There Was Him; Then Me(Taemin Oneshot)

There Was Him, Then Me (Taemin oneshot)

   There he was again. I had passed by his locker so many times, always secretly stealing a glance but never brave enough to confront him. He made me nervous! I couldn't help it. His dark, wide eyes sometimes glanced my way, which immedietly caused my own light brown eyes to stare at the ground while I tried to use my messy bangs to hide my blush.

Today, though, was different.

    He was standing at the lunch line, waiting for his turn to pay as he laughed with his friends. I usually brought lunch and sat with Min Woo and Cho Min, and that didn't change today. What had changed, however, was a new voice in our conversation. "oh are you guys talking about the History project we got today?" the voice said, soft like my velveteen rabbit I had bak at home. My heart probably skipped more then a few beats. I'd recognize that voice anywhere. Lee Taemin was smiling down at me. Wait not me, I mean us. I mean my friends. I mean...what was he doing here?! I tried my best to avoid his eyes as he took a seat (by all lucky chance) right beside me. My friends tried to supress a giggle and glanced at me. They knew about my secret-not-so-secret (yes you read that right) crush on Taemin. My face was probably as red as red bean paste by now. They continued conversing and I was distracted by my own thoughts. What was he doing here? I mean his guy friends were about three tables away. Was it just me, or did he glance at me every few seconds? Why couldn't I open my mouth and say something!?!?!

"Eun Mi? Eun Mi!! " Taemin's voice broke through my thoughts and my head snapped up slightly, and I could've sworn I heard a crack.

   "S-shillye hamnida(excuse me!)! W-what were you saying, Taemin-ah?" I asked, my voice already signifying I was a nervous reck. He laughed gently, making my heart stop. "I said 'do you want to be project partners?'" he smiled kindly. "oh ah...ye..." I replied, rather dumbstruck. Taemin wanted to be my partner?

    Unreal... But it happened. And it felt like no sooner he was sitting at my dinning room table with glue, scissors, and his history book, opened to page 356. He whined lightly. "Eun-ie! There are so many paper cuts on my fingers!!" he pouted. Ever since this project started, it became apparent that he was very childish. But it was fun. I even got around to teasing him a bit and starting to be more of myself around him (though I can't say I was completely different; afterall I nearly tripped when I saw him walk through my door). "aaaaw poor Taemin-ah!" I chuckled as I took my turn and began cutting the paper. He smiled at me. He seemed to be doing that alot lately... "kiss it?" he said, jokingly as he held up a damaged finger. I laughed nervously at the joke, and couldn't help feeling he was half serious. "is that a yes?"

    That's when I saw a light blush touch his cheeks. It was like I wasn't in my body. My hand reached out for his and it pressed his strong finger against my lips softly. My blush grew and I began to cover my face. "eh uhm let's get back to work..." I said, rather embarrassed. I picked up my scissors and began working again, but I wasn't working long when I felt a hand on mine and it pushed my hand down to the tables surface. Taemin's face was closer then it ever hand been and his hand reached up to brush my bangs. His lips touched mine for a brief second, yet it took only that long for my heart to pound against my chest and a new blush tospread across my face. Not one word was said after that; he just silently held my hand.

       It took that short time for me and Taemin to become a couple...and it took even shorter for fate to take him away. All too soon he came to school less and less, then he gave me the news. He had signed with a record label and would be becoming part of a new pop band called SHINee...I was happy for him until he broke the worst news... One of the record labels' rules was no dating.... He promised he'd write...he never did...I've seen him more then ever now...on the tv, the posters in town, in music stores, an even a few times in real life...but there was no sign of recognition or even a hello. And that's because.... There Was Him....Then Me...