relationship is unacceptable. The stocks would drop! We’d lose millions”

 

She scoffed. “Do you remember when you guys kicked Jessica out? Your stocks plummeted. I don’t think it’ll matter because you guys always find a way to bounce back”

 

Mr. Higher up stared at her like she was crazy. Where did this rebellious Kim Taeyeon come from?

 

“You either accept it or I’m done”

 

All the eyes in the room widened, even Taeyeon’s.

 

She was fed up.

 

Her life was not a game. They shouldn’t have a say in what she can and cannot do.

 

Besides, haven’t they fried her hair enough?

 

She was already 32 in Korean age. 31 internationally.

 

She could only do so much before the next young and shiny female singer takes her stage.

 

Maybe Jessica was right to leave while the group was still at the highest point.

 

“Don’t dare me” Mr. Executive barked.

 

She got up and slammed her hands on the table, looking at him straight in the eyes.

 

“Accept it, or else I sign with Coridel Entertainment”

 

Everyone gasped. It was as if she just said the tabooest thing in the world. Well, she really did.

 

The president stood up from his seat. He had been watching the entire thing quietly.

 

He was thinking.

 

“Everyone let’s sit back down and talk this out like adults”

 

And they did.

 

Months later, and the articles died down.

 

No official statements were made from both sides.

 

But both sides did talk.

 

They weren’t willing to part with their precious gems.

 

One Year after that biggest music award.

 

Here they both were.

 

Sharing the stage yet again.

All the artists didn’t dare to talk about the articles regarding them.

 

Girls’ Generation were living legends and they were untouchable.

 

But today’s performance was going to be different.

 

Jessica Jung was now standing on one side of the stage, mic in hand, trying to calm her nervous heart.

 

It kind of felt like deja vu but with a playful twist.

 

Out of all the songs in her disposal, she picked this one.

 

They picked this one.

 

When the music started, it was familiar but not.

 

It had been years since the song played.

 

Deep breaths. She sang

 

It feels like I’ve dreamed for a long time
For a while, I’ve wandered and wandered
As if we made a promise four seasons ago
We’re standing face to face, just like that day

 

 

She watched the audience’s eyes widen in realization of the song.

 

A song she sang when she was still part of SM.

 

A duet, that hasn’t been sung live in almost a decade.

 

Questions filled the fans’ and artists’ minds.

 

The beautiful stories
we wrote down then
The promises of forever
we prayed then
All come back to me one by one
I knew my heart wouldn’t be able to take this
For you, I held it back even more
So how was your year?

 

 

As the music played, her heart was pounding.

 

It was time.

 

At the other end of the stage, the spot light brightly lit as the stage came up.

 

The audible gasp of everyone combined echoed through the stadium.

 

As the most familiar and recognizable voice and figure came to light.

 

I’ve lived and tried to forget for a long time
For a while, it seemed like it was okay
But as time passes by,
I’ve come to realize
That without you, I can’t go on

 

There, Taeyeon stood singing her heart.

 

This was going to either make her or break her.

 

But she didn’t care.

 

Because she too believed in her.

 

Maybe if we were
just a little more mature then
Maybe if we knew
back then what we know now
Endless regret only repeats itself
I have no will to save myself
But I tightly held all of that in
That’s how one year has passed

 

 

She was going to risk it all.

 

If fate hadn’t brought them together, where would they be now?

 

Are your feelings the same as mine?

 

Jessica turned to look at Taeyeon.

 

Can you give me one more chance?

Taeyeon turned to look at Jessica.

 

Tears welled up in their eyes as they made eye contact.

 

The emotions that they’ve suppressed so long is being laid out, live and in public.

 

I now know that we can never part
You’re the one person I loved and still love

 

As they sang together, they walked towards each other.

 

Never breaking eye contact.

 

They were doing what they did best.

 

Singing.

 

Singing together.

 

If we could have gone back to those good old days, I would

 

Taeyeon held her hand out.

 

Jessica clasped their hands together and intertwined their fingers.

 

Yet, they didn’t turn away from each other.

 

our love was

 

beautiful

 

and happy

 

Taeyeon squeezed Jessica’s hand.

 

Not one of the audiences could make a peep.

 

Everyone was so engrossed.

 

It really showed their love

 

Heartbreaking stories, meaningless arguments

 

Let’s bury them all now

 

And say we’ll never
bring it back up
The season changes again

 

 

Even when many years pass

 

 

Let’s never have the same feelings we had today

 

 

And that was how they came out to the public.

 

After that night, both sides made official statements confirming their reunion and their relationship.

 

It was long overdue for the both of them.

 

They got their support from their group members.

 

They got their support from their families.

 

They got their support from their fans.

 

And most importantly, they got the support from each other.