1장 - The Encounter

Mirror Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeoboseyo1. Ah Soojung-ah. Today, I’m going to be late. Please inform the teacher if they ask me okay?” She speaks to the person at the end of the line.

 

“Okay, but why are you already planning to be late? you know it’s just the second week of highschool.” She glanced at the boy in the bed. Smiles handsomely at her after caught his sister starring at him. Making a pang in her heart.

 

Her brother who always beside her in her dark life. Someone who stayed when everyone left her. Someone who keep giving her love when everyone keep throwing hate on her. But, now he is laying there, smiles weakly and....... “Sooji? Bae Sooji? Are you still there?” Soojung snapped her from her thoughts.

 

“Oh yeah. uhm... it’s because.. i’ts..” she trailed, suddenly finding it’s hard to speak.

 

“Hey, you don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to. I just worry that something might be happening to you since your voice sounds different. Just be careful on your way, okay?” She sighed. Closing her eyes, she speaks again.

 

“Yeah, i get it. I’m sorry for burdening you, Soojung. And I’m fine, you don’t need to worry” She said. Facing the floor, saying sorry in her head for lying for the nth times.

 

“No, You would never be a burden. Anyway i need to hang up, Son Seonsaeng2 already here. See u later!” Soojung said again with her happy voice, making Sooji smiling. But doesn’t reaching her eyes.

 

“Okay, sis. Thanks for the help. See you.” She said before a sound signaling the call has ended appeared.

 

Putting back her phone on her uniform pocket, she began peeling an apple. Conscious that her brother starring at her she finally open . “Wae?3” She said.

Her brother chuckled at his sister. “ Ya, this is why you never get a boyfriend. You are too scary. Especially with your one word habit.” Scrunching his nose. Making his sister annoyed.

 

“Yaish! Don’t you dare to say that again! Here just shut your mouth!” Forcing a slice of apple into his mouth.

 

“Hahah ooohhh grumpy granny is the scariest, i’m scared... hahah” he said after munching his apple slice.

 

“YA! BAE JINYOUNG!!”

 

 

09.45 AM.

 

She look at the watch on her phone. Meaning fifteen minutes before math class begins. Trying to get to school as fast as possible so she won’t miss another class, she decides to turn right into an alley since it will save time by five minutes and then she runs because it will save another three to four minutes.

 

Maybe today is just not her day or fate just really likes to see her in trouble, she stopped from her run after she saw the scene in front of her. Eyes wide. People yelling either in anger or in pain both become one, punching sounds, flying rocks, people falling, bruises in all over their faces. She watched the scene with her own eyes. For the first time in her life.

 

Her brain telling her to get out of the scene, saving herself. But her body seems like too shocked that it’s froze. When she finally get a grip of her self, it was already late by the eyes of the people in front of them. Some look at her like she is some kind of prey, the other looked shocked for a second then turned into frustated, anger and hate really visible in their eyes. At that moment she finally regognise that half of them are Cheongdam’s student by the uniform they wore, the same uniform with her.

 

There’s this rumor about students fighting each other in a silent area around Cheongdam-dong. They usually fight in the middle of night, so that not much people around. She always thought that it’s nothing because she would never walking around Cheongdam-dong at night that she would be in another district if she need to went home at night.

 

Definetly never imagined this would happens in her life.

 

Once again, brought back from her thoughts because someone’s voice warning her or basically shouting at her asking her to run, suddenly panic mixed fear rushing in her body when a bunch of student, the same one with the other in front of her which definitely not from her school running toward her from another pathway at her right side.

 

Before she could run away, a hand already grabbed her wrist and pulling her with him forcing her to run until she felt her lungs on fire. Barely get a grip of her self, the person in front of her to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter