Episode 1

Marrying The Nation’s Center

      Different Schedules, Separate Works

 

 

Lee Hyejin's POV

 

"And we're done!"

 

"Thank you for your hard work!"

 

I immediately bowed to the photographer after the last photo was captured. It was already 11 in the evening when we finished everything we needed to accomplish for today.

 

"It's nice working with you as per usual, Hyejin-ssi."

 

He smiled and tapped my shoulder. 

 

"Thank you, Mr. Choi. It's always nice working with you as well."

 

"Well, you take care. I'll go ahead. Thanks for working hard."

 

"Take care on your way home, Mr. Choi. Thank you for working hard."

 

He waved his hand and started to walk away. As soon as he left the site, the production team started to take care of the lights and some of the stuff we used for the shoot. 

 

My manager, Taeho oppa went to me and handed me a bottled water. 

 

"Thanks, oppa."

 

I opened the bottle and started to drink some water. 

 

"Nice job today, kiddo."

 

"Thanks oppa."

 

"Ah by the way Hyejin-ah, your mom called a while ago. I told her you're in a shoot and that you'll call back once we're done."

 

I closed the bottle and returned it to him. 

 

"I'll call her when I get home."

 

"Yeri-ah is waiting for you at the dressing room together with your stylist and make-up noonas. You should change your clothes so we can already go home. You need to wake up early tomorrow for a 9 am meeting with MBC and the We Got Married producers and staff."

 

I tried to suppress my smile and nodded as if I were uninterested but oppa was too fast to notice and began teasing me. 

 

"I can see how excited you are for this, little girl. Stop pretending you're uninterested and bored."

 

He smirked and I opposed.

 

"I am not excited, oppa!"

 

"Ey, I have been your manager since you were modeling for a kid's clothing brand. I know you better than yourself Hyejin."

 

I rolled my eyes and laughed. It's true that 

Taeho oppa has been with me since I was seven years old. He's my manager, my driver and even my bodyguard at times that I need one. He's actually my cousin but he's way older than me given that he's already in his mid-30's and I am just 21 years old. 

 

"You really like teasing me, don't you oppa?"

 

"Of course. You're like my baby sister so I'll tease you whenever I can."

 

"Whatever, oppa! I'll get changed now."

 

"Okay. We'll wait for you and Yeri outside."

 

I nodded and went inside the fitting room. Yeri unnie smiled when she saw me and handed me my clothes. I proceeded to the changing area and started to strip off. 

 

 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Hyejin-ah. We cannot be late so Yeri-ah, make sure she sets her alarm right before you go to your own unit."

 

"Yes oppa, I will."

 

"Goodnight, ladies."

 

I smiled and said goodnight to Taeho oppa. Yeri unnie and I walked towards the elevator. I am currently staying in an exclusive condominium. But I guess I won't be staying too long here since my house will probably get finished by the end of the year. She pushed button 15 and the elevator doors closed. 

 

"Hey, do you have any idea on who's going to be your partner for WGM?"

 

"I actually don't know and I don't want to read articles on the internet about that. I want it to be a surprise."

 

"Oh my gosh, Hyejin! What if it's Nam Joohyuk? Oh I would be pleased to see him all the time when you guys start filming!"

 

She started to squeal and shake me.

 

"Unnie! Gosh, control yourself!"

 

"What? You can't blame me though, Joohyuk oppa is such a handsome man."

 

"I know he is but I don't think he'll be my partner."

 

"Why not?"

 

"I just feel like it. But we can't actually tell, right? There's still a chance cause we're both models after all."

 

We reached the 15th floor and went out of the elevator. I walked silently to my unit's door and punched in the code. 

 

"Maybe you're right or it can be someone who's part of an idol group! What if it's Kai-ssi from EXO? It could also be Lee Taeyong from NCT! Or it could be BTS's Jungkook!"

 

We went inside my unit and I immediately lied on the sofa. I am so tired today.

 

"Maybe. We'll know once we start filming, I guess? But right now I just need enough sleep. I've only slept for about 3 hours cause we ended the CF filming at 4 in the morning, remember?"

 

"I need it too young lady so give me your phone and I'll set the alarm so that I could leave already."

 

I gave her my phone and she started to tap. Once she was done, she handed it back to me and said our goodnights. 

 

I went inside my room and started to take my make-up off. To tell you honestly, I am kinda nervous about being in a program. All I know is to pose in front of a camera and not actually talk too much and how to be natural when someone's actually following and recording every move I make. But even though I am scared, I was excited as well. And besides, my label wouldn't accept this if they think this would harm me or my career in any way. 

 

Once I was done with showering and doing my skin care routine, I jumped on my bed and grabbed my Nintendo switch to play Harvest Moon. 

 

Gosh, I was eager to play this since last night but I wasn't able to since I was so busy. It's a good thing my crops didn't wither. 

 

At exactly 2 am, I decided to sleep. 

 

 

I opened my eyes as my alarm rang. I sat up and turned the alarm off and prayed. After praying, I stretched and pulled myself out of my bed to take a shower and to prepare for today's schedules. 

 

After doing my morning rituals, I went to get the door cause Yeri unnie and my hair stylist and make-up artist were already outside my doorstep. Once I have opened the door, we greeted each other and walked towards my room and started to do my hair and make-up in front of my vanity mirror. 

 

After 2 hours, we are already inside the van and already near MBC's building. 

I was with Yeri unnie and Taeho oppa only. They were both needed in this meeting since they are both my managers. 

 

 

The contract signing went well. All of WGM's producers and some staff were also present in the meeting. Yeri unnie, being the nosy and excited one asked the producers as to who my partner is. The producer genuinely smiled at us and answered. 

 

"You guys will know once the filming starts on Monday but let me give you a clue."

 

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

 

"He's part of an idol group."

 

I got shocked when Yeri unnie squealed beside me. Gosh, she and her fangirling with idol groups gets overboard sometimes.

 

"I will be discussing the events on Monday, Hyejin-ssi. Since you told us that you like going to places with nice views, you and your partner will meet in a restaurant near the Han River. After you guys have met and eat early lunch, you'll ride a car going to an arcade in Myeongdong since both of you like playing games. You could also go shopping or eat after, whatever the two of you decide on what to do. We will be giving you further instructions from there. The team will set up at exactly 7 am so you could come at the restaurant at exactly 9 am or later than that but only up until 10. Filming ends at 8 pm."

 

"That means they have the whole day to themselves."

 

"That's correct, Taeho-ssi."

 

"But wait. You mentioned that her partner will be part of an idol group. Wouldn't it be a little dangerous for the both of them to walk on the streets of Myeongdong in a time like that?"

 

"Don't worry Taeho-ssi, we have enough security for the both of them. Your company and her partner's company have provided additional security given that both of them are famous."

 

"Can't managers be there as well?"

 

"During the program, you can't. WGM staff will only be the ones who can accompany them. Managers will be advised to stay inside their artist's van only."

 

I chuckled. Taeho oppa gets really protective of me sometimes and I am thankful for that. He's been serving and protecting me almost all his life now. I won't have it any other way. 

 

"Any questions?"

 

I decided to raise my hand. 

 

"Yes, Ms. Lee?"

 

"Is there any specific dress code?"

 

"No, there isn't. We want you to wear your own clothes. The program is as real as it's gonna get."

 

"Okay."

 

After the signing and the meeting, we went straight to Garuso-gil to have a photoshoot on the streets. This shoot is for a clothing brand that's very famous in Korea. I have been an ambassador of them for almost a year now. 

 

The day passes by quickly since I have a lot of photoshoots to finish cause I won't be able to do them as much as I can right now as soon as WGM filming starts. 

 

The production team decided to eat dinner together to celebrate a successful shoot. 

 

 

"Finally, I can sleep."

 

I closed my eyes and smiled. I only have a contract review with a swimwear brand in the morning tomorrow and that's it. I have the rest of the day all to myself. I guess I should start figuring out what to wear and what bag to bring on Monday. 

 

The thoughts of meeting my virtual husband drives me nuts. Even my mom who's currently in the Philippines was much more excited than I am and she can't wait for Monday to already come. 

 

I am completely nervous not because of my partner but because of myself. I know how fast I can fall for simple nonsense actions and I hated it. 

 

I just really need to be professional cause at the end of the day, all of this will just be a pretend story. It will just be like a drama but no scripts will be needed or memorized. 

 

I just hope I'll get along with him well and please let him have a broad back and I hope he's taller than me too.

 

 

Kang Daniel

 

11:30 pm 

Yejang District, Seoul

 

"1, 2, 3, All I Wanna Do! Wanna One! Thank you for your hard work!"

 

We bowed and clapped our hands as we finished the shoot. We were ordered to ride the van immediately so we could all go home and rest. 

 

"Are we already complete? Woojin-ah, Sungwoon, Jaehwan?"

 

Jisung hyung started to call our names. 

 

"We're here."

 

"Jihoon, Guanlinnie, Seongwoo?"

 

"We're here!"

 

"Lee Daehwi, Bae Jinyoung, Hwang Minhyun?"

 

"We're here, hyung."

 

"Kang Daniel."

 

I kept my eyes closed and answered him.

 

"Already here, hyung."

 

"Lastly, Yoon Jisung! Okay, complete!! We can go now, manager-nim."

 

The van started to move in the busy streets of Yejang. All of us were minding our own business inside the van. Some were sleeping and some were playing games on their phone. 

 

Once we arrived at the dorm, we dragged ourselves inside. Our managers followed us and made sure we wash up before we head to bed. Sungwoon and I immediately sat on the sofa. 

 

"I'm so tired."

 

"Same, hyung. We don't have any break until Chuseok."

 

Jisung hyung walked to us and called all of the members for the last meeting today. 

 

"Kids, come here in the living room!"

 

Everybody started to appear one by one. Seongwoo hyung sat beside me. 

 

"All of you guys are here?"

 

We lazily let out a 'yes'. Jisung hyung started to talk. 

 

"Don't forget to set your alarms at 7 am. We need to be at the practice room at 10 except for you, Kang-choding. Manager-nim told me that you need to wake up at 6 cause you have your own schedule tomorrow."

 

I smiled. The teasing immediately began and screams were let out by the other members.

 

"Niel-hyung will be signing a marriage contract tomorrow!!"

 

"Must be nice to get married even if it's just fake."

 

"Do you have any guesses on who's going to be the unlucky bride?"

 

I lightly punched Seongwoo hyung's arm. 

 

"Yah, everybody! I searched the internet and got some possible results regarding Niel hyung's wife!"

 

Guanlin cleared his throat and started to read on his phone. Everybody focused on him. 

 

"First, Nancy sunbaenim."

 

Everybody screamed and started to mess with my hair. 

 

"Yah not too loud, kids!"

 

"Wait, wait, the second one is Twice sunbaenim's Sana-ssi!"

 

Guanlin smiled. 

 

"Ohhh, you'd be so lucky if it's Sana sunbaenim, hyung! She's so cute!"

 

"Yah, Guanlin-ah that would hurt if Niel-hyung will be partnered with Sana-ssi. We all know you have a crush on her."

 

Everybody's attention diverted on Guanlin and started teasing him. 

 

"Stop it hyungs! There's one more girl in the list! You should guess!"

 

Daehwi raised his hand.

 

"Tzuyu noona?"

 

"Nope."

 

"SinB noona?"

 

"Nope."

 

Jaehwan raised his hand.

 

"Irene-sunbaenim?"

 

"Nope! She's not part if an idol group."

 

"Huh? An actress perhaps?"

 

I kept silent. Everybody kept sayinn their guesses. 

 

"It's not her, Jaehwan hyung! The last girl on the list is Lee Hyejin-ssi!"

 

Everybody screamed and cheered on when Guanlinnie mentioned Hyejin-ssi's name. I smiled and shook my head. These guys are crazy. 

 

"Hyejin-ssi is very famous nowadays. I see her ads and CFs everywhere!"

 

"She's the front cover of an international magazine, right?"

 

"Vogue!!"

 

"Yeah. She's also part of the 100 most beautiful faces in the world. It'd be fun to watch Daniel hyung's ears get red when he meets his wife."

 

"Yah, I haven't even signed the contract yet. And don't believe in such lists!"

 

"Well, you'll be signing it tomorrow and you kids should stop ganging up on Daniel and go to rest! Go back to your respective rooms but wash up before you sleep!"

 

Jisung hyung started to tap each one of us to stand up. 

 

"You're no fun, hyung."

 

"You'll thank me later in the morning Jaehwannie. Now go and wash up!"

 

 

"Daniel-ssi, do you have any questions?"

 

"Did my partner already signed her contract?"

 

"No, not yet. She'll be here tomorrow morning to meet with us."

 

I nodded. 

 

After the meeting and signing, we immediately went to the company for recording. The comeback will be 4 months from now so we really need to prepare and work hard. My mind keeps on drifting off to the show's filming. It's a relief that both of us love to play games. We could spend the day together and just play games. 

 

"We're here."

 

I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the car door. As I got down, I walked as fast as I could towards the building. When I entered the recording room, Minhyun hyung was inside the booth and the other members were sitting on the couch, reviewing the song and the lyrics. I got my copy and started to work. 

 

I knew this day would be so long and tiring but it will definitely be worth it when I see the fans' smiles on our comeback day.

 

 

Hi! I hope you liked this chapter!! Please vote and leave your comments! I would love to hear your thoughts!! 

 

Follow me on twitter, @kangnable_ for updates on this story!! I'll make sure to follow you back! 💗