(fin).

planes of existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“do you think,” he watches seulgi’s face light up and then crumble with nervousness, “that reincarnation is real? like past lives and all of that?”

 

she scrunches her nose after hearing his silence.

 

at this, he smiles a bit.

 

“never mind. that was a stupid question.”

 

her voice is small and she bites her lip, but peers up at him through her eyelashes. pretty, cat-like eyes staring up at him and he just can’t say no. he’s easy like that, though, when it comes to her. 

 

it wasn’t a question he was ever expecting his girlfriend to ask. he pulls his lips into an easy smirk, the one that’s reserved for her and is closer to a smile than anything, but he won’t admit that she has something like that over him. even though she knows it. and so does everyone else.

 

doyoung says it’s the smile he reserves just for her, like he looks like he’s loved her for years and years and their love is written in the stars. it’s cliche, of course. doyoung is a hopeless romantic. he has never been. he’s too pragmatic for that.

 

(despite that, he believes,

 

sort of,

 

that this must be true.)

 

there’s no other way to describe this feeling.

 

“why do you wanna know?”

 

he pokes her nose. she blushes a little. strange, how he still has that effect on her despite having been together for over two years, now. he props his elbows up on his—their—table, in their apartment, resting his chin on his hands. 

 

he would say their home, but really, that word isn’t fitting for the place that they live together. they could be anywhere, hand in hand, and it would still be home because she would be next to him.

 

she readjusts herself on the couch, hugging her legs tightly. she’s silent for a moment and looks off somewhere dreamily, like she’s searching for an answer that she already knows, and then looks at him.

 

through him.

 

“i dunno,” she mumbles, chewing the inside of her lip. a nervous tick. she thinks he’ll judge her, he presumes.

 

“liar.”

 

there’s no hint of malice in his voice. just pure, pure adoration. she blushes.

 

“well, the girls and i were just talking,” she starts off, not looking at him anymore. “and you know how sooyoung and yerim are, with their weird conspiracy theories and romanticized views on life.”

 

“mm.”

 

she continues, “so i was just wondering what you think, you know, because i think it’s something interesting to consider.”

 

she reaches for the cup of coffee in front of her, which he knows is doused with unhealthy amounts of sugar and creamer, probably (most likely) her third cup of the day. he shouldn’t judge her, though, with the amount of caffeine that he consumes in a day, as well. it’s funny, how different they are in tastes—she, sweet, he, absolutely bitter—but they compliment each other like that. they’re different in all the ways they are the same.

 

she, the sun, and he, the moon.

 

less tragic, not star crossed like the two celestial

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter