Confession

Lost In Your Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie!” Wheein cried out the moment Yongsun opened her apartment door.


 

Wheein burst into the living room of the older woman’s apartment and plopped herself down on the gray couch. All Yongsun could do was frown and close her door before walking over to the younger girl.  Wheein had called her about fifteen minutes earlier crying out that she needed to see her.


 

Wheein sounded desperate on the phone.  Wheein sighed and then rolled over to bury her face on the back rest of the couch. A loud groan was muffled by the cloth and cushions.


 

“Wheein-ah, what’s wrong?  Did something happen?” Yongsun took a seat next to the younger girl and placed a hand on her shoulder.  She was certainly worried about Wheein. She was her manager, but they were also friends.


 

“Unnie…” Wheein’s voice was low, almost a whisper. “I saw her…”


 

“Saw who?” Yongsun asked.


 

“Hyejin...I bumped into her.” Wheein groaned and threw herself back onto the couch.  “End me unnie please.”


 

“Wheein-ah…” Yongsun reached over to help Wheein sit back up.  “I’m not going to ‘end’ you.  Did you embarrass yourself?  Did she say something to you?”


 

Wheein shook her head and looked down at her hands.  “No...well...maybe…”


 

“Hmm?  Tell me.” Yongsun encouraged her and gently squeezed Wheein’s shoulder.


 

Wheein looked up to look directly into Yongsun’s eyes — she knew she couldn’t hold any detail back from her, Yongsun knew her too well.


 

Wheein had gone to the cafe to meet up with a good friend of hers and after chatting and catching up for a couple of hours, they had decided to part ways.  The moment Wheein had pushed the door to exit the cafe, Hyejin had pulled the door to open it and suddenly they collided against each other. Everything became a blur aside from Hyejin’s red lips.  Wheein felt her cheeks burn and she couldn’t face her. She couldn’t say anything.


 

It was possible that she could have heard her name coming from Hyejin’s lips but Wheein wasn’t sure.  She turned around and ran away.


 

“Oh Wheenie, my baby.” Yongsun coo’ed and pulled Wheein into her arms to comfort her.  “It will be okay.”


 

“Unnie… I hate that I panicked.  She’s really pretty and I’m just an awkward weird kid.” Wheein buried her face into Yongsun’s shoulder.


 

“No, no, don’t say that Wheein.” Yongsun rubbed Wheein’s back.


 

“Unnie…?”


 

“Hmm?”


 

“How did you do it?”


 

“Do what?”


 

“How did you and Byul unnie start dating and fell in love with each other?”


 

“HOW DID — WHAT!” Yongsun jumped off the couch causing Wheein to fall back into the cushions.


 

“Unnie?”


 

“BYULYI AND I ARE NOT A COUPLE!  WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM?”


 

“I thought you two were a couple?  You two bicker like an old married couple and I’ve seen the way Byul unnie looks at you.” Wheein explained and sat back up on the couch.


 

Incoherent words spilled from Yongsun’s mouth before she took a deep breath and deadpanned a look on Wheein.  “She’s annoying sometimes and it makes me mad! But I would NEVER date her. She’s not my type.”


 

“Oh…” Wheein wasn’t sure what to say next.  “So...um, have you ever...asked...anyone... out?”


 

Yongsun sighed again and ran a hand through her hair.  “I haven’t. Usually it’s been the people I’ve dated who’ve asked me out.  Is...is that what you want to do with Hyejin?”


 

Wheein felt her nerves take over her at the older woman’s question.  Yes, she found Hyejin very attractive, she was attracted to her, and a date with the beautiful cop with red lips would be amazing — maybe.  But just finding her attractive wasn’t a means to ask her out, and then what if Hyejin didn’t even like women? Wheein would just end up making even more of a fool of herself.


 

“I find her attractive…” Wheein started.


 

“But?” Yongsun asked knowing there was more to the younger woman’s dilemma.


 

“You don’t ask someone out just because you find them attractive right?  I mean...um...uh...they might not like me back? Or...what if Hyejin doesn’t like women and —” Wheein was rambling now.


 

“Wheein…” Yongsun took her seat next to Wheein and took a hold of the younger woman’s hands.  “If you feel it in your heart, and in your mind you know you want to ask her out, you should do it.  People hit on those they find attractive all the time and ask them out too. You never know what she might say.”


 

“What if I get rejected?” Wheein asked.  Yongsun understood that was probably Wheein’s biggest fear.


 

“It will hurt but it’s part of life Wheenie.”


 

Wheein sighed this time and covered her face with her hands.  The mix of feelings seem to spin around in her chest before becoming a tight knot.  She had a lot of think, soul searching and confidence gaining to do.


 


 

Hyejin laid on her bed with only the bright light of her phone shining on her face.  The black bar of the search engine bar blinked on and off waiting for her to either type something more or hit enter.  Thoughts of Wheein had been flooding her mind since they bumped into each other earlier that day.


 

The poor girl seemed scared and she had ran off before Hyejin could even say more than her name.  It had been a long day, she needed to rest, but yet, she couldn’t take the beautiful singer out of her mind.  Hyejin had looked her up, listened to a few of her songs, watched a few videos of her, but thoughts of Wheein had not really entered or stayed in her mind beyond that.


 

Despite the shocked and fearful expression on her face, Hyejin was able to really take a look at the singer.  There was something about seeing her in person that her pictures did not do her justice. It didn’t matter that Wheein had no make up on, that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter