Fin.

Fairy Tale

    “Which one do you like better...this one or this one?” Seokjin held two paint samples up to the wall, staring back at you expectantly.

 

    “Jin, they look exactly the same.”

 

    He let out a huff and playfully glared at you. “Sometimes I think I’m the only one who cares about the wellbeing of our baby. What if she grows up in a room that’s the wrong color pink and she hates us forever?”

 

    Easing yourself slowly into the chair, you grinned back at him. “I’m sure she’ll survive.”

 

    Jin threw his hands up and left the room, muttering to himself about impossible people.The smile lingered on your face as you surveyed the nursery. It was becoming all the more real by the day that you were about to be parents. As nervous as you were, though, Seokjin had been an absolute angel throughout the entire process. You had both decided to find out the baby’s gender early so that you could prepare and start thinking about names, and Jin had started buying everything and anything pink that he could find for his little girl. It had started small; a pair of tiny pink socks, a pink stuffed bunny, a few pink onesies. Now he was completely redecorating the nursery so that it would fit in with the pink theme. You found it endearing, really, that he was so dedicated to matching everything together, and it gave him something to do besides fuss over you all the time.

 

    Now, it would be really hilarious if your daughter ended up hating the color pink.

 

    Humming a little tune for yourself, you glanced up as Jin rushed into the room again, his eyes aglow.

 

    “I’ve got it! Fairy Tale Pink!” he exclaimed triumphantly, holding up another paint sample that looked exactly the same as the last two. “It has a cute name and is a shade that should be pleasing to the eye and not too bright.”

 

    You gave him a soft smile. “Sure, it’s perfect.”

 

Seokjin grinned at you, then held out an arm. Pulling you to your feet, he motioned towards the door. “Now, let’s get shopping! Look at this catalogue. There’s a sale on baby clothes going on right now, and there are little bows on the onesies! And we’ll have to go and pick up the paint, too, and while we’re out we can go get-”

 

You groaned and buried your face into his shoulder. “How are those onesies any different than the 30 we bought already? Can’t we just stay home and relax today?”

 

Jin pursed his lips and shook his head. “Our little girl will be the cutest baby on the planet, no doubt about it. And that means she’s gotta be the best dressed, too.”

 

And so you found yourself sighing and grumbling alongside Jin for the rest of the day. He put up with your whining admirably, always cheerful despite the fact that you leaned on him constantly, and you couldn’t help the small smile that made its way onto your face and stayed. He would be an absolutely amazing father, and your family was going to be perfect. You couldn’t wait for the next stage of your lives.