Chapter 6 [NEW]

You Against Pearl, Gold, Money, and Kimchi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bofan held on to his lover’s hand, subtly sliding his thumb to reassure his fiancee that everything would turn out quite alright. As his car was in front of the Taohuayuan, he gave the keys of his Bugatti Veyron to the valet and ushered the maids to bring their luggages to his respective room. He was quite surprised that for the very first time, his mother or his Nai Nai was not there to greet him. In fact, it looked as if they were not expecting him when he told them he would be back by this week. Surely, the main guards could have informed them.

Well that was odd.

“Love, are you okay?” Sensing that something was wrong with her lover, Li Mei immediately placed her free hand to cup on Bofan’s face. Her soft palm brought comfort to him, and he placed his hand on top of Li Mei’s. He smiled in return just so his fiancee would be at peace.

“Let’s just go inside and have some rest, alright dear?” Bofan said so, leading his lover to the Taohuayuan.

Li Mei tried her very best to act nonchalant, as if seeing such a grandeur household was something she was very used to, but the way her eyes lit up once they entered the Taohuayuan gave way to her actions. Her eyes first laid upon the beautiful garden that was placed in the middle of the household. Quite big, if she could say so herself, as Li Mei could barely see the end of the garden. It had a man-made pond right at the very left of the garden, and had a maple wood bridge on top. She was surprised at how the garden had a number of fire trees and bamboos, despite being encased inside the household. There were benches made of concrete placed at different parts of the garden, and did she just see five corgis running around the garden? There was also a huge black and white Chinese pavilion placed right at the middle of the garden. The garden was encased with pane of glasses and automatic glass doors, just in case if it were to rain, no raindrops would damage the vicinity.

Just how loaded was Bofan’s family? A thought enters her mind, and she gave herself a quick reminder to search for his family’s background once more once she has some free time.

Li Mei knew that Bian Bofan was a millionaire, inheriting the position of the CEO and one of the largest stockholders of the Weida Guang Technologies. He screamed rich and honestly, that was what caught her attraction first. She never met someone who was rich at that age! She was also surprised at how well-mannered the man was, and she was instantly head over heels.

She tried to recall the Bian family, and according from her research, his mom used to be a nurse but now a housewife. Bofan’s dad was once the owner of the Weida Guang Technologies, but now travels around the world to collect precious artworks and gemstones for his wife. Now, isn’t that lovely?

As simple as that, there was simply no way his family could afford this grandiose and lavish house and lifestyle. Li Mei shuddered at the thought. She recalled the Forbes listing all the millionaires and billionaires all around the world, and she knew the families of the wealthy Chinese families. She may have one or two connections, but the Bian family? No, she does not recall anything at all!

Something in her cannot be at peace now that she had a lot of questions swerving her mind, but with her fiancé looking at her with such love and adoration, she told herself to be at peace for now.

 

“Ma Ma, Nai Nai! It’s good to be back after three long years!” Bofan screamed enthusiastically, letting go of his hold to Mei for a while. He saw how his mother instantly ran up to him, and he gladly welcomed her with his hug. He also saw his Nai Nai, smiling at them with an elegant poise. She may be old, but her beauty was something Bofan would forever treasure. He let go of his mother just so he could hug his favorite Nai Nai.

“I missed you,” Bofan whispered. “And you do not have to worry about the company, Nai Nai. I got it all covered.”

With that statement, Wu Jiaheng chuckled before patting her grandson’s cheeks. She immediately saw the other guest, and Jiaheng smiled as if she was truly happy.

“Am I expecting an upcoming marriage?” Her voice pierced the silent hall of the Taohuayuan, and Kim Sojee’s face was somewhere between happines, confusion, and fear.

Bofan sent a loving gaze to Li Mei, assuring her that he had everything in control. She barely understood anything, and she just smiled just so she would not exactly look stupid and an embarrassment in front of Bofan’s mother and grandmother.

“Nai Nai, Ma, I know that that it is against the rules of the Wu, Bian, and Zhang clans to bring someone that is not yet wedded to us, but I would like first to ask the two of you, who I truly love and cherish, to forgive this one time event. I ask for your humble blessings that I may take Li Mei’s hand in marriage and be considered in our clan.” Bofan kneeled before his mother and his grandmother and finished his statement with such sincerity. In all honesty, he was nervous to the core, and he knew that there were more negativity bound to happen soon, but if he could ask just for the blessings of the two, then he might as well be on the right path no matter how others would bring him down.

However, he didn’t know that his actions caused Li Mei to panic. With her broken English, she tried to communicate with Wu Jiaheng, having the wrong idea that Bofan did something terrible. She just laughed in return, and Kim Sojee for once looked comfortable.

“Stand up, you kid! I give them to you,” Jiaheng laughed, and she gave Li Mei a look. The latter was tense, but it soon dissipated when Jiaheng opened her arms to hug her.

“Welcome to the family.”

 

“Yeollie, hurry, hurry! We are soooo gonna be late to our flight! Hurry, shower, shower!” Baekhyun pinched Chanyeol’s side as the latter was currently comfortable with the comforters surrounding his torso. He replied with incoherent words that Baekhyun threatened with, “I won’t be giving you any heads or love making for one whole week if you won’t get up from your position right now.” With that bold statement, Chanyeol never feared for anything except for that threat. He rushed to get his clothes from the floor, reminding of their lovemaking escapades that occurred last night. Remembering brought an immediate flush on his cheeks, but Baekhyun’s high pitched voice (one that he hears every single time he was starting to get frustrated) broke his thoughts.

“I’m up, I’m up! No need to threaten me!” Chanyeol responded. He grabbed his smartphone, automatically turning it on, just to see that the time was 5:48 AM. Too early for Chanyeol’s liking.

“Yah, Baekhyun!” He shouted across their shared bedroom. “It’s too early! Our flight is still at 12:45 PM, love. Did you forget or do I actually have to remind you?” Annoyed, Chanyeol went laid back once more on their bed, the softness of the mattress and the comforter tempting him to sleep once again. Baekhyun’s scent lingered on the bed sheets and it was slowly lulling him to sleep. He did not see how Baekhyun’s head cutely popped from the doorway, and how he totally missed the pout on his face.

“I may or may not have wanted some… you know, long, sensual morning , before we actually go to China… but forget about it.” Baekhyun sighed and pouted. He bid Chanyeol sweet dreams before closing the door. Chanyeol, however, had immediately risen from the bed and had grabbed of his boyfriend’s wrist. Baekhyun then let out a soft yelp, and he was pulled towards their shared mattress. He soon felt plump lips pressing onto his lips and unconsciously wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s back. The quiet morning was filled with breathy moans and grunts, and Baekhyun could not be any more happier than that.

Breakfast could wait, they both shared the thought as the two lovers filled their apartment continue on with their lovemaking.

 

Huang Zitao was having his own catwalk moment in MIXC Shopping Mall holding a good number of Gucci shopping bags from both his hands (take note: large shopping bags), not minding the stares he got from people from both his left and right sides. Sporting his Gucci gainsboro colored fur coat with brown tints that he got from the last Gucci Winter Fall Fashion Week last 2017 (the coat was his all time favorite, a gift he received from his father after he told him it was what he wanted to buy), a Gucci Snake Buckle leather belt on his waist, and matching it with the Gucci Men’s Queercore Embroidered Brogue boots, he walked with pride down the streets of Qingdao. His Gucci GG0291S Sunglasses added to his voguish look, and he had to tone down the smirk on his face as he’s slowly hearing murmurs talking about him and his newly bought items. Just when they thought they were rich. Having one to two large bags of luxurious brands, someone else just came crushing their little pride and ego.

Someone has to be richer than the rich.

As a member of the Huang family, they were known to be part of the top 10 richest families in Qingdao. His father works as a businessman, having a total of 17% shares, in an oil company that he does not care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter