A Moment of Us [Part 2]

SCANDAL Short Stories

 

 

Third Person POV

 

While Haruna was getting ready in her room, Rina was eating her cereal at full speed like she's never done before. Furthermore, two people already stopped bickering with each other over some alien things and were now sitting with each other on the couch near the kitchen, whispering to each other.

 

"Did you hear that? They want to go to the amusement park." Tomomi softly said to Mami.

 

"Yeah so?" Mami said feeling a bit sleepy now after working all night.

 

"Let's spy on them!" Tomomi said excitingly, pulling Mami's arm.

 

"What for?"

 

"Trust me. It would be fun. You already finished your work right? If not, you wouldn't even have bothered to bicker with me earlier."

 

"But I'm tireeeddd and sleepppyyy!" Mami said hugging Tomomi. She buried her head on Tomomi's stomach, making Tomomi silent for a moment.

 

"..........Yeah I know.... Why didn't you wake me up last night? I could have kept you accompanied." Tomomi said caressing Mami's head and massaging her head. Focusing on the spot between her eyes. Her favourite spot.

 

"Well, I know you're tired too and you feel dizzy if I wake you up when you're having a good sleep. You didn't sleep talk last night, so I figured you must have been too tired and were having a nice sleep." Mami said closing her eyes and feeling Tomomi's hand massaging her head.

 

"So you lifted me up to our room? You know you shouldn't be doing that.... Your doctor said to not lift any heavy things for a while after you broke your arm from falling down the stairs a month ago."

 

"It healed already. Don't worry. And I'd rather have my arm broken than your back hurt from sleeping in that position." Mami said. Tomomi smiled softly at her and continued to massage and caress Mami's head gently.

 

"Yeah yeah. Okay.... Since you're tired, then let's just sleep in at home today, okay?" Tomomi said gently.

 

".........Actually no. Let's go spy them, okay?" Mami said as she thought about the conversation she had with Haruna earlier in the morning.

 

"Ah, why?" Tomomi asked surprised.

 

 

 

 

"Just feel like it. Okay, since we are the spy, we will go follow them shortly after they go. Let's use my motorcycle so we won't get stuck in traffic and lose them on the way. Now lady, please let me sleep for awhile since I would be driving." Mami said and then buried her head deeper onto Tomomi's stomach.

 

 

".............So stupid." Tomomi said smiling warmly and kissed Mami's head.

 

----

 

Rina's POV

 

"Did Haru just ask me out on date? Amusement park?? Public place???? AAAAAAAA!!!... Okay Rina, let's calm down. Breathe in breathe out. Okay you've been with her for quite some time now. Why do you still get so damn nervous every time?" I think to myself excitingly while eating my cereal as fast as I can.

 

After I finish my cereal, I wash my bowl and glass cup and go to my room to get ready. Opening the door, I was welcome with a topless Haruna changing her clothes. My eyes widen and I can actually feel the blood rushing to my face.

 

"Ah!! I'm sorry Haru!" I say closing my eyes and trying to get out from the room, but Haruna quickly pulls me into our room and closes the door. Pinning me to the door while smirking at me. Still being half .

 

"Hm? Why are all you embarrassed for? Aha... Like what you see milady?" She says to my ear teasingly smirking.

 

I open my eyes and see her grinning at me. Her dorky grin that I love to see all the time. I want to smile back at that smile but as for now, I actually I want to be mad at her. Mad because she's teasing me like that. Pouting, I ask her, "Why do you love to tease me like that?"

 

"To see that cute pout of yours." She says still grinning at me. "Come on. We've been together for quite some time now. Why do you easily get embarrass still? It's not like you've never see me before. So what's the problem?" she says shaking her head as she chuckles.

 

I can feel the blood rushing to my face again. Remembering in what occasions I have seen her before. She sees that, and suddenly becomes very serious. Staring straight at me.

 

"Wh- wh- what? Why are you staring at me like that? Let me go already! I need to go and take a shower." I say nervously.

 

"Ssshhh... Don't be so nervous." Haruna says softly as she runs her thumb on my lips. Leaning closer, slowly, until our lips finally touch. I close my eyes feeling all the great sensations from her lips. We are kissing for quite some time until she stops to take a breath, just to lean closer to me. Forcefully, she sneaks her tongue inside my mouth.

 

"Hm.. H-Haru..." I say as I begin to not think straight anymore. She holds me closer. Pressing her bare top onto me. Sneaking a hand under my shirt, she begins to gently caress my waist.

 

"Rina... if you saying my name like that... I don't know if I could hold back anymore..." Haruna says to my ear very seductively then starts to kiss me down my neck.

 

I moan at that. But closing my eyes, I muster up my resolution as I gently push her away. I can feel how hot and red my face is. "W-w-we.... I-I-I.... need to get ready... amusement park.... Yes amusement park...." I say breathlessly.

 

Haruna stares at me in disbelief and chuckles after that. She ruffles my hair and then kisses my cheek. "Hahahahha.... Sorry, sorry I got carried away.... Go get ready now." She says teasingly grinning at me.

 

"Oh my god! She still has the nerves to tease me!"

 

I am so red and burst out yelling, "STUPID HARU! I'm out of here!" Then I quickly go into bathroom slamming the door close with a very flustered face. I can still hear her laughing hard at me from outside. Stupid stupid stupid Haru!

 

 

Haruna's POV

 

"Hahahaha why is she so easy to tease? Cute. And that cutie is your girlfriend Haru ehehehehe." I delightedly think while changing from my bed clothes to some other comfortable clothes to wear at the amusement park. Just a simple black shirt, jeans, sneakers, and a cap. Excellent. After a while, Rina comes out from the our bathroom already dressed comfortably. She looks very stylish wearing some cute accessories and her black sunglasses, but of course, she's still pouting at me.

 

"Okay okay! I'm sorry! I was just kidding earlier. I won't make fun of you again." I say walking over to her.

 

"You better," she says.

 

"Hahahaha yeah yeah. Now please smile." I say and start playing with her cheeks to get her to smile. She finally smiles and I can't help but give her a peck on her lips. That dimple she gets when she smiles is really too cute to resist.

 

"That's better. Now, let's go?" I ask holding her hand.

 

"Wait. Can I have some of that again?" Rina asks now playfully grinning at me.

 

"Well look at you lady! All demanding like that." I say laughing and lean closer to kiss her lips again. Damn she smells really good after her bath. Now our lips stay long enough for us to play with each other. We stop kissing when we are out of breath and I give her a couple of pecks on her lips before looking at her.

 

"Satisfied now?" I ask grinning.

 

"I want more later! But for now, let's goooo!!" She says winking at me excitingly and I chuckle, leading her out of our room.

 

----

 

"Yo Mami! Tomo! We will be going ou—"

 

"Ssshhhh... She's sleeping." Tomomi says doing the 'be quiet' gesture from the couch where she's sitting. Mami is lying on her lap sleeping peacefully, while Tomomi caresses her hair slowly and turns to us.

 

"Oops, sorry. We're going to take a walk outside, okay?" I say as softly as possible and not telling her the truth that we are going to an amusement park. Well, Mami needs her sleep anyway.

 

"Okay okay. Take care." Tomomi says with an ok gesture at us and turns back to look at Mami. Still caressing her hair and observing her face with a smile on her face.

 

As her best friend for years, I'm really glad she's with Mami. I know Mami makes Tomomi the happiest she's ever been and vice versa how Rina does to me.

 

 

----

 

 

Third Person POV

 

Haruna is driving with Rina to the amusement park. They are playing songs and singing together while doing some silly dance. From time to time, Haruna would glance over to Rina and smile happily seeing her enjoying their ride together.

 

At the red light when she stopped, Haruna took the chance to hold Rina's hand which made Rina turn her head to Haruna and raise her eyebrows. Haruna looked away pretending she didn't notice her stare. Rina then smiled and intertwined their fingers together feeling very happy since Haruna is the type to not really show physical contact to her at times. Especially outside their apartment. Feeling that, Haruna smiled happily. That is, until something on her rear view mirror caught her attention. A familiar motorcycle with familiar helmets, jackets, and a familiar duo bickering.

 

"Tomo and Mami!?!?!?" She thought and felt shocked as she turned her head quickly to see behind her.

 

"Hm? What's wrong Haru?" Rina asked innocently as she noticed Haruna was looking behind her with a shocked face.

 

"Look who's following us!" Haruna said laughing. Rina then turned her head to see who was following them and saw Mami and Tomomi bickering on their motorcycle.

 

"Eh!? They are here!???" Rina said as she became shocked too.

 

"Hahahaha those two brats. Let's pretend we didn't see them and sneak out of their sight later." Haruna said laughing.

 

"But I thought Mami would be so tired that she would have want to sleep in all day?"

 

"Well, maybe Tomo dragged her out to follow us. You know how Tomo is." Haruna said still looking at them bickering. "Even on the road they're still bickering. Fortunately it's still red light." Haruna said shaking her head.

 

"Aren't we like those two as well?" Rina asked absentmindedly.

 

"No. We are not bickering with each other on the road. We are being cheesy with each other on the road." Haruna said tightening their intertwined fingers and laughing.

 

"Hey, it's green now Haru." Rina said already looking to the front and blushing. "What's wrong with her today?" She thought.

 

"Oh, you're right." Haruna said turning back to face the front again and began to drive. "Cute." Haruna thought smiling to herself.

 

 

----

 

Mami and Tomomi: Flashback before this

 

"Psst.... Mami.... Mami.... Wake up.... They've already left for a while now.... Hey, Mamitasu...." Tomomi said shaking Mami to wake her up.

 

"Hm? Hm? Ahh.. ohhh.. okay.. Where am I?" Mami said mumbling.

 

"Stupid. Come on wake up." Tomomi said pinching Mami's cheek.

 

"Oh yeah.. amusement park.. Okay okay let's go. Let me take a quick shower first." Mami said getting up to go to their room.

 

"I need to take one too." Tomomi said following behind Mami to their room.

 

"You didn't take one yet? What were you doing while I was asleep?" Mami said turning to Tomomi and flicked her forehead.

 

"Hey! That hurts! You were sleeping so peacefully on my lap! How was I able to get up to take a shower?" Tomomi said holding her forehead and pouting.

 

"Oh.. hahahaha well sorry." Mami said then kissed Tomomi's forehead where she flicked it before. Tomomi smiled at the loving gesture.

 

"Sooo.. to make it quick, want to take a shower together?" Mami said grinning at Tomomi and wriggling her eyebrows up and down.

 

"Stupid." Tomomi said and laughed.

 

 

 

 

After the shower..

 

"Let's goooo!" Tomomi said excitedly in the garage wearing a white simple blouse, jeans with sneakers, and her favourite red bow headband. Mami came from behind her wearing jeans, a leather jacket over her black sleeveless shirt, and some sneakers. She's wearing glasses too since she would be driving. She needs them to see more clearly, otherwise, Tomomi would nag at her non-stop.

 

"Yeah yeah. Wear your helmet first and wear this jacket." Mami said putting the helmet on Tomomi's head and gave her the jacket she usually wears when going out on her motorcycle. While Tomomi took the time to adjust and lock her helmet, Mami took out her motorcycle from the garage. Yeah, Mami can actually drive a motorcycle, but for safety measures, she rarely drives it on work days since Eisuke would usually come and pick them up.

 

"Take us around safely, okay buddy?" Mami said while petting her motorcycle. She the engine and waited for it to warm up before actually using it. Tomomi came closer to her wearing the jacket that she loves so much because it smelled like Mami and then sat on the motorcycle behind her girlfriend.

 

"You love your motorcycle more than me." She said snaking her arms around Mami as a safe gesture and loving it as well.

 

"Great that you know, and wow. Why did it become so heavy so suddenly after you got on here?" Mami said looking back at Tomomi while smirking. Tomomi pouted and smacked her back hard.

 

"JUST DRIVE!"

 

"Hahaha! Yes yes fatty." Mami said sticking her tongue out at Tomomi in a joking manner.

 

 

---

 

 

"Don't come too close to them." Tomomi told Mami.

 

"What? But it's a red light. If I don't come closer to the front, the people at the back would swear at us." Mami said looking back at Tomomi.

 

"But if we come too close, they would spot us!" Tomomi said smacking Mami's arms.

 

"What am I supposed to do then!?!?" Mami said angrily.

 

They started bickering right after that.

 

 

 

Present.. back to Haruna and Rina

 

"Oh, that's it. You can see the amusement park from here." Haruna said pointing at the amusement park that finally come closer and closer in their sight.

 

"Wahhh! Can't waittt!" Rina said excitedly jumping up and down on her seat. Haruna looked at Rina with a smile on her face, thinking that she looked really cute being all excited like that. All Haruna wanted to do at that moment was to just stop there and kiss her, but she held herself back from doing so because she had already planned everything for their date.

 

 

----

 

 

Haruna's POV

 

"Haru! Haru! Come here quick! Look at that! That's so cool!" Rina said excitingly, jumping around here and there looking at so many things that caught her attention at the park. I smile looking at her so happy.

 

"Wow. Slow down there milady." I say as I catch up to her and hold her hand, intertwining our fingers.

 

"But there's so much cool things here!" Rina says with shining eyes.

 

"Hahahah right, right. What do you want to ride now?" I ask grinning at her.

 

"That one!" She says pointing at the tallest roller coaster in the park.

 

"Oho... okay okay let's go..." I say feeling a bit nervous as she excitingly pulls me to the line of the ride. Well, toughen up Haru!

 

Upon arriving there, we notice that the line is a little bit longer than we thought it would be. So while we wait in line, we began to play games with each other.

 

"I win again." I say grinning at her after beating her on a game of rock-paper-scissors.

 

"Ah, why?? How can youu?" She says pouting at me.

 

"Hahahaha my luck!" I say sticking my tongue at her and squeezing her cheek while she still pouts at me.

 

"Ah come on. Don't give me that face. You make me want to kiss you." I say pulling her to me into a hug.

 

"Haru! This is in public place..." Rina shockingly whispers as she tries to get out of my hug.

 

"So what? Let the world see that the awesome Rina Suzuki is my girlfriend." I say tightening my hug and kiss her head.

 

"Are you sure?" Rina asks concern.

 

"100% sure."

 

I turn her around and pull her back to me so I can hug her from behind. Then I hold her hand and begin to caress it. "Don't worry too much Rina. I'm wearing a cap and you're wearing your black sunglasses."

 

She finally relaxes a bit with a low "yeah."

 

After a few seconds of silence, she leans her back on me more and starts playing with my fingers. "Anyways.. Now that we actually getting closer, it looks really tall." Rina says looking up at the roller coaster course. I look up as well and actually begin to feel very nervous. I look at her and about to speak until I notice that she is slightly shaking while looking up at the course.

 

"Silly. You're actually scared too right?" I think to myself, smiling at her. Then I hold her shaking hand and she looks at me.

 

"Don't worry. I'm here." I caress her hand and she relaxes more.

 

 

----

 

 

"That was super awesome!! So scary but awesome at the same time! I think I left my voice over there!" Rina says laughing.

 

"Right.. I can't even feel my legs after riding that." I think to myself.

 

"Oh Haru, look at that!" Rina suddenly spots something. A shooting game.

 

"Let's go there." I say pulling her arm.

 

"Shoot as much as you can to win better prizes!" The man at the shooting game stand yells.

 

"I want to try this!" Rina says. She looks very excited like a kid waiting for their Christmas present.

 

"Okay, you try." I say smiling at her. She tries several times but fails. She looks at me with a sad pout. Like a kid when their Christmas present isn't something they like hahaha. I can't help but to chuckle.

 

"Don't laugh at me!" She says pinching me.

 

"Ouch! Hahaha okay okay! Just let me try it okay? What prize do you want?" I ask her.

 

".....That doll...." She says pointing at big dinosaur doll.

 

"No problem. Watch me." I say ruffling her hair and putting my cap on her head. After trying several times, I finally get the doll she wants. I'm so glad that I am able to get it and she looks very happy that she can't stop grinning after that. Still, Rina wearing my cap, we walk around holding hands. Her other hand holding onto the dinosaur doll that she just named Haruru. We then spot a cotton candy stand and go buy some.

 

"One cotton candy sir." I say to the man selling the cotton candy and Rina looks at me.

 

"You're not getting any?" she asks raising her eyebrows.

 

"I don't really like sweet things, remember? Let's buy one and share, okay?" I say to her and she nods happily.

 

----

 

Meanwhile Tomomi and Mami...

 

Third Person's POV

 

"Mannnn, I'm beat. I would never ride that thing anymore." Mami said sitting and leaning her back on a chair as she focused on trying to get rid of her dizzy feeling. She and Tomomi had just got back from riding the same roller coaster that Haruna and Rina previously rode. They lost sight of Haruna and Rina since the motorcycle parking lot was in a different area from the car parking lot, so they got a little behind from following the other couple. Once got inside the park, they totally lost sight of them completely. Tomomi then suggested to ride a roller coaster which Mami protested to at first, but then had no choice once Tomomi literally dragged her there.

 

Closing her eyes to try to make the dizziness feeling go away, Mami felt something cold on her cheek and opened her eyes to see Tomomi smiling softly at her with a cold bottle of water in her hand. Smiling, she took the bottle and drank from it.

 

"Where's yours?" Mami asked Tomomi, noticing that she only brought one bottle with her.

 

"Nah, I only got one for you, and it's mineral water. I know you won't like anything other than that after riding that roller coaster." She said giggling softly.

 

"You know that and you still force me to ride that? I'd rather sleep at home." Mami said grumpily. Hearing that, Tomomi suddenly became silent for a while and looked down. Mami noticed that and sighed softly. Knowing how sensitive her girlfriend could be, she felt regret on the words she had just spoken to her. She then pushed the cold bottle softly to Tomomi's cheek making Tomomi look up at her.

 

"I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry. Here, you need to drink too." Mami said. Tomomi just stared at her until Mami lost her patience and grabbed Tomomi's hand to put the bottle in her hand. "Drink it." She then looked away mumbling something about how Tomomi needed to stay hydrated and all. Tomomi smiled softly at that and drank the water.

 

While drinking, Tomomi spotted something that made her eyes widen. "Ah!" She said and quickly tapped Mami's shoulder repeatedly to get her attention. Mami look at her and Tomomi pointed at somewhere near them for Mami look over that direction. Looking over there, they could see Haruna and Rina sitting on one of the chairs there and sharing cotton candy together. They seemed to be talking about something and giggling together.

 

"Aha! There they are! Let's follow them Mami!" Tomomi said sounding very excited and determined.

 

----

 

That's it for part 2! Hope you enjoy it and tell me what you think! Cheers!