Kiss It Better

Kiss It Better

 

 

 

‘Hold the door!’ Jaejoong hollers as he barges into the office building five minute off his usual schedule and realizes that the elevator going upwards is full and leaving. It’s his third day at the new job and he’s already late.

 

‘Sorry! So so sorry,’ with an apology on his lips Jaejoong squeezes himself in between the twenty something people, elbowing a lady in the side. He can hear her groaning about the insufferableness of life, the whole scene reminding him of that one book he read about the many levels of hell. This must be one of the bottom ones.

Fearful, he prays that he is not the extra weight added to break the camel’s back and they will not plummet to their deaths in a metal box. There are better ways to die and being squashed by the office elevator in not one of them.

‘Floor fifteen,’ Jaejoong mumbles and hopes someone will push the button for him. With a quiet ‘ding’ the door closes and he’s smashed against one of the walls as if he’s punished for daring to exist. It’s stuffy, it’s uncomfortable, it still beats taking the stairs.

‘Oh God I’m going to be so late,’ he mumbles as he glances at the watch of one of his coworkers, praying that by some kind of a miracle he’s not going to be laid off.

That’s when a sharp, unpleasant feeling shoots through him, turning his attention elsewhere. Annoyed, Jaejoong scratches at his soulmark. It’s a nervous habit that he can’t help; whenever he’s stressed or annoyed, he needs to touch that patch of skin.

The tall guy he’s squeezed against looks down at him with a stern face and Jaejoong looks back. He almost wants to say ‘hey, I’m Jaejoong’ but holds back at the very last moment because what kind of a crazy thought is that? Even though the guy’s face is serious, he’s got kind eyes and really beautiful lips, and Jaejoong can’t help thinking how nice it would feel to have them pressed against his own.

Another really weird thought.

The guy doesn’t look like he wants to be there but, then again, nobody does.

Jaejoong stops staring at the stranger and looks down instead, letting out a frustrated sigh when he spots the reddening skin on his hand. There, between his thumb and index finger, lies his soulmark in the form of a cute little teddy bear. He used to think it’s the most adorable thing... when he was five. It stopped being cute when he entered high school and became downright obnoxious during university. While all his friends had elaborate designs of flowers, butterflies and wildlife animals, he had a teddy bear.

Jaejoong still gets embarrassed every time he meets new people. It’s no fun shaking hands with business partners when a teddy bear is looking back at them. It’s such an inconvenient placement as well-

Jaejoong lets out a muffled groan at a particularly painful stab and scratches his sensitive skin. The soulmark is really unrestful today, itching and burning and tingling like mad, as if he has a rash there. If he doesn’t stop, people around him will think he has some kind of a disease, so Jaejoong pries his fingers away from the itching skin.

The elevator stops at floor five but nobody gets off. Then at floor seven a jolly looking guy squeezes himself inside and smiles widely at Jaejoong. There’s another stop at floor ten but the person waiting at the door refuses to get in once he sees the state they all are in. One person gets off at floor thirteen and Jaejoong can’t believe the time it takes for the door to close again before it brings him to his destination on floor fifteen. On the next ‘ding’ he stumbles outside, taking a deep breath of relief.

The jolly guy gets off together with him and suddenly Jaejoong realizes he’s met him before, at the job interview, on the side.

‘Um… Junsu?’

‘Hey, Jaejoong. You’re late!’ the guy grins as he points to the brand new smartwatch on his wrist and shakes his head. ‘Isn’t it only your third day? Ha ha, I once knew a guy who was let off for being late for five minutes. And he’d worked here for ten years!’

Cold sweat breaks out on Jaejoong’s skin, making him feel more nervous than he did back in the overstuffed elevator.

‘But you’re lucky. Boss forgot his stuff so I went to snatch it for him so you can just join me at the meeting and pretend like nothing’s happened.’

‘How do you imagine that?’ Jaejoong asks because he’s is pretty sure that the boss will notice if two people instead of one enter the meeting room.

‘Eh, it’ll be ok,’ Junsu shrugs as if it’s the most common thing happening around here and starts walking to the conference room. Jaejoong sighs and accepts the offer for what it is, rubbing at his soulmark discreetly.

He flinches when Junsu turns around, eyes falling upon it.

‘Is it tingling? Burning? Is your soulmate nearby? Is he working at the same building as you are? Lucky! Office romances are the best!’ he giggles unreasonably and Jaejoong stares at him in horror.

Office romances are the worst! And an office romance with the teddy bear person? No way is he going to have any romance with someone who thinks teddy bears are cool.

‘Wait. How did you know my soulmate works here?’ he asks, suddenly confused by Junsu’s enthusiasm.

‘Whaaat? Have you forgotten?’ the other gasps, eyes bright as two stars in the clear night sky. ‘Tingling? Itching? Heating skin? Those are all the signs that your soulmate is close! Not many meet their destined ones, you know? And if he works here, I’m sure he’s rich. So lucky! He can take you places!’

‘He? Why does my soulmate have to be a ‘he’?’ Jaejoong huffs, peeved at the bold assumption, ‘it could be a beautiful woman as well,’ and he covers his soulmark from Junsu’s gaze, trying to hide its design. He’s sure Junsu is a nice person but he seems like a lot of trouble- one of those people who go out of their way to learn some juicy gossip just to spread it around the office later like germs during the Valentine’s.

‘Oh, come on JaeJae,’ Junsu grins as if he’s just heard an amusing joke, ‘guys who look like you don’t get together with beautiful ladies. Guys who look like you get together with rich sugar daddies who pamper and take care of them. In the past you would have without a doubt be a high class concubine covered in diamonds and gold, tending to your master’s every need. You’d probably have your own tiger and , like Jasmine.’

Jaejoong’s mouth hangs open, his ears feeling like they might burn off from shame. A sugar daddy? Master? A freaking tiger? Soulmate or not, Jaejoong’s paying for his own keep. He’s more than capable of earning his own money and doesn’t need a rich guy to make it happen.

Junsu catches a glimpse of his soulmark then and coos loudly over it.

‘Oh my God it’s the cutest thing ever! I bet your soulmate is adorable! Maybe it’s someone’s kid! Love has no age after all, you could be a sugar daddy yourself!’ he cheers just when he stops at the conference room and disappears inside of it.

‘What nonsense,’ Jaejoong grumbles as he follows his colleague, hoping that Junsu will accidentally fall down the stairs and break his neck.

 

***

 

 

Jaejoong arrives five minutes early the next day. Much to his disappointment, the elevator is as packed as ever and he has to squeeze himself among all the people once again. He accidentally elbows a lady in the gut and steps on someone’s foot.

 

A couple of ‘sorry’s’ later the door closes and with that the tingling begins again. It’s a bit more pleasant this time, less like an itch and more like someone is scribbling something on his skin. Discreetly, he rubs at the patch and looks around, eyes falling upon the people he’s squeezed together with.

So one of these ers is his soulmate.

He looks up at the tall guy from yesterday who stares back at him and wonders if he should ask. But how do you even ask such things? Do you creepily whisper into their ear ‘excuse me, are you my soulmate?’ or strike up a conversation as if you’ve known them for years? Maybe turn it into a joke?

‘Hey, do you happen to be obsessed with teddy bears? I’ve been having this issue with your stupid soulmark design forever and I sure as hell hope you’re rich to make up for my suffering.’

No, Jaejoong scolds himself for such unreasonable thoughts. Why would he care if his soulmate is rich? He’s a very capable project manager, thank you, and he doesn’t need a sugar daddy. Junsu must be really getting to him.

Jaejoong groans as an older man flattens him against the wall and stays there. The balding head sways dangerously close to him, almost touching his face, and Jaejoong shudders in horror. So ok, if he wants to avoid this torture, he either needs to start taking the stairs or arrive to the office building earlier. Both seem like equally bad options.

The guy takes out a napkin that he uses to wipe the sweat off of his forehead and then scratches at his side unceremoniously. He tucks the napkin back into his pocket and sneezes. Jaejoong scrunches up his nose in disgust, displeasure spreading through him. The guy keeps scratching at his side again and again until the sudden thought that this could be his soulmate crosses Jaejoong’s mind.

He looks at the glistening head in front of him, dotted with discoloured skin, and wants to cry. No wonder his soulmark is in the form of a teddy bear because his soulmate is a e! How is this even going to work? Their age difference is more than twenty, maybe even thirty years apart, and Jaejoong really really isn’t into older men.

‘Please don’t,’ he whimpers when the man keeps scratching and his own soulmark continues to itch like a . He doesn’t dare to touch it in fear of someone realizing that they are connected and calling him out on it. There’s no way, no way in seven (or eight, or nine or however many there are) hells that he’s ever going to get together with this grandpa.

Office romance my he thinks as he stumbles outside at floor fifteen, dashing right to the bathroom to cry his eyes out. He doesn’t even care that he’s late or might get fired because his life is ruined anyway.

Junsu grins happily when he sees him in the hallway, offering a napkin as a consolation.

 

***

 

 

With resignation in his heart, Jaejoong enters the office building the next day.

 

He heads straight for the elevator which is waiting for him like the blazing mouth of hell. His soulmark starts tingling once he squeezes himself into the small space between the wall and the tall guy, looking up at him sympathetically. The patch feels warm and wonderfully pleasant today but Jaejoong’s heart is heavy.

He cried a lot last night, tried to understand life and how comes all his friends had soulmates their own age but his happened to be an old, balding man. Maybe it’s a lesson for his vanity because he always assumed that with looks like his, he’d get at least a super model as his partner.

Jaejoong lets out an unhappy huff and looks around for his elderly guy who seems to be missing.

‘Excuse me, do you happen to know where did the grandpa from yesterday go?’ he whispers to the tall guy who looks back at him with such accusing eyes it almost makes him choke. Why is he bothering this nice man when he couldn’t even open his mouth before?

‘Mr. Sato is off work today. I heard he’s got a bad rash and had to take it easy,’ the guy replies and Jaejoong nods. Oh, his poor poor soulmate. He’s probably in a bad condition right now and needs help. Even if he’s a terrible, old e, Jaejoong should still visit him.

‘Thank you,’ he mutters, reaching for his soulmark and caressing it fondly. So his soulmate’s name is Mr. Sato.

The elevator dings open three times before it reaches floor fifteen, and Jaejoong pushes himself out of it with an exhale. He stops dead in his tracks when a sudden thought crosses his mind.

‘Hey Jae!’ Junsu hops right past him, a cheerful smile on his face.

If his soulmark was tingling today and Mr. Sato wasn’t there, that can only mean that the old er isn’t his soulmate!

He beams in happiness at the sudden realization, his spirit uplifting and dampening right after because he still needed to figure out who his real soulmate is.

‘You’re going to be late again!’ Junsu singsongs before disappearing into one of the cabinets and Jaejoong hurries frantically to his cubicle.

This company’s attendance and punctuality policy is really questionable.

 

***

 

 

Jaejoong suspects one of the ladies next.

 

She’s quite neat and well dressed and touches her neck from time to time. Even though he doesn’t see a soulmark there, ladies are known to be sneaky like that and cover them up with makeup.

‘Excuse me, do you happen to know who that person is?’ Jaejoong whispers to the tall guy pressed against him, his heart jumping at their close proximity. He’s feeling rather comfortable in his presence which is weird. It’s as if they’ve known each other for years.

‘Mrs Yoona from accounting. Married, two children,’ the guy replies in a voice bordering on annoyed and Jaejoong nods in understanding. So it’s either that she married someone else without waiting for him (which is a bummer) or she’s not really his soulmate.

There’s at least ten more people in the elevator he can consider so he’s not giving up yet.

‘Thank you, really, you’re very kind,’ Jaejoong whispers to the stranger and gives him a smile, surprised when he receives a smile in return. The tall guy is pleasant and makes him feel at ease so he leans into his side and hopes he won’t mind.

When he finally squeezes himself outside of the elevator at floor fifteen, he finds himself in a really good mood. He even greets Junsu who zips right past him, deciding that he would miss the guy if he actually broke his neck.

 

***

 

 

Five days later and Jaejoong feels like giving up on life.

 

Every morning he wakes up hopeful and refreshed and every day he squeezes himself into the packed elevator trying to find any clues about his soulmate, just to exit it at floor fifteen feeling utterly devastated.

Whoever the guy (or lady, even though it’s doubtful) is, could easily murder someone and not leave any evidence behind. Jaejoong zooms in on everyone who as much as touches any part of their body during the ride and the tall guy beside him helps with the names and personal details of whoever he’s interested in.

But who is his soulmate really?

Is it Mr. Shim from advertising? Mr. Park from planning and development? Or maybe Mr. Yu from finances and accounting? Whoever it is, he’s extremely cautious and won’t give himself away.

‘See you tomorrow,’ he whispers to his tall guy once the elevator dings open and rolls out of it like a lonely, unwanted tumbleweed.

As usual, he bumps into Junsu carrying around papers.

‘No luck today?’ his way-too-cheery-he-might-be-on-drugs friend wonders and Jaejoong lets out a miserable sigh.

‘No, just the usual. Tons of people to choose from yet still no clue who the real one is. I think my soulmate doesn’t want to be found. How can we even be soulmates if my soulmate doesn’t want to be found? I’ve tried everything. I flashed the stupid bear, I rubbed at it excessively, I even huffed and puffed loudly and yet nobody cares. How comes I’m completely ignored by my own soulmate!’

‘Have you tried asking?’ Junsu wonders and Jaejoong looks at him as if he’s just suggested jumping off the roof.

‘Asking? Are you kidding? There’s no way I’m doing that. That’s way too embarrassing,’ he shakes his head and shudders at the thought, ‘and what if my soulmate doesn’t want to be my soulmate? What if I don’t like him? Or her?’ because he hasn’t given hope up yet.

‘I guess that would be extremely awkward, wouldn’t it?’ Junsu laughs, waving him off before disappearing in the bathroom. Jaejoong grumbles something incoherent after him, annoyed that his colleague is such a colossal .

 

***

 

 

It happens one early Monday morning during his usual squashed journey up to the floor fifteen.

 

It’s the beginning of the third week at his new job and Jaejoong’s given up on figuring out who his soulmate is.

He barely slept last night, having drunk a bit too much because Junsu told him that his was flat and that was the most likely reason his soulmate didn’t want to be recognised. Or maybe it’s because he met up with a colleague from his old job and they lost track of time while drinking. Whatever it is, Jaejoong blames the alcohol for his splitting headache.

‘Good morning,’ he greets everyone as he squeezes himself inside the constricted space and then stares blankly at the metal wall in front of him. It’s a long way up to floor fifteen and he hopes he won’t pass out in the middle of it.

The elevator dings quietly at its usual spot, more people squeezing in together with the already existing ones, and Jaejoong lets out a loud groan. He wants to personally victimize each and every one of those who think that taking the journey from floor three to floor five is a good idea.

Fighting the fatigue that threatens to overtake him, Jaejoong looks down at his teddy bear, scratching at it lazily before realizing that he’s doing it out of habit, not need. It doesn’t tingle, it isn’t warm, there no annoying ache or thrumming coming out of it. It’s completely still and unresponsive today and Jaejoong feels-

No. It’s not exactly emptiness that he feels because it would be a travesty to say such things while on the second base level with the wall. But it’s a sense of loss, as if a part of him that he was getting used to has suddenly been taken away.

Curious, he turns his head around as much as he can, sweeping over the people he’s sandwiched together with. That's when he realizes he’s been an idiot all along.

All the usual faces are there, Mr. Sato from finances, Jenny from accounting, Shim from advertising looking as intimidating as ever, and the only person missing that he always always looks forward to seeing is his tall, -faced stranger with kind eyes and a nice smile.

Wait, a nice smile? Jaejoong startles at the thought. How does he know that the guy has a nice smile if he always has a face on? Or does he?

Jaejoong thinks back at how the guy always patiently explained him the relationships of every single person in the elevator that he asked about, or how his eyes filled with warmth every time he looked at him, or how he always freed a little bit more space beside himself for Jaejoong to squeeze into (this being the reason he’s making out with the wall today instead of being huddled safely underneath the tall guy’s arm) and really, really-

‘I’m an idiot,’ Jaejoong mutters as he turns around, elbowing a couple of bodies out of his way.

‘Ok, everyone! Attention please because this is important!’ he yells, some of the people groaning about the meaninglessness of life but Jaejoong’s not going to care about those losers. ‘Can someone tell me who the tall, incredible hot guy that we all drove the elevator together with for the last couple of days was?’

He’s forgotten all about tact and cautiousness because this is important and he needs to know. His soulmate is kind and handsome and hell if he’s going to lose a chance to get with him just because of his own stupidity.

‘Yunho?’ Mr. Sato is the one who speaks up, his bald head shining in the warm elevator lights like a halo, and for a moment Jaejoong believes the old geezer is his own personal guardian angel. ‘He’s the CEO’s son. Doesn’t work here but helps out his father a lot. The private elevator to the highest floors was broken so he took this one for a couple of days but now that it’s fixed, I doubt we’ll be seeing him again.’

Jaejoong’s breath hitches in his chest and he would fall to his knees dramatically, crying his eyes out, but he can’t move a muscle. Instead, he holds all the self pity roaring inside of his heart for the rest of the ride before he rolls out of the elevator at floor fifteen and then proceeds to bawl his eyes out in the nearest bathroom.

It happens to be a lady one but hell if he cares.

 

***

 

 

 

‘Junsu, I need to go up to the exclusive CEO floor that I didn't know existed an hour ago because that’s where my soulmate is.’

 

He regrets having started the conversation the moment those words leave his mouth because Junsu looks at him with this strange glint in his eyes and it’s honestly kind of unsettling. But it’s the only way, Jaejoong decides, and accepts his inevitable fate.

Even if Yunho may not want to know anything about him or talk to him ever again, he still wants to confront the man and ask him why he never initiated any contact. Is Jaejoong really that unworthy of the other’s love and affection to be tossed aside like this?

But to do that he needs to get to the CEO floor and to get to the CEO floor he needs to, apparently, be the actual CEO or someone close to him. Sure Jaejoong could just wait a couple of hours to confront Yunho in the office lobby but where’s the fun in that?

‘The CEO floor? So a sugar daddy after all.’

‘Shut up, Junsu, it’s his son.’

‘Ooh, even better. So a sugar baby?’

‘Do you ever listen to yourself speak?’ Jaejoong asks and Junsu laughs him off, the answer an obvious ‘no’.

‘Ok then,’ he tries again, this time completely serious or at least trying to pretend that he is, ‘how about you either help me and get to hear all the juicy detail later on or keep talking and never hear from me again? Because if you dare to say one more thing about daddies, babies or concubines, I will drop you like a hot potato.’

‘Ok, no no no. I promise to be good, no more words from me. Lips sealed, silent as a grave,’ Junsu pleads and attaches himself to Jaejoong’s arm. After a couple of unsuccessful tries of getting the other off, Jaejoong gives up.

‘Fine. But I really hope you can help me because otherwise this was useless.’

‘I’ll do my best!’ Junsu cheers and Jaejoong sighs.

‘Look. The thing is, I need to figure out if Yunho, the CEO’s son as I just recently found out from Mr. Sato, is or isn’t my soulmate. Because today in the elevator my soulmark didn’t tingle and this just happens to be the exact day he’s not around. It could be that I’m totally wrong and he isn’t my soulmate at all or it could be that I’m totally right and we could be making imaginary babies right now.

‘Ok, got it, imaginary babies,’ Junsu grins and stares at him happily, ‘how about you just go ask him?’

Jaejoong stares back, completely baffled. ‘What do you mean by just go ask him? I told you that I can’t get to the upper floor, you idiot, did you even listen? And even if I could, how am I supposed to ask something like that to someone of such high rank? He’s using a private elevator to get to the top floor and now is also actively avoiding me because he probably thinks I’m a nutjob.’

‘Um, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t think that,’ Junsu mutters and then adds a quick ‘even though you obviously are’ before he lets Jaejoong go. He walks swiftly towards one of the storage rooms, beckoning Jaejoong to follow.

‘I didn’t mean that you should visit him here in the office, dummy, I meant that you should confront him at his own place.’

‘His own place?’ Jaejoong asks, still dumbfounded.

‘Yes, his own place. You know, the one where he lives? You should go there and ask him in person,’ Junsu beams as he stops at a filing cabinet, locking it open and fishing a folder out of there. He flips it open and proceeds to scribble something on a tiny piece of paper that he presses in Jaejoong’s (not so) waiting hands.

‘There. Jung Yunho’s address. You’re lucky I have access to all the personal information on every worker of this company, the top tier included, family and all.’

‘Isn’t the enclosure of such confidential information criminal?’ Jaejoong eyes the paper suspiciously.

‘Nonsense, this is love,’ Junsu huffs as he shoves Jaejoong out of the door, ‘it’s only criminal if you’re ugly’.

 

***

 

 

Jaejoong chews on his bottom lip as he waits for the elevator to take him all the way up to the top floor. The guard was surprisingly understanding when he barged into the apartment building, demanding to see Jung Yunho. He will have to ask the man himself if hot, desperate looking guys frequent him so often that it seems like a normality to the people down here. But to do that, he actually needs to find Yunho.

 

Jaejoong looks into the mirrored elevator wall and lets out a tired breath. His looks are not up to his usual standards today. He should have changed into something nicer, maybe styled his hair up or put on some makeup. Instead, he rushed here like the house was on fire.

Speaking of which, shouldn’t he be rushing out of the house if it were on fire? And how the hell hasn’t he been fired yet?

The elevator door opens with a quiet ‘ping’ and Jaejoong steps out of it cautiously. It’s not the usual floor fifteen where peasants like him reside. No, it’s way up higher. Glancing around the lobby, he goes to the only door that he spots there and knocks on it. He would have rung the bell if there was one.

He idles around for a while longer before knocking again. If Yunho isn’t home, and he most definitely isn’t because it’s 10 o’clock in the morning and most people work at this time of the day, he swears he’s not trying again. He tried, he failed, and he’s done with it. It’s his motto in life and one of the most probable reasons he hasn’t found himself a good man yet.

Sure he’s had the occasional fling but nothing too serious. His sisters have told him that his standards are impossibly high for anyone to reach but that isn’t true. Jaejoong’s moderate in what he wants from life. His potential suitor would only have to be tall, muscular, dashingly handsome, charitable and -

‘,’ he gasps when the door swings open and he stumbles into a hard chest. He looks up to meet warm brown eyes, his soulmark starting to tingle pleasantly.

‘It’s you,’ Yunho says, a surprised expression marrying his handsome features, and Jaejoong can’t help falling in love. How could he think anyone but this dashing prince could be his soulmate? Warmth swirls through his entire body wherever he’s pressed against the other’s skin, a deep flush covering his face once he realizes that the chest he’s so comfortably snuggling against is .

With a cough Jaejoong straightens himself, standing tall and proud in front of the other.

‘So-,’ he says as he bats the heat off his cheeks because he’s here to talk, not to swoon over this y man.

‘I was in the shower.’

‘I can see that.’

Jaejoong’s eyes sweep down the chiselled body, the tanned skin glistening with droplets of water, a tiny towel wrapped around the slim hips.

‘I can definitely see that.’

A slight smirk appears on Yunho’s face and he leans against the doorframe comfortably. ‘Did you want something from me, Kim Jaejoong, or did you come here to swoon over my body?’

Jaejoong’s startles at the use of his full name, surprised that Yunho knows who he is.

Swoon, is what he wants to say.

‘Talk,’ is what he actually says.

‘Then I should wear something more appropriate,’ Yunho decides and Jaejoong wants to assure him that it’s ok, that they can talk while Yunho is half . He even prefers it that way.

‘No need, I will be quick,’ he mutters, heart beating so loudly he thinks the neighbors from three floors down will hear it. He ignores the curious eyebrow that Yunho rises or the ambiguity of his own words.

For what seems like years of agonising torture, they stand looking at each other until finally finally Yunho steps aside and lets him inside of his apartment. It’s a large, modern place with little to no personal touch to it but Jaejoong likes it. He can add all the personal touches to it later.

Yunho leads him to the living room, his fine back muscles moving with every step that he takes, and Jaejoong wants to fall to his knees and worship the deity that is this man. But he may do other things while down on his knees so better not.

‘Please sit,’ the taller says as he pats the space beside himself on the sofa and Jaejoong follows the command like a good dog. He doesn’t question what he’s doing when the other grabs his arm and looks at the soulmark now thrumming with heat. The sudden contact makes Jaejoong cry out, eyes filling with tears from the intensity of it.

‘You’re really my soulmate,’ Yunho mutters when he brings his lips to the patch of skin, kissing it. Jaejoong lets out another strangled cry that sounds more like a moan and colours in shame at his own reactions. He never thought that someone touching the mark would have such an effect on him. He never thought that anyone touching him could have such an effect.

‘You hurt me a lot by ignoring me in that elevator, you know?’ Yunho says, keeping his eyes trained on the beautiful man while his lips are still pressed against the sensitive skin. Jaejoong nods in response, not looking for excuses where there are none.

‘I wasn’t ignoring you, I was just being dumb,’ he admits, honesty being his only weapon against stupidity.

Yunho chuckles at that and hums. ‘Oh, so I have a beautiful soulmate, just a little bid dumb?’ he presses a sweet kiss to Jaejoong’s wrist, ‘I think I can live with that. Junsu tried convincing me that your intentions weren’t malicious but I refused to believe that anyone could be that oblivious.’

‘Junsu?’

‘Yes, my childhood friend at the office, didn't you know?’

‘No.’

That lying son of a- Jaejoong curses to himself, promising to fling that off a staircase the next time he sees him. What kind of a sadist enjoys watching his suffering for two whole weeks? He can feel the anger spreading throughout his heart the more he thinks about it, face growing hot, but a light touch to his cheek startles him out of his fuming. He blushes an even deeper shade of red when he realizes how close to his face Yunho is.

‘I rode the elevator of hell for two weeks for you,’ he says, towering over him tall and beautiful, ‘do you have any ideas how much making up you have to do?’

‘No?’ Jaejoong has absolutely no ideas but he’s willing to find out. There’s so many things he wants to find out about Yunho, so many questions roaming around in his head, so many things he wants to ask-

Soft lips press against his own and Jaejoong moans into the kiss. His body jerks in anticipation when Yunho’s chest presses against his own, fingers making their way into his soft hair. His hands want to wander and explore as well but he isn’t sure if he has the other’s permission. Considering that Yunho’s eagerly pressing him into the soft padding of the sofa, Jaejoong feels like permission should be the least worry on his mind.

‘Wait,’ he gasps when the lips pressed against his own demand entrance, soft touches along his skin making him feel dizzy. The heat of the moment is threatening to drive him crazy, making him forget everything.

Well, almost everything.

‘Why didn’t you touch your soulmark at all?’

Because he was trying so hard to figure out who his soulmate was and this didn’t give him the slightest clue.

‘Really?’ Yunho groans as he lets out a deep sigh and detaches himself from the other’s lips. He pins Jaejoong’s wrists to the either side of his head, staring into his beautiful eyes. ‘Is touching the soulmark the only indication that someone likes you? What about eye contact? Brushing of hands? A kind smile? Are those really nothing to you, Kim Jaejoong, or have you never heard anything about subtle clues?’

Right.

Yunho sounds kind of annoyed and Jaejoong kind of understands why.

‘Well, but I really was just- How could I even know that- I was just- Ah, never mind,’ he mumbles and strains against the other’s hold, Yunho pining him down even harder.

‘I’m sorry,’ he finally opts for the easiest way out, smiling at the other kindly.

‘Well, don’t be,’ Yunho shakes his head, staring at Jaejoong with unrivalled hunger, ‘because I don’t care for pretty words anymore. Show me how sorry you are with your body.’

Jaejoong laughs at that, finding the other’s honesty strangely endearing. He doesn’t mind Yunho’s fast advances at all, he just really wants to know.

‘Can’t you at least show me your soulmark?’

‘Fine,’ Yunho lets out a deep breath and gives Jaejoong a chaste kiss on the lips, ‘but my soulmark is in a really inconvenient place. I can’t go around showing it to just anyone,’ he explains, a hint of red colouring his cheeks.

‘An inconvenient place?’ Jaejoong’s eyes rake up and down Yunho’s body, not noticing any soulmarks there. Is it on the sole of his foot or maybe between his shoulder blades? Jaejoong has a really hard time reaching in between his shoulder blades so Yunho must be quite unlucky if he has a soulmark there.

‘Show it to me, please?’ he asks sweetly, surprised when Yunho looks away in embarrassment and lets his wrists go. He rises a curious eyebrow when strong hands slide down to his hips, tugging on his pants.

‘If you want to appreciate the soulmark in its full glory, let’s move to the part where I pound you into the mattress.’

Jaejoong stares at Yunho in surprise, realization dawning on his beautiful face, and he can’t help laughing when the full meaning of the words hit him.

‘Oh my God, it’s on your , isn’t it?’ he gasps, trying to regain his breathing when Yunho looks away bashfully.

‘Shut up, this is all your fault,’ he mutters and Jaejoong starts laughing even harder. It truly is.

No wonders the poor guy looks so desperate if his soulmark is placed anywhere near his . His own soulmark is warm, tingly and making him feel all sorts of amazing things. He can’t even start imagining the level of self control Yunho possesses if he hasn’t slammed him against the nearest surface and ed him yet.

Beaming brightly at the other, Jaejoong grabs him by the nape of his neck, enjoying the feel of the shorter hair there.

‘Oh, baby, I’m so sorry you have suffered so much,’ he teases, pulling him close to his lips, ‘how about I kiss it all better now?’

 

 

end.