Prologue

CHILDREN_PART I: FREEDOM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I opened my eyes, but everything seemed blurry. I could see the room I was in was dark and bleak, and I was lying on a bed, staring right into the moldy ceiling.

'This is a dream' I thought to myself, as I remembered to have fallen asleep in my bedroom earlier, with a planetarium hologram on my ceiling.

Then a figure in blue shifted beside me, as I shifted my gaze on the figure.

I can make out a silhouette of a female, with fair skin and beautiful facial features. She had brunette mid shoulder length hair, though somewhat ruffled, like it hadn't been brushed for so many days, her bloodshot eyes and her pale complexion made her look unwell, sickly even. Her pale and chapped lips opened and closed, and I can make out a familiar melody. She was singing a lullaby, as a lone tear slide down her left cheek.

I tried to wipe away her tear, but my hand felt heavy as lead, and my body felt like it had being drained out of energy.

"Don't be sad", I croaked. But I think not a sound come out from my throat, as she seemed like she couldn't hear me at all.

She stopped mid-singing when a beep sound was heard, a sign that the door to this room had been unlocked. And it seemed like dread had befall her as her body tensed up and her eyes widened as she turned her head so fast I thought her neck could have been broken.

Two tough-looking guys just waltzed into the room and picked me up from the bed from both side, totally ignoring the pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter