Mirror Image

Someone Like Me

Closing her eyes, Mina prayed for the humiliation to stop, the girls surrounding her wouldn't stop teasing until the bell sounded for next period. When this was your daily life, it got harder to hold back the tears but who could she tell? If she told her parents, they would move schools for her but she didn't want to move AGAIN. Cupping her hands over her ears, she heard muffled laughing followed by a faint bell, thank goodness she was saved.

"Come on, let's go, we don't wanna get in trouble for being late, leave Dumbo for today", Chaerin's voice was low as she left the bathroom with Lisa, her cackling laughter shut out as the door closed, Mina moved her hands away and left the room slowly, standing up with the help of the sink behind her, she checked for anyone in the corridor before stepping out and straightening her uniform as she made her way to class across the courtyard.

*drrrrrrrrrring drrrrrrrrrrrrring*

The bell's shrill din sounded loudly to tell her that she was most definately late, Mina picked up her pace.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE DUMBO!!!", Chanyeol and Baekhyun had turned and walked away from Namjoon and his cronie Jackson but they were still following at a distance, jeering and throwing snacks at them as they crossed the courtyard. Baekhyun was trying to reassure his friend with a comforting hand on his back and a smile if he ever looked up. Keeping his head down, Chanyeol sniffed a tear away, he had endured this ever escalating bullying since he had first arrived at the school but it was taking it's toll now.

"Baek, I..I..can't..", he had been about to finsh his sentence when he was on the floor, he had collided with something solid and there was a throbbing in his forehead. Putting a hand to the pain, he opened his eyes and looked up at what he had walked into,wincing slightly at the touch of his own fingers on the blossoming red mark.

"Omo, Mianhae..", he blushed with shyness and embarrassement as he saw a pretty girl sat in front of him, he hoped he hadn't hurt her since he realised he had walked right into her. He saw her blush as Baekhyun laughed and walked away, leaving Chanyeol in his embarrassed bubble. Standing up quickly, he helped her up, her hands were trembling but he liked how velvety soft they were, when she was steady on her feet, he didn't realise he was still holding them until she made looked at them as if to remind him.

Looking at her face, he saw how cute she really was, her face was small and round, it would easily fit in his hands. He felt himself blush harshly as she looked at him, both stood silently but curious. Then he noticed something that made him fall in love with her completely, he felt his ears flush crimson and saw her own irregularly sized ears dop the same, he had found someone who looked like him. Someone who didn't fit in with the norms of smaller ears, someone he knew had suffered the torment of being called "Dumbo".

Swallowing hard and looking her directly in the eyes, he muttered the first proper words he would ever say to the girl of his dreams.

"Hi, I'm Chanyeol...nice to meet you"