The Other Side

The Other Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Well? 'cause #HappyMotteinManilaAnniversay !! Kekeke

The Other Side

 

Kwon Jiyong put down his metal tray of food. Clink.

 

He picked up his chopsticks when one of his dongsaeng arrived. “Hyung.” The lad grinned at him and he smiled back. “Sit down, sit down.” He moved his tray closer to him to make space.

 

“Hyung. Today’s activities are quite tiring, right? Is your ankle okay?”

 

Jiyong nodded, “Yep, I just take a break when it gets intense.” He rolled his foot to check again. “So far, it’s doing good now. How about you, you taking it all alright?”

 

His dongsaeng nodded as he gobbled up his food. “Yep, doing good. I eat a lot so I feel strong. You should eat a lot too, Hyung.” He put some of his food on Jiyong’s plate, making his hyung smile at the action. His dongsaengs are so adorable, Jiyong thought. “I miss my family and my girlfriend though.” The boy sighed.

 

Jiyong paused at that. He missed his family too. Girlfriend…

 

“Hyung, I wanted to ask you a favor when we finish here..”

 

Jiyong nodded, as he took a bite. “Sure. What is it?”

 

“An autograph.”

 

Jiyong laughs at hearing that. He thought it was money or something grave. He at least can do that. “Sure. Whose?”

 

“Sandara Park-ssi.” The younger boy blurted as he blushed.

 

Jiyong’s chewing slowed down at hearing that name. He almost paused before he brushed it off. A soft smile crept his lips but it felt sad. “Sure.” He finished off his food and cleared his throat.

 

“Chincha? Thanks, hyung! My girlfriend really likes her and she’s really pretty, right?”

 

Jiyong could not answer right away as he looked down on his empty tray. “She’s my noona, but she’s still so pretty, right?” A memory resurfaced his thoughts.

 

He slowly gave that one nod, her face appearing when he closes his eyes. “She is.” Her smile. Her sweet laughter.

 

He lay down his bed that night, tossing and turning. He tried so hard to not think of her during his stay in his military. He’d went on fine but every time her name comes up, it’s like a tsunami that overwhelms him and he can’t stop the waves of emotion that follows along.

 

He propped his hands against his head as he looks at the ceiling. Memories of her keeps coming back. He could sing the lyrics of that song he wrote..

 

It used to be really nice

When I could be together with you

Sometimes even when I was lonely and sad

If I can be together with you

This isn’t the end for us

Please let’s meet again when the flowers bloom

 

“Noona, I’m getting a tattoo.” He showed her a scripted font that says “Forever Young.”

 

Dara’s mouth formed an ‘O’ shape as she looks at it then back at him. “What does it stand for?”

 

“You.” He grinned at her, waiting for her reaction.

 

She paused and looked up at him, blinking those doe eyes. Before, swatting him away. “Aish, you’re always teasing me, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

Jiyong just smiles as he took the stencil back, muttering. “It’s true, though.”

 

She looked at him again and he smiled at her. She had blushed then, he should’ve shot his chance then. It wouldn’t have been too late, would it? He always asked himself.

 

He should’ve had the courage to cross to the other side.

 

--

 

Dara was excited to open the package Jiyong gave her. He had made a custom jacket for her, she was too excited.”Uwa, cute!”

 

She inspected each and every detail. “Kill them with Kindness. Ooooh.” She smiled to herself. He sure got the right words chosen for her. He was really good at that. She turned it around and paused.

 

She touched those words. “Will you forever young still love me?” Her fingers slightly trembled as she traced those letters. Beneath it is a picture of a girl and a boy with a flower in between them.

 

She drops the jacket in front of him when she found him. Jiyong looks up in surprise, putting his pen down. He was in the studio, composing a song.

 

“What is this?”

 

Jiyong looks at the cloth in front of him. “Your jacket.” He said as a matter of fact and picked up his pen.

 

“I know.” Dara points at it. “But what is that written on it? At the back.”

 

Jiyong just smiled up at her as he went back to writing his song. “I’m sure you can read it, Noona.”

 

Dara pursed her lips, blushing a little. Then she suddenly sits down beside him. “You're asking me that? Now?”

 

Jiyong paused spinning his pen, feeling the atmosphere shift almost imm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter