The Way You Look Tonight

The Way You Look Tonight

“Sungie, fulfil your stomach okay, so you’ll be able to sleep,” I ask my boyfriend. “Nobody could sleep well when they’re hungry,” I put three more ‘sate kambing’ to his plate. “Plus this prevent anemia.”
He looks at me and pouts. But he eats them anyway, since he likes the sate so much. 
I’m happy just seeing him eat like this. His cheeks are ballooning like a squirrel’s. 
“You don’t have any schedule tomorrow so eat as much as you can,” Leeteuk hyung in front of him says. 
After eating dinner we are going back to Korea. We’re leaving at midnight and will get to Korea in the morning. For sure, this flight will be designated to a comfortable sleep for the passengers. 
By the time we get to the gate, Yesung hyung holds my arm cutely. I understand what he means, he wants me to baby him now that there is no fans here. 
Oh have I told you? Late night flights are our favorite since we can be all romantic without anyone noticing. We can cuddle and even make out when everyone else is asleep! 
I look around to search for Ryeowook. No need to look far, he’s right behind me and my baby, sending death glare to me. As usual, he’s angry because Yesung hyung chooses to sit with me this time. Ha! 
I’m so tired of sharing my precious boyfriend with him ever since he came back to the group. Ryeowook would want to sit with Yesung hyung anytime because he misses him and “You have enough time with him when I was away!” he once screams to me behind Yesung’s back. 
Lol of course I have. I’m his boyfriend, am I not? 
But my Yeye baby would pity him and chose to baby sit that immature kid from time to time, mostly when I was away. “Wookie is also my beloved dongsaeng Wonie, and he really adores me,” he kept saying. 
Yesung leans his head on my shoulder when we get into the plane, that leaves me freedom to choose where we sit. As usual, I will choose the front seat so that nobody would walk pass us to go to the toilet, and see what we’re doing intimately. 
Yesung hyung likes to sit near the window even when he’s afraid of the height, because he can lean on the wall and he also can simply close the window. Plus, with me in the alley, I can protect him from anybody else’s hungry stares (like Jungmo’s every time we fly together for SMTown concerts).
So we sit in the front seats of our cabin, not really paying attention of other people and where will they sit. 
“I want to sleep, Wonie,” my baby tells me right away. 
“Oh, I thought we’re going to make out all night,” I . 
“You’re so damn erted,” he hits my arms playfully. “Okay, we can make out, for ten minutes, or more…”
“Alright, but since you haven’t slept since God knows when, I will also help you sleep, Baby.”
“How will you… help me sleep,” my baby kisses the corner of my lips. 
“Hey, people are still entering the plane!” I warn him as Leeteuk hyung passes by our seat and glares at us. 
This baby of mine loves to play with trouble. Leeteuk hyung and moreover, Eunhyuk, would flip out if they knew that we do PDA off stage. “You could jeopardize our group,” I remember Hyukkie warned us. 
“Hehe,” Yesung hyung giggles adorably. He then sits back, putting on his seatbelt and impatiently looking at our managers and crew who are entering the plane.
“Are you sleepy already?” I ask him, seeing his tired face. 
“I didn’t sleep last night… maybe only an hour or two,” he answers. 
“You should’ve called me to your room, Baby,” I pout. 
“Then risking myself unable to walk during our important stage?” he glares. 
“But you’ll be tired, so tired that you’ll sleep very deeply…” I grin. 
“You’re nuts.”
“I wanna eat your nuts,” I whisper to his ear and he slaps me hard on my upper arm. 
The plane is going to take off and my baby is closing his eyes in fear as usual. I hold his hand to ease this for him, and he gratefully holds my fingers tightly. 
Five minutes later he opens his eyes and smiles softly at me. “You’re like a soft monster,” he says almost whispering. 
“What?”
“You can be as scary as a monster but can be so gentle like this…” 
Heh, I sneer. Who does he think he is. “What about you coward hulk,” I make faces at him. “You’re ten times scarier than me when you’re angry but you’re afraid of so many things, like height…” I pinch his cheeks. 
“Aw! You want me to punch you? Because can,” he glares, but oh he’s so adorable like this I swear I can just eat him. 
“Hey you’re the one who started,” I caresses his red cheeks, they’re hot because of my pinch. “Awww my baby, do they hurt?”
“Very,” my baby pouts and I won’t waste my time to kiss his pouty lips. 
He opens his mouth in an instant and I curse when my seatbelt holds me tight to my seat. I have to back down to open it. 
“Hey guys,” a voice startles us. Luckily, it’s just Donghae from beside us across the isle. “Volume,” he makes a gesture to tone down our noises. “Leeteuk hyung could kill you,” he adds. 
“Oh okay…” I raise my hands in defeat. “Let’s wait until everyone is really asleep,” I touch Yesung’s soft lips. 
“You can pay them to sleep,” my baby says, putting my fingers into his mouth and them. 
“You’re so lucky you’re an uke,” I can barely breathe. “I’m half hard now, stop!” I whisper back and put my wet fingers away from his sinful mouth. 
I know even if Yesung loves making out in our plane seat, he hates having in the plane bathroom. He couldn’t control that wild voice of his… 
“So, what do we do?” Yesung plays with my fingers on my lap. “I’m starting to get sleepy,” he admits. 
My face falls. I try to manage my disappointment but I guess it’s printed on my face like a book. 
But I understand, he hasn’t been able to sleep in days since his excitement for our important stage ate him whole. He’s so happy to visit Indonesia since he’s got so many fans there and the general public are very aware of us. We can feel that we are truly a world-class celebrity there. 
“Sorry Wonie,” he kisses my cheek. “But I think if anyone can help me sleep, you can.”
“Hm?” I raise my eyebrows. 
“I’m always peaceful every time I’m with you, right?” his body is facing me wholly. “Just like after we made love… hold my hand and caress my hair?”
“You want me to do that? Like… when we were… ?” I again. 
Of course I would do it for him to be able to sleep. I would do anything to help him get the deep, peaceful sleep he deserves. 
“Yea but I’m not ,” he pecks my nose. “I’m not now,” he raises his eyebrows. “I can get any other time, of course…”
“Alright, now let’s tuck you in to bed,” I cut him before he could make me anymore harder down there. I help him set the chair, pillow, and the blanket. 
Now my baby looks like a real baby about to go to sleep. I darken his lamp and he smiles at me on his sleeping position. 
“Happy?” I ask him. 
“Eung,” he answers cutely. His eyes are red now, and they got smaller in his sleepy state. Then he stares at me with a confused face. 
“What?” I ask. 
“Aren’t you going to sleep too?” he gets up and looks around. Many people has already asleep but many are still sitting down like me. 
“After you, my baby,” I answer. “I’m not that tired.”
“But it’s midnight Wonie,” Yesung insists. 
“I still want to read some news on my phone,” I lie. 
Alright, I have a secret from my baby. He doesn’t know. But in my defense, it’s not that it’s a bad thing really. 
“Oh,” Yesung sounds more sleepy now as he lies back down. “Just don’t sleep too late okay,” he reaches for my hand beside me. His smooth palm are holding my way-bigger fingers and he starts to close his eyes. 
I grab his hand with my other hand, while my thumbs are caressing his palm. “Sleep tight my baby. Have a nice dream,” I kiss his head and he smiles, still closing his eyes. 
