Final!

Americano! (One-Shot!)

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame!

 

            “Oseoosaeyo!” I was greeted by the waiters and waitresses of the cafe. He suggested this cafe for us to meet, and I am surprised that it was the first cafe we went together to, back when we were still trainees. It is kind of strange though. Usually, we will go to a different cafe every time we meet as people might get suspicious or fans will gather if we only visit one particular cafe. And voila! News about us dating will spread everywhere. Then doom awaits us at the company. Oh boy, what a scene it would be. But then again, it was a long time ago when we visited, people might not notice.

            So I smiled and took a seat. Seeing that he’s not here yet, I took my cellphone and texted him telling him I have arrived first. After a while, he texted me back telling that he’ll be here in 10 minutes (I should say he is one punctual guy, so I was rest assured everytime he told me his time estimation). “Oh, please order me a hot americano, no syrup or whipped cream. Order something for yourself too :] I’ll see you soon.” I chuckled at his message, this guy, why won’t he order another kind of coffee?

 

Americano! I like it, I like it, I like it

Americano! It’s strong, it’s strong, it’s strong

What do I do? Syrup, syrup, syrup

Please don’t include it in my cup, please don’t include it in my cup

 

            It has been his favorite as long as I have known him. I’m not a coffee-person myself, and I only heard from people that it was just a tad lighter than an expresso—bottom line, it is really bitter. I usually drink hot chocolate, cafe au’lait or light blended coffee everytime we went to a cafe. Yet today, there’s an unusual curiosity I felt towards it—Americano, his favorite.

 

When I’m out with a pretty girl, smoking and having tea

When the menu’s too full and I can’t make up my mind

When I pay the bills and have no money for food

For dessert after eating jjajjangmyun

 

            Should I order it? I guess I won’t stand it and will only frown every time I taste it. He will definitely laugh me off and the waiters here might misunderstood me to think they serve bad coffee. Hmph, such a coward I am. I decided to tell the waiter his order, with my favorite fruit pie and hot chocolate. As I sat back down, my observant instinct came out, showing how I have been pretty bored. I can’t help but noticing one guy on the smoking area outside the cafe, who seemed to love smoking and coffee so much, sitting with most probably his beautiful girlfriend. Urgh, what kind of combination is that, coffee and cigar? Meh, I don’t even want to think about it.

 

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame

Americano! I like it, like it, like it

Americano! Happy, happy, happy

What do I do? Sugar, sugar, sugar

Please don’t include it in my cup, please don’t include it in my cup

 

            The round buzzer shook my thoughts away and got my feet walking to the desk to take the orders. I started off by eating bits of my fruit pie. He must be commenting me for eating sweets again, though I don’t feel like it’s too much. I took a glance at his Americano and it draws me in again. I decided to take a small amount of it in my teaspoon and sip a little of it. Ouh, it’s pretty strong that I flinched. As I was about to take some sugar, I remembered that he won’t add any sugar to it, and that it is not my coffee either, so I let it be.

 

When I go out after fighting with my girl

After I kiss another girl, then go for a smoke

After I run a marathon and my throat feels dry

For dessert after having soon-deh soup

 

            As I took a sip of my hot chocolate to reduce the bitterness in my tongue, I saw the guy I mentioned earlier started fighting with his girl. His girl left, and he smoked quite hastily afterwards for a few times. Then I saw him going towards a street vendor for a meal. What a day that guy had been through. I sighed, waiting for the one I expect to come quickly.

            I thought he arrived when a guest walked in the cafe. It turns out it was another guy with such sweaty body ordering for a cup of iced Americano, as he complains to his friend how thirsty he was after running. Well, that’s weird. I would definitely look for a bottle of mineral water after exercising. Well, it’s almost 8 minutes since I’m here and so many things evolved around this cafe, showing how bored I was that I have been observing too many things. I wish he would come earlier.

 

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame!

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame!

Americano! I like it, I like it, I like it (bitter! bitter! bitter! bitter! bitter!)

Americano! It’s strong, it’s strong, it’s strong (bitter! bitter! bitter! bitter! bitter!)

What do I do? Syrup, syrup, syrup

Please don’t include it in my cup, please don’t include it in my cup

Please don’t include it in my cup, please don’t include it in my cup

 

            “Oseoosaeyo!” And there he was at the front door looking for a familiar face. I waved at him and smiled, as he smiled back to me and dashed to our seat.

            “Oh, I came just right for the temperature of my Americano,” he smirked, “just as I thought I would.”

            “That’s all you’re concerned about. I was pretty bored waiting alone that I even had the chance to observe a couple arguing and a weird guy ordering a cup of coffee after running some kind of a marathon,” I protested just to .

            “Whoa, my first time seeing Amber Liu got cranky for waiting,” he said. I kept silent, and he thought I was serious. He panicked.

            “Y-yah, I was...”

            I mehronged him, “You got here in 9 minutes. I forgive you still, oppa, hehe.”

            “Eh, you almost had me there,” his eyes widened as he ruffled my hair. Then he sipped his Americano again, “waaah, daebak. I haven’t had this for a while.”

            I squinted my brows, “And I still don’t get it why you like it so much. It’s pretty deadly even if you tasted a small amount of it.”

            “Oh, you tasted it already?”

            “Just now, while I was waiting for you. I was oddly curious of it today.”

            “If you want to taste it, try stirring and take a spoonful out of it. It’ll taste different. Come on.”

            “Ah, no, it was really bitter. I’m sure it’ll be more bitter than before if I do that.”

            “Hey, what you taste earlier is not genuine Americano! Come on, just a little,” he took the glass and place it in front of me. I scoffed.

            “I can’t believe I’ll do this.”

            “Well, I’m the Almighty Key for a reason,” we smiled at each other. I took my spoon and stirred the coffee as I thought I encountered something that is not coffee in the cup. I furrowed my eyes as Kibum seem to pretend he didn’t see anything. I took the thing out. It was a ring. I looked at him to see him showing a matching one fitting perfectly in his finger. I froze.

            I saw him kneeling in front of me, holding the ring I took out.

            Pretty much panicking inside, I whispered to him, “Kim Kibum, what are you thinking? Everyone is looking at us. Get up quickly!”

            “I took care of it already, relax, okay? Now, let me do my part,” He cleared his throat and said, “We have been best friends for such a long time and decided to see each other for a while. All ups and downs, we have gone through together. Now, I am certain that you are the one, whatever we might face later. As bitter as Americano or any bitterness of the world will have, I have faith that I can face it with you,” he paused, then continued, “Amber Josephine Liu, will you marry me?”

            I should say that, that second, I forgot about the company or the fans. And with that, I can’t help but nod and say, “Yes.”

 

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame,

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame,

Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame, Ame!