Their First Love Story

Jinju, The Isolated Crown Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Shin is the first son of the King and the Queen which makes him the Crown Prince of the country who has to go through an arranged marriage prepared by his parents. His wife is not a princess or a daughter of one of the ministers. She doesn’t come from a noble family but she is just a commoner named Park Jinju (Pearl). The reason for her being chosen to be the Crown Princess of the country is she owns an extraordinary intellectual side and she also comes with an amazing visual. She is a beauty with brain. She is very smart at making difficult decisions and very good at doing discussions which somehow very needed in someone who is going to stand next to the future king. Lee Shin has no says in this marriage as he has failed to bring a lady of his choice to see his parents. They have given him enough time to look for his true love. As the Crown Prince of this country, he needs someone by his side to build his own family. And he is at the perfect age to get married. That is why his parents forced him into this marriage. It is not that there was no one interested to be his woman but he is very choosy and unapproachable. He is not friendly with any girls. He would reject anyone who shows some interest in him. He is that cold. And that includes Kim Jangmi (Rose), the trade minister’s daughter who he has known since he was a kid as her family is staying in the Palace too. Jangmi has tried so many ways to get his attention and as one of the beautiful girls in the Palace, she is very prideful and she is very arrogant. No one dares to approach Lee Shin because she is obviously showing her interests in him. She makes sure that she tells others that he is hers while in fact, her feeling is never replied. It is only one sided interest.

 

Jinju is found by the King on his previous visit in the countryside to meet with his people and when he shared the news with his Queen, she immediately requested for him to bring her to Jinju. And the King did. It didn’t take the Queen long to fall in love with that brilliant young girl and during the King’s second visit and the Queen’s first visit to the family, they immediately asked her hand for marriage for their son, the Crown Prince, Lee Shin. They didn’t want to lose Jinju to anyone else as she was at the perfect age to get married. And it is normal for girls to be married at the very early age. Jinju’s family was given a week to think about it. Though the King was the leader of the country who was also the most powerful one, he didn’t want to force her into the marriage. He knew well that threatening was not a good idea to get her. He didn’t want to be a cruel ruler. It was just not his style to force his subjects into doing something they were not fond of. They waited patiently and finally their patience was paid off. The family agreed to marry Jinju into the Royal family. The King and the Queen were beyond happy. They finally found the Crown Princess for their Crown Prince. They immediately started preparing for the Royal wedding between the Crown Prince and Jinju.

 

 

Jinju doesn’t argue. She knows that her parents will always make the right choice for her. So she just agreed with their decision. When she first met the King and the Queen, she knew right away that they are not commoners like them just looking at the way they dressed. They didn’t even have to introduce themselves to her. She knew that they belong to a noble family who might have connection with the Palace. But little did she know that they were actually the King and the Queen of this country. They are the owner of the noblest place in the country which is the Palace. She knew that they came for some serious discussion and she was right. It was just that the serious discussion was actually related to her and that it would change her future. She is not sad that she is going to get married to someone that she never met before but she is sad because she will be leaving her family as she will be staying in the Palace with the Royal family after the wedding. When she first found out that she was going to be married to the Crown Prince, she begged for her parents to cancel the wedding. She was aware that it would never work. She had no idea that the couple who came to their house more than a while ago were the King and the Queen of this country. But her parents convinced her that she would be just fine in the Palace and that the King and the Queen already promised that they would look after her. She knew that it was impossible for the wedding to be stopped as the next day was the chosen day. It was too late for any changes. So she just accepted her fate with a promise that she would find her own happiness.

 

 

It’s different with Lee Shin. He just hates the fact that he is going to marry a stranger that he has never met before. He is not against the idea of getting married but he wants someone that he loves to be his wife who will be by his side for the rest of his life. He is disappointed at how his parents broke their promise of giving him the freedom to choose his own spouse. At the same time, he knows he has no power to reject the marriage planned for him as he failed to bring the girl of his choice to meet with them. It is partially his fault but he refuses to admit his defeat.  That is why he keeps on showing how he is not interested in involving himself into the wedding preparation. The news about the wedding spreads in the Palace in no time. No one can say no to the marriage arranged by the King and the Queen. That is how the marriage goes as they plan. Kim Jangmi is furious at the news she heard because it is her dream to be the Crown Princess of this country. She doesn’t get it why her father’s proposal to the King to marry her to Lee Shin got rejected. She is beautiful. She is a minister’s daughter which makes her comes from a very good family. Her mother comes from a wealthy family. Her older brother Kim Jeongshin is a very intellectual man. She has no idea of why Lee Shin needs to be married to an unknown girl. She knows that she shouldn’t give up just yet. She is aware of how difficult it is to get Lee Shin’s attention and she is very sure the soon to be Crown Princess will be treated very poorly by him too. She still has the chance to win his heart. She doesn’t really care about feelings but she wants that status of becoming the future Queen of this country.

 

 

Three years have passed like an afternoon breeze. Jinju has never been visited by her husband, Lee Shin, not even once. Though they are married but they are staying in two different quarters far away from each other. Jinju remains as a lady just like before she got married. This married couple never spent the night together after their so called wedding night. She remains untouched by her own husband up until today. Though the plans for them to sleep together (to give them space to conceive) are multiple times made ahead, he gave so many excuses when the time came. The reasons go from exhaustion, unfit, unwell, not in the mood and it goes to more and more childish reasons. The actual reason is he is disgusted by his own wife. He feels like she doesn’t suit him at all. He literally only saw her a few times in these three years of marriage. And it was when he is forced to. He doesn’t want to waste his time with the unknown girl. He rather spends his valuable time with Jangmi. It really is a surprise. He decided to give her a chance exactly after the marriage. It is his way to show his rebelling side to his parents who forced him into the meaningless marriage. And his parents know him so well that they are very sure that one day, he will definitely surrender to his own wife and that he will come kneeling in front of them saying his gratitude for marrying her to him. They know that he is only waiting for the right time to realize his own feelings. It is not that they don’t know how stubborn and arrogant he is. That is why they rejected Minister Kim’s idea to marry Jangmi to Lee Shin because he doesn’t need someone who is as stubborn and arrogant as he is to accompany him in the future. They don’t understand why only after the marriage, he got very close with Jangmi. He doesn’t need her. He needs Jinju as his perfect company to be a great leader of this country.

 

 

It is definitely different for Jinju. The first time she saw Lee Shin, she fell in love at that very first sight. And that first time she saw him was on their wedding day. It was her first experience falling in love and it just felt right as he was her truthfully husband. She felt like she was the luckiest girl to be married with that good looking Crown Prince. She thought that they would live happily ever after together but she was wrong. It never happened. And Lee Shin has consistently showed her that she is not welcomed in the Palace and he just proudly introduced Jinju to his lover. He obviously shows her how much he hates her and she doesn’t have any idea of why he does. As Lee Shin never asks for her, she has so much free time to herself. She spends her time reading and writing as the Palace has the biggest library she has ever seen. She spends most of her time there. She also loves to take a walk in the garden during the nights just to star gazing or during the days just to see the beautiful flowers. She also loves to cook so she will sometimes go to the kitchen secretly to personally cook for herself and her people. She spends her time like that the past three years. As she has very kind people beside her, she never feels like she is alone. She is thankful for that. At least, she has them with her all the time to accompany and to entertain her.

 

 

Three years living in the Palace as unneeded wife of the Crown Prince, Jinju has found more interesting hobbies to fill her free time. Other than doing stuffs that show the feminine side of her, she also finds something to do with her physical strength. One day, when she was taking a stroll around the Palace, she saw some people were horse riding. She was fascinated by the joy and fun they had doing so. So she asked for the permission to join the team from the King. Actually girls normally are not allowed to join extreme activities like that but as the King knew that she just wanted to kill her time, he gave her the permission hoping that one day, she would stop and quit the horse riding by herself. Unfortunately, he was wrong. Jinju has been horse riding more than two years now and she is as good as the special Royal guards at handling the horses. Simultaneously, she also started archery and martial arts as she thinks it is important for a Crown Princess to at least know how to defend herself especially when it is an emergency. She is a fast learner, so only after few months of learning how to use the sword, she is already good at it. And because of that, the Queen gifted Jinju her very first personal sword that is specially made for her. The King and the Queen are both surprised at how a lady-like girl like Jinju can handle all the exhaustion of learning all the three activities normally only men are interested in. Their daughter in law only says that she is really fine and once she started learning these new talents, she feels much better and she says that it also helps with her psychological health. They are relieved as they don’t want her to over-used her energy on things that she doesn’t have to involve. But she looks happy doing those activities so they know that they made a right decision to let her do them.

 

 

Though Lee Shin’s relationship with Jangmi is now basically known to almost everyone in the Palace, the King and the Queen still ignore his idea of replacing Jinju with Jangmi as they don’t see the Crown Princess’s quality in her. They know how pampered and spoilt she is. They know how she was raised and that is mainly the main reason why they don’t want her to be married to their son. She won’t survive being the Crown Princess and she won’t be any help when one day Lee Shin becomes the King. She may be excellent at entertaining Lee Shin as a man but she just can’t help him with anything related to the country’s matters. That is why they tried their hardest to find someone that is perfect for their son when he failed to bring one. They are aware that Jinju is struggling to get her husband’s attention but she never shows that to them. She is such a very strong and understanding young lady. She always smiles when she comes to visit them in their quarter. She likes to write them beautiful poems to entertain them and she is also good at singing and dancing. Sometimes she would show them her excellent sword handling art. She also joins the King when he is out to practice his archery skills and it is happily watched by the Queen. They are happy every time she comes to see them. They are grateful to have chosen this precious girl. They just hope that one day Lee Shin will open his heart and his eyes for her. They really want to see them as a normal happy married couple who love each other. They really hope that they can see that soon.

 

 

SooJoong, Lee Shin’s younger sister, the one and only Princess in the family also hates Jinju. She is not that close with her. She only met her a few times. Her status as a commoner before becoming the Crown Princess of this country makes her feel disgusted of her existence in the Royal family. One of the prime reasons for her to hate her sister in law is when Jinju unknowingly went to the garden when she was there. She is known to hate sharing the garden with outsiders when she is there. She needs the garden all to herself and Jinju was not aware of that. She apologized right away when she found that out but she unfortunately got ignored. Just like her brother, she doesn’t want to waste her time on this commoner. As SooJoong is close with Jangmi, she is told so many lies and rumors about Jinju and she believes every single story told by Jangmi. She never gives Jinju any chance to get close with her but she has no powers to do so when she is around her parents. They don’t like her acting that way to her one and only sister in law. But SooJoong just ignores her parents’ advice as for her; she is just a no body. Even her brother ignores his own wife then she thinks why she should bother to accept her in her life. She was one of the happiest when she found out that Lee Shin wanted to give Jangmi a chance to start a relationship with him. It is because she knows how much Jangmi wants to be his wife. She knows Jangmi well and that is why she is being very supportive of his relationship with Jangmi. She is treated nicely by Jangmi and that is why she ignores all the rumors about her bad attitude towards others. Plus she has known her for the longest she can remember, she is used to see the arrogant side of her. For SooJoong, it is normal.

 

 

Being hated by these people doesn’t stop Jinju from acting like usual. Three years living this way, it has become a normal life for her. But still she never fails to smile whenever she meets them especially during the family meal time and tea time. Though she is treated very coldly by the Crown Prince and the Princess, the King and the Queen treat her very warmly. They always talk to her and treat her like their own daughter. She is comfortable to be around them. She can feel their sincere love and care for her. It is also her favorite time of the day because it is the only time that she gets to see her husband. Though he never looks at her, she is just happy to be in the same place with him. During the first year of their marriage, she would spend hours just to choose the most beautiful dress she has to wear during these times hoping that her husband would finally notice her but he never did. She then gave up and just be herself praying that one day, her husband would come to like her for who she really is. She kept on waiting and another two years have passed since then. Jinju is a girl who has the purest heart that only a few appreciate. She is fine being ignored by her own husband because she is aware that she is not chosen by him but his parents. She knows that facing people like them, she needs extra patience and that is what she has been doing for the past three years. She can only survive that way. There is no use for her to fight the battle that everyone is attacking her from every corner. It is impossible to win. It most likely equals to taking her own life. And she doesn’t want to do that.

 

 

One day, SooJoong got proposed by Prince George from France who came to Korea to discuss the trade affairs between the two countries. But he seems to have some hidden agendas as he works closely with Jangmi’s father, the trade minister of the country. As Jinju spends most of her time in the library, she overheard the discussion they made during few of their secret meetings. She tried to reach Lee Shin but the only thing that he can do for her is ignoring her. And because of that, she goes to meet the King and the Queen in their quarter to ask for their permission to allow her interference with the country’s affairs’ discussions or meetings because she wants to know what is actually going on. To them, she only says that she wants to get more exposure so that she will get used to it. It is like a practice. The King and the Queen are surprised for her sudden request but they accept it with a very open heart. They are happy that she is showing her interest in the country’s matters. They have been waiting for it actually because it is such a waste if she doesn’t use her intellects and intelligence for the country. Her helps are definitely welcomed in making the country a better place for the people. Plus she was a commoner before becoming a Crown Princess, so she sure knows better about the people living outside the Palace. That is one of the reasons why the King and the Queen chose her to be the Crown Princess.

 

 

Everyone is surprised to see Jinju joining the official meeting between the two countries. She takes her seat next to the Crown Prince who seems to be the most surprised one to see her in the hall. He is confused of why there is an extra seat next to his, now he knows why as the owner has already arrived. She is the last person he can think of to be right there. Jinju just ignores his annoyed stares and just focuses on her main intention of joining the meeting. She looks at the King and he looks happy to see her there. She slightly bows to him. The meeting starts with France doing the presentation on the three main things they ask from the government. These three main matters are their proposal to marry SooJoong, building an international relationship with the country and the final one is to start a trading project with them. Thanks to Jinju’s love for reading, she understands every detail of the requests which when explained elaborately, it gives them more loss than profits. The discussion is made very unfairly as the translator is the trade minister himself, Minister Kim, Jangmi’s father. She realizes that he doesn’t translate and explain the whole things to the King and the present audience. He only translates a small part of it and it is only the basic ones but he doesn’t translate the more serious ones. She knows why he does it that way. He has the hidden agenda made between him and Prince George and sure Jinju won’t let them do it their way. She can’t stay quiet and she interrupts the discussion without any warnings and it surprises everyone in the hall except for the King.

 

 

She starts to talk as she can’t tolerate further mistranslations. “Excuse me, Minister Kim. I know you have done this work for a very long time and I am so sure that you know your job the best. From what I heard and saw this last hour, your explanation seems to be the opposite of what we are actually discussing here. So please if you want to be a translator or an interpreter, please do it correctly and fairly. And if you find it hard to do two works simultaneously, I am here to help you. We are discussing the country’s matters right here, right now. We are not talking about what to cook later for dinner or what to wear tomorrow for the festival. We are talking about the country’s future and most importantly we are talking about Princess SooJoong’s future. Please stop wasting everyone’s time by translating only 10% of the contents and start explaining the whole thing. You have to make the King and everyone here understand about Prince George true purpose coming here. Please translate and explain it again from the very beginning. This time, please do it right.” Minister Kim glares at her. He is embarrassed to be reprimanded that way by someone who is way younger than him and furthermore, she is just a normal unexperienced girl in his eyes. “Prince George, I just want you to know that I speak your language.” Jinju says to the anxious prince. The King smiles at her as he expects to see that side of her. Everyone else is just staring at her blankly as they never know that she has a brilliant brain. Plus her ability of speaking foreign language and the way she talks to the Minister Kim who is known to be very hot tempered really shocked them. They thought that she is just a typical commoner who doesn’t know how to read and write. They totally got it wrong and they start to see her in a different light.

 

 

Jinju realizes how people start whispering to each other after her blunt interruption during the discussion but she doesn’t care about that. She only cares about the country’s future and of course SooJoong’s. The discussion finally goes to the right way. Knowing that Jinju is checking every details of the meeting, Minister Kim is not that brave to explain the matter in a wrong way. He gives a very detail explanation without leaving any points. Though he seems to be not satisfied with his action, he doesn’t try to manipulate anything until the end of the meeting. Lee Shin stands up; he gives her a sharp gaze and asks her to meet him outside after the meeting. Jinju leaves the meeting hall after making an appointment to have a personal meeting with Prince George once Minister Kim leaves the hall and he agrees to her right away as she speaks with him in his language very fluently. He knows that he needs to fix everything now. After what happened earlier in the meeting, he starts to think twice to do some funny business with them. He needs to sort things out. He wants to come clean to Jinju as she somehow seems to know something about his private meetings with Minister Kim. He needs to explain himself before something more serious happens. Furthermore, he really wants to marry SooJoong because he actually loves her. He saw her once during his previous visit and he could not forget about her since then.

 

 

Outside the meeting hall, Lee Shin is waiting for Jinju. She rushes to him. Once he knows that she is standing behind him he starts to speak. “What the hell were you doing in the meeting hall earlier? You were embarrassing me. You have no rights to join the meeting. Who do you think you are? Who gave you the permission to join the meeting? And why did you do that to Jangmi’s father?” He literally yells at her. He doesn’t care how his people and hers can hear their conversation well. He has no respects towards the poor wife. And she expected this from the very beginning she entered the hall earlier. She is ready for this outburst. She carefully looks at him before answering his questions. “The King gave me the permission to join the meeting. I am all aware that I am a no body but I was just trying to save the country and Princess SooJoong. I am just doing what I thought necessary. I can’t just close my eyes and let things go ugly when I know that I can do something to make things right. I know you don’t like this but I can’t just ignore it and let others ruin this country. I can’t just pretend like I don’t know what is going on when I know exactly what is happening behind this. I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to embarrass you, Crown Prince. I know you hate seeing me in the meeting hall but please bear with this for a while for the better future of this country and the people. And for Minister Kim, I didn’t mean to embarrass him but I was just correcting him. I was aware of their plan and their real attention.” She tries to explain her main intention.

 

 

Lee Shin smirks and starts to laugh. He looks at his wife. “You must be dreaming right now. Hey girl! Wake up! I don’t think we need you to do that. The ministers are capable enough to handle this matter. We don’t need you as much as I don’t need you to be my future Queen. I don’t know what is wrong with you but normally people will leave when they know that they are not welcomed here. But look at you; you don’t seem to realize that. Don’t you know what I feel about you? Let me tell you. I hate you! I hate seeing you here. I hate everything about you. Do you know how tortured I feel to be married to someone like you? I am so pitiful to be forced into this meaningless marriage! If only you were Jangmi, I would be happily married by now and most probably I would already be a father of beautiful kids. But unfortunately you are not her. You don’t deserve to be the mother of my children. I don’t want my children to be embarrassed to have a mother like you. You are just a commoner who doesn’t know her place in this Palace.” He says it arrogantly looking straight to her face demanding for a response from her. He has no idea that his words are killing her inside. It is painful. It is hurtful. But Jinju is used to it. Three years worth of yelling, it is now more like a normal tone of talking between her and the Crown Prince. Not even a day, he ever speaks softly or manneredly with her. Her status as his official wife is nothing in his eyes. Hatred fills the two beautiful eyes whenever Jinju looks at them. She is all aware that she is hated by him.

 

 

Jinju looks at her angry husband. “Dear Crown Prince, I am all aware that you hate me so much. For the past three years, it is more than enough for me to know your true feeling about me. Not only you, but also Princess SooJoong, Jangmi and her family, they all hate me too. I know everything. But my status as the Crown Princess of this country doesn’t allow me to stay quiet not doing anything when I knew things were not right. I can’t ignore the fact that there are some people trying to do something bad to this country and to the Royal family especially. They do it secretly. I can’t stand still looking at them doing their dirty plans without doing anything when I know I can do something to stop it. I don’t think I can do that. I know that you don’t need me, not as a wife, not as a queen, not as anyone. I know that I am just a no body for you. Everything else is more important to you than me. I have no value in your life, I am aware of that. I know how disgusting I am in your eyes. I am not going to blame you to have that thought. Yeah, I absolutely have no rights to be the mother of your future kids. Your kids should be brought in this world out of love. And that important ingredient in them is not with me. The only thing that you have for me is hatred. I know that. Please do not worry. I don’t think I have much time left. I don’t think I will be here the day you become the King of this country which only means, by that time arrives, the Queen who will be standing beside you is not me. I can assure you that.” She says that to him. And that attracts his attention. “Are you dying or something?” He asks. She doesn’t answer it. She just smiles to that question. “I am sorry it took me three years to leave. But I just want you to know that it only took me a night to know how much you hate me. I can see that in your eyes for the past three years. It is clean and clear. That is why; I am going to leave soon. I wish for your endless happiness and health, Crown Prince. While I am still here, please let me do what I can to help solving this hidden serious problem. When everything is done, I will quietly leave. I promise you.” She says that before leaving with her people. She doesn’t want to explain more because she knows that the Crown Prince won’t bother to listen.

 

 

On Jinju’s way to her quarter with tears in her eyes, she is stopped by SooJoong. She slaps her right on her face. Jinju is surprised to be suddenly attacked that way. “Why do you think you have the right to talk about my marriage? Who the hell are you thinking you are to interfere with that matter? Let me tell you. You are a NO BODY! You think your status as my brother’s wife is enough? Let me tell you something that you might do not know. He doesn’t love you. He has no feelings for you. He only loves Jangmi. He will never love you. He is disgusted by you.” She says to her sister in law who is clearly tearing up. “Princess SooJoong, I know all of that and because of that, I am trying my hardest to make sure you have a wonderful marriage. I don’t want you to be treated just like a mere object. The most important thing is I want to make sure that he really loves you. Why do I even bother when I know how much you obviously hate me? It is because I know how painful and lonely it is to be hated and neglected by your own husband. I don’t want others to feel the same way especially you because to me, you are like my own sister.” She explains to SooJoong. She smirks. “Excuse me, stop calling me your sister. I am the Princess. I am not your sister. Please stop dreaming.” She says to Jinju. “I am so sorry for getting your way for the past three years. It must be hard for you to see me in the Palace just like the Crown Prince told me earlier. Don’t worry. I am going to leave soon. As soon as I am done with this matter, you won’t see me again. I promise. Only few more days left now. So please be patient for the next few days. After that, you won’t see this face again. Be happy, okay Princess?” She says to her. SooJoong is curious. “Where are you going? Do you mean that my brother has finally decided to divorce you?” She asks. Jinju smiles at her. “I wish you a wonderful marriage Princess.” She then leaves. SooJoong is confused. ‘What is wrong with her?’ She starts to question herself.

 

 

Actually Jinju has her own plan when she talks about leaving the Palace soon. She won’t be literally leaving but it gives the same meaning. None of the Royal family knows that Jangmi has tried so many times to kill her by putting poisons in her foods and drinks but Jinju is lucky as Jangmi got caught each and every time. She also hired people to attack Jinju a few times on her way back to her quarter. Since the route is only used by her and her people, it can get very quiet. Plus no one is living in the old quarters that they have to pass to reach Jinju’s quarter. The path is dark and creepy during night times. During the day time, it looks like an abandoned area after a war. No one would expect a Crown Princess to live there with her people. Only some know about it and one of them is Jangmi. The attackers usually choose night time to do their mission because of the darkness will help them more but they also come to attack Jinju during the day a few times and she really thinks that Jangmi is getting really desperate. But thanks to Jinju’s ability to do martial arts and swordsmanship, she is capable to protect herself and her female helpers. Because of the unexpected dangers that they are facing, she makes sure all the female helpers get at least basic knowledge on self defense and she asks her bodyguards to teach them on days Jinju stays in her quarter only. Jangmi is furious because her plan is easily broken by Jinju but she is not giving up. Her final way is threatening to kill Jinju’s whole family in the countryside if she refused to give up her life. Jinju finally gives up but she asks Jangmi to give her time to settle the current problems between the two countries and Princess SooJoong’s marriage. She promised her that she would consume anything that she will be preparing for her without asking further when she successfully solved the problems. Jangmi agreed to her and she has been waiting for that time to arrive since then. She asks her father and brother for the updates about their discussion every single day. They feel like it is weird for her to show her interest in the country’s matters but her father is especially glad at the same time as for him, it is a very good sign.

 

 

Jinju actually has another secret that she has been keeping from the Royal family. She is not that well since months ago. She fainted many times before but no one knew about it except for her people who are very loyal staying beside her. Only a month ago she went to see the Royal physician to get checked and she was surprised to be diagnosed with stomach illness. He was surprised at how she has been living all these years because normally the symptoms can be detected at the earlier stage. She was told to eat the medicine given to her diligently to slower the spread of the illness in her body. And she has been doing that ever since. All the extreme activities she is involved, she has slowed down everything without quitting the whole thing because she doesn’t want people to realize something. She also has made the Royal Physician to keep her illness a secret from everyone especially to the King and the Queen because she doesn’t want them to feel worried about her condition. He agreed with a condition that she will let him know whenever she feels uncomfortable somewhere. He is worried because the Crown Princess’s quarter is situated far from everyone though they are actually staying in the same Palace. It takes longer to reach everywhere from her place. He doesn’t know why she is placed at that used to be neglected quarter. He doesn’t want anything bad to happen to the Crown Princess because he knows how valuable she is as a person. She will make a great Queen in the future with her knowledge and intellectual. The people will be treated more properly because she is very considerate and thoughtful. He has no idea why Lee Shin chose Jangmi over this precious pearl.