And suddenly I realizes eyes are on me. Other members are looking at me, aside from Shindong who’s already asleep. Several high-ranking managers on the same cabin are also noticing me. 
“He’s cute,” I try to reason, particularly to Leeteuk hyung and Eunhyukkie. 
Apart from the members, our managers don’t know about me and Yesung hyung. Just as I said to the members the day we came out to them, I did fanservices with everyone so that me and Yesung won’t raise questions. 
I quickly get back to my position, but I still hold Yesung’s warm hand in mine. But I see my baby holds back a smile as he mutters, “Thank you, darling,” with closed eyes.  
Hiding from other people’s stare, I lean at the backrest of my chair and looks at Yesung, waiting for him to finally be asleep. 
Suddenly Yesung opens his eyes to look back at me looking at him. 
“Yah,” he pouts. “Don’t look at me that way. I won’t just disappear and I won’t be able to sleep under your inspection,” he mutters, annoyed. He then faces the plane’s window to avoid my gaze. 
“Alright then,” I pretend to give up and let his hand go. 
But right away, he turns his body back to look at me while pouting, stretching out his hand and opens his palms. “Hands,” he commands, or, precisely, sulks. 
I laugh. He’s so adorable. He literally could get me to do whatever the he wants. I guess this is love. I hold his hand again, but only with one hand.
“Your left hand,” he requests. 
“How am I suppose to play with my phone if you get all my hands?” I shake my head. This spoiled baby should know that I don’t have three hands. 
“Fine,” he pouts, but now knows not to turn back to the window because I could easily pull my hand away. 
“Good night,” I kiss the top of his head again. 
Now he is really trying to sleep in his chair, while facing me. It results in his body folding like a kitten’s. His facial expression too, I reckon, is alike with a kitten’s, so cute and peaceful. 
I try to not really paying attention to him since I know he would feel it and unable to sleep. So I open my phone to read today’s headline news. 
After about ten minutes later, his grip on my right hand has loosened and his face is no longer peaceful. His actual sleeping face is always like a grumpy person, frowning and pouting. Now I know that he’s actually asleep. 
I’m so happy that by sitting with me he could really go to sleep. Maybe he really feels peaceful with me or because he’s so tired… 
His sleeping problem is really not a joke. He’s got some sleeping pills that I always forbid him from taking, but sometimes he just couldn’t help but consuming it. 
If he would allow me, I would accompany him to sleep every single time I’m free. But he always asks me to prioritize my family, to sleep at my parents’ house (the way he is). 
He also knows of course, that whenever we’re on the bed together, we’d make love a thousand times until he wouldn’t be able to do activities the next day. He partly loves and partly hates that effect of my presence in a bed with him… 
I think it is safe now for me to do my secret activity whenever my boyfriend is sleeping with his angry face beside me. I fish my earphones and play my forever-favorite song: The Way You Look Tonight by Tony Bennett. 
You may ask me why I call this a secret activity. Looking at the sleeping Yesung once earned me a push until I fell off the bed because he was so annoyed. 
Can we call it an abusive instinct? I don’t know. But as you know he was mad at me just now when I looked at him, right? 
But what can I do. Even if I have to risk my life (LMAO) to look at the sleeping him, I still love to do it. Love it so much. 
And this song is the most romantic song in the world. I’m not alone, tons of people also admit this old song is super romantic that even Michael Buble did a cover of it. But I like Bennett’s version better, just saying. 
As the song starts playing, the heavy voice of Bennett’s fills my ears and I turn my body to face my sleeping baby. 

Some day, when I'm awfully low
When the world is cold
I will feel a glow just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight

I can’t count how many times has Yesung been with me, accompanying me through my hard times. Physically or merely in a video call when we’re apart, he’s always shine on me, giving me light to through anything. 
More than my mom, he’s always supporting me, making me believe in my dreams. That I, Choi Siwon, really can reach each one of my dreams. Even the one seems to be unreachable at the moment.

Yes, you're lovely,
with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft

Who can deny this? My baby’s smile is so warm. With his eyesmiles, he gained tons of loyal fans. As a kpop star I know so many people with such beautiful smiles, but none could reach the warmth Yesung emanates from his eyes and smiles. His good heart, I wish everyone could see it from his smile. 
There is nothing for me,
but to love you
And the way you look tonight

I caress his cheek, only almost touching it. As he is a sensitive sleeper, the slightest touch could wake him up and I don’t want to be the one bothering his sleep. The sleep he needs the most. 

With each word, your tenderness grows
Tearing my fear apart
And that laugh wrinkles your nose
Touches my foolish heart

Can you see the wrinkles in Yesung’s nose each time he laughs crazily? I find it so endearing. If those wrinkles appear, it means he is really, really happy. And it’s become my obsession to be the person who brings that happiness to him.

Lovely, Never, never change
One thing I’ve always told him since the our first date as a couple six years ago. “Don’t you ever change, my love. You’re perfect the way you are.” I mean, the way he is as a human being is perfect, right? His beauty is actually inside and out. His heart is not less beautiful than his face, I swear to God. 

Keep that breathless charm
Won't you please arrange it?
Cause I love you
Just the way you look tonight

Ah, wasn’t he the prettiest performer tonight? With his white suit and red lips, I could barely stand still, I just wanted to kiss him senseless. 
And now his bareface shows how awesome his skin is. I again, want to kiss him senseless.
Suddenly my baby moves in his sleep, and I move my fingers just in time before he changes position and my fingers almost brush his cheek. 
His hand has completely let my hand go, so I just continue watching his face. His lips are opening so cutely, and his frown slowly turns back to a normal state. His facial expression softens. 
Up until this day we still don’t know why my baby has such anger in his sleeps. Maybe because of his pent-up angers that Hyukkie’s been talking about. 
I update my twitter. I tell my ELF about this song. My favorite song ever. If they only know I don’t think about any woman whenever I listen to this song, but my own hyung in Super Junior, I wonder what would they say. 
“Wonie,” I feel a pat on my shoulder. I open my eyes abruptly and find Leeteuk hyung beside me on the isle. 
He’s looking at me with a mixed expression between annoyed and touched. 
“I know you really love Yesung but please don’t sleep like this. You’re gonna ache all over in the morning,” he pulls my shoulder from my position leaning to Yesung’s armrest, and I barely understand him. 
My back just feel so comfortable meeting the back of the chair. Ahh, this is life, I mutter before closing my eyes again. 
I feel someone adjusts my chair to form a comfortable sleeping position and puts the blanket on my body. 
“See you’re so tired yourself…” that is the last voice I hear before darkness, comfort and warmness embrace my whole body. 
“Hey, Wonie,” someone whispers in my right ear. “Baby, wake up, we’re about to land…”
I’m unhappy. I still want to be in this comfortable bed… but wait it’s not as wide as my bed… I abruptly open my eyes. 
Yesung is looking at me with a sweet smile on his face. “Wake up,” he says again. “We’re home.”
I get up from my seat, that has been a bed too for God knows how long, and see that most people are awake and the sky outside the plane is bright already. 
“Hi, how are you?” I ask my baby. “Sleep nicely?”
“Yes, thank you Wonie,” he touches my hand. “I guess this is my longest sleep in weeks,” he admits. 
I realize he’s wearing an earphone. Then I also realize that only one earphone in my ear is playing the same love song I’ve been playing since last night. 
“Is that my earphone?” I ask him. 
He nods. “You really like this song so much huh?”
I feel my cheeks become hot. 
“You’ve been playing this song since forever. And tonight, on repeat…” Yesung smiles again. “I'm not really smart in English but i know the meaning of the song," he smirks. "Is this song... about me?” he pinches my nose naughtily. 
“No,” I choose to . 
“Aww you’re blushing. A giant like you can blush too.”
“Sir, please re-adjust the chair as we’re nearing Incheon and about to land,” a stewardress comes and safe me from Yesung’s tease.
We land on Incheon safely, tons of fans are already waiting for us, so I have to act normal with my beloved boyfriend. 
“Tonight I’ll sleep at your place,” Yesung whispers as we’re waiting for custom. 
I’m so happy to hear that. 
“But not literally ‘sleep’ though…”
He runs as I try to tickle him, punishing him for teasing me again in public. 


***Fin***

 

A/n: inspired by Siwon’s twitter update about his favorite song at the time he was suppose to be on the airport/plane back from their sensational performance in Indonesia.