Chapter 1

Fate

"Gosh! At least don't do that in public!" Kyungsoo muttered under his breath when he saw a couple nearly eating each other's faces off.

"Geez." He sighed deeply, not really at the scene he just passed by. "And they're not even soulmates." It was about what he didn't see around their hands.

All he was saying to himself might pass as crazy to someone who heard him now but truthfully, he, Do Kyungsoo, could see the red string.

Red String of Fate. It was said that the two people who were connect by this red thread were destined to be together regardless of time and circumstances.

Having this ability for his whole 26 years old life, he couldn't even tell if it was a good thing or not. He had come across many couples,happily in love with a red string of fate connected them together.

However, he had seen a fair share of couples, who were madly in love yet were not soulmates and the thought that it wasn't going to end well pained his heart. Because it reminded him of his parents.

He was a victim of a temporary love between the unfated couple. His parents, who lacked the red string connecting their little finger, finally divorced when he was 10 after countless fights.

Now at 26, he was working in a good company, well paid enough to live comfortably. With those thoughts and without even knowing, he was already in front of the company, cold air hitting his face as he went in.

That was not the only thing hitting him. "Ouch!"He felt a slap at the back of his head which he nearly shaved everything off not long ago. Curses lined up on his tongue as he was sure it was his friend, Jongdae. Except that it wasn't Jongdae.

"Hehe.It seems just so tempting to do that from behind. Sorry,does it hurt?" It was Lee Narae, who was now caressing his head now. In other word, it was his crush for like 1 year by now.

One ironic thing about Kyungsoo was that though he could see other's red string, he hadn't see his yet. And neither Narae's. And that gave him hope of her being his soulmate.

"Of course,it hurts!" He mumbled. And she just laughed, her eyes crinkled at the corners beautifully. And when she ran her beautiful hands through her short black hair, he internally died.

Those were some of the things Kyungsoo liked about her. She was the opposite of him. She was very sociable, very friendly. And not too girly which was just right to his taste. She was never afraid to speak up her mind. He could go on forever listing things he adored about her.

"Why hasn't your hair got longer yet?" She asked, crossing her arms. Kyungsoo glanced at her and continued walking, her tagging along from beside. "I don't know" Actually,he knew. It was because he kept shaving it with the reason of not having to give much time to take care of his hair.

"Well,I like you better like this. You look very cute." She grinned at him like she just didn't make Kyungsoo's heart exploded. Kyungsoo badly wished Narae couldn't see his red ears.

"Oh, hey!!" Just before Kyungsoo couldn't reply anything, Narae spotted his friends. "Sorry,Kyungsoo. Gotta go now. Bye!" And he was left, waving his hand in the air like a fool.

"What the hell!?" He gasped when he saw a familiar thing around his pinky finger. "My....my soulmate." His heartbeats became faster and he felt like it was going to jump out of his chest when he realized the other end of the red string might be just around the corner. Which was the way Narae went.

"Could it be--" His pace quickened as he gripoed the phone in his hand harder.

Who is it? Who is it!?

Kyungsoo was filled with every emotions. Excitement. Thrill. Nervousness. Happiness.

He might be seeing his soulmate if he only turned that corner.  He gulped hard and stopped, straightening his suit.

Nearly there.

He turned the coner and kept his eyes on the thread instead of looking up and he followed it eagerly. Then,he bumped into someone. A strong hard chest.

"Hello?" The guy greeted, startling him. He was about to look up but then he saw a bright red string tied to his finger. And the other end came from Kyungsoo's which meant they were......

No no no no no no no no. It can't be.  A guy!? My soulmate!?

Without even looking up, Kyungsoo immediately turned around and ran as fast as he could from the guy.

He started to feel dizzy with all those thoughts but that didn't stop him fron running. And when he did, he realized he was at the emergency staircase where not many people bothered to come.

However, he hadn't much time for himself as he heard a door opening sound followed by heavy breathings.

"You--you dropped your phone." In front of him was that guy, sweats dropping from his temple and breathing heavily. Red string brightening very red between them.

Kyungsoo couldn't say anything. He was standing there so still. But the guy spoke up again, loud and clear with a very big grin.

"Hi. I am Jongin. Kim Jongin."


 

A/N- hope u enjoy it! :)