you look happier, you do

you look happier, you do

The little bell on the door rang when Changbin entered the café, deciding that he would rather sit on a warm chair with his loneliness than loosing his ability to breathe, as his nostrils were getting completely clogged up by the cold air outside.

He quickly mumbled his order: black coffee and a piece of sponge cake; and sat in the very back of the café. After a few minutes of him gazing at the roof and sniffling repeatedly, his order arrived and he mumbled another quick thank you before letting the hot beverage burn his tongue. 

As he munched on his cake, he heard the doorbell ring again, accompanied by soft chuckles and sparkly eyes. Changbin would have probably ignored it if his own eyes didn't make contact with that familiar face his had once loved with his everything.

He felt his inside twitch suddenly and his heart missing one more beat as he stared. He felt refreshed and hurt at the same time and his hands couldn't hold his fork anymore,  shaking harder when he approached, not noticing Changbin who hid in the corner.

When he was certain the other boy was seated, he raised his head a little bit under his hoodie to catch a glimpse of him. His heart sunk. He didn't change at all since the last time he saw him, in that park with him: same warm honey eyes that spoke for him, same full and inviting lips that Changbin had tasted and loved for years.. same constellations of small freckles on his beautiful and delicate pale skin that Changbin adored the most. Changbin felt the tip of his fingers tingles with the urge to touch his face, so he put his hands around his cup to burn them instead.

A few seconds later, the waitress came to serve them and Changbin simply stared painfully, watching and following every moves his ex boyfriend was taking. That's when Changbin noticed the other person seating across from his old love and the look in their eyes. His heart dropped and dropped more than it ever did. That's how he had looked at Changbin in the past, with this sparkling bubbly eyes of him that told everything he had to know. 

And Changbin knew, and it hurts. He lowered his head slowly, blankly staring at his half finished coffee, turning cold like his own body. Maybe Chan was right when he told him he didn't move on after they broke up, and maybe Jisung didn't lie when he said Felix had. Felix.

Changbin raised his head one last time, ready to leave, the sour tears in his eyes on the verge of falling and his heart shattering into pieces.  

But his world just stopped instead. He felt the blood rushing back in his veins and the air inflating his lungs. His tears dried and his heart beat. Felix was smiling, bright, twice as wide as Changbin once made him smile. And then he laughed with the other guy, showing the creases of his eyes and his crescent eyes, Changbin laughed too.

Maybe he was a little delirant and people around thought he was crazy laughing alone in his hiding place, but Changbin still laughed back, happiness filling his mind and his shoulders finally relaxing. "I guess you look happier", he thought.

Changbin finished his coffee happily, as if it was warmer than when it arrived, sweeter than it ever was since they broke apart. His hands found the strength to grab his fork and finish his cake, his eyes never leaving Felix. Grabbing his phone, he unlocked it and texted Chan before putting it down and smiling softly at himself. 'you were right, i am still in love with him'

 

Changbin stood up after cleaning his table and put his backpack back on his shoulders, getting out of his hiding spot. That's when he passed next to Felix that their eyes finally met. While Felix's smile faded a little with awkwardness, Changbin gave him the warmest and the most sincere smile he ever gave him. 'twice as wide', Felix thoughts.

 

When Changbin left, Felix lowered his eyes on his order and let out a small smile. They were happy.