 

 

A day before the final meeting between the two countries’ affairs takes place, Jinju is asked to meet with the King and the Queen. She knows why. So she leaves the Palace Library as soon as possible to see her parents in law. She doesn’t want them to wait longer. On her way there, she encounters with Lee Shin, Jangmi and her brother Kim Jeongshin who are walking towards the same direction and also both SooJoong and Prince George who seem like they just left the King’s quarter. Prince George who realizes that Jinju is there starts to initiate for a conversation. “Crown Princess, I have discussed further with the King and the Queen. I am going to prepare the letters by tonight. So tomorrow by the time the final meeting is done, you can come and pick them up from me. Is that okay with you?” He informs her. “Thank you for doing as you promised me. I really appreciate that. I will see you again tomorrow. I really hope that we will see the ending that we are hoping for.” She replies. He nods. “I hope for the same thing. I believe we have done everything to make sure that both countries’ relationships will be just fine. Thank you so much for helping me out and for not punishing me without giving me any chance to correct my mistakes.” He further says to her. She nods. “I can see your pure love for her. So I really hope you use this chance to prove it not only to me but to everyone. I hope I don’t make any mistakes that will ruin her happiness. Please appreciate her. She is like a sister to me. Do love her with all of your heart.” She says taking a glance at SooJoong who is glaring at her. “I will make her the happiest wife on earth. I will not disappoint you and everyone. Thank you again.” He says bowing to her. “What is going on? What are you two talking about?” SooJoong interrupts. As both Prince George and Jinju are speaking in French not to let Jangmi and Jeongshin know what is going on, no one understands what they are talking about. “It is nothing. We are just wishing everyone all the best for the real battle tomorrow. There is nothing important. Let’s go. I will send you to your quarter.” Prince George says to her to avoid any misunderstandings. She wants to say more but her words are cut by Jeongshin.

 

 

“Can I talk to you for a while? Do you have time?” Jeongshin bravely asks for Jinju’s time in front of everyone. “I only have time for one specific person. I don’t have time for another.” She replies. She is actually uncomfortable with his obvious intention behind his ridiculous actions. “Stop wasting your time for him. He doesn’t need you.” He replies pointing at Lee Shin who is standing not too far from her. He is surprised to hear that blunt statement from Jeongshin. “I know. Everyone knows that. But still, you can’t change anything. Even I can’t change my decision. And please, I repeatedly asked you to stay away from me. Which part of my sentences that you did not understand? Yes! My husband doesn’t need me. But it doesn’t mean you can take his place in my life. Your wife is waiting for you. She loves you so much. Please learn how to appreciate her. As you ask me not to waste my time waiting, please do the same thing. Stop asking for something that is impossible for you to get. I will never be yours. I am not meant to be yours at the very first place. Please stop doing silly things. Please appreciate her. Stop hurting her. You don’t know when and where you will get hurt. Just hope that when the time comes and when you realize that you have been doing wrong all this while, she is still there to fix you. You don’t have to worry about my life. It is not something for you to think about. It is none of your business. For now, please let me live my life peacefully. Leave me alone.” Jinju replies. She knows it is not appropriate for her to disclose everything in front of everyone but she has dealt with him enough. But he never really wants to understand.

 

 

“Who are you to say that to my brother?” Jangmi who feels furious to see Jinju looks down to her brother yells at her. “I am the Crown Princess of this country.” Jinju replies shortly. Jangmi then laughs very loudly that all other four except for Jinju are looking at her strangely. “You must be joking. It was really funny though. You? The Crown Princess? Lee Shin never acknowledges your existence. He hates you so much. You must be dreaming.” She says looking at Jinju with a smirk on her face. “Yes, that is true. He hates me so much. I know. And everyone knows that. But it doesn’t change the fact that I am the one and only Crown Princess of this country. His feeling for me doesn’t affect the title that I am holding since three years ago. It is the title that comes with big responsibility. His hatred for me doesn’t let me ignore the disasters and the ugly sides that I witness in this Palace. It is my responsibility as the Crown Princess to fix everything that I can. I can’t ignore it because I am not loved by my husband. Being loved by the Crown Prince is not the condition for my status as the Crown Princess of this country to be valid. Nothing changes that fact and no one can deny that.” She makes herself clear. Jangmi is surprised to hear her reply because it is so true. “Do you think you will be the Crown Princess for a long time?” She asks picking a fight. “You tell me.” Jinju replies with still calm expression but looking at her with her sharp gaze. Jangmi steps back. She knows that she almost spills the tea herself. No one should know that. Soon after that, she just walks away and leaves everyone there. Jeongshin realizes that something is wrong but he doesn’t say anything. He needs to recheck it real soon. He is disappointed with Jinju’s rejection but he expected that. He follows Jangmi behind.

 

 

“Crown Princess, the King and the Queen are expecting you. They are waiting for you.” The Royal secretary informs her. He has been witnessing the ‘fight’ from the very beginning. He knows who Jinju really is and he pities her a lot but he knows he has no power to help her. “Thank you so much. I’ll see them now.” Jinju replies before leaving the group. When she is entering the quarter, she feels a presence next to her. She looks at her right. Standing there is Lee Shin. The secretary is surprised to see him there so he unintentionally sends him ‘what are you doing here’ look to him. “I have something to discuss with my father.” Lee Shin explains. The secretary nods so he announces the couple’s arrivals. Both of them are now standing in front of the sitting King and Queen. They are smiling looking at the unexpected arrival of the couple. Jinju looks at Lee Shin to give him the way first to say what he is there for. He looks at her. “You go ahead.” He says with his stern voice. She nods. Jinju starts to share what she has prepared for tomorrow’s final meeting with the France’s representative. For the past few days, she has been busy collecting information and proof that will be needed to defend the country from losing to their previous false presentations. She purposely doesn’t mention about what is going on between Minister Kim and Prince George because she doesn’t want Lee Shin to know about it now. She is afraid that he will make unneeded interruptions to stop her doing what she must. She has a very limited time left. So she really hopes that everything will go as she plans. When she is done with her update, the Queen comes to stand in front of her holding Jinju’s hand. She touches it smoothly. “Thank you so much Crown Princess for doing all this.” She says to her. Lee Shin who has no idea what is going on looks confused. “This is the least thing I can do as the Crown Princess of this country.” She replies smiling at her loving mother in law. She is pulled into a hug. “One day, Lee Shin will know everything and he will stop torturing you.” She whispers that word to her. Jinju just smiles at her. ‘That one day will never come.’ She says in her heart. “Please excuse me. I need to go back to my quarter now. I will see you again tomorrow.” Jinju asks for their permission to leave. She is not interested to join the discussion Lee Shin has with his parents. Her parents in law nod and let her go.

 

 

Jinju is only few meters away from the King’s quarter when Lee Shin stops her. She doesn’t expect to see him there as she thought she heard that he had to discuss something with the King. “Do you have any secrets that you keep from me?” He asks her asking for an explanation that he thinks he deserves. There was too much information he heard while standing next to her earlier. He literally went there to know about her plan. He didn’t have anything to discuss with the King. Both his parents were surprised when he left without saying anything. He ran after Jinju who was leaving. Jinju nods. “Yes, I have many.” She answers. Lee Shin is attacked by her unexpected answer. “What? Why didn’t you tell me anything? Do you like my parents looking at me like stupid Crown Prince?” He asks in anger. “I tried to tell you so many times. I tried to reach you. But you were never reachable. Whenever I came to see you, you were never available for me. That was why I reached out to the King straight away because I don’t want things to get uglier. I didn’t mean to make you look bad in front of anyone.” She explains. He is silent because she only speaks the truth but he is just too ego to admit. “Do you really enjoy your status as the Crown Princess? Is that what you wanted all this while?” He blurts it out. She looks at him in disbelief. “Is that what you think about me for the past three years? I am enjoying myself being a Crown Princess?” She asks him. He nods right away. She sighs. “I never wanted to be one. But I have no other choice when I have become one. I need to do my responsibility as the Crown Princess of this country while I am still one. I know you hate it, though I still have no clue why you hate me so much. If I ever did something wrong to you, I sincerely apologize. I better leave now. I have a very long way to go.” She excuses herself when she sees that there is nothing to talk about.

 

 

Two steps, Jinju takes. “Do you know why you are placed that far?” Lee Shin asks her trying to provoke. She nods. He doesn’t expect that nod. He was about to tell her the truth because he knows he can hurt her more that way but she already knew. “It is because you don’t want to see me.” She answers shortly. “Who told you that?” He asks because he doesn’t think his parents would tell her the truth behind all this. They promised him. “No one. But I think I am mature enough to get that sign.” She replies with her calm voice. “You know it is very far away from here but why do you always spend your time in the library? Do you have something that you hide there?” He asks the question that he has been so curious about. “The Palace Library is the closest place to you that I can be, hoping that one day when you ask for me, you don’t have to wait longer for me to arrive. Though I know that one day will never come, I still keep holding onto that tiny hope. But I think, spending my time in the library waiting for you really helps me to know so many secrets happening in the Palace. Since it is always very quiet and there are not many people there, it has become a place where bad people do their meetings full with ill intentions towards the Royal family.” She starts to share the secret. “Royal family is not your family. Why do you care so much? Are you scared that your status will be taken away if something happened?” He asks questions fill with suspicious thoughts in his head. “To you, yes I am not a Royal family member but to me, this is my family since the day I got married to this country’s Crown Prince. That is why I care. I am trying to protect my family. That is my responsibility because I know what is going on. I can’t close my eyes acting like I don’t know. I am doing what I can as the current Crown Princess. I know you won’t believe me. You never will. I hope one day, when you have stopped hating me, please whispers to the wind telling it that your hatred for me has gone. So the wind can tell that information to me. I will see you tomorrow. Have a good rest. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day.” She bows before starts walking leaving him behind.

 

 

The very next day, the final meeting takes its place. Jinju comes the earliest. She reads a book while waiting for everyone to fill the empty hall. Fifteen minutes later, Lee Shin’s arrival is announced. She bows to him when he is already sitting next to her. She continues reading. Lee Shin is just looking at her being so curious about the book. The King and the Queen arrive ten minutes later and the meeting starts.  They manage to get an agreement that will lead to a better future for both countries and the marriage date between Prince George and Princess SooJoong will be finalized soon. The meeting ends two hours later. Previously Prince George sincerely told Jinju that he actually fell in love with Princess SooJoong the first time he saw her. He also promised that he would make her the happiest princess on earth. He was willingly providing a written black and white contract as his promise that he is not playing around with his proposal to marry Princess SooJoong. He swore with his life to make her happy. Jinju is happy to finally get to make sure SooJoong ‘s happiness. She is finally ready to leave now. The news about the successful meeting between the two countries and the marriage that will be held this year spreads in the Palace. The King and the Queen are beyond happy to see Jinju proving her ability in handling country’s affairs. They know they made the right choice to make her a part of their family. Jangmi is also very excited as the time has finally come. She needs to order one of her people to prepare something special for Jinju tonight.

 

 

After the final meeting between the two countries, Jinju goes to the quarter where Prince George is staying with his people to get the copies of letters he already prepared for her. She goes there accompanied by her people. She spends a good half an hour to tell him her final words before leaving the Palace most probably later tonight. She leaves after that. On her way going down the stairs, she meets with the Crown Prince, Princess SooJoong, Lady Jangmi and her father. They are all about to meet with Prince George. Seeing her there, both Jangmi and her father leave the area glaring at her almost immediately. They cancel their plan as they don’t want their secret to be known to the siblings. Jinju looks at them until they are vanished from her sight. “What are you doing here at my soon to be husband’s place? Do you have some hidden agendas?” Princess SooJoong is actually jealous to see her there. She doesn’t get to answer as Prince George is already by the door welcoming his fiancé. “Please welcome in my dear Princess SooJoong. I am so sorry. I didn’t realize that you are already here. Please come in. Crown Prince, welcome in.” He welcomes the siblings. He is actually curious of why Jinju is still there as she told him earlier that she wanted to visit the King and the Queen at their quarter. “SooJoong, you go first. I need to talk to this girl.” Lee Shin says to his sister. SooJoong then leaves to see her fiancée leaving the couple there.

 

 

Lee Shin is about to say something to Jinju when he is stopped by her. “Are you busy right now?” She asks him. He just shakes his head. “Shall we go there and talk?” Jinju says pointing at the big tree and she starts walking without waiting for his response. He lets his breath out harshly and he follows her behind as he doesn’t have any choice. “What the hell were you doing in the Prince George’s quarter? What are you trying to do actually? The decision is made final. What other business do you have with him?” He starts letting everything out as soon as he stops in front of his wife. He looks very serious while she only looks very calm as if she is used to be yelled at. Well, yeah, she is really used to it. She can’t remember how much she is yelled at by the Crown Prince since she came into the Royal family more than three years ago. She looks at the angry prince. “I am not going to say anything now but one day, when you find out why I am doing everything that I do now, could you please stop hating me? Though I am very sure that I won’t be around to witness it, I believe my soul will still be happy.” She says to her husband. “Why don’t you just explain it to me now?” He is angry at how she is replying at him. “It is because whatever I am saying right now or how ever I try to explain it to you, you won’t believe me. You won’t even bother trying to understand. So I think it is better for me not to waste your time on this matter. Let time decides and tells the truth. I think it is a wiser decision I can make at this moment.” She stops as she is waiting for his reply but surprisingly he doesn’t say anything.

