Final?

The Boy with A Red Umbrella

Raining season has come, thought Mark while playing the corner of his cup. This week is a tough week for him so he decided to get some rest at his favourite café. He sat alone while his eyes watching the view of the road, cars slowing down because of the rain. The sun is nowhere to find but there is still some ray of sunlight break through the dark clouds, signing the night is coming.

But Mark attention suddenly stop at a certain by across the road, with his big red umbrella. The boy looks like around his age. Fair skin, black haired, and small in size. The latter boy smiling while playing with his big umbrella, laughing alone like his playing with his friends. People around him looking at him weirdly but it seems like he never care about his surroundings and continue to play with the rain and his big red umbrella.

Mark never let his eyes go off from that boy, and he also smiling to himself watching that boy action. He never seen someone ( well in this age) being so happy with rains. Feeling like someone is watching from afar, the little boy suddenly making an accident eye contact with Mark, who have been watching him since his first show up. Mark who surprise by the sudden eye contact, suddenly feeling shy even though that boy is a little bit far from him( across the road). But Mark didn’t broke the eye contact and look at the boy, smiling sweetly. The little boy who standing awkwardly just give him a small smile, and walk away, with his cheek turning into a red shade of tomatoes.

Mark who was surprised by the sudden walk away, walk out from the café to find that little boy. He did not realize that he is already wet his school clothes suddenly stop running when he realized that the boy has walked away. He feels disappointed by himself who should have done it quickly. But then, a sudden big shadow came to protect his wet and shivering body. It is the little boy.

“Are you looking for me?” the little boy asked, with his small smile and red cheeks over his face. He has a little dimple too. Mark who still surprised by the sudden just look at the face of an angel, well yes he said that. “ I was…” Mark didn’t blink at all. “Why?” the little boy asked.  “Your name.” That is the only thing that came out from Mark’s mouth. “My name?” the little boy look surprised by the answer and still wondering why. “I’m Renjun.” Mark who is avoiding the eye contact after the short answer suddenly smiles and look at Renjun. “I’m Mark.”