Of Being Sick and Hospital

CHILDREN_PART I: FREEDOM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eyes shot wide-opened and mouth gasping for air, that was how Hani found herself awoke in her bed, finally escaping from the torturous nightmare she had been having for the past couple of months. She looked like someone who had finally managed to emerge her head out of the water from a very deep dive that almost cut out her oxygen supplies, with cold sweats covering her whole body, her front and side bangs sticking on to her face, and her chest heaving up and down in a fast pace as if she was going to hyperventilate.

Eyes focusing on her surroundings, her rapidly beating heartbeats normalized, and her breathing soothed down a level when she realized she was in the comfort of her bedroom. But the incessant pounding headache that came after made her silently cursing profanities and groaned in pain due to the fact that she was forcefully awakened from her not so fitful slumber.

She willed herself to just forget the nightmare she just had, to chase away the headache, but found it to be futile not a minute later when the vivid images flashing in through her mind whenever she closed her eyes.

For the past couple of months, she would have dreamed these disturbing 'nighmares' every other days. Though the 'nightmares' won't be the same everytime she had one, she felt like she could somehow linked these dreams to be events that happened at the same time period and was experienced by the same person, and surprisingly, she felt like she was the lead character that went throught all these events that have transpired through her dreams.

Though she felt her thought to be ridiculous all of a sudden.

She was Oh Hani, a 17-year-old 'normal' teenager, or what the society would label someone like her as 'The Survivors', having winning the battle against Nox and to be able to live through a normal childhood. She had been living in Andong, a rural city in Jeollado for all her life with her parents as long as she can remember. She had been to everywhere that she could go in Andong, and she had never stepped outside of Andong nor did she found any place that resembles the asylum in her dreams. So she couldn't have experienced those events she had dreamt about, it also finally seemed to her that those were just dreams.

She rubbed her face tiredly as a heavy sigh escaped her thin lips. Because of the nightmares she had been having for the past couple of months, the blessed of having a good night's sleep had been taken away from her, and it had slowly taken a toll on her life and health. Her cheery and cherubic face had been taken over by tiredness and dark circles, according to her best friend, Yuri. While her parents claimed that she always looked pale, sickly even, which was the reason they kept pestering her for a check up, afraid that her immune system was slowly giving way to Nox. And Yuri agreed with her parents' opinion, adding to the table the fact that she had been unfocused to her studies lately and she had somewhat became different.

 

So she had been in and out of hospitals for the past couple of months. Initially, she went there willingly, just to relieve her parents' their concern, and because the doctor in charge of her was an acquaintance of their family. But lately, she doesn't felt the need to go anymore, as the drugs that had been prescribed to her had not only failed to stop the nightmares she had been having, the dreams had became incessant lately if she might say. And two others reasons that had bothered since last month.

Walking down the tiled hallway of the hospital that will lead to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter