Final

I just want some chocolate
Please log in to read the full chapter

You knew Kun knew something was off.

He knew it when you ate a whole plate of lasagne with a veggie salad and French fries on the side, a scoop of triple chocolate ice cream and a bar of chocolate the day before. He knew it when you tossed and turned in bed all night, not being able to sleep. He knew it from the way you dragged yourself to the bathroom in the morning, hands over your stomach, your face is puffy – and it wasn’t because of crying. He knew it when you cursed under your breath when you came out of the bathroom.

Yet, you tried to play it cool and brush off his attentive questions. You persisted that you were totally okay and that he couldn’t do anything to help you anyway. You were a tough, badass amazon, not some whiny little mochi who would throw a tantrum at the first subtle sign of PMS (although you felt the urge to throw a tantrum, not knowing the reason, you just wanted to yell at somebody… or punch someone in the face… both sounded awesome).

However, after eating a whole lot of chocolate waffles in the morning (with more chocolate sauce on top), your stomach already displaying the pregnant belly effect, you couldn’t keep it a secret anymore; you knew you had to tell him the truth. You were supposed to go on a movie date before noon and then have lunch together somewhere around the cinema, but your cramps were so horrible that you didn’t feel like leaving a house. You didn’t even feel like moving your pinkie finger. You wanted to lay down all day and sleep. Knowing that your sleeping schedule was messed up anyway when it was that time of the month, you knew it wouldn’t happen, but hope was the only thing that prevented you from having a mental breakdown at times like this.

“Honey!” you cooed a pitch higher than usual as you made your way to the living room where Kun was reading a magazine. Your boyfriend looked up with his sparkly, caramel-brown eyes and gave you the sweetest, most reassuring smile ever that could turn your legs into jelly in a matter of seconds.

“Yes?” he hummed, indicating that he was listening to you. You started playing with the hem of your old-worn Disney pyjamas (the one that you got from him for Christmas), not knowing how to confess him. It wasn’t like he was uncomfortable around the topic. He was aware of women’s struggles, but you usually didn’t show any sign of weakness when it came to your period. However, your PMS was acting up more than usual and you realized there was no point in hiding your pain anymore.

“Do you think we can postpone the movie date?” you suggested with a forced smile, hoping that it would work on him. You should have known better that Kun wouldn’t let it slide.

“Of course.” He nodded right away, his gentle, soothing voice laced with worry. “What’s wrong? Are you feeling sick?” He squinted his eyes as if he was looking for any possible injuries and immediately rose from his sitting position. He was a bit taller than you like this than you, but you never minded being the small one until you could put your head on his shoulder when you wanted to.

“It’s just that I’m on my period and I don’t feel like leaving the flat. I have cramps and my stomach and face are both bloated, so I’ve thought we could just stay here and watch a movie here instead,” you confessed a bit coyly, feeling more vulnerable than usual.

You were afraid that Kun would take it to heart but the affectionate smile of his immediately put your mind at ease.

“That sounds lovely,” he gave in, reaching for your hand to squeeze it gently. You were so touched by his reaction, you didn’t think that he would be so supportive even though you knew Qian Kun was literally a

Please log in to read the full chapter