 

 

Seeing how Lee Shin is not getting mad at her after what she said just now, Jinju remembers that she got something important to say to him. She knows that she only has a little time left for her in the Palace. She needs to do it now. “Three years ago, I will give it back to you. It is the day when you were happy with your life when I was not around. I am so sorry for being here and wasting your time on this marriage. But I just want you to know that I was happy all this while. So now that I am going to finally leave, I wish you endless happiness as I won’t be here to stop you. Be happy and stay healthy. Start a family with your loved one. Please say hi to your future kids for me. I believe they will be the happiest children to have a father like you. Be a great King, husband and father. Please forget all the painful memories you have with this Crown Princess. Your wonderful future will only be a reality without me.” She lowers her head and gives him her final bow. She looks deeply in his eyes as she is smiling sweetly at him. Lee Shin is confused at his place. He is surprised to see this serious side of Jinju. She looks so determined that she is going to leave soon. “Why are you talking like this? It is as if I am not going to meet you again.” He can’t help but to ask her that question. “This meeting is merely a coincidence. And I don’t know when the next coincidence will be. It can be next month or next year. I don’t know if I will still be here that time or not. So while you spare me your precious time, I just want to tell you everything that I want to say to you.” She explains without telling him the truth. “Are you really dying?” He asks her. “No one knows what the future holds for all of us. Death is something that will happen to us sooner or later. So just think that I am really dying soon. I know it won’t change anything. I got somewhere else to go. Thank you for giving me your time. Please live happily my Crown Prince.” She bows and she leaves him without waiting for his reply. Lee Shin is still there looking at his wife until she is lost from his sight. The way she talked to him earlier, it looks like it was her final time to see him. He has no idea that it might be one of the final times he is going to see her alive. He is dumbfounded. Something in him seems to feel the strange feeling. It is painful inside. He decides to leave to his quarter and just lets his sister to have a personal time with her soon to be husband.

 

 

“The Crown Princess is here.” The Royal guard announces loudly to inform the King and the Queen about Jinju’s arrival to meet them. The King nods his head giving the permission. Jinju enters the King’s quarter carefully and she bows when she is already in front of them. “How are you Crown Princess?” The King asks her. “I am fine. Thank you for asking.” She replies. “How’s your body? Is it still painful?” The Queen asks being worried of what happened few weeks ago. She purposely didn’t ask her that question yesterday because Lee Shin was around. He hates it when they are so worried about Jinju. The truth is, Jinju passed out in front of him a few weeks ago. He had no choice but to let her rest in his place for a while as his parents ordered him to. They asked him to call for the Royal physician to get her checked but he didn’t do it without informing them. Once Jinju got her consciousness back, he forced her to leave his place almost immediately though at that time, she looked really exhausted and it showed on her pale face but he didn’t care about it. He didn’t want her to spend more time in his place. Her people were surprised to see the sick Jinju going down the stairs with a lot of difficulty. Lee Shin was there only looking at her without having any thoughts to lend her his hand. He was so sure that Jinju was only acting to get his attention. Jinju walked slowly to her quarter leaving his place with the help of her people holding her left and right. The Royal physician was called once she arrived at her quarter. He was surprised to see the Crown Princess’s condition that has become worse despite having consuming the medicine he gave her. He was sure that her tortured feelings and her longing of her family were the two main reasons why she was not recovering well. But he didn’t want to give up just yet. He gave her an additional medicine to eat hoping that she would get better.  

 

 

“Everything is fine now. It is not painful anymore. I am all good. I am really sorry for making you both worried about me. I apologize for not being able to take a good care of my body. Thank you for your attention. By the way, I am here today to pass you this letter.” Jinju who is still standing while both of the King and the Queen are sitting at the provided stage looking at her who is now taking a letter out from the pocket of her dress. “Please come up here Crown Princess and sit with us.” The King says to her. They really treat her like their own daughter. She is given the special treatment as their family member. She bows before climbing the stairs approaching her parents in law. She sits in front of them before giving the letter to the King. He opens the letter and reads it right away. He is satisfied at the content of the letter. It is stated that Prince George has promised that he will love Princess SooJoong with all his heart, he will never betray her faith in him, he will never treat her poorly, he will never have any hidden ill agendas with anyone to destroy this country and he will never take any advantages towards this Royal family behind their backs. And that is what Jinju has been fighting for since she started joining the meetings. Though it was exhausting and too body demanding especially with her hidden sickness, she is happy with the result. She feels like her job here is done. Her responsibility as the Crown Princess of this country has come to its end. It is the perfect time to leave now.

 

 

“Crown Princess, thank you so much for doing this for us. I am never wrong for choosing you to be the Crown Princess for Lee Shin.” The King says to his daughter in law. “I am really sorry for not allowing you to visit your family. It is all for your safety. But I promise, one day when everything is well handled, I will allow you to visit them.” He further explains. Within more than three years living in the Palace, she never goes out for a purpose to visit her family. Though they keep on mentioning about her safety, she knows that they are worried if she doesn’t want to come back to the Palace again once she is given the permission to go for a visit to her family. “I understand. Thank you so much for all your never ending care and love for me for the past three years. I really appreciate it. Both of you really treat me well. I am touched. Thank you.” Jinju shares her thought. “Our beautiful Crown Princess, we don’t treat you like our daughter in law, we treat you like our own daughter. Parents should sincerely love their kid. I am sorry for Lee Shin’s ill treatment towards you. I feel really guilty.” The Queen says wiping her tears. “No, don’t worry about that. Don’t blame yourself. I am totally fine. Maybe we should now reconsider about his happiness. Princess SooJoong has finally found hers. It is just fair for us to think about the Crown Prince now. I know probably his choice is not a wise one but maybe if you open the opportunity for him to find his own, he will finally find his happiness. It has been three years since the first day he started suffering from this marriage. Could you please let him choose his own path to his happiness?” Jinju decides to start the conversation on this matter that she has been holding in for years. She wants to at least try again one final time. “Crown Princess, you know we don’t like to talk about this, right? His happiness is with you. He is just too ego to admit it. Trust me, one day, he will tell you everything. Can you just wait for a little bit?” The King says to her. She has been hearing the same excuse for the past years but still, nothing has changed. She has no idea what they are talking about. “I am really sorry. I will not talk about this again. If there is nothing else, I would like to ask for your permission to leave now. I want to go back to my quarter and take a rest.” She replies ending the conversation. “Yes, sure Crown Princess. Be careful. Thank you again for this.” The King says to Jinju holding the important letter. She just smiles and she bows. But before leaving the area, she gives him another letter, this time it is from her to the King. “Please open it when you think it is the right time to do so.” She says before leaving the quarter.

 

 

“Please come in Princess SooJoong. Please have a seat. Actually I have prepared some tea and some biscuits from France. I am not sure if you like it or not.” Prince George is nervous to finally have a one on one time with his fiancée. Princess SooJoong is touched at how well he is treating her. She takes a seat in front of a mini table where everything is prepared for her. “Thank you so much. I will try it. I really appreciate your hard work preparing all this.” She says looking at the varieties of foods that she sees for the first time. He sits in front of her pouring the tea. “What was that girl doing here?” She asks him. He stops pouring the tea. “Who?” He asks. “That girl who just left this quarter.” She replies. He can sense how unfriendly she is talking about her sister in law. “Oh, the Crown Princess?” He points it out. “Yeah, whatever. You don’t have to call her that. She is just a no body.” She replies showing her hatred towards Jinju. “But she is your brother’s wife. She is not a no body.” He pushes a bit that fact towards her to see her further reaction. “But she is just an unneeded wife. My brother doesn’t even love her. He hates her so much. Do you have any hidden relation with her?” She asks being suspicious. He shakes his head many times denying that question. “So why are you backing her up in front of me?” She asks him. “I am just curious. It is because she fought really hard to protect you. Not only that, she also tried her best to protect this country from the enemies. Why do you hate her so much when she cares a lot about you?” He informs her.

 

 

Princess SooJoong looks at him in disbelief. “What does illiterate girl like her know what to do when it comes to country’s affairs?” She asks. He shakes his head. “I think you don’t know who she really is. She is really brilliant. She speaks my language and few other languages too fluently. She is a very smart girl. Despite being a girl, she knows more than enough to be a good minister of this country. It is not too much to say that she can make a great King if she was a man. She is aware of what is going on in her surroundings. She knows what is happening inside the Palace more than you or your brother do. How does she know? She spends most of her time reading and writing. While doing that, she unintentionally encounters with so many hidden ill plans happening here in the Palace to destroy your family and this country. Do you know Trade Minister Kim?” He asks her. She nods. “Yeah, I know him. I am very close with his daughter, Jangmi. She is my brother’s lover but because of that girl (Jinju), they are not allowed to get married.” She shares some information about her brother. “Your brother? The Crown Prince Lee Shin?” He asks making sure. She nods. “He is lucky for not marrying her. He is way luckier to have the current Crown Princess to be his wife. She is the smartest girl I have ever seen. With her intellect, she can help him to lead this country in the future. Working together, they will create a better country. Trust me.” He says to his fiancée. “What do you mean? Why do you say that about Jangmi? And why do you praise that girl (Jinju) a lot? You don’t know her.” She asks him. She is dissatisfied at the way he is talking about Jinju. “And apparently, you don’t know your own sister in law too. And most important thing is, you don’t know who Jangmi and her family really are.” He replies. “What are you trying to say?” She asks. “She and her father tried to sell you to me.” He answers shortly. “What? You must be lying, right? And Jinju must be behind this lie.” She says to him. He shakes his head. He starts sharing the whole story about Jangmi’s family. He then gives her the letter that Jinju asks for him to write another copy for his fiancée. “And the girl that you hate the most, she tried her best to protect you. Read it.” He says to her. She starts crying after that. It is too much to handle in one day. ‘Where is my brother? He needs to see this.’ She says in her heart still sobbing.

 

 

Lee Shin is looking at the afternoon view out of the window of his quarter where he can see the garden clearly when he hears someone is calling him. The voice sounds very urgent. Suddenly the door is wide open. He can see his younger sister there panting as if she was just chased by someone. “Orabeoni! Why didn’t you join me earlier? Why did you leave?” SooJoong asks him after calming herself down. “I didn’t feel like going. Plus something came up. So I just went back here. Why? Did something happen?” He asks taking a seat in front of her. She nods. “There is a lot happened earlier. First of all, who is Jinju actually? Where did she come from? It has been more than three years she has become your wife but I only realized now that I know nothing about her.” She asks him. He is surprised to be asked that question. “She is just a random useless village girl that our father found when he went to have a visit to our people. And as you know, she has become a wife that I hate since three years ago. That is it. There is nothing that is important enough for you and for me to know about that girl. What did she do?” He answers without showing his curiosity. “Is that all that you know orabeoni?” She asks again giving her brother a chance to answer more but she is disappointed to see him nodding. As she thought, her brother also doesn’t know anything about his own wife. Both of them are no different. They are really the ignorant ones.

 

 

SooJoong gives the letter given by her fiancé to her brother. “What is this?” He asks. “Read it.” She says to him. When he is done reading, she continues. “Jinju, your wife made him do it because she doesn’t want me to face all the struggles as an unneeded wife she has been facing since she became the Crown Princess three years ago. She knows the best how hard it is to live as one. She asked Prince George to love me sincerely and to take a good care of me well after we got married. She also told him that a wife doesn’t need to be pampered with golds and diamonds from top to bottom, she only needs a little attention and sincere care from her husband. That is all. A wife doesn’t need anything else. She doesn’t want anyone else to face the fake side of being a wife. She doesn’t want me to face it because she really cares for me like her own sister. I never cared about her, not even once, I hated her so much but look at how she fought for me to make sure that Prince George is being serious with his feelings for me. She confronted him bravely and that was when he told her the whole truth about Jangmi and her family.” She pauses for a while looking at her brother who is not saying anything. He is just listening. Maybe he is digesting everything in. “What is wrong with her family?” He asks her when she doesn’t look like she will continue talking any soon. “They tried to sell me to Prince George in exchange of endless income from France to their personal account. Can you believe it?” She finally shares the shocking news about that family that they are very close to. “What????!!!” Lee Shin yells in disbelief. “Why the hell did they do that?” He asks. “Greed. Money changes people.” She can only say that. “But how did Jinju find out? What is the relation between this problem and her?” He asks. “She has her own room in the Palace Library. Are you aware of that?” She asks her brother and this time she expected that head shaking.

 

 

“No one knows except for our parents and few of her trusted people. She is given that special room because she always spends her time there reading and writing hoping that one day, you will look for her. You know how library is more reachable than her quarter from yours just in case you need her to be present. Thanks to you, she spends her time there being lonely because you never asked for her, not even once. Prince George just happened to encounter her there on his way to meet Minister Kim. They were discussing my marriage and their plans to take advantage out of it without telling anyone about it. They wanted to keep it a secret even to our family. Minister Kim has been doing this a lot before but he never got caught because he paid people to shut their mouth or he just ordered people to kill them. Jinju seemed to know that something was suspicious and she decided to eavesdrop. She was right. And do you know that she speaks many different languages?” She asks him. He again shakes his head. He then lowers his head feeling worn out. “Anyway, she found out that they had an ill plan and it would cause my happiness. As they planned for everything, they discussed in foreign language so that no one would find out and Jinju as the language expert, she got to know that there was actually a bigger problem waiting for our family. Minister Kim asked Prince George to help him getting the throne by marrying you off to Jangmi and the price was me as he asked for Minister Kim’s help to get me as he fell in love with me at the very first place the first time he came here few years ago.  Jinju didn’t want that to happen and that was when she asked our father’s permission to join the meeting. She confronted Prince George after that meeting and that was when he realized that he was dealing with the wrong person. To convince him, Minister Kim showed him his previous dirty works’ evidences. He managed to get a copy of everything and he passes them to Jinju. He knows that Jinju knows what to do next.” She stops for a while.

 

 

“What is the relation of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter