Final

Unstoppable

The first day on her posting at Song & Kim, she expected enthusiastic reactions from fellow co-workers to have received a new employee in the department. But when it's time she reported in for her first day, the office barely had people yet almost everyone else took her as invincible and they all were seriously working, except for one.

"Yerin!" This one HR assistant that managed her recruitment and took her to the main office called for a certain female employee there. "This is the new staff. Take her to the managing partners!"

Yuna quickly bowed and greeted her new colleague. "Hello, I'm Choi Yuna!" She was sure her voice sounded so nervous, that's why the shorter girl in front of her chuckled.

"Sure boss!" The girl had a significant eyes smile, pretty and charming. But she smiled way too much it's almost came out as flirty in Yuna's eyes.

"You rascal! Go ahead now!" The HR assistant joked and hit the girl's chest, but to Yuna it looked like she hit her on purpose as her own eyes almost popped out in disbelief at the unnecessary contact. It was too for her to take.

"Bye Jihyo!" Yerin waved her hand as the former returned to HR office.

"Come in Yuna-ssi, I'm introducing you to all the staffs here!" Yerin showed her eye smile again as Yuna followed her steps to get to the center of the office. "Everyone, this is our new staff Choi Yuna, in charge of a..." she lowered down her loud volume while tilting to the taller girl.

"Uh- secretary," Yuna whispered for Yerin to continue her words.

"-in charge of administration." Yerin finished the short briefing and let Yuna did all the remaining parts.

"Hello, I'm Choi Yuna, nice to meet you!" The girl bowed again this time to all the department's staffs.

"Oh hi!"

"Hello Yuna-ssi!"

"Enjoy your first day here!"

Their kind words were weak and almost had no sincerity at all, but Yerin didn't seem to notice while Yuna had too much inside her brain.

"Come here Miss Choi, let me take you to the partners now!"

***

"Now Miss Choi, Miss Jung here is our paralegal, has served for this firm for over two years now. If there's anyone you'd like to ask help from, Miss Jung will likely be the person to aid you," the managing partner, Kim Jinwoo explained briefly.

Yerin stood beside Yuna and had a wide (lowkey creepy-like) grin on her face while Mr. Kim stopped talking. He glanced up at his paralegal when she wasn't moving at all. "Are you not going out? I need to talk to my new secretary personally."

"Oh, my bad sir," Yerin finally realized she had no business being there and retracted her steps timidly. "I'll get going now, sir," she said before leaving the partner's room. Mr. Kim could only shake his head at Yerin's antics.

***

"We're lacking support staffs here, so you could say I do two jobs at one time before you came," Yerin came over to her desk without notice. Whatever came out from was not something she saw coming.

"You're low-key saying you're glad I'm here now or you wanna show-off?" Yuna glanced up while her hands still clapsed on the documents in her grip Mr. Kim gave her earlier.

"You could say both," Yerin grinned, not shaken by the former's indifferent tone.

From the documents Mr. Kim gave her were the organization chart of the office, monthly activity reports and more other statements. There were two best lawyers that included Mr. Kim himself and another lawyer was Mr. Song Minho, the other managing partner. Under them were their senior and junior partners, Kang Seungyoon and Lee Seunghoon respectively, and a few more other attorneys.

Miss Jung Yerin that she just (barely) knew was in charge of the office, and of course assisting the attorneys in drafting/collecting documents, doing researches and more for them. From what Mr. Kim informed Yuna earlier, she learned there was another support staff who was supposedly be Mr. Kim and Mr. Song's secretary but quitted for the past two months. She reckoned that's how Yerin ended up doing two jobs at a time.

"It's lunch time, let's eat!"

This particular paralegal never got tired of trying, did she? Was there really nobody else that would take her out for lunch except for Jung Yerin?

Yup, everybody had disappeared but just the two of them.

Yuna looked at her co-worker uncertainly. "Yeah, sure." Which she wasn't really sure of, frankly.

***

"How do you think about my new hairstyle?"

The lunch plan turned out wasn't just the two of them but also the HR assistant from earlier, Miss Park Jihyo, a new recruit that worked for the firm just like herself, Ryu Sujeong and another staff that she had yet to know her name.

Jihyo was sitting next to Yerin while Yuna sat across the latter. Sujeong was beside Yuna and the other girl was next to Sujeong.

Jihyo was waiting for Yerin's reaction expectantly.

"It suits you very well. You're pretty with and without bang, nevertheless," Yerin answered carefully while her hand the former's hair. "This brown colour looks very nice on you too," she added in the end.

"I was afraid if the change of my hairstyle would be too much since I only had dark colour before but the boss doesn't seem too mind..." the both of them only talked to each other literally forgetting the remaining three existed.

"How's your first day going?" Sujeong asked, whispering so only Yuna could hear her.

"It's not that bad, but it was pretty boring too. Nobody was really excited of having me employed there, well maybe Miss Jung is an exception!" the latter said in the same tone as Sujeong used.

"I had lots of work to cover as soon as I got in there. My boss is pretty strict, so I kinda hate it," the tall girl was really honest of what she said.

"What are you working for anyway?"

"Accounts!"

"Chaeyeon, why are you so quiet? Whom you're texting?" Jihyo had her focus on the other girl, Jung Chaeyeon was her name and she worked for the same field as Sujeong, accounts. Yuna finally learned it.

"Heehyun! We have a plan tonight, she told me to dress up prettily!" Chaeyeon answered, her face looked glowing.

"You're beautiful no matter the way you dress up, to be honest, even with the clothes upside down!" Yerin had her way with her words, before adding more. "Maybe prettier out of clothes too!"

The other girls shrieked as if their ears were damaged while Yuna's jaw just dropped and her eyes were about to pop off.

Jung Yerin was a master (more like monster) of flirting, she thought. She called every girl she talked with pretty and even dared to say something as ual to somebody's girlfriend.

Yuna gotta stay away from that monster.

***

Days, weeks, even a month passed. Yuna got adjusted to her workloads, and sometimes too much works in a day really made her feel worn out. Almost everyday she came back home only after 8. Eunha, her roommate had constantly nagged her about it.

Just like she first decided, Yuna avoided talking or interacting too much with Yerin. The certain paralegal creeped her out with her 'sweet talk' and her flirty behaviors didn't really suit her taste. Every time Yerin came near her Yuna would pretend she was too busy to entertain the former, and she would always have lunch with Sujeong instead whom she had become really close with recently.

Minho came back from the court he just attended with his partner, Seunghoon and rushed to his office, walking passed her desk. "Tell Jinwoo I'm seeing him in my office immediately," he instructed.

"Yes sir," she answered before dialling Jinwoo's extension number. "Mr. Kim, Mr. Song wishes to see you in his office right now."

She could hear him sigh on the other line. "He's already back in the office? He should've come straight into mine instead of ordering me around."

Yuna could only smile although Jinwoo couldn't see her. "That'll be all sir," she told him for the last time before setting down the telephone only to hear it rang back. "Hello, Song & Kim office!"

"Yuna, could you please go and take the suits that I left in my car?" It was Song Minho.

"Sure sir," she answered to his order before stepping out.

***

There were two suits which were still new and nicely covered with a plastic. One was dark blue and another was brown yet both weren't the same sizes. She wondered if Song Minho bought them not for himself.

She was struggling with the suits and while on her way returning to the office she met Yerin. The paralegal walked in sync beside her. "Want me to bring one for you?"

Yuna became anxious having the flirtatious girl around her. "It's fine, I can manage!" They had arrived at the doorway of the office as she said that.

"Of course you can," Yerin responded without hesitance and left to her cubicle, leaving Yuna dumbfounded.

"That useless jerk!" she infuriated as she glared at Yerin's slowly fading back.

She knocked Minho's office once she stood before the door and just pushed it opened like she usually did.

To make it such a horrific experience, she  found her two bosses with such close, intimate body contact.

And they were kissing, so passionately, with Minho on top of Jinwoo on his own desk.

"W-wha-" she was speechless at the scene and remained petrified on her position.

Realizing a bit later they weren't alone, Minho quickly retreated while Jinwoo had stood straight while fixing his suit.

"I-I'm sorry sir!" Yuna apologized and managed to put away the suits she was carrying before hastily leaving the office.

She had never imagined the owners of the Song & Kim had a thing between them. She had always thought those two were quite hot headed with one another although they never broke into obvious physical fight.

This new fact she had just learned (scratch that, she actually saw it) was a shock for her.

Her whole body was trembling as she exited Song Minho's office, her legs wobbled as she took baby steps to her desk. She felt dizzy and wanted to just slam down.

Yuna looked ahead, watching as all her other co-workers were on and about with their works and were practically ignoring whatever happened in their surroundings.

She wondered if they knew about those two in the office.

***

Yerin sat down to join her in a tea time together. Yuna's brain wasn't functioning well at the moment so she couldn't reject Yerin's company away thus let her stay.

"Are you okay?" Yerin asked sensing Yuna's mind was not present as her physical, looking dazed and staring into spaces.

The younger girl was focusing on nowhere but staring ahead blankly, nodding her head.

Yerin heaved out a sigh as her eyes never left the girl before her. "Look, you need to forget whatever you just saw back in the office!" she said seriously.

Yuna's eyes widened; she had never told about the incident she saw to anyone, especially Yerin. "You knew?"

"I'd been where you are now, that's no secret from me. I've been working for them for two years!"

"So how do you figure out I found out about them?" Yuna asked.

"Minho oppa told me," the Paralegal told curtly.

"Minho oppa?" the secretary was in disbelief from the way the former addressed their boss.

"I've known him for years, I was his junior in college even." She added, "Anyway, he said I should comfort you and persuade you to not break the secret to anybody else. Honestly don't you really see that coming?"

"No, I thought they'd come to each others' necks because they always bickered," she said naively.

"Bickering doesn't mean they'd kill one another, darling."

Yuna became quiet, petrified that the co-worker had just called her "darling".

"Minho oppa only doesn't want the people in the office to know they are dating," Yerin pressed further. "So I'm assuring you to never tell it to anyone."

Having just recovered from her shock state earlier, Yuna cleared before nodding her head. "I promise."

Yerin grinned in satisfaction with the answer. "Thank you."

They enjoyed their warm drinks in silence for a while. For some reason Yuna felt more at ease around Yerin now compared to the past month. The latter seemed more reliable and warm as she got to talk to her.

"Are we really the only ones who know about Mr. Song and Mr. Kim?"

"Nope, Seunghoon oppa and Seungyoon oppa know about them too!" Yerin answered just as soon as Yuna finished her question.

"That's all?" the secretary asked for an absolute confirmation.

"............."

"............."

"Jihyo knows it too."

"..............."

"...hehehe..."

***

"Welcome home Yuna!" she was greeted as soon as she stepped in through the front door. It wasn't from her roommate but her roommate's girlfriend, Sojung.

"Oh hi Sojung unni!" Yuna said her greeting back meekly.

"Want any drink?" Eunha's tall girlfriend was in the kitchen making hot drinks for herself and Eunha thus offered Yuna as well while the shortest in the apartment was in the comfortable couch waiting for the movie they're going to watch rolling.

"Warm chocolate, yes!" Yuna beamed before joining Eunha in the couch. "Isn't she usually at work at this hour?" she whispered to her roommate.

Sojung had helped out her family in a restaurant and this hour was usually the busy hour since it's dinner time. Yuna glanced at the tall girl in the kitchen who's still making the drinks while demanding for Eunha's answer.

"Sojung unni has moved out starting today. Her family has found new helpers for the restaurant they run." Sojung came back from the kitchen and brought a tray with her. She put down the mugs on the coffee table to serve them the drinks.

The oldest girl must have had a hard time with her own family that she decided to move out. Maybe it's for the better than them fighting almost everyday just because she'a not their favourite daughter.

"I'm changing my clothes then I'll be back for the drink. Thank you unni!" Yuna excused herself before striding to her bedroom. She thought the couple maybe needed alone time for a while before she'd third-wheel them again.

***

She had better impressions of Yerin now compared to when she first met the paralegal. However she still felt uncomfortable one at a time when they sat alone together. Maybe Yuna just still didn't get use to it.

The secretary and Sujeong joined Yerin and Jihyo at the cafe in the building, located at the ground floor. It was half an hour before lunch and they sat there to kill the time.

Yerin and Jihyo did the talking most of the time while Sujeong would join once in a while. On the other hand Yuna chose to be quiet, enjoyed her ice chocolate and listened to them although her mind wasn't really there to begin with.

"Is everybody done with the drinks?" Yerin stood up as the others nodded their heads. "Alright let's head out for lunch." Jihyo followed her steps while Sujeong and Yuna were behind them.

Before she could head out, she found a notice patched in front of the cafe. "Assistants needed! Contact xxxxxxxxxxx for further information!"

Yuna read the notice before slowly taking out her phone. "I'm so gonna tell Eunha about this!"

***

For someone that wasn't friendly with her co-workers, they sure gave her a lot to do for them...

Yuna felt like she's the personal slave of the whole department instead of the two managing partners' secretary. She had to get them drinks, make copies for them, preparing things and so on when she's not as directly involved as the person in-charge. It was absolutely annoying, to be precise.

When the office was empty, either they were out to get food or drinks or even meeting clients, the telephones just had to ring. What a timing.

Yuna had to answer the telephone's call for the supposed person in-charge. "Hello, Song & Kim!"

"May I speak to Attorney Cheon?"

It's a client, and the client's actually looking for someone that wasn't present. "I'm sorry sir but Attorney Cheon isn't available right now," she tried her best to not stutter.

"Can I speak to anyone that is in charge of my agreement? I'm Go Hoon from Glory Management!"

Yuna was getting panicked because nobody in the office was the "person in-charge" of that moment. "I apologize sir, there's nobody here from that division, let me know your contact number and I'll-"

"Stop making so much excuses! I've been calling your office from this morning and it's already goddamn 11.30, is there really no one that I could talk to about my agreement? What kind of operations are you running there?!"

She took a deep breath to control her panic attack. "I-I'm so s-sorry Mr. Go b-but all the staffs here are having an emergency meeting right now so they c-can't-" she said whatever excuse that could cross her mind than selling the tea that her colleagues were taking time off from the office and hung out at the cafe on the ground level.

"This is so disgusting! Why would there be a meeting without a proper person left that could attend a client on the phone? I'm filing a complaint on you guys for this bull. You're wasting my time and my money!"

The client was so mad that the call ended abruptly without Yuna could properly utter a sincere apology.

She's so screwed for messing this up.

***

"You got scolded by a client that isn't yours?" Sojung kindly offered her an ice chocolate when she came down for a refreshing piece of mind. The scent of the cafe which was full of brewed coffees brought a peace upon her and she felt a little better.

"Thanks unni," Yuna thanked the older girl for the drink that had helped her calmed down.

"You shouldn't let them leave you alone like that ever again. What if the client comes to the office but there's no one that could tend to him except you that who knows nothing? Who knows what he would do to you," the tall new barista reprimanded her despite she wasn't as close to Yuna as her own girlfriend.

Sojung was acting like a big, reliable older sister that Yuna could ask for so she's really thankful for her concern. All her advices she took well in her mind thus she came back to the office with a better mood.

As soon as she returned to her desk, there was a slam on her table in front of her. It was Attorney Cheon, the one which the client from earlier was looking for.

"Did you tell Mr. Go from Glory Management that I was out and slacking?!" He sounded seriously furious that Yuna could feel her stomach flipped.

"W-what? No, I only told him you were not available due to an emergency meeti-"

"Whatever the things you said to him clearly upset him. Now he thinks I'm not doing my job seriously and files a complaint to the goddamn boss! It's all your fault!" he pointed the blame on her. Yuna could only blink her eyes in confusion.

"The boss is now absolutely outrageous about the matter. He's making me do all the agreements and due by tomorrow," Attorney Cheon gave her a total of fifty files and put them on her desk. "Since you're making up to me, you have to do all these and finish them by tomorrow. Make double agreements for each files," now he gave her orders.

"Then that means-"

"A total of hundred agreements, yes!" he said smugly. "Don't ever let this get busted to the boss again!" he warned for the last time before leaving to his own cubicle.

***

Yuna unlocked the door and stepped out from the cubicle, heading to the sink before opening the faucet. She splashed the water on her face and stared at her own reflection in the mirror. Her eyes were puffy and red, a strong sign that she had been crying, so Yuna washed her face harder even if it would ruin her make-up.

Attorney Cheon made her felt so down. Not enough she had to cover his absence in the office, now he even made her did all his works. It was unfair and she felt like telling to both Mr. Song and Mr. Kim on him, but she had no guts to do so. She didn't want to create more trouble as it already was.

Yerin welcomed her when she returned to the office and sitting on her chair. "What you're doing here?"

"I just got curious when I saw all these files on your table. Since when did you do all these?"

Yuna swallowed the lump in as she was desperately finding an idea to cover the truth from Yerin.

"Is he making you doing all these without Minho's oppa's consent?"

Sigh, the paralegal already knew before she could hide it.

"I'm just making up to him since I messed up," Yuna uttered weakly.

"No, no, it's not you who messed up but him. He's been avoiding his clients' phone calls because he couldn't do all the agreements of his clients in his hands, which have been overdue for over 2 weeks. He's so incompetent like that but dare putting the blame on you? Wow I can't believe this!" Yerin got mad as Yuna could only lower her head in shame.

"Why do you still take it when it's not part of your job to get these done? Do you like being a slave that much?" the paralegal had started to raise her volume in frustrations. Her words stung, badly.

Yuna glared at the former and held her gazes. "Do you think I asked for this? I messed up with the client using his name, anyone in his place would be furious! I'm only making up to him because of my goddamn mistake, do you really have to label me as a slave like that?!" She was so done with the paralegal. "I don't have anything to talk to you anymore, can you please leave?"

Yerin gritted her teeth in dissatisfaction. She only wanted to help the rookie but her help was pushed out instead, making it hard for her to accept. "You're so dumb!"

***

Yuna had to forget about lunch since she started working on the agreements. There were so much she needed to go through and it couldn't be helped that each agreement had over 15 pages. That was surely a lot of work.

Her co-workers had cleared the office and headed out for lunch. Yuna had texted Sujeong saying she couldn't join her and she was grateful her new best friend didn't ask so much questions. Mr. Song and Mr. Kim? They had left to meet clients before lunch time, so they probably would be back a bit later.

The lights were off except for the study lamp from Yuna's desk. She knew it would be useful for her somehow but didn't know she'd make good use of it this soon.

A large box of pizza was suddenly placed on her table startling her in the process.

"You need to eat for your energy to get done with all the jobs within today and tomorrow for a hundred documents," Yerin dragged a chair and then her own laptop before joining Yuna. "I'm helping you with the agreements," she said.

As they ate the pizza Yerin also taught Yuna some sly tactics to get done with the works faster. It was memorable, and useful.

"This is what I do everyday. Drafting agreements, doing researches, pretty much an expert," the paralegal started boasting.

Yuna laughed at her statement, only to recover from her laughter just as soon. "You should have done it with me sooner, why judged me in the first place?"

Yerin beamed, sincerely and calming than how she usually did; creepy and flirtatious. However now it was charming, Yuna felt it for the first time. "I'm doing it with you now, that's all that matters."

She felt a surge of relief hit upon her as she listened to Yerin and her own breathing.

"Yeah, you're right." Yuna offered a genuine smile. "It's all that matters now."

***

By noon the next day, Yuna took all fifty clients' files with two copies of agreements each; stappled and neat, to Attorney Cheon's cubicle surprising him.

She wouldn't make it in a day if she didn't bring the works home, getting nagged and scolded by Eunha with an addition of Sojung in the process, and also Yerin and her super help. As much as it drained her energy, Yuna was content she made it before the end of the due day.

Attorney Cheon didn't seem impress, but Yerin could see it was just his cocky nature while Yuna was just oblivious.

"Have you proofread everything? Are you sure there's no error in these agreements?"

"I've checked everything for her, I'm sure there's no single mistake," Yerin suddenly showed up causing Attorney Cheon to flinch.

"You told her?" he side-eyed Yuna with his mouth moving with inaudible words.

"Come on, it's not like I don't know how you worked our rookies. Remember how you made all Mr. Song's previous secretaries did your works and they ended up leaving because they couldn't stand the pressure?" Yerin commented as Attorney Cheon was exasperated on his seat. She showed her smug victory grin and patted his shoulder. "Go easy on her!"

Yuna watched as Yerin stepped away from the cubicle and concealed her smile from being seen by the attorney. The paralegal had just stood up and went against the attorney for her, she just couldn't be more thankful to her than this.

***

"So how's the negotiation with J&T going?"

Yerin was seated in Mr. Kim's office with Mr. Song joining as they were having discussions with Attorney Cheon.

"Perfect! The CEO Miss Jessica and her partner Miss Tiffany agreed with our deal and they'd love to work with us against the SME. I thought I said you can count on me?" Attorney Cheon began boasting and winked his left eye to the Managing Partners.

"Great, but how did you convince them in this so little time?" Kim Jinwoo asked.

"I went to see them since this morning and we had a settlement before lunch," he proudly claimed.

"Then how did you manage to get all hundred copies of agreements done within a day and a half?" Song Minho had his trick played on the attorney making the latter caught off guard on his spot.

"Oh- uhm t-that's...uh-" he actually stuttered in front of his boss unlike how he started earlier on.

"He'd have to thank your new PA for that. She's such a genius and has a heart of gold to say more, so Attorney Cheon didn't have it hard getting the agreements done," Yerin interrupted before side-eyed the attorney to see his reaction. As expected, he was baffled and absolutely stunned that he was just exposed to the managing partners without mercy. The paralegal wouldn't go easy on him this time around.

Song Minho and Kim Jinwoo weren't that surprised to receive the report, to say. They were astonished, but not surprised, just disappointed. "She's that good, huh?" Kim Jinwoo praised Yuna as he set his gaze on Attorney Cheon.

"Miss Choi is a great PA. I'd keep her with us forever," Song Minho commented with a little hint of mockery as Attorney Cheon flinched.

"Uh, would you excuse me if we're done with this discussion?" Attorney Cheon had toned down his cockiness and lowered his head as he asked for Mr. Song and Mr. Kim's permission to leave the office.

"Yes, you may go!" Kim Jinwoo decided and the former moved his feet without wasting a second.

"Don't forget to say thanks to Miss Choi for her kind help," Song Minho added before the door was opened and closed again and Attorney Cheon disappeared. He turned to Yerin with his sly smirk. "Did you happen to help "the girl with the heart of gold" with the agreements?"

The paralegal grinned her usual grin without showing her teeth. "She had no other choice. I'm the most expert," it's her time to show off.

"No wonder I thought I saw your styles in them. The agreements seemed to have your touches." The managing partner was proud of his former college junior. "Very smooth, Yerin," he knew exactly what the girl had on her sleeves.

And she knew what he meant by that remark. "I learned from a master who flirted around with his fellow partner on daily basis and using "helping" card to get what he has with his relationship now!" Yerin threw her bold comment that strongly indicated a certain someone who had a huge grin on his face while his "fellow partner" had red face.

"Oh shut up you two!" Kim Jinwoo scowled.

***

"Miss Yerin!" Yuna ran after the certain paralegal when she's about to get off from the office to go home. The girl turned when she heard her name and found the secretary stopped her steps in front of her.

"Yes Miss Choi?" she looked expectantly at the rookie girl.

"Uhm, I just want to ask, would you mind to go eat dinner with me?" Yuna asked carefully, feet fidgeted above the floor. Yerin gave her a confused look.

"Like right now?" The paralegal wanted to ensure herself.

"Yes, tonight if you're free," Yuna answered shyly. "My treat because I owed you one for helping me out with my jobs," she continued before chuckling timidly.

Yerin suppresed her smile when she felt the corner of her lips almost wanted to move. Unknown to the secretary that her heart was actually leaping in joy.

"That was nothing. It has been my jobs before he passed it down to you," she tried to conceal her real feelings, which fortunately the rookie girl bought.

"Still, I'm so thankful I don't think I can repay you with anything else. Your help has been really working well for me," Yuna  said.

"If that's the case," Yerin was playing hard to get on purpose. "Then I don't think it's bad if I accept your offer," she grinned.

***

The dinner changed something between them. It was cold and dull before but now it had definitely meant something more. Yuna had her view changed about Yerin, and it was the most wonderful thing.

Over the dinner they had talked about Yerin's career for the past two years and why she hadn't been promoted to be a lawyer when her commitments with her jobs were top tier.

"I have a hard time passing the tests so that's partly the reasons why I still haven't been promoted," the paralegal was honest with her answer.

"Are you upset about it?" Yuna asked as she held Yerin's gaze on hers.

"You could say, but since I know myself better than anyone else, I don't really mind."

Yuna nodded as she took the bottle of wine and poured the drink on Yerin's glass as she continued to fill her own one.

"Let's cheer up and call it a day, shall we?" she lifted her glass.

"Sure." Yerin took her own glass, "Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Yuna beamed and linked their arms together before taking a one large shot.

They said goodnight, but both Yuna and Yerin were taking their times before they could fall asleep, thinking about the first dinner they just had together.

***

Yerin walked into the office with her instant coffee in hand. Yuna was at her desk as usual, early and punctual. The paralegal almost just walked in and passed by her desk.

Almost.

But she retraced her steps and stopped in front of Yuna.

"Do you know what's the main factor of a good teamwork?" Yerin suddenly asked.

Yuna shook her head.

"It's yuna-ted!" the paralegal grinned before moving her feet again to her cubicle.

The secretary was speechless for a second, trying hard to comprehend the joke. Then she saw Yerin was mouthing something.

"Was it good?"

Yuna finally understood and her lips creaked into a smile. She mouthed back, "No~" and made a thumb down gesture.

Yerin was like "Aw, too bad~" and made a sad face.

Yuna turned her head away and focused on the file on her desk.

Yerin's pun joke was silly but Yuna actually found her sense of humor was funny.

She was laughing hard by herself while trying to hide her face under her desk, not wanting to get caught.

***

"Coffee?" Yerin offered her a cup of instant coffee the next morning.

Yuna shook her head. "I don't really drink coffee. Sorry," she uttered slowly.

Yerin pouted and retreated her hand. "Too bad. I was just thinking of staying awake the night with you," she said jokingly.

"W-what?" Yuna stuttered causing Yerin to laugh.

"Ehem ehem!" They turned their heads and found Song Minho standing a few feet away from them. The both of them blushed at his unexpected appearance between Yerin's bad (flirty remark) joke as he eyed the both of them mischeivously.

"Good morning Mr. Song!" Yerin greeted before bowing her head and never looked up again before he disappeared.

"Morning sir!" Yuna followed and her face was still too red to face her boss.

"Morning girls!" he greeted back and headed to his office. "Yuna, my office now, please!" he commanded. "And with coffee!"

Yerin gritted her teeth at the managing partner's words as she fully understood the lawyer was teasing her.

"Right away sir!" Yuna wasted no time before she half ran to the pantry.

That was the most embarrassing thing she had ever experienced.

***

It was an hour after recess. Yerin just came back from a meeting with her client and stopped in front of Yuna's desk. "What did you have for lunch?"

"I had buffet with Sujeong earlier," she told honestly and missed the frown that began to form on Yerin's forehead.

"Why you never took me to buffet with you?" 

It was the secretary's turn to frown. "But we had steaks and wine for dinner, weren't it better?"

Yerin just shook her head. "Never mind," she said before heading to her cubicle.

"That's weird. Maybe she preferred buffet than steak?" Yuna mumbled to herself as she watched Yerin's lonely steps getting farther away from her.

***

"Hey!" It's a rare moment to see Sujeong actually visited Yuna in her department's office. Yerin who was suspicious eyed them from afar.

"Here's some cupcakes for you," the tall junior accountant gave her friend a box.

Yuna's eyes glistened in excitement upon the "gift" from Sujeong. "Thank you! You keep your promise!" She was absolutely ecstatic.

"Of course, I just couldn't give you my word just to disappoint you, don't I?" Sujeong chuckled nervously.

"Of course, I don't doubt you after all!" she said. "I hope everything will go well for you!"

"Thank you! Now, I should take my way out of here!" Sujeong waved her hand.

"Bye!" Yuna reciprocated the gesture.

Yerin showed up right after the junior accountant left. "What's that?"

"Cupcakes!" The secretary beamed, there was a shine on her face as she opened the box. "Would you like one? Sujeong baked them herself!"

Yerin scrunched her nose. "It's okay, you can enjoy them alone!" She didn't seem pleased but Yuna didn't seem to notice.

"It's your loss then. Her cupcakes were yummy!" Yuna added, triggering Yerin's rage.

"I wouldn't say no to free food!" The paralegal suddenly changed her mind and stole a cupcake from the box, startling Yuna. She then quickly left to her cubicle back as soon as the cupcake was in her hand.

Yuna shook her head. "She's really something!"

***

After dinner with her roommates, Yuna settled down on her bed while Eunha and Sojung stayed for a movie marathon. They were cuddling again as Yuna didn't want to bother them so they could have the couch to themselves.

As she rested her head on the soft pillow, Yuna checked her phone and noticed that she had received a messege from Sujeong.

From: Ddudeong
It was a total success! She likes my cupcakes, then I asked her out and she said yes!!!

Yuna smiled widely at the content and quickly tapped to reply.

To: Ddudeong
There!
I told you it'd work!
Your little honey is a total sweetheart and the cutest
She wouldn't push someone after had just received a sweet cupcake ;)))

Another message came a few seconds post her reply.

From: Ddudeong
I swear she's the cutest girl I've ever met in my life!
Never thought she'd like me too asgshsjskskka!!!
I guess I'd have to thank you for that!
😘😘


A giggle escaped her lips as she read Sujeong's texts. The girl must be really feeling too good.

To: Ddudeong
Nah!
We wouldn't have met her at the cafe if not for Sojung unnie.
So you have to thank her instead of me.
I'll tell her that you said thanks later 😉

Yuna locked her phone's screen after the last text. She was indeed happy for Sujeong but at the same time wondering when will the same opportunity come for her. She had no luck in her love life before even until now. It's like she was never made for love.

Another message came through her kakao talk notification, only it wasn't from Sujeong. But Yerin, the infamous paralegal.

From: Miss Yerin
Would you like to come over to my house on Saturday?
I have something to show you.
Hope you'd make it ^^


It was a strange request. Yuna had never come over to any of her colleague's house included her junior accountant friend. If she accepted this invitation, it'd be her first.

To: Miss Yerin
Am I going to be there alone?

She waited for her reply, which came in a second later.

From: Miss Yerin
lol
There'll be my other friends too
If that's what you're worried about...


Yuna tapped her screen to reply.

To: Miss Yerin
Sure ^^

The text was sent and seen just as quickly. Yerin was typing.

From: Miss Yerin
Great!
See you on Saturday!

Yuna didn't prolong the conversation farther and let it be the last text between them. She put aside her phone on the bed and heaved a sigh.

Why did Yerin make her so nervous?

***

Saturday rolled by quickly. Each step she took until she arrived at Yerin's front door made her so nervous, trembling in anxiety. What could actually be awaiting ahead of her?

Yuna pressed the doorbell and waited until the door was opened, revealing Yerin with half bare-faced, still looked pretty. "Hi!" the pale-skin girl beamed.  "Come in!"

The paralegal had only her shorts and short-sleeve, stripe t-shirt on her body while Yuna looked at herself on what she wore and...she had so formal outfits on her with her shirt tucked under skirt. She thought she was going to a party...

"Uh...why is it so quiet and empty? I thought you said you're inviting your friends too?" The secretary asked and looked around the house...it didn't look like a place for a party.

"Oh about that actually...ehem...you come a bit later than my friends, so they're already gone as you see," Yerin bit her fingernails, a habit she did when she "lied" about something but of course Yuna was too dense to realize.

"Anyway, let's start on the activity that I planned to do with you today!" the paralegal claps her hands and takes Yuna to the sofa in the living room. There was a coffee table in front of them with a few containers on top. What the heck was Yerin planning to do?

As Yerin led her, Yuna let her eyes wandered around the house and spotted a few framed photos. Some had Yerin with her folks, then a group of friends from her school with her uniform and when she graduated with her robe. "So Miss Jihyo and you have been friends since you were in school?" she asked and occupied the vacant space beside Yerin.

"That's right. There was Jihyo and my two other friends, Hayoung and Sooyoung or we called her Joy. Jihyo had her own close best friends too, names are Nayeon and Jeongyeon," Yerin gave her explanation. Yuna nodded her head, either she really understood or just pretended to, Yerin couldn't read.

They finally settled down on the couch and Yuna waited for whatever Yerin initiated to do.

"You see here; my friends and I were having some fun and making ice cream (*note: if you've watched Yerin's channel+ broadcast where Jihyo came as her guest you'll know what I mean), so it's a bit of a mess. But yeah we were having fun," Yerin clasped her hand as her smile reached her eyes. Yuna chuckled at the cute sight.

"So what exactly did you want to show me that you asked me to come?" Yuna began, her palms pressed onto the couch she was sitting and pursed her lips.

"Oh? Uh...about that..." Yerin scratched the back of her head, taken aback at the question. She was nervous that she might be too obvious and get caught by the former. "This..." she showed the containers on the table. "I want to show you this and making more ice creams with you, hehe..." It was a brilliant escape, yup, so brilliant.

"That's all?" Yuna chuckled as she glanced at the paralegal who had an obviously adorable confused look on her face. "Sure," she finally said and gave in rather than keep pressuring the older girl.

Yerin beamed gratefully and started to make the first move. "Okay, so here is how we're going to make this works..."

***

They smashed the ice, mix the milk with the flavours to their likings, tasted the ice creams they made on their tongues and laughed and having fun. Just like how Yerin declared before.

It became an hour when they started with the ice creams, which they repeated a few times because Yuna wasn't satisfied with the taste that she made. Until the last try which was the fifth the secretary finally was content with the end result.

Yerin went to the kitchen to make some food for her guest which she forgot to do because she was having "too much fun". "Would you like wine?" she asked the secretary who was still concentrating on the ice cream.

"Wine sounds fine to me," Yuna responded and waited in the living room until Yerin appeared with her wine and a plate of kimbap.

They toasted their drinks and swallowed them down in their throats. Yuna ate the kimbap Yerin prepared and although it wasn't the best kimbap she had, it still made her full.

"So the point of today's visit is making ice cream..." Yuna started and chuckled at her own words. The wine she drank slowly taking its toll on her.

"Not really..." Yerin managed to speak before she sipped her own wine. She then tilted to Yuna and gave the younger girl a meaningful stare. "I just want to show you off that I can do something too...and have fun with you," she continued to stare and never budged her sight away.

Yuna turned to the former and held her gaze. She tried to read Yerin by scanning her face but she wasn't exactly in the right mind to judge. "Why me?" she finally asked after searching for the right words to respond.

"Because I like you..."

Yerin slid her body forward, took Yuna closer to her and kissed her lips. The kiss was intoxicating; Yerin didn't want to pull away and Yuna wanted the kiss to remain longer.

As they continued to kiss, Yerin began to explore Yuna's thigh using her hand, carressing the thick and white skin, crawling under her skirt and cupped the back of Yuna's thigh.

It was intense. Both of them were losing their breaths but they didn't want it to stop there. As Yerin felt Yuna enjoyed the kiss just as much as she did, she started to move her lips elsewhere and stopped at Yuna's neck. She her skin and it remained for a while.

Yuna felt Yerin's hand under her skirt and took her breath when the latter kept leaving marks on her neck.

Until her mind suddenly had a different thought and she abruptly opened her eyes.

'What if we wake up tomorrow to a mistake?'

She had to push Yerin away from her and quickly rose on her feet. The look on Yerin's face showed how much she felt betrayed but Yuna had no time for that. She had to get out from the place fast.

"Sorry but you're drunk, and so do I," Yuna sighed and grabbed her bag but Yerin caught her.

"Does it matter?" She was obviously unhappy.

"Yeah," Yuna batted. "It matters to me! I don't want the both us to wake up tomorrow and regret for the things that shouldn't happen! We're working together in an office for goodness sake Yerin, how could we be doing that?"

Yerin shook her head. "It shouldn't be a problem! Minho and Jinwoo can have their own office romance just fine so why can't we do it?" she argued with Yuna's points.

"Well I don't know them," Yuna's jaw was tense as she met Yerin's gaze. "...but I'm surely bothered by the thought of it. It could ruin everything and the last thing I wanted was to having that "something" with you or anyone esle in our office." She turned her feet to the other direction and headed to the door. "Bye!" she said before the door was closed again.

Yerin slumped her bottom on the couch feeling dejected. The things weren't going according to her plan so who wouldn't feel like that.

It was all ruined and she messed up badly.

***

Yuna had to apply for a day leave all thanks to the marks Yerin left on her neck's skin that wouldn't go away. She was too stupid to think of a concealer until Sojung pointed it out. When she came home from Yerin's place that night she had to a face a "hell-Eunha" who turned "green" like a mad Hulk upon seeing the marks.

"The hell did you do with your officemate in her house? Is she trying to you?"

"Babe, that was a little too dramatic don't you think?" the short girl's tall girlfriend was trying to tell her off. "Yuna is an adult, don't make it seem like she's a minor!"

Sojung had a point there. Intellectual indeed. If not for her Yuna could only listen to Eunha's rage all day and never dared to back herself up. Because, honestly, she felt it's a wrong thing to do too.

But she didn't know why it was wrong in the first place. It's not like they had dating ban in the office for her to feel she shouldn't be dating Yerin.

The only thing was, it wasn't about dating but more about Yerin trying to get into her pants. Only she was wearing skirt instead of pants.

Okay, Yuna gotta stop working her brain like a mess like that.

The chatroom of rookie recruits like her included Sujeong was on fire when she was away. There was rumor spreading around and Yuna wondered what had happened at the office on her absence.

Daebak incident!

Holy sh--

Is that true??


Choi Yuna...are the news even legit??

Who wants a reward raise your hands~~


Yuna furrowed her eyebrows as she read her colleagues' texts. Some of the rookies weren't even friendly with her but now they're calling her name asking her to reply in the chatroom.

Sorry guys...

Yuna finally typed.

I'm wondering what this is about...I'm absent today so can somebody please enlighten me??

She sent the message and waited for any kind soul that could help her out.

Yuna!!!
The office is in a state of apocalypse!!!


It was Sujeong...and her dramatic entrance.

???
Are zombies breaking in our office or something...???

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

You're funny Choi~

No silly~


Only Sujeong could call her that. The girl was her only good friend so she could tolerate the insult.

We were told that someone within this firm had been leaking information to our rival company. Either turn yourself in or get exposed, are the choices~

Yuna sat up instantly at the breaking news.

Wait what??? Leak information???

Yeah...

The legal team is still investigating, and your bosses are not taking it well.

They suspect the traitor is within your department Yuna!

The secretary sighed. She had no idea what's going on. As long as she worked there wasn't a hint of betrayal at all. Whoever did this must be a devil hid behind a mask. And top acting skills too.

***

It was awkward when she crossed paths with Yerin in the office. As much as she pushed the shorter paralegal away, the thought of their kiss had her mind gone crazy. And cussed her beating heart.

She returned to the office after lunch with Sujeong and her new girl as she saw unfamiliar file and documents on her desk. She reviewed the documents and the file's title before deciding on something.

Yuna took the file with her and entered Song Minho's office, a bit surprised to see him there with his head rested on the table and took a nap. The managing partner rose his head when he heard the door opened and found his secretary.

"Sir, I assume this is the file you've been demanding to receive. It was on my table so I'm delivering it to you."

The file changed hands and Song Minho paid his attention on it before glancing up to her. "Thanks?"

It was a strange use of tone from him but she nodded anyway. "No problem sir," she bowed before walking out. The secretary wondered as to why his reaction seemed to be indifferent when he got the file when he should be elated.

***

The tall secretary came back from the toilet when a crowd in front of her department's office surprised her. "What's happening here?" Yuna grasped her friend, Sujeong's hand as she spotted the skinny girl among the crowd.

"Hey, you never told me you knew whose doing it was all along!" the junior accountant locked her head.

"What are you talking about?" the headlocked girl was absolutely confused.

"Choi!" an associate guy cut their talks. "I never knew you would expose her! I thought you and her are pretty close. I guess you're using that to your own benefits, huh?" the guy smirked. Yuna threw a look of "WTF are you talking about?" but not opening to waste her energy talking to him.

Sujeong once again got her attention as the girl held shoulders. "Is it true Miss Yerin did all that? She doesn't seem like the type to betray her own bosses especially one of them was her college's senior."

Yuna widened her eyes as she heard Sujeong's words. "What?"

The commotion died down a little but a few whispers could still be heard. The secretary looked ahead and found Yerin who just came out from the managing partner's office looking dejected while walking to her cubicle. Yuna ignored Sujeong despite the girl's call and went inside to read the situation more clearly. She honestly didn't understand a single thing of what was actually happening. 

The paralegal had taken her handbag and briefcase, leaving her other personal stuffs behind. "Do you want me to you out?" she heard a few guys snickered as they mocked her. Yerin turned to them fiercely. "Save your energy, I can get out by myself, thanks!" she was sinister and hissed at them.

As Yerin saw Yuna on her way out, she scoffed. "Do you really hate me that much that you need to get rid of me this way?" 

A pained expression crossed the secretary's face. She never said she hated the older girl so her words of accusation hurt her.

The former had gone the next few seconds and Yuna was  lost for words. Yerin never came to work again after that.

***

Yuna said a little prayer as she arrived in front of the door. It was all had been a misunderstanding. Yerin was accused of selling information to a rival company and Yuna was the one who exposed her doing that had been a complete false. How things turned out like they were she didn't even know and had no time to think about it yet.

She pressed the doorbell and waited before Yerin showed up. The paralegal snorted when she saw Yuna's face and almost closed the door back before the taller girl quickly blocked using her full force of hands.

"What do you want?" Yerin was deadpan and Yuna had never seen her so seriously mad before.

The secretary sighed and looked apologetic. "I'm sorry for what happened but I swear I never turned you in!" she raised her hand.

Yerin's glare scared her away. "Do you really think it was my doing?"

Yuna quickly shook her head. "Of course not!" she answered enthusiastically. "I didn't even know how you get caught in the documents I turned to Mr. Song but trust me, I never believe you of anyone else would turn your back on him!" 

She saw the shorter girl rolled her eyes and began to feel more anxious. "Please..."

"I don't know Yuna...I feel so bitter and disappointed. You turned me in and Minho oppa didn't trust me. I'll just leave the firm and you gotta stop bothering me!"

"I-"

Yerin closed the door before Yuna could say anything else. The cold treatment was as expected but still surprised her. Her inner soul was crying despite her calm demeanor. Surely she wouldn't be able to sleep in peace for this. Her guilt was eating her up.

***

"The documents said confidential reports and usually only certain authorized personnels are allowed to get access. Yerin's official email and ID number were recorded on the top right of the report, that's how they caught her."

Jihyo had explained when Yuna came to her for help. The girl was a good friend of Yerin and knew almost every detail of rules and system of the firm so she came to the right person.

"Confidential? Then how did it come to my table when it should get straight to Mr. Song's hands personally?" Yuna asked in utter confusion.

"That's exactly the point Yuna," Jihyo glanced at her. "Yerin was set up for this or she really did it and someone else exposed her through you; which I believe that's not the case at all!"

 Yuna was quiet and pursed her lips. She thought about Jihyo's words for a while and agreed with her.

"I think you're right," the secretary claimed as the HR assistant handed her a USB. "You can take that as a receipt," the latter said and winked.

Yuna gripped on the USB tightly. "I will do my best to clear Miss Yerin's name!" she said afterwards with full determination.

Jihyo nodded her head gladly. "You don't seem to not like her that much after all. I wonder why you turned her down that night."

The tall secretary was surprised to hear her. "You knew about us?"

"She's my best friend since school duh," the brown haired girl snorted. "Who do you think gave her the idea to invite you to her place and make ice cream together?" she smirked.

Yuna blinked as she locked her eyes with Jihyo's. "You think I'm such a fool?"

Jihyo had no place to judge her so she shrugged. "That's your choice to make. Don't let petty thoughts be a hindrance to your true feelings," she said her words of wisdom and squeezed Yuna's shoulder followed by an audible mumble. "Damn giant, why does she have to be so tall?"

***

The ride home was dull and the dim streetlights didn't help her feel any better. She wondered if there was still any cure left that could heal her feelings of hurt and anguish. 

She failed to get a proper job after she was out from Song & Kim. It's like her former employer had put her on a blacklist and blocked the path of her career.

Yerin sighed as she took her way inside the elevator and up to her floor. Never expecting to see a face she'd been missing, although her ego was highly telling her to ignore the dark haired figure.

Yuna rose from hugging her knees in front of the door when Yerin finally showed up on the floor. The girl wasn't as cheery as she used to be and the former felt responsibled for it. She clenched her fist as Yerin's small steps approaching.

"What you're doing here?"

The smile that once shined the most had changed into a cold stare that sent the chill down to her spine. Yuna gulped as she braced herself to face this different Yerin.

"I wanted to apologize for everything," she breathed and looked into the shorter girl's eyes. "And I wanted to apologize for pushing you away that night," Yuna continued.

The former paralegal sighed as she shifted her eyes away from Yuna's endearing gaze. "I don't want to talk to you now, please leave," she pleaded with slightly irritated voice.

Yuna blocked her path and grabbed the former's wrist before she could flee. "Let me explain everything to you. Just this once, please," she was close to tears because of the close rejection but she also was determined enough not to budge from the place.

Yerin glared at the taller girl but another part of her was slightly glad that the latter was persistent to stay and talk with her more.

"Fine," she relented in the end, tilted her head so Yuna wouldn't see her suppressed smile because the girl was being such a dork after gaining her permission to stay.

"Thank you," the secretary beamed and never took her eyes off of Yerin while the latter felt her face heated by the former's stare. "Will you let me talk to you inside? It's freezing cold and I've been sitting here since an hour waiting for you."

Yuna was wearing short sleeve buttoned shirt and skirt on her knee-length. The outfit had affected the farthest corner of Yerin's heart as she had grown a little worried, but she kept her cold facade because it wasn't her fault she kept Yuna waited.

"Fine, get in!" she finally said granting Yuna's wish causing the girl to grin in joy.

***

The cozy house had once again set Yuna at ease and made her felt like home, but it wasn't the same when Yerin appeared again from the kitchen with the same demeanor; unfriendly and cold, although the girl brought warm drink for her.

"No alcohol, just tea!" It sounded like a provoke to her ear and she was absolutely sure it was likely true.

"Thanks," Yuna said anyway for less tension. It could turn out worse if she fought her.

Then it was silent. Yuna found it hard to speak as they sat in there, with Yerin's exceptionally sealed mouth, with pressure rising in the air. Nothing, just breathing.

Even breathing felt like a difficult task with Yerin whom she hadn't seen in a while beside her.

"Are you just gonna sit there, drink that and leave?" The host was definitely sarcastic. "You said you wanted to talk."

Yuna heaved a sigh and awkwardly put away her drink before glancing up. She was intimidated to meet Yerin's strong gaze but it was much softer than earlier on. She felt relieve somehow.

"Alright, I want to apologize for exposing you, which wasn't my intention at all," she said but the other girl was quiet. The silence forced her to continue her words. "I didn't turn you in, I swear."

Yerin had looked at her with doubtful gaze. "Then who else did?"

"The reports were on my table before I could catch who put them and by default I gave them to Mr. Song. I didn't go through the content but just the title of the files," she told honestly.

"How are you so sure I didn't do it that you came all the way here to apologize?" her voice had turned much softer unlike before.

"I asked for your friend, Miss Jihyo's help to get access of the CCTV and did all the power I could to investigate and gain evidence. It turns out Attorney Cheon was the mole all along but shifted the blame on you."

The former shook her head in disbelief. "Cheon Minshik? That's impossible!" she denied the accusation. "He was loyal to Minho oppa and Mr. Kim, there's no way he would betray them!"

"I didn't mean to accuse him baselessly because I had proofs. I even confronted and caught him off guard!" Yuna said defensively convincing Yerin. "I saw him sneaking and using your PC on CCTV, he faxed those reports to our rival company, then it got out," she continued but with softer tone.

Yerin facepalmed and sighed to herself. She couldn't believe it was his doing before the blame eventually fell on her. He whom she trusted for the span of her career despite his attitude had just completely betrayed her, the company he served for five years, and his managing partner whom he declared where his loyalty lied on. Attorney Cheon had lost his mind for sure.

"Another thing," Yuna spoke had Yerin slowly lifted up her face and glanced at her. "I'm sorry for making you feel offended after our "drunk" kiss. I really ruined all the fun for us after that night," the former added with a hint of guilt and lowered her head. "I didn't know what got into me but I felt there was something that held me back rather than enjoying the kiss as I initially did."

"Y-you...actually enjoyed the kiss? I thought you didn't like it because you were drunk," Yerin inquired hesitantly to ensure she wasn't mistaken.

"Y-yes," Yuna stuttered shyly, her face heated at the confession. "I might be a little drunk, but I was fully conscious when I felt your lips against mine. I was internally screaming for that kiss too," her face turned more shade of red.

"Then why...what made you said those things back then?" The former was genuinely confused, her eyebrows were furrowed waiting for the answer that felt like thousand hours passing.

"I-I actually..." Yuna bit her lower lips, reluctant on to say or not about the truth. Yerin was still waiting for her not realizing she was holding her breath.

"...a-actually I..." The dark haired secretary closed her eyes, "I was uncomfortable at the thought that you had many intimate interactions with our other colleagues," and finally confessed.

Yerin's jaw dropped a little and one of her eyebrows was raised when Yuna peeked her eyes opened.

"You were flirting with practically every girl we had at our office, so I had the thought that you might kiss them too and I wasn't the only one," she sighed after ending her simple sad story.

"Especially with that Hwang-Bi girl, our new associate!" she added with a hint of rage. "You were flirting with her all the time, how could I feel secure that you were serious with me?!" Yuna ran her hand to the back of her hair in frustration.

The former paralegal pursed her lips before slowly bursting out, finding the situation irony. "You're saying you were jealous of Hwang Eunbi, don't you?" she smirked.

Yuna cussed as her cheeks grew red. "I wasn't jealous!" she denied the claim. 

Yerin covered to suppress her laughter. "Sure," she said defeated. "What else?"

"Nothing much," Yuna shook her head. "Just you and Miss Eunbi," the girl fiddled her fingers. "And Miss Jihyo!" she added a little too fast, causing the former to chuckle, and her cheeks to blush harder.

"Yeah, not jealous at all," Yerin teased.

They enjoyed the temporary silence and Yuna was more than thankful she had the time to calm herself down albeit short. It's this kind of quiet moment that actually comforted her.

"Actually..." Yerin trailed her voice catching Yuna's attention. "I was jealous of you and Sujeong too," she confessed shyly. "You always seemed to avoid me at your best and chose to stick with her most of the time."

Yuna listened to her honest words in utter surprise. The least she had expected was Yerin became jealous of her close friendship with Sujeong.

"We're just friends!" she interjected.

"I know but it doesn't make me feel less insecure," the former fidgeted her fingers as her face flushed of the colour red.

"She already got a girlfriend," Yuna replied.

"Yeah I know...wait-what?"

Yuna giggled at her reaction. "Sujeong just got herself a girlfriend, a really cute one to say more. I don't stand a chance for her," she said and ended with another giggling. Yerin's ears grew red as she could hear Yuna's sinister laughter.

"So," Yuna continued to speak making Yerin lifted up her face. "We're even now, right?"

The dark-haired was all shy and tapping her fingers. Yerin found her cute and she just wanted to kiss her face to show her affections.

"Yes, we're even!" the former paralegal said before leaning closer. "So you don't mind if I kiss you now, right?"

Yuna held her breath as Yerin drew closer. She was having a panic (gay) attack if the latter kept being like this; all serious and alluring. Her gaze was strong and charming, chanting Yuna under her spell. "Yes, please..." she sounded almost desperate with her breathy voice.

They locked their lips together, Yerin encircled her arms around Yuna's waist and the latter secured hers around the former's neck.

Not only until the morning came, the sun rose, Yerin prepared breakfast and they cleared the plate the host served that Yuna left the house.

***

Everything was back to normal after that night. Yerin got her  job back at Song & Kim, eventually gained apologies from both managing partners. Song Minho especially was regretting so much for firing Yerin out of the firm, although the girl ensured it wasn't entirely his fault.

The paralegal was preparing to take legal tests to become a lawyer. Amidst her busy working life she managed to spare her time to study, and of course with the help of her recently official girlfriend, Yuna (she was helpless most of the time duh, law wasn't her major xD ).

Yerin showed up at work after her test. She was all grinning and giddy that her girlfriend was convinced she had done her absolute best for the exam without being asked.

"Yuna my pup~~~" The older girl called with purposely flirty voice, showed her toothy smil and her eyes turned into crescent moons. "Let's eat with me, hehe," she asked.

Yuna's face turned red the nickname Yerin just called her. "Shush, do you want us to get caught?" the girl whispered followed by Yerin's pouty lips.

As the paralegal sulked, Song Minho turned up at the office and came across them. "Yerin," he called his junior who quickly turned to him in surprise and dropped her sulk. "How's your test?"

"I have a good feeling about that!" Yerin said proudly.

"That's good!" Minho nodded before moving his legs again heading to his office but stopped his track. "And, please get a room you two!" he said wittily and smirked.

Yerin and Yuna were embarrassed that they did get caught and by their own employer on top of that. Their faces flushed and the latter couldn't find the guts to look up anymore until he was gone. Yerin got slapped on her shoulder instantly.

"That's for embarrassing us!" Yuna whined.

Yerin giggled while rubbing her shoulder. "It hurts!" she hissed. "You owe me a kiss later!"

"You owe me more than that!" Yuna challenged.

The older girl smirked. "Surely I can give you more than just a kiss!"

Yuna slapped her once more. "You're seriously being like this?" She was as red as a tomato.

"You can't stop me!" Yerin stuck her tongue out.



END


***HI!!! Here's the YeJu one shot I'm presenting to you guys! I hope you enjoy the story and everything. And yes I just added a short SongKim couple from WINNER and also little WonHa ^^ Feel free to drop your feedbacks as you get done with the reading, I will appreciate then all :))

p/s: This is probably the longest one shot I've ever written huhu Thanks to my friend  Sundavar427 's support I was able to write this one shot 😘