Our Baby Bean

Our Baby Bean

 

 

"Thank you so much, Jaejoong. I can’t say how grateful I am seeing how healthy and perfect Brownie is. He’s just like Choco when I brought him home." The man standing next to the scientist smiles happily while patting the small brown poodle puppy in the incubator.

Kim Jaejoong is one of the most famous and successful scientists in Asia for pet cloning. So far none of their experiments have ever failed. Oh yes, he works with his partner, Jung Yunho.

"It’s our duty to ensure the successfulness of the experiment. So Choco will be put to sleep tonight. He wouldn’t feel any pain and Yunho will make sure everything is in order." Jaejoong said as he slowly feeds the puppy from the special tube.

Kim Heechul nods before he wipes his tears, it will be a lie if he said he’s not sad hearing his beloved pet who he raised for past 6 years will be leaving the world.

"Thank you so much, you and Yunho have done a Wonderful job. Siwon will transfer the payment by this evening." Heechul said as he bid his farewell to his newly cloned puppy.

Kim Jaejoong nods as he watches the wife of Choi Siwon, the biggest entertainment company owner, walk out from his lab which explains why they afford to have pet cloning.

Finished with the feeding, he leaves his lab and walks to an office, with Jung Yunho’s name written on the door.

"Earth to Yunho? " Jaejoong said with a smile, sitting on the sofa in front of the desk where the said man is busy working.

"Hey, settle with Heechul?" Yunho asks yet his eyes still focused on his computer.

"Yeah, we can go ahead with Brownie Sleeping Procedure as usual. Oh, by the way, we have one meeting with Mr. Lee Hyukjae aka Eunhyuk who also a friend of Heechul, they want to clone their zu. Yoochun has arranged the luncheon at Seoul Palace Hotel and.." Kim Jaejoong stops midway as he sees the man seems not to be listening to him.

Jung Yunho stops as he realizes that another man is looking at him, seeming a bit mad. He slowly stops his work and sees Kim Jaejoong, grinning innocently.

"Sorry, I'm busy with the project. Need to make sure everything is good for tomorrow’s presentation." Yunho said as he rubs his neck.

Kim Jaejoong nods his head as he knows how important the project is to Jung Yunho, indeed it’s important to both of them so he can understand the feeling.

"Well, we have checked everything and it’s all good, even Yoochun said it’s even better than our first presentation. Don’t worry Yunho, we can do this." Jaejoong said as he smiles warmly, try to convince the other scientist.

Jung Yunho sighs as he nods before he smiles softly, looking at his partner of 10 years. They can do it, all they need its approval from the ministry of science and technology.

"So let's meet this Lee." Yunho said happily as he gets up from his seat and pushes the clueless Jaejoong out from the office.

---------------

Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho sit in front of the long table where the other 2 women and 3 men are looking at them seriously. It’s pretty obvious how tense the situation is as no one in the room is smiling as if it would be a criminal offense if they’re smiling.

"Profesor Jung, Dr Kim. The ministry is fully grateful and appreciative with what you’ve both done from kidney solutions, cancer cures and recently the success of cloning." The man who sits in the middle starts talking as he looks over to them and then the files in front of him.

"We understand the vision and mission both of you have is to ensure Korea becomes the leading nation for medical, however, this is a bit too advanced perhaps?" The man continued as he looks to fellow members who sit next to him and nods his head.

"But..this can help any couple who can’t conceive." Jaejoong blurted out, disappointed with the Ministry people.

"Couples who can't conceive or are gay? We won’t have our nation as a gay hub. We’ve had enough with cloning and now this? What will happen to girls out there?" One of the ladies asks with her annoying tone, glaring at Jaejoong.

Kim Jaejoong can’t help a sigh and before he‘s able to open his mouth, a tap from Yunho on his right, asking him to calm down.

"We can’t say that we are not disappointed when you all see it from that point of view. Our motive is to help the couple who can't conceive regardless of their gender. We are aware of the implications but we give the ministry all authority to set the rules for the procedure." Yunho said carefully as he looks at to the people who are giving him mix reactions.

Anger

Disbelief

Annoyance

"Profesor Jung Yunho, Doctor Kim Jaejoong. We are sorry to tell you that ministry won’t approve this kind of procedure in our country. This will be declared as an illegal experiment and if you’re caught performing this illegal experiment you will be sentenced to life in prison." The man said as he writes something on the file before they leave the room and both scientists who are still shocked.

Park Yoochun, the Seoul Research and Development Institute owner, sighed as he watched his 2 best friends who looks so sad and disappointed. He was there with them, and saw how the 2 genius scientist had come up with the idea.

It started when they hung out together, the scientists and his wife, Kim Junsu, the famous and best musical and ballad singer who he married 2 years ago jokingly saying he wanted to have a baby.

Their own baby flesh and blood.

He thought the joke died there but it was very surprising when the 2 scientists started studying women’s pregnancy and delivery. The institute had become their home, spending their whole day just for the absurd idea.

Yes, Yoochun was a bit pessimistic about the idea. How on earth a man can pregnant when they don't have a womb and no ovum, to begin with.

But after the presentation by Jaejoong and Yunho, it all seems possible. Of course, as an owner for the well-known R&D Institute, he encouraged the 2 scientist as he knows it's not only beneficial to him for the profit or publicity, but there will also be a lot of couples who will thank them.

Yet the news he received is not what he expected. The reason for rejection was damn petty.

'Baby Bean Project' needs to be disbanded and the project will be kept in their archive.

"Yunho, Jaejoong… why don’t both of you take a short vacation? You’ve worked so hard for past 6 months for this so why don't you all take a rest before starting another project?" Yoochun said as he look at the 2 scientists.

Kim Jaejoong sighed heavily before he nodded his head, even he can see that Jung Yunho remains stoic.

"Yeah, I guess me and Yunho do need that." Jaejoong said before he turns to Yunho who finally lets out a very heavy sigh.

Jung Yunho nods his head and walks out of Yoochun’s room leaving his 2 friends a bit confused with him.

"Don't worry Chun, I'll talk to him ok?" Jaejoong smiles to the owner before he walks out from the room to find his scientist partner.

Jung Yunho sits at the café, the nearest and most famous café among the institute staff. He watches all the people, his favorite pastime to release stress.

He sips his coffee as he keeps watching the people who have become so individualistic, no more caring about other people.

Like the barista guy who looks so exhausted but he still managed to smile even none of the customers ever thank him.

Or the woman over there who seems to be impatiently waiting for her coffee, maybe she needs to attend a very urgent meeting or perhaps an interview seeing how she keeps organizing the files in her hand.

"Hey Yunho, you should stop staring. It's rude you know." Jaejoong chuckles as he sits in front of Yunho, sipping his own caramel latte.

"It's not my fault when they are fun to watch." Yunho said dejectedly as he eats the eclairs.

"So have you thought about your vacation?" Jaejoong asks happily as if he never met the community board this morning.

"I'll probably be staying here and go to work when I am bored." Yunho said ignoring Jaejoong’s heavy sigh.

"Hey you need to rest Yunho. You know I heard summer in Hawaii is fun." Jaejoong exclaim happily, try to convince his partner.

"Naah, I will pass. I want to check on the project paper and see how we can convince the community board." Jung Yunho said firmly and it can't be denied a very strong determination can be seen in his eyes.

Kim Jaejoong sighs as he knows that tone and look of Jung Yunho. No one can change Jung, he’d rather not try from having a very long week of cold Jung Yunho.

"Tell me if you need my help alright? I'll probably wait till the end of the week before flying out to somewhere." Kim Jaejoong said as he gets up from his seat.

Jung Yunho nods his head, he is glad that Jaejoong didn't lecture him on the issue. That's the very last thing he needs.

"Yunho, don't be so stressed alright? I am here to help you with everything. Just tell me if you need me, it might take some time for us to convince the world about this project." Jaejoong said it with his smile before he walks out of the Cafe, leaving Jung Yunho alone.

---------

Kim Jaejoong opens his door quickly as the bell rings non stop. He swears he will kill whoever is behind the doors, disturbing his leisure time as well as killing his mood for the movie he is currently watching.

"Yahh!! Can you learn to be patient?" Jaejoong shrieked as he opened the door, but all his scolding lines were forgotten when he sees the man.

Jung Yunho who looks so miserable, not shaven and Jaejoong doubts he’d taken a bath for the past 3 days.

"Yun...Yunho? Are you alright?" Jaejoong asks Yunho who looks very confused, walking into his living room.

"I'll get you some water." Jaejoong said as he watches the professor sit and when he’s about to move, a hand stops him, holding his arm.

"Help..help me Jae." Jung Yunho uttered it softly, before looking up to Kim Jaejoong who looks so worried.

"I want the project to go on, the baby bean project." Yunho said as he keeps looking at Jaejoong who is now seated next to him.

Kim Jaejoong takes a deep sigh, he can't lie saying he didn't see this coming but he didn’t expect Jung Yunho to be this determined.

"Yunho, you know we have been forbidden to get help. How we can continue this project?" Jaejoong asks softly and carefully trying not to hurt the man even more.

"We can't get other people to help us, but we can help each other." Yunho said casually ignoring the gasping and jaejoong’s widened eyes.

"Please Jaejoong..I just need you to carry the baby..I am begging you..please.." Jung Yunho begs as he holds Jaejoong’s hand, looking to him full of hope.

Kim Jaejoong closes his eyes as he takes a deep breath before he opens his eyes, looking into Jung Yunho’s eyes and hoping whatever happens in the future, he will not regret it. Kim Jaejoong lays on the operation bed, looking up at the ceiling. Try to find whatever courage he can find.

Maybe backing out is not too late.

"Alright Jae, the developed embryo is ready and the reproduction of nucleus is at their best level. You ready?" Jung Yunho said casually as he checks the vital signs from the machines.

Kim Jaejoong smiles softly which he believes is the most awkward smile he has ever given. He keeps telling himself that everything will be fine and there is nothing to be scared of as he knew himself the whole procedure.

"Hey Jae, you can stop this if you don't want it. I am sorry if I am forcing you." Yunho looks at Jaejoong softly as he caresses Jaejoong’s arm.

"No, don't worry Yunho. I’m just nervous, you know I am not a fan of needles." Jaejoong chuckles lightly as he nods his head.

"So I will begin the process. I will inject our developed embryo into your stomach and after 30 minutes another injection will be given, the reproduction of nucleus that will work as amniotic cells aka balloon or airbag to protect the fetus as well to develop the fetus as how it happens in female pregnancy." Yunho explained as he watches Jaejoong as well he monitor the scanning monitor while moving the transducer on Jaejoong’s tummy.

"Jung Yunho good luck and I trust you," Jaejoong said as he looks at Yunho who is now holding the syringe to begin the procedure.

Jung Yunho takes a deep breath as he slowly injects the first syringe into Kim Jaejoong’s tummy. It will be a lie if he says he is not nervous and scared, but he knows he needs to muster up his courage.

Kim Jaejoong breathes slowly as he feels the weird cold liquid in his veins, it's a normal feeling just like when you received a shot at the clinic.

"Alright seem like the embryo is successfully in your tummy and according to our research and experiments, once the reproduction of nucleus inside you, the embryo will develop to form the zygote and later when you reached the 2nd trimester the nucleus will start to produce the amniotic cells." Yunho once again explains as he watches the screen and the vital sign.

"You are nervous right? Don't worry everything is fine and I know the whole procedure, Yun." Jaejoong let out a chuckle as he watches Jung Yunho who is now smiling shyly.

"Sorry I.. I cant hide it.. let's start with the nucleus shot." Jung Yunho smiles before he slowly once again point the string to Jaejoong’s tummy and shot the liquid into Jaejoong’s fair and flawless skin.

"Alright, there we go. According to our calculations, another 3 weeks you should be pregnant." Yunho said as he wipes Jaejoong’s tummy from the gel and helps him to get up.

Once everything is done, Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho leave the Institute, that was the most awkward walk they ever had after working together for almost 8 years.

Jung Yunho knew he shouldn't be forcing Kim Jaejoong but this is the only way to prove themselves. It's not some cheap daily basic experiment. This experiment is to help a lot of people and show the world that ual inequality is so yesterday. This experiment also may ensure the health of the baby, as a lot of genetic diseases can be avoided.

Jung Yunho lets out a heavy sigh as he wishes that in 3 weeks time he can have good news.

--------------------

Week 4

Kim Jaejoong is once again sitting on the operation table, watching Jung Yunho prepare the ultrasound machine before he put the gel on his body.

"Alright let's see...oh...wow.." Jung Yunho gasps watching the monitor as his hand stops moving the transducer.

Jaejoong looks at the monitor before he also gasps seeing the image. He can't believe it.

They did it.

He is pregnant.

"Wow..oh my..Jaejoong you are pregnant...I...oh god.." Yunho blurted out as he keeps watching the small dots on the monitor.

Kim Jaejoong bites his lips, he doesn't know how but he suddenly feels emotional when it's confirmed he is pregnant.

"We need to run a blood test to confirm how many weeks you’ve been and your hormone levels," Yunho said as he helps Jaejoong get up.

"Just draw my blood and I will run the test," Jaejoong said as he looks at Yunho who still in shock.

Jung Yunho nods his head as he can’t help grinning, feeling so proud and happy. They’ve succeeded in the first level of the baby bean project. He’s even smiling while drawing Jaejoong’s blood.

Kim Jaejoong runs the test before he printed the result. He checks the result and can’t help smiling.

"I am 3 weeks pregnant and all hormones seem perfect. As for now, I won't recommend the progesterone injection." Jaejoong said as he hands over the result to Yunho.

Yunho nods his head while reading the results and agrees with the carrier man. He takes the results and the scanning image before compiling it in one file.

"Yunho, congratulations you’re going to be a father," Jaejoong said with his sweet smile before leaving the man in his own lab.

----------------

Week 11

Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho sit next to each other at the dining table, while their friend Yoochun and Junsu are sitting right in front of them.

"So have both of you come up with the new project?" Junsu asks as he watches the 2 scientists.

"Nope, not yet." Yunho answer shortly as he sips his juice, before turning to Jaejoong who is busy with the beef on his plate.

"Jae? Hey is there something wrong with the food?" Yunho asks as he notices Kim Jaejoong cut the beef into small slices, more like playing with the food.

"No..I don't want the beef, it just suddenly..." Jaejoong mumbles with his pout before he pushes the plate away from him.

"Do you want my salmon? I'll take the beef." Yunho ask and he changes their plate when Jaejoong nods his head with a big smile like a kid at Christmas.

Park Yoochun monitors the 2 scientists silently as he knows how both of them are in closeness, and he’s pretty sure he‘s never see Jaejoong pouting in front of Yunho.

"So guys, are you sure you don't need the vacation? The institute doesn't mind approving your vacation." Yoochun said as he watches his friends who are shaking their heads.

"It's alright Chun, we both have a lot of jobs to be done.

Thanks for the offer." Yunho said as he smiles at Yoochun and Junsu who look at Jaejoong.

"Jae, are you putting on weight? Your cheeks are getting chubby." Junsu blurted out as he chuckles watching Jaejoong who chokes on his juice.

"No..I am not fat..thank you duck ." Jaejoong whines as he wipes his mouth and sulks.

Kim Junsu can't help from laughing as he sees his best friend sulking. Just like the old times when they are back at the university. But it's the truth, the scientist is a bit chubby.

"Hyung~ it's true, I have watched you since you both entered the restaurant. You’re a bit chubby, your tummy is showing too." Junsu continues as he laughs happily with his hubby and misses the pale faces of the 2 scientists.

After few hours, the happy couple and the scientists leave the restaurant and yet for them it's a very alarming case. They both stay silent on their way home, Yunho overly focusing on driving while Jaejoong tries to remain calm.

"Jae..." Yunho calls Jaejoong as he parks his car at the car park however it’s cut off when an incoming message comes to Yunho’s phone.

From : Jaejoong

Yoochun, I will take a one year vacation. I need to

attend my friend’s wedding in Japan.

Cc: Yunho

Jung Yunho reads the message before he turns to Jaejoong who holds his own phone.

"It's the best thing to do for baby bean." Jaejoong whisper it softly as he puts his hand on his bit visible tummy.

Week 13

"We will stay here till baby bean is delivered, I have tell the building management no visitors to our Unit unless it’s approved." Yunho said as he put the luggage on the floor while Jaejoong is looking around the penthouse.

"It’s nice and you will stay here too right?" Jaejoong asks as he slowly sits on the sofa.

Jung Yunho can’t help chuckling seeing Kim Jaejoong’s reaction. It’s purely cute especially with his chubby cheeks and pink pouty lips.

Its scream cute.

But he know the doctor will be damn scary if people call him cute.

"Yes, I will. No way I am leaving you alone here. By the way, I am looking for a dietitian who can help us to monitor your diet, probably by next week she'll be coming in." Yunho said as he sits next to Jaejoong who nods his head.

Kim Jaejoong smiles happily as he looks at Yunho, and is bit nervous even though this is not the first time he being so close to the professor.

He likes the man’s cologne. It's so soothing. Alright that's not it Jaejoong, it’s purely pregnancy hormone.

"Jae~~ If you need help or anything just call me alright? No matter what the time is." Yunho said as he holds the man’s arm.

"Eung...yeah..suhre.." Jaejoong stammers as he bites his lips and quickly looks away, he can feel how hot his cheeks are now.

Damn these pregnancy hormones.

----------------------

Week 18

"Doctor Kim, you need to eat the salad to balance your diet. It's not healthy for you to eat all those sweets foods all day long." The dietitian said as she pushes the salad bowl to Jaejoong who is watching the tv.

"I don’t want it. It's not tasty." Jaejoong answers coldly without even turning his head to the dietitian who lets out a heavy sigh.

"You know that I can report this professor Jung." The dietitian say with a smirk when Jaejoong stares at her, not even with single blink.

"I dare you Boa and we’ll see who will win." Jaejoong said gritting his teeth, trying to calm himself.

Kim Jaejoong squints his eyes when the shoulder length woman calls someone. He knew from the beginning Boa has feelings for Yunho.

"I knew it, you’re doing all this because you want to be with Jung Yunho. You’re so low." Jaejoong blurted out once Boa finished talking to Yunho.

The dietitian who’s also a best friend of Jung Yunho can’t help being shocked hearing the words. It's not her first time hearing this kind of rumour. But what surprised her is it’s Kim Jaejoong who’s saying it

With a tone full of jealousy.

"Where do you get that idea?" Boa asks the carrier man who’s now in his second trimester.

"Oh come on, only blind people can’t see it. How you look at him, how you smile at him and everything." Jaejoong blurted out as he sends a deep glare to her.

"And what’s that have to do with you? You’re both just doing this for the experiment. Are you jealous Doctor Kim Jaejoong?" Boa ask amusedly when the man is now very angry, she’s sure if looks can kill, Jaejoong would already be a murderer.

"Jae~~..."

"Listen here Yunho, I don’t want her or any dietitian. Kick her out or I will be leaving the house. She wanted to be with you rather than taking care of me. So make your decision now." Jaejoong cut Yunho’s words who had just come in and makes everyone in the room startle.

"Jae?" Yunho steps closer to Jaejoong, reaching the angry man’s hand even though he’s so clueless.

"Yun~~~ I don’t want her...please~~~ I'll take care of my diet." Jaejoong whines as he turns to Yunho,

Showing his pouty lips and sad eyes.

"It’s alright Yunho, I'll be leaving and Doctor Kim, take good care of yourself alright?" Boa chuckles as she takes her bag and walks out of he house.

Yunho pulls Jaejoong to sit next to him, trying to understand the whole situation but seeing the man smiling happily he can’t help feel so mesmerized with his smile.

"Yun~ why’d you come home? Tsk this lady made you ditch your work. I am sorry." Jaejoong mumbles as he looks down at the carpet.

"Hey it's alright, I just wanted to come home and check on you. It's a boring day at the Institute." Yunho explains to Jaejoong, caressing his hair.

"Eung...Yun~ can I have some ice cream? Please?" Jaejoong ask with his sweet smile looking straight into Yunho’s eyes.

Damn the pregnancy hormones make Kim Jaejoong so adorable.

-------------------------

Week 27

"JUNG YUNHO!!! YUNHO!!!" a very loud scream can be heard in the house as if an emergency is happening.

"Yes..yeah..why? What happened Jae?" Yunho asks as he pants for air, looking around the master bedroom

"I CAN'T FIT IN TO MY SKINNY JEANS...I AM FAT!!!"Kim Jaejoong exclaims as he throws his Jean's Randomly across the room.

"SEE THIS SHIRT ALSO MAKE MY TUMMY VISIBLE. IT’S AN UGLY SHIRT!!" Kim Jaejoong shout as he pulls his shirt from the wardrobe and throws it away.

Jung Yunho takes a deep breath as he collects the shirt from the floor before he hugs the man from behind.

A pregnancy mood swing is scary.

"Hey Jae~ Jae..Jaejoongie..shhh..Take a deep breath...alright that's it.." Yunho hugs Jaejoong tightly as he breathes along with the calm man and smiles when he feels Jaejoong is calm.

Kim Jaejoong closes his eyes as he can’t help feeling sad, he doesn’t really know why he is behaving like this, his mood swing is something scary especially when he enjoys the moment when Jung Yunho is so close to him.

"You are the prettiest man I ever met Kim Jaejoong, never doubt yourself alright? Trust me you’re the most y pregnant human I’ve ever seen." Jung Yunho whispers it to Jaejoong as he turns the man to him, hugging him and soothing his back softly.

And Jung Yunho doesn’t even know how on earth he can say those words but he can ensure that he is very sincere about what he said.

"Now, let's go out and go shopping for your new clothes ok? And maybe we can find some stuff for baby bean." Yunho said as he caresses Jaejoong’s bulging tummy softly.

"Ohh..wahh..Do you feel it?" Jaejoong widened his eyes as he looks at Yunho who looks a bit clueless.

"Call baby bean again...Call again.." Jaejoong urges the professor as he move the latter hand to his tummy’s left side.

"Baby bean?...Baby bean this is your daddy.." Yunho starts awkwardly before he widens his eyes and looks at Jaejoong who is smiling happily.

"It’s baby bean..baby bean likes you." Jaejoong chuckles as he bites his lips, feeling so nervous and shy.

"It’s our baby bean dear and baby bean surely loves mommy too." Yunho said as he unconsciously pecks Jaejoong’s forehead who is giggling when they feel baby bean’s movement.

It's picture perfect for anyone who see it, a very loving romantic couple who are expecting their baby.

----------

Week 32

"You sure Jaejoong, this is normal?" Yunho asks Jaejoong worriedly as he massages the swollen feet of the man.

"Yes Yun..it’s nothing, it's pretty normal for a pregnant mommy to have swollen feet, some believe it's a sign it’s delivery date is soon." Jaejoong chuckles as Yunho shakes his head.

It's always like that, Jung Yunho is more into science logic and facts while Kim Jaejoong always mixes the native beliefs and logic.

"Alright we’re done here. Tomorrow we will do another scanning to see is everything is alright. So my dear baby bean, behave alright and don’t trouble your mommy so much." Yunho said as he caresses Jaejoong’s tummy before leaning down and pecking the bulging tummy.

And when Jung Yunho is about to leave, Kim Jaejoong calls the professor, a very shy and timid voice can be heard.

"Yun~can you sleep with me? Please." Jaejoong mumbles shyly before he quickly hide himself in the blanket.

Jung Yunho laughs as he walks back to the bed and lay next to the hiding doctor.

"Hey I am here and now you are hiding." Yunho said as he pulls Jaejoong closer to him.

"Yahh, don’t laugh on me. It's the hormones alright?" Jaejoong whines as he peeks from the blanket.

"Alright damn the hormones. Now let's sleep my angel." Yunho said as he switch off the light before he pecks Kim Jaejoong’s lips.

Kim Jaejoong smiles shyly as he snuggles next to Jung Yunho, enjoying the warmth and his favourite scent that is coming from the professor.

Hoping that Jung Yunho doesn’t hear his heartbeat that is pounding in his chest.

------------------

Week 32

Kim Jaejoong smiles happily as he sees the image from the monitor as Jung Yunho move the transducer on his bulging tummy.

"See the reproduction of nucleus created the amniotic cells and it’s developed well to be between your abdominal pelvic cavity and pelvic cavity to hold and protect the fetus. So in other words we succeed in creating the cells and making it work as the air bag for male body to hold the fetus." Yunho said proudly as he points out the darker side in the image to Jaejoong.

"And according to my blood test, none of my internal organs or hormones are affected with the pregnancy. Based on the scanning the amniotic cells didn’t effect it too, it taking space accordingly, just perfect for the spaces between the cavities." Jaejoong nods his head as he checks the monitor and smiles.

They have succeeded.

A Male Pregnancy

A pregnancy without womb and without ovum

They did it

"Do you want to know our baby bean’s gender?" Yunho asks with a smile as he moves the transducer again while Jaejoong nods eagerly.

"Care to explain to me what this is about?" A voice asks from the back, startling the happy couple in the middle of the room.

Jung Yunho takes a deep breath as he turns off the monitor and faces the man, no fear and no nervousness can be seen.

All he knows is he has to protect the man he loves and their baby.

Yes, the pregnancy journey has made him fall in love with his partner, Kim Jaejoong.

Kim Jaejoong cleans himself before he slowly stands next to Jung Yunho, it's a lie if he’s not nervous but he won’t let anyone come between them.

Not between him and the father of his baby who he secretly fell in love with.

Damn the hormones

Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho sit in the meeting room as Park Yoochun checks the files and watches the 2 scientists.

"Both of you are aware that this experiment is illegal and you both may be losing everything just because of this?" Yoochun looks at the scientists as he closes the files.

"It's me who forced Jaejoong. He is completely innocent in the case. Just punish me." Jung Yunho blurted out making Kim Jaejoong shocked.

"Yah Yunho, it's not like that Chun, I forced him to carry on the experiment so we both can prove to the ministry that 'baby bean' project is worth it,"Jaejoong said quickly as he looks at Yoochun.

Park Yoochun takes a deep breath as he stands up and rubs his face. He can't believe these 2 scientists decide to continue the experiment despite being banned by the ministry.

"No matter who forced who, both of you are in this. If the ministry knows they will cancel your license and both of you will not even able to treat a stray dog. And if it's not the worst, the baby might be taken and raised in a welfare organization." Yoochun said as he now sits back at his place.

Kim Jaejoong wipes his tears as he hears Yoochun’s last words. No, the idea of being separated from his baby is very scary. He loves baby bean so much. He doesn’t mind letting go of his license but not the baby bean or even Yunho’s career.

"Hey boo..it's alright, we will figure it out alright?" Yunho wipes Jaejoong’s tears as he hugs the doctor close to him.

"As for now I will keep this secret but you all need to tell me everything from now on. Yunho you better find a ynaecologist that can keep their mouth shut about this." Yoochun said as he walks out the door, leaving the couple alone.

---------------

Week 35

"Hey Yunho, how is Jae?" Yoochun asks the professor as they are eating their lunch.

"He’s doing well, he is busy with the shopping as he decided to buy both pink and blue color for the baby bean." Yunho chuckles as he remembered how Jaejoong was sulking when one of the sales girls said he is wasting money.

"You really are smitten by him don't you?" Yoochun can't help chuckling when Yunho flustered.

"Come on Jung Yunho, it's so obvious you’re both falling for each other. Just confess to him before it's too late." Yoochun continues as he sips his juices.

Jung Yunho rubs his neck with a shy smile, he can't believe they are so obvious.

"Probably just the hormones Chun, you know pregnancy mood swings." Yunho answers casually as he looks at his friend who is smirking.

"Lie to everyone about it but you know we both know it's more than pregnancy hormones. Take my advice mate, if you love him it's nothing wrong. He is your baby’s mother or father in this case. You surely don’t want to separate baby bean and Jaejoong, right? Why don't you both live happily as one family?" Yoochun said as he looks at his friend who nods his head.

"Yes I do like him, it's even stronger since we live together. I’m scared that he’s just doing this to help me." Yunho sighs as he rubs his neck.

Park Yoochun laughs as he shakes his head, he can't believe the man who is labelled as a genius has become so stupid in this love department.

"Oh god Professor Jung, there will be no one who sacrifices everything just for an illegal experiment." Yoochun said as he glares at his stupid friend.

-----------

Week 40

Jung Yunho watches the vital signage taken by the nurse before he sits next to Kim Jaejoong who is resting on the bed while a lot of machines are attached to him.

"Hey don't be worry, everything will be fine," Jaejoong said with his sweet smile as he holds Yunho’s hand.

"I am sorry for making you go thru all this painful procedure. I am truly sorry Jae." Jung Yunho said as he pecks Jaejoong’s back palm.

"I will be under anaesthesia so I won't even feel anything. And it's worth it for baby bean and for you." Jaejoong said proudly as he looks at the worried professor.

Jung Yunho takes a deep breath as he decides to confess but it was cut by the appearance of a tall handsome doctor.

"Alright you two crazy men, stop annoying baby bean with your sappy drama." Shim Changmin said it casually as he checks the monitor screen once again, ignoring the deep glare from Jung Yunho.

Shim Changmin is Yunho's cousin and the most famous and best gynaecologist in South Korea and he’s agreed to help his cousin and his friend, Park Yoochun.

"Alright there, the baby bean is ready and so is the mother. Since you are the modern pregnancy, so you have to undergo the caesarean section. I'll skip the opening your abdominal part because both of you are too genius for that. It's almost the same as a female who deliver thru caesarean section. The difference is we have to be fast as your baby bean will still cover with the amniotic sac, so my paediatric team will help on that while I finish the Caesarean section. As for my concern, we are worried about you losing too much blood, I have standby blood bank for this. The rest we have to wait upon full check-up after the delivery." Shim Changmin explain to the couple.

"I will meet you in the operation theatre Jaejoong hyung. And you Mr Genius, don't take a long time and don't even plan to create drama in my operation theatre."Changmin said as he walks out of the room and once again ignores his cousin’s groan.

"Gosh, that kids have become so cocky now," Yunho complains as he turns to Jaejoong who is laughing happily.

"He is and it's so nice of him to help us," Jaejoong said as he caressed Yunho’s hand.

"Yeah, he agreed because Yoochun agreed to hire him as part of the institute and of course I have to supply his groceries for 6 months." Yunho blurted out as he rolls his eyes.

Kim Jaejoong can't help laughing as it's so expected from Shim Changmin the most mischievous kid he ever met.

"Jae~~ Kim Jaejoong, please be fine and come back perfectly fine as you are. We have a lot of things to discuss and we will start with you becoming Mrs Jung. I love you so much Jae and it's not because of the experiment, I’ve always liked you from before, this experiment has given me more time to confirm my feelings. I am sorry for taking a long time to realise it so my dear lab partner, the perfect mommy to our baby bean, will you be my wife?" Jung Yunho said as he holds Jaejoong’s hand, caressing his hair softly and smiling at the man who is in shock.

"I...Yes..yes I will..thank you Yunho..I thought I have to create some essence to make you realize." Jaejoong said as he wipes his tears and chuckles before he is hugged by Jung Yunho.

"I love you Jae." Yunho whispers softly as he kisses Jaejoong deeply, holding the man close to him.

"I love you too Yunho." Jaejoong replies shyly as he snuggles up to Yunho’s chest.

-----------------------

3 years after

Kim Jaejoong, Jung Yunho, Park Yoochun and Shim Changmin sit in front of the 3 people who are staring them with mixed reactions.

"Are you all aware it has been 3 years since you all proposed the same idea and were rejected? What makes you think we will approve this?" The eldest man, Mr Kang the Minister of Science, Technology, and Development asks the group of young men.

"We are aware and we also will come back again and again if it's rejected Mr Kang, our baby bean project is an effort to help many people who can't conceive via normal methods, who can't deliver a baby normally and yes of course I can't lie the same gender couple too." Jung Yunho answers confidently.

"We are aware many people despise the idea of a same couple having a baby as that may influence the kids but how sure are we a normal couple’s baby won't contribute to social problem issues? It's all about the education we set to the kids. As I always said the experiment will be controlled. Either the institute or ministry will set the rules, it can be decided later. It's something that we can sit and discuss, which kind of couples can be approved for this program." Yunho continues as he keeps looking the committee.

"There are no effects that may cause fatality or disability?" The Health Minister, Mr Lee asked as he checked the file.

"I have to go thru and check the experiment myself, no threat to either the carrier or the baby. Indeed I believe they are healthier than any normal baby." Shim Changmin answer proudly with his cocky smile to the Health Minister.

"You are saying as if you have tested this on humans Dr Shim, how can you be so sure?" Madam Park the National Secretary ask cynically.

"Yes, we did. Here the files for you all to see the success of the baby bean experiment and introduce to you to the first baby bean." Park Yoochun gets up as he hands it over to the Minister while Kim Jaejoong walks back into the room with a toddler.

"Dear, say hi to the uncles and aunty." Jaejoong whispers to the toddler, kneeling next to him as he pats the kid’s back softly.

"Annyeonghaseyo..I..my name is Jung Taeyong." The boy greets the people with his small voice and bow cutely.

"I am the carrier for Jung Taeyong, and yes we did the experiment illegally but we want to show to you all that it's not only helping us but it can help a lot of people in this world," Jaejoong said as he is now carrying Taeyong in his arms.

"I..I don't know what else to say." Mr Kwon said as he closes the files and looks at Jaejoong and Taeyong who is now hiding his face on Jaejoong’s chest.

"It's easy, if you all don’t approve this, we will offer this to the USA or maybe China as they both are fully interested in this experiment." Park Yoochun said affirmatively looking at the Ministers.

------------

"You didn't tell us USA and China knew about this experiment." Yunho said as he looks at his friend who is sipping champagne.

"I never knew he was looking for an investor from outside," Changmin adds as he glares at the owner who is still smirking.

"Cause I never found an investor and I didn't tell because it's a hoax," Yoochun said proudly while his 2 friends were cursing.

"Hey hey at least they approved the experiment now," Yoochun said happily as he ducks his head from the flying pillow from Yunho.

"Daddy daddy..daddy daddy..see..Yongie has chocolates.." suddenly a toddler runs happily to Yunho as he shows his chocolates inside his plastic bag.

"Aigoo, my baby. Where you been?" Yunho holds Taeyong up making the boy sit on his lap.

"With Mama..big supermarket.Yongie like it causes loooooooot of chocolates." Jung Taeyong said happily as he looks over to his dad and his plastic bag.

"And you’re not going to have any chocolate until night Jung Taeyong." Kim Jaejoong said as he enters the house with a few grocery bags along with Junsu who is smiling seeing the family interaction.

"Alright, mommy..no chocolates.." Taeyong mumbles as he looks at his bag with sad eyes.

Jung Yunho chuckles with his baby act, it's really like Jaejoong when he’s pouting. The pretty babies of him.

"I love you Jae." Yunho said as he kisses Jaejoong’s cheek when the man sits next to him, making the doctor blush.

"Hoi, we have kids here," Changmin shouts as he is now holding Taeyong who is giggling even though he doesn’t understand.

"Oh gosh, you two, my poor godson needs to see this every day." Junsu said as he ruffles Taeyong’s hair before poking the toddler’s chubby cheeks.

"Mama..daddy..no kissing.." Taeyong said and he laughs when everyone laughs and runs to Jaejoong to hide his red face.

Kim Jaejoong hugs Jung Taeyong as he pecks the little boy’s forehead before his husband hugs him and their baby bean.

The miracle baby bean.

 

 

end.

.