Will you be mine?

Will you be mine?

 

It was a Saturday afternoon. You were still in bed,sleeping like a (pig) . The sound of your alarm clock startled you from your sleep. You lazily rubbed your eyes and yawned. You wanted to reach out to stop your alarm clock from ringing. But too bad your arms were quite short. You kicked the annoying clock down to the floor as you sprung up to get ready for your date with Mr. Homework and Mrs. Housework. You dragged your heavy feet towards the washroom.
 
You were living alone with your sister named,'Clarice'. You wanted to make breakfast for yourself and her. Clarice had gone out while you were still sleeping. "CLARICEEEEE! COME HERE NOW!",you screamed for her. There was no response. "(surname) CLARICE! Get your here now!'',you yelled again but it was to no avail. 
 
After what seemed like eternity,you realised that your sister wasn't at home. You sighed as you settled down on your couch while eating your breakfast. You switched on the television. There didn't seem to be many interesting shows going on. You kept on switching the channels. 
 
"Damn this. Nothing to watch. What is a television for?",you scolded the innocent television. 
Your handphone's message ringtone rang. "Great. Now who is that?",you grumpily walked towards your study desk and picked up your phone. 
 
"Hey ____! Let me guess. You are still sleeping,isn't it? Remember you are supposed to meet me for a lunch,if possible +homework date. Kinda sad right? I knew you would wake up late. Your such a sleepyhead. As we decided the other day,we shall meet at _______ library @ 4pm. Please come asap ok? :) I'll be waiting!~Donghae~". Donghae had texted you. 
 
"OH MY GOOD GOD. How could i forget about meeting Donghae? Its already 2:45pm!",you gasped. You rushed to your room,got dressed up in the nicest outfit possible and applied light make-up. 
 
You went to the nearby taxi stand to catch a cab. You waited and waited. No taxis seemed to be stopping for you. You heaved a big sigh. You decided to walk to the library. It was only a 25 minutes walk from your place.
 After a few minutes,your footsteps began to feel heavier.  
 
You took a glance at your wrist watch and you were thrown into a state of shock. "2:42pm already?!",you muttered nervously. Time had flown by in a wink yet you were still quite far away from the library. "TAXI! TAXI!",you hollered,making a fool out for yourself. You ran flagging your arms like a bird flapping its wings,at the taxi before it had a chance to zoom away. 
 
~Your handphone rang. You answered it abruptly.
"Hey sleepyhead. Where are you! I've been waiting for quite long you know."Donghae sounded impatient. "Er,Im ----Im on the way already.",you told him while stuttering. "Where are you exactly now?",he questioned you. "Uhh,near ______. Dont worry I'll be there in ten minu---",your call was cut off. Donghae hanged up before you could finish your sentence. 
 
While you were walking briskly,your high heels were caught between the grid pavement,twisted and broke. You lost your balance and almost fell into a nearby drain. Fortunately,you landed on the rough pavement. Your knees were bruised. "Ouch....it hurts! Ow!",you cried silently in pain,wishing all your heart that a passerby would come to your aid. 
 
As if your prayers were answered,a silver mercedez car stopped right beside where you were standing. The car looked familiar but you weren't sure if it was who you thought it would be. "Hey,are you okay? What happened?",a recognizable voice called out to you. That voice! You turned around.
 
"Uh,Donghae?",you were surprised. It really was Donghae! "How d-did you know where I was? Ow...",you stammered. "Er,I was on the way to the library too. I was kidding about waiting for you. I wanted to fetch you but since you were already on your way there,I came this way. And found you. That really doesn't matter now. Is it painful? Come,let me help you.",he held your hands.
 
You felt a jolt of electricity rush through your body. A sudden surge of adrenaline. You shivered at the sudden contact but honestly,you loved it. Your cheeks started turning pink. You didn't know you had feelings for him till you realised what was happening. 
 
Donghae put your hands over his shoulders as he brought you his car and settled you down. He took out a few first aid materials from his boot and aided you. Slowly,your pain started to lessen. You felt appreciative and thankful of him. "Thanks Donghae",you whispered,as though words didn't want to escape out of your mouth. 
 
"Ah,its okay. Anything for you.",he said while smiling. You found like pinching his cheeks for being so sweet all of a sudden. He was usually teasing you but this time he wasn't. You smiled back to him like an idiot. 
 
After necessary actions had been taken to ease your pain, Donghae drove you to some place.
"Hey,uh,why are you going this way? I thought the library was that way.",you pointed at the opposite directions as you asked him. "Uhh,yes but I thought we should go somewhere first.",he replied you. "W-where?",you hesitated. 
 
"Wait and see",he said while smiling cheekily. 
You were awaiting the surprise but you felt a bit nervous too. 
 
After a few minutes,Donghae and you arrived at what seemed like a park. 
 
"W-why are we here,Donghae?",you asked him.
"I'll tell you later. Just follow me."he reassured you without answering your questions. He opened the door of his car for you. He then searched for some items in his vehicle's boot. He took out an average sized picnic basket and his guitar and he led you to an open grassfield inside the park. He laid out a picnic mat.
 
 "Please sit down. And wait for the surprise.",he winked. You nodded a head like a little kid listening to her dad. "Is he gonna ask me to eat picnic with him? Thats so sudden!",you thought. You looked around and noticed a couple making out. You found it sweet but cringed at the thought of seeing them do it in public. 
 
You noticed that many couples had visited the park on that day.
He opened his picnic basket. He was giggling to himself as he saw your uneasiness. He was preparing the little "picnic". "What on earth are you planning to do?"you asked him curiously. He took out some sandwiches,home made pizza,pieces of fruits,two large coke bottles and side dishes such as fishball,nuggets,fries and sausages. 
 
You sat down wondering what he was planning to do. "Woah,thats a lot of food. Who made them?",you asked him. It sounded like a complain. He remained quiet. Then he said,"I dont think so. It was cooked by me so it should taste great.",he boasted.  
 
"So what about our homework?",you enquired him again. "Screw homework. Today,me and you are gonna have picnic,the Donghae style and have a good relaxing time from all the slogging we do during schooldays.",he said. I chuckled at the idea.
 "Okay...Then can i start eating?'',you winked at him. "Er,of course. Help yourself,Ms _____". 
 
You and Donghae chatted while filling your tummies. 
There were a few awkward silences between your conversations but you both just laughed about them.
 
After you have done eating,Donghae started getting agitated. 
"Uhh, _____. Can i a-a-ask you something? Its kinda personal. " Donghae said. The atmosphere suddenly turned serious. 
"Yes,you can",you eye-smiled back at him.
Donghae rummaged through the basket to find something. "Where did it go?",he scratched his head. "Here it is!",he exclaimed. You were laughing at his cute actions. He took out a medium sized box out of the basket.
 
"_____ ah,I've always wanted to ask you something. I dont know if it would make you happy or sad. I just felt that i should not hide my true feelings any longer. " Donghae blurted out laughing right after . "Was that a joke?",you asked him. "Erm,no of course. Im just nervous!",he revealed his feelings again. How nervous could he have been to blabber everything he felt? 
 
You smiled reassuringly. "Dont worry. Just say it.". Now you were also feeling a bit tensed. He adjusted his hair and took out his guitar. "Before the real thing,let me dedicate you a song.",he said as he took his guitar and started strumming it.
 
He began singing as he played the guitar:
the morning sunlight is like you
it might be a little childish, but i like it
if i'm by your side when you wake me up
i have nothing more to wish for
i want to see you
 
don't think that we can't love because we're young
before it's too late
before i grow older, can you hold onto me?
i love you only, as much as the sky
you truly are the reason i live
i really, really, i want to hug you like crazy
we're still going too fast, right?
 
whenever our eyes meet
i wonder if the smile that grows on my face
might reach a corner of your heart
i whisper into the beautiful ear
inside of your uncertain heart
my feelings of love for you
 
i'll be taking you
girl, i know without you
without you, i miss you
i'll long for you forever
my feelings of desire and hope
my love that grows deep again
i can no longer hide them
 
my heart will catch you and not let you go
can you feel it as well?
before, oh, it's too late
before i grow older, can you hold onto me?
 
i know that your heart
cannot come by my side yet
can i just call you my one?
you are my one, my everything
i really, really, i want to love you like crazy
i can do that now, right?
 
He ended his mini singing session and asked you "How was it?",with a nervous smile. You had an idiotic wide smile plastered on your face. His song touched your heart. You knew what he wanted to tell you. You replied,"It was amazing!". He beamed with a bright smile at your comment.
 
"So,you get it dont you?",he inquired while fiddling with his guitar.
 
You were bewildered at his question. You weren't sure what to reply him. You smiled shyly. He noticed your expression and took something else out of his picnic basket. It was a heart-shaped box with chocolates inside. 
 
"So,do you realise what day it is today?",he asked you. "Uhh nothing special right?'',you responded with a blur look on your face. 
 
"Its...er....February 14",he replied you. "Ohh,valentines day?" you thought. Then it hit you. It was valentines day and Donghae has prepared all this for you. "So you get it? ",he asked again. "Uhh yes..." you replied.
 
"On this beautiful day filled with love,may i ask you something?",he paused.
 
He cleared his throat and said
 
"Will you be mine?",he handed you the box of chocolates while smiling that billion dollar pearly white smile at you. 
You felt your heart skip a beat. Your face flushed bright pink. You avoided his eyes as you accepted his offer. Slowly, a rosy scarlet color spread over Donghae's cheeks, making his face take on an almost childlike appearance. He quickly turned his head away, embarrassed by his reaction. You could feel butterflies start flying in your stomach. 
 
Donghae tried to calm himself down and looked into your eyes again. His brown hazel eyes gazed into yours. You replied to his questions
 
 " Yes,I'll be yours."
 
"I love you",he whispered. 
 
Donghae smirked slightly,as he closed the gap between the two of you,crashing his lips onto yours.