The Beginning

A Possibility of Something

This was not what she expected. When Jennifer woke up this morning, she was not planning on hiding in one of the family bathrooms in the airport with a strange man who she saved from being chased by a group of girls. I guess life is funny that way. Jennifer glanced at the man next to her; dressed in black, with a cap covering his hair, and a large face mask on, she could really only see his eyes. Making eye-contact, the two burst out laughing. 

"This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever done in my life" said Jennifer, a large smile on her face. She glanced at the man again and asked, "So, why were those girls chasing after you?"

Eyes crinkling in an obvious smile, the man just shrugs his shoulders. Jennifer gives him a look. "Okay, like that's not super shady or anything. How can you not know why they are chasing you?" Saving the man from needing to respond, Jennifer's phone rings, the sound of BTS rapper Suga saying "Bultaoreune" permeates the air. The man's smile get's wider, but it goes unnoticed. Picking up her phone Jennifer sees a text from her best friend who's plane just landed. "Well, since we haven't heard any yelling in a while, we are probably safe to leave! I've got to get going, my friend just arrived, but it was nice saving you!" she says with a small laugh and moves towards the door.

"Wait" the man suddenly says, "What's your name?" 

"Oh" she says turning back to face him, "My name's Jennifer. What's yours?"

"Mine's Jimin."

"Well Jimin, try to stay out of trouble! I may not be around next time to protect you." Jennifer says with a grin. Waving goodbye, she opens the door and walks away. 

Jimin watches her leave, a fond smile on his face while he shakes his head. "Interesting, very interesting" he says to himself while he follows her out the door. He suddenly kicks something that was on the floor. Looking down, he noticed a small notebook. Wondering whose it is, he opens it and notices her name and contact information on the first page. Jimin looks up quickly to see if Jennifer is still around, but he can't see her anywhere.  "Well, I guess this means I'll just have to find you." The thought brings a smile to Jimin's face. 

"Hyung!" Jimin turns around to see Jungkook walking towards him. "Hyung, where have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you."

Looking down at the notebook, Jimin responds, "Making a friend."

Suddenly both of the men hear screams and shouts of "There they are!" Jimin and Jungkook look at one another and both start speed walking to the exit where the van is waiting for them. Neither of them notice Jennifer, still waiting for her friend, glancing their way and laughing. "Well," she says, "at least he found someone to keep him company as he runs away from the girls." She looks again at the two. "Jimin, huh. If only my life was a drama, this Jimin would be the one from BTS." Shaking her head and mentally kicking herself for the silly thought, she suddenly hears her name being called. She turns around to see her best friend walking toward her. "Oh my gosh, I've missed you so much, I'm so glad you're back!" 

Neither of the two ladies notice Jimin stop and turn when he heard someone yell out Jennifer's name. Watching her face brighten as she talks with her friend, Jimin can't help the grin from forming on his face, even as he is being shoved toward the exit by Jungkook. 

"Hyung, we have to go!" Jungkook says, tired of having to drag Jimin along with him, "This is our first vacation in months, and I don't want to get stuck in the airport for hours!" 

"Okay, okay." Jimin responds while watching Jennifer and her friend hug while swaying from one foot to the other, "let's go." Clutching onto the notebook, Jimin starts moving toward the van while thinking of ways he can meet her again. "Well," he thinks with a smirk, "it's only right that I return her notebook."