One

Love always finds a way

"And.. perfect!" Minji grinned proudly after setting down the eyeshadow brush, looking at her masterpiece, aka your face. "Aah if I was a male alpha I'd immediately fall for you! Destined mate or not!" You rolled your eyes at her words and looked at yourself in the mirror, raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow at the sight. "I look like a clown.." you muttered only to hear the loud voice of Minji's older brother, Sehun. "Like a pretty clown, though." He said with a cheeky smile as he leaned against the doorframe to your room. His words only made you scrunch up your face in disgust. "Ew, Sehun! Please don't call me pretty." You huffed softly and got up from your chair to look at your appearance in the mirror again. You were wearing a deep red dress that stopped right above your knees along with a pair of black heels. The dress didn't reveal any cleavage but had a low cut back. Your whole outfit didn't fit your usual clothes consisting of jeans, boots and hoodies at all but your dear friend Minji had to dress you up for this day.
 

"Seriously, I look weird." You whined as you looked at the siblings through the mirror. "Sohee! It's your 21st birthday! The day you'll find out about your mate! Ooh it's so exciting even when I just think about it! I just hope it's not Sehun. That'd be weird- Ah!" You only saw Sehun lunging forward and Minji fleeing out of the room as you sighed, soon a new presence replacing their's. "You look beautiful, little sis." Jongin smiled softly as he walked into your room, also dressed up in a fine suite to fit the dress code of the evening. "Do you really think so? You're my brother, you have to tell me I'm pretty." You almost pouted as you walked over to your bed to grab your purse and your worn out leather jacket to wear over the dress. Even thought it was only the beginning of autum it was already pretty chilly at night and even your wolf blood didn't help agaikst it much. Jongin only let out a small laugh and shrugged. "I really mean it. Though it's kinda weird to know you'll probably find your mate tonight.. and he'll probably be the one to take that dress off-"

 

"Jongin! No!" You shrieked loudly and hit your brother's shoulder with your purse. "Noone other than me will take this dress off tonight!" A loud huff left your lips as you walked past your now laughing brother and down the stairs of the grand house, your heels clicking on the stairs making everyone in the living room look at you. And with everyone you literally meant everyone. The whole pack and every unmated alpha older than 21 from neighbouring packs. If it was your desicion to make you would just kick off the very annoying and uncomfortable heels, just dash out of the house and into the woods. Preferable the secret cave only you and your best friend knew about. Chanyeol, you thought as you looked around with a forced smile on your lips, eyes scanning the room for your lanky and tall bestfriend. But before you could spot him, your father had his hand around your wrist and tugged you over to the side where everyone could see you. "Sohee, my adorable daughter. Today at midnight it'll finally be time for you to official reach adulthood and hopefully find your mate, like only a few years ago your bother did." With a smile he gestured over to your brother who now had an protective arm around his mate's waist while his hand rested on his growing baby belly. You let out a soft sigh at the thought of having pups on your own. Of course you liked them but having your own? Not so much. Especially with someone you didn't know and probably only loved because your destiny told you so. "I hope she'll take her time with getting pregnant though. I want to keep my baby girl for a little while longer." Your father always knew how to entertain a crowd. Of course, he's the leader after all.. You had to concentrate really hard to not just roll your eyes at his words and soon your own thought were louder than your father's voice so your mind drifted off.
 

Would it be Sehun? Oh you really hoped it wasn't Sehun. That guy was more of a brother than a possible love interest. Just the thought of kissing him made you gag. Would it be Junmyeon? Hopefully not. That guy was boring and had a stick up his . What would happen if it was one of the alphas from the other packs? Would you be send there or would the alpha move here? Would your mate want to make pups immediately? What would happen to your friends if you really had to move?
 

"Sohee? Don't you want to say something to the guests as well?" Your father asked, probably for the second time as some of the women were giggling softly. "I- uhm.. Just have a fun night? Enjoy the food and.. yeah. Thanks for coming." You said with yet another one of your forced smiles making everyone applaud and slowly turn to their own small groups to talk. Your father soon reunited with your mother as well to talk to someone from another pack. One glance at the clock told you you had exactly 2 hours and 37 minutes until midnight. Then you'd be 21. Then you'd find your mate if he's close. What if it's Chanyeol? Right then your eyes landed on the tall dork you called your bestfriend and you immediately made your way over to him. Slower than you wished for but your heels didn't allow running. Without greeting him you tugged him out onto the balcony and into the cold evening. "God! The shoes are killing me already!" You groaned in frustration and leaned against the railing with a huff. When Chanyeol didn't say anything you turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow only to spot his rosey cheeks and ears. You tilted your head in question but he just turned away to look into the forest behind your house. "I was about to ask if you grew those inches." He muttered softly. His low voice always managed to calm your nerves, even on a day like this. "Would it be bad if I just ran away now? I mean.. would anyone notice?" You frowned while glancing into the living room through the glass doors. "Anyways. What do you think of my outfit? Minji did her best today." Shrugging off the leather jacket you waited until Chanyeol's eyes were on you before twirling around on your spot to show off your dress. "Sehun said I looked pretty." You huffed out and slipped the jacket back on. "Oh yeah? Did he..?" Chanyeol just sighed softly before giving you two thumbs up with a small smile. "You look absolutely gorgeous. But it's not you. You look gorgeous in whatever you wear, Sohee." His words sounded so sincere yet somehow hurt that it both made your heartbeat quicken and stop at the same time. The closer your birthday got the weirder the alpha started to act but you always thought it was because the day he was found, - by you - hurt and unconcious swimming in the river, was coming closer. His previous pack had tried to get rid of him althought noone knew why. Not even Chanyeol. The only thing he could remember aftee a few weeks was his name and age. And ever since then years passed without any new memories of his past. He was 25 now and lived with your pack for almost ten years now and his memory loss didn't bother him anymore as he had new memories now so it was kind of weird for him to act this way. But before you could voice out your thoughts to him the door to the balcony was opened and your father asked you inside to meet someone. With a sigh you look at Chanyeol and he shrugged before you walked in after your father.
 

39 minutes left. Your hands were slowly starting to get wet from being too nervous and you excused yourself to get some fresh hair on the balcony. Once outside your let out a heavy sigh and placed your hands onto the railing. You had forgotten to bring your jacket so goose bumps slowly spread over your exposed skin. Until your felt a warm chest press against your back and a pair of arms wrap around your waist. "Chanyeol..?" Your voice was barely above a whisper now that the male buried his face into the crook of your neck. You were always close, even physically, but whenever you cuddled it was always in wolf form. Yes, Chanyeol had been your first kiss but only because of a very mature round of spin the bottle. "I don't want you to find your mate tonight.." he whispered lowly and let out a sigh, his arms tightening around your waist. "I don't want to you to ever find your mate, Sohee.." he continued and lifted his head from your shoulder only to place a kiss on top of your head. "Chanyeol.. why are you saying that?" You asked, kind of scared of his answer but still curious. "I.. I want you to be mine instead.." he muttered and turned you around in his arms so you faced him, one of his hands gently cupping your cheek while the other stayed around your waist. You could feel your heartbeat in your throat as you looked up into his dark eyes. The dorky look on his face was gone now and you wondered if he had always been this handsome. Did his hair always look this fluffy..? Still deep in thought and frozen in the alpha's arms you didn't notice his face coming closer with each passing second until you felt his breath fan over your face. "W-will you kiss me..?" You almost squeaked at how close his lips were to yours and watched how his eyes darted down to gaze at your lips. "Would you want me to..?" Chanyeol asked in return and gently let his thumb brush over your cheek and you only nodded slowly, not trusting your voice at the moment. Why was Chanyeol, your best friend, asking if you'd want him to kiss you? And why did you say yes?! Before you could start the inner debate on the conflict at hand you felt something soft brush against your lips and you instantly let your eyes fall shut. Chanyeol was kissing you. Park Chanyeol was kissing Kim Sohee! Slowly your hands crept up to his chest, tightly holding onto his dress shirt while you pursed your lips to press them back against his. Wait.. You were actually kissing him back? But you only had one or two glasses of champaign yet! How? Why? You had to admit that his lips felt heavenly on your lips though...
 

"Sohee?!" You heard a squeal coming from the door and Chanyeol pulled back right away, muttering a small 'I'm sorry' before jumping off the balcony and disappearing into the forest. "What. The. Heck. Was. That. So you actually are a thing?!" Minji was no holding onto your upper arms with wide eyes, shaking you gently. "I- No? We're not. I don't know why he.. why I.." you muttered, still dazed from the short lip lock. "Anyways! You have 5 minutes left. Your mom told me to get you back inside." Minji hummed softly and dragged you back inside by your hand. So in just 5 minutes you will know who you're destined to be with. Only 5 minutes.. You weren't ready. You were confused. Were you in love with Chanyeol? No. He was your best friend! How could you love your best friend? You did have a crush on him during your early teenie years but only because he was new to the pack and you already knew all the other boys (and didn't want to like them in a romantic way because they were disgusting to your 14 year old self).
 

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1...! Happy birthday!" Everyone cheered loudly, confetti was thrown into the air and people came up to you to congratulate you. Every male alpha looked at you full of expectation as if to check if you turned out to be their mate. But you weren't. No alpha present in the room was your mate. While everyone was busy eating cake you headed for the door with a loud sigh. Chanyeol had been absent for over an hour now and you were getting worried. You didn't know if you were feeling the way he felt right now but not having him by your side on a day like this simply didn't feel right. And so you soon found your heels being kicked off and landing on the front yard's grass with soft thuds while you made your way over to where you knew Chanyeol was hiding. And you were right. The male sat leaning against a tree while gazing out onto the lake. He always came here whenever he was upset or just didn't want to be found by anyone other than you.
 

"Chanyeol.." you started, unsure of what to say until you remembered the weight on your hands. "I brought you a piece of the birthday cake." You finished with a soft smile before sitting down beside him, setting the cake onto his thigh. "Who is it?" He simply asked without even looking at you. The way his voice sounded made you tremble slightly. Probably because of the cold tone it had. "Who is what..?" Unsure of what he meant you tilted your head in confusion and once you though the piece of cake was safely on the male's thigh you pulled your hand away, the tips of your fingers brushing against the fabric of his pants, sending sparks up your arms. With wide eyes you looked at your fingers to check if something was wrong with them but the only odd thing you found on them was the black nailpolish Minji had forced onto your nails. "Don't pretend to be stupid, Sohee." Throb. "Who is your mate?" The alpha spoke lowly while facing you, eyes boring into yours. Throb.

 

"You." You muttered absentmindly and reached up to brush your thumb over the worry lines on his forehead to smooth them out. He always got them when he was thinking too much and you always found them kind of adorable. Even his ears seemed to be even droopier then. "You are my mate, Chanyeol." Before you could even finish your sentence you had his lips pressed against yours again. That's when you finally noticed what exactly you had just said. Chanyeol was your mate? Was that why your body was heating up under his touch? Why butterflies seemed to have a party in your stomach? Why kissing him felt so.. right?

 

Somewhere into the kiss you found yourself stradling his lap with your hands tangled into his amazingly fluffy hair. Was it always this soft? You felt the alpha's hands slide down from your shoulders to your lower back and pulled you closer while his lips did magical things to yours. Only when you noticed something wet against your thigh you pulled away with a soft gasp. The cake! "A-ah.. almost sat on the cake.." you mumbled softly, suddenly feeling incredebly shy infront of your bestfriend. He only cleared his throat awkwardly and looked down at the cake on his lap, his eyes trying their best not to ogle at your bare thighs and instead focused on the sweet treat. With slightly shakey hands you picked it up and placed it onto your hand, some of the frosting caught on your fingers but before you get to it off the digits disappear inside the male's mouth.

 

Your voice was caught inside your throat as your mouth opened and closed like a fish trying to breath while his tongue danced along your slender fingers. With a lewd popping sound he pulled them out and hummed in delight. "Very delicious. Feed me?" He asked with an almost cocky grin on his lips while leaning back against the tree. With wide eyes you stared at him for a few seconds before dipping your fingers back into the cake and doing something you saw on those dramas Minji forced you to watch: spread the icing all over your lips. ", Sohee.." Chanyeol growled lowly and before you even had time to react you found yourself laying on the grass under the alpha while he lapped up the sweet treat from your lips, his tongue soom finding its way into your mouth to give you a taste of the cake as well. A soft mewl left your lips not only at the sweet taste of the cake but also the taste of your mate. Chanyeol's taste. As if your had done it a million times before your arms wrapped around his neck and pulled him in closer, into the kiss. Your soft moans were like music to the alpha's ears and he slowly pressed his hips against yours, letting you feel his growing . A soft gasp left your lips after pulling away and you stared at the male above you with wide eyes.

 

"Sohee..? What's wrong?" Both of you were panting softly from the intense kiss and Chanyeol had both his large hands on your cheeks, caressing them gently. You simply shook your head and closed your eyes. "This.. this is so weird.. just a few hours ago you were just Yeol. My big and dorky Yeol.. and then you kissed me.. and then I turned 21.. and then you're my mate now?" Opening your eyes you looked up at Chanyeol with tears in your eyes. It was simply too much for you. Chanyeol's face immediately softened once he saw your troubled face and carefully rolled to his side, pulling you against his chest by wrapping is arms around your body. "Sohee.. let me tell you a story?" He spoke softly and soothingly let his fingers dance over your (oh how he loved the dress you were wearing). You simply nodded and presses your face against his chest, finding his scent extremly calming all of a sudden. "There was this boy, barely turned sixteen, barely knowing how to use his strength and speed, barely surviving a good beating and a swim in the river. He was fished out of the cold water by the most beautiful girl he ever laid eyes on. She was younger than him by four years, not yet knowing what she'd turn out to be. She had the personality of an alpha, strength of a beta but on her sweet sixteen turned out to be an omega. The young alpha from earlier, you know the one saved from the river?" You let out a soft snort at that ridiculous question and just waited for him to continue. "I'm counting that as a yes. Anyways.. that young alpha, when he found out that the pretty girl turned out to be an omega, was beyond happy. He saw a chance - even if it was a tiny one - that maybe one day that omega would turn out to be his omega. The omega turned out to be his bestfriend in the end and even though it was only through a stupid game and maybe they had been a little tipsy but she was the alpha's first kiss. Actually he's hoping she'd be his first in everything. And you know what happened on her 21st birthday. That stupid boy kissed her without saying anything. Without telling her how much he would hate to see her in the arms of someone else. In the arms of her mate. But like a miracle all his prayers were heard and the omega turned out to be his mate! Can you believe that, Sohee?!" Chanyeol's voice rose a few octaves as he finished his speech and you only snorted again at his question.

 

"You're such a dork.. No Chanyeol, that sounds unbelievable." You replied to his question and looked up at him, the tears he had seen in your eyes earlier were now gone and replaced by the usual sparkle your eyes held whenever looking at your bestfriend. "Then what if I tell you that the boy fell in love with the girl the moment he opened his eyes to see her drenched form trying to wake him up? That that boy is me and the girl is you, Sohee? That I've loved you for as long as my memory reaches back?" One of the alpha's hands landed on your cheek again, wiping some of the smeared mascara off of your cheek as he just smiled down at you, eyes finally showing all the love he held for you. "I'd tell you that the girl, me, has been blind and maybe even a little stupid for not realising her feelings sooner. I love you too, Chanyeol.." you spoke softly and leaned up to press yet another kiss to his lips.

Before your lips could reach his your peaceful moment was destroyed by an awfully loud scream followed by a few more screams and a few yells. Chanyeol's eye immediately shot up and towards the village where the screams were coming from. "We're being attacked.." he muttered under his breath before looking at you with worry in his eyes. "Stay here, alright? I'll go and help the others. Promise me to stay here and hide." He said in an almost stern tone and you just nodded your head at his commands. "Be careful.." you mumbled softly as he slowly got up, his form soon replaced by the large black wolf you learned to love so much. His eyes landed on you as you sat up and nudged your cheek with his snout while your hands reached up to cup his large head. "I only just got you and.. I don't want to lose you now.. god when did I turn this mushy.. just be careful.." you placed a soft kiss to his nose before he dashed off towards the commotion before you found a place to hide.

When Chanyeol reached the clearing it was already a blood bath. Wounded wolves trying to limp away, some laying lifeless on the ground and other kneeling beside those lifeless ones and crying their heart out. "Boss! There's someone out here!" A voice rang through the mess and soon a male came down the steps of the Kim's house. Sohee's house. He looked oddly familiar to Chamyeol, but he couldn't put a name to him. "Look what we have here. A black wolf, huh?" The male spoke with a small snicker following his words as he gestured his hand around the place. "You're not that strong and powerful now, huh?" Chanyeol let his eyes roam around, spotting Kyungsoo and Jongin, the latter holding his bleeding arm while his mate just leaned against his good side with his arms around his baby belly. Minji was hidded in her brother's arms, blood on both their clothes. Probably their parents', Chanyeol thought before his eyes fell on a movement by the tree line. "Look what I found hidden behind a tree, Boss!" Yet another male spoke with a wide grin, his hand tightly wrapped around the back of your neck. "My my.. an unmated omega? Guess it was your little party we crashed, huh? That's what you get for not inviting us. We'll take her with us. She'd make good pups." The leading alpha ordered with a smirk and reached forward to brush his hand over your cheek. You just glared up at the stranger while a deep growl rumbled through the clearing. Chanyeol was taking slow steps closer to you. "Don't tell me she's yours?" The foreign alpha laughed and patted your cheek before smirking at Chanyeol. "Should have marked her then. Maybe not though, she might have been killed then." Another growl came from the black wolf but you let out a small whine. "Don't.. there's no use, Yeollie.. take care of the others for me, okay? I'll.. be fine.." you muttered, unsure of the truth in your own words. You didn't know this people, didn't know what happened, what they did or would do. Looking at Chanyeol, your mate, you smiled softly making the wolf whine sadly, ears flat on his head. Before tears coould spill from your eyes you were thrown over your capturers shoulder and carried back into the forest. So that's the last time I've seen him then? You wondered and just closed your eyes, hoping this nightmare would end soon.

Back at the clearing wolves stood behind the male, a female - seemingly an alpha too - tapped his shoulder. "The leader is dead, Siwon. Let's go before that guy over there gets over his broken heart and decides to do something funny." She spoke with her icey blue eyes on Chanyeol who was still staring at the spot you dissappeared into the forest a few seconds ago, unsure of what to do. He'd get you out of that filthy wolf's hands no matter what. Siwon just nodded at the female's words and with a single whistle everyone was rushing back into the forest and towards their teritorry. The commotion made Chanyeol snap back to reality and changed back to his human form to check up on everyone.

 

 

 

Okay, before anyone gets the wrong idea, I have nothing against Siwon- I just had to find someone who'd fit the bad image and in my head he fit perfectly. Hope you enjoyed!