Love isn't about Change, it's about Acceptance

Fairy For A Day

A/N: Happy Seulrene day everyone. This month’s oneshot is about Irene who is a fairy whom was rescued one day by human Seulgi, and she’s grown very attached to the human, and because of that love for her she makes a wish to turn Seulgi into a fairy too so that they can be together. Almost like Peter Pan/Tinkerbell. Cute right, enjoy!


 

It’s morning when Irene wakes up from her tiny house that Seulgi built especially for her. It’s equipped with everything a fairy could need. It’s like a small doll house. There’s an upstairs, downstairs, kitchen, bathroom, living room, and a bedroom. Irene thinks Seulgi is the most special and talented human she has ever met. The dark-haired fairy gets up and showers first. It still amazes her how Seulgi was able to even create the bathroom for her, and even made it where the water gets warm or cold as she needs. After her shower she dresses in one of her favorite purple dresses as it matches her purple wings, and then she goes to wake Seulgi up. The human sleeps a lot, and in truth the very first time Irene saw Seulgi. She was instantly reminded of a very cute teddy bear, although a human-like teddy bear would be more accurate.

 

Irene flies over to Seulgi’s bed from her home and smiles at the adorable sleeping human. She knows that she can’t get too close because one time Seulgi accidentally slapped her away. Irene has to remember that she is a fairy and much smaller than a human. Although, she knows Seulgi would never really hurt her. Seulgi is really such a nice and kind human, and the only human the fairy trusts.

 

“Seulgi?” She calls from above her head. Seulgi really can sleep and sometimes she has to sprinkle water on the brunette to wake her up. The human frowns and turns over in her sleep. Irene patiently tries again.

 

“Seulgi, you have to wake up.”

 

The sleeping woman turns again and puts the pillow over her head. Irene really doesn’t like being ignored, and she especially doesn’t like it when Seulgi ignores her, whether it’s intentional or not.

 

“Oh, you’re going to make me get the water, hm?” The fairy flies off for her house and picks up her mini water gun that she had created for herself. She returns and sprinkles water droplets over the human. It works as it always does and Seulgi wakes up right away.

 

“What, who?” Seulgi groggily speaks. Irene suppresses her laughter. The human sits up and yawns. Irene flies down to Seulgi and smiles.

 

“Good morning, Seulgi.”

 

“Irene, good morning.” The monolid woman holds out her hand and Irene stands in the palm of her hand. She can fly but she really likes it when Seulgi carries her around in her hand, or lets her sit there while walking. Irene just likes it when they’re spending time together.

 

“Did you enjoy doing that?” Seulgi questions her about the water. Irene nods eagerly. It’s not her fault sometimes she has to use water to wake the human up.

 

“You wouldn’t wake up.”

 

“Ah, I see. Well, thank you for waking me up. I need to go get ready.”

 

Irene nods and flies out of Seulgi’s hand. She knows the human must get ready for work. The dark-haired fairy goes to her house and gives Seulgi privacy, because she has seen the human taking off her shirt before, and was captivated by her abs. Irene realized it was wrong to look without permission, although she must admit Seulgi has a very nice body. Even though she hasn’t met many humans in her life. Seulgi is by far her most favorite and precious person. After all, Kang Seulgi has once saved her life and she has never forgotten it.


 

(Flashback)


 

Irene hadn’t meant to come here to the human world. She isn’t even sure how she ended up here in the too scary, loud, big world. The world that’s too full of big things for one small fairy, and she doesn’t know what she did to make the mean dog chase her, but she is getting tired of flying around and hopes it will quit soon.

 

“Hey, come here.” Irene hears a human voice and it’s directed to the dog. The fairy pauses behind the branch of a tree to see what is a human female who looks like a teddy bear. The human then gently urges the dog away and towards another group of humans. Irene thinks she’s safe now, but she’s hurt her wing in the process of all the running. She can’t go back home like this, and she doesn’t think she will be able to stay on this branch all night. Irene looks up when she hears footsteps and sees it’s the human and she’s looking right at her.

 

“Hey there, are you okay?” The girl asks her with eyes forming crescents when she smiles. Irene is shocked because this human shouldn’t see her. She would have to be a very special human to see a mythical creature like her.

 

“You can see me?” Irene whispers softly.

 

“I can. You’re a fairy, right?” Seulgi is positive she’s a fairy, but doesn’t want to assume just in case she’s not. Irene gives a nod that she’s a fairy.

 

“I didn’t think any humans would be able to see me.”

 

Seulgi nods in understanding and then notices her wing is hurt. “Oh, no your wing. I know you don’t have any reason to trust me, but I can help you. You’re going to need to rest and let that heal.”

 

Irene doesn’t have any reason to trust this human. There is something about her that makes the fairy feel calm. She can’t explain but she doesn’t feel as if the human will harm her.

 

“Hi, my name is Seulgi.” She offers her name.

 

“I’m Irene.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Irene.”

 

Seulgi then offers her hand so Irene can sit there. The raven-haired fairy does make it safely from the branch to Seulgi’s hand. She has to admit the palm of Seulgi’s hand is warm, and she feels even safer. Irene doesn’t think Seulgi is a bad human at all.

 

(End)


 

That was over a year ago now, and Irene couldn’t bare to leave Seulgi. The human helped her get well and even helped with her wing too. She had also gotten used to the human world. It’s why she stayed here to be with Seulgi in some way. The human was surprised she didn’t want to go home, but wasn’t unhappy about it. Seulgi seemed glad she wished to stay and even constructed the home for her, which felt similar to her own home back where she’s from. Seulgi returns dressed and ready for her day.

 

“Seulgi, don’t forget to eat breakfast.” Irene reminds her and flies back down to the brunette. She worries about Seulgi because there are times she doesn’t eat breakfast, and goes straight to work. Irene sometimes wishes she were bigger so she could cook food for Seulgi too. At least that way she would know that Seulgi is eating.

 

“Ah, I won’t. I’ll see you later, okay?”

 

“You will, bye Seulgi!” The fairy actually goes up to Seulgi’s cheek and gives her the tiniest kiss that is feather light to the human’s face. The soft touch makes Seulgi laugh.

 

“Okay, there. I better go.”

 

“Eat your breakfast!” Irene reminds her with a frown. Seulgi laughs again since the tiny fairy looks so adorable with her hand on her hip.

 

“I’ll eat breakfast.”

 

“Do you promise?”

 

The monolid woman nods. She knows that Irene is only concerned for her.

 

“Seungwan usually makes extra and shares with me.”

 

Irene frowns again but for an entirely different reason. She knows the woman Seulgi mentioned, and she says that Seungwan is her best friend. Irene can’t help her jealousy since she really cares about the human. She wishes they could be together.

 

“Fine, but don’t like her food too much.”

 

Seulgi laughs again and promises she will not enjoy the food too much. The thing about Irene is no one else in Seulgi’s life can see her. Seulgi has told her close friend Seungwan, and has even tried to introduce them, but Seungwan swore that she didn’t see anyone, fairy or otherwise. Irene explained later that not everyone will be able to see her, and not just fairies but other magical beings too. Irene told Seulgi that she must be a special human and wondered if she has ever seen other magical beings. Irene follows Seulgi down to the front door and watches as the brunette gets into her car. She already misses Seulgi and she barely left. Irene knows she shouldn’t have these feelings for the human, as it’s just not logical. Seulgi is a human and she’s a fairy. It’s just something about Seulgi that makes her feel warm and happy. The monolid woman makes her face get red too and that has never happened to her before. She can only come to the conclusion that she loves Seulgi.

 

“I wish there was a way for Seulgi and I to always be together. I wish she could be a fairy too.”


 

Seulgi’s work day is busy as usual and she spends her lunch hour with her engaged friends Park Sooyoung and Kim Yerim. The younger women haven’t been able to see Irene either, and Seulgi has tried to introduce them. When they couldn’t see her the couple wondered if perhaps Seulgi was high or going crazy. Then they wondered if they were going crazy because they felt their hair being pulled, and tiny pinches from time to time. Seulgi didn’t even bother to tell her friends that it was Irene doing these things to them.

 

“Seulgi-unnie, you’ll come to our wedding right?”

 

“Of course. I’ll come to your wedding, Sooyoung.”

 

“Good, and we can get you a date.” Yeri mentions about finding her a date for their wedding. Seulgi chuckles nervously. Irene won’t like that one bit. The human has witnessed first hand how jealous Irene gets when she’s spending too much time with other girls, and especially girls the fairy doesn’t like for some reason. Seulgi remembers one time in particular where she knew for sure Irene was jealous.


 

(Flashback)

 

Irene was giving her a very severe case of the silent treatment. She had her arms crossed over her arms and refused to look at her. Seulgi was sitting at her desk trying to get some work done, when she noticed the tiny fairy because of her shiny wings. Seulgi gently touches one of her wings. Irene frowns and flies away. She goes all the way to the top of one of the human’s shelves.

 

“Oh, come on Irene. Are you really going to stay angry with me all day?”

 

The dark-haired fairy huffs in annoyance and turns away from Seulgi’s concerned gaze. She is angry with Seulgi for talking to that woman for that long, and she’s upset about the flirting. The human might not be aware, but she’s sort of claimed Seulgi as her human. Irene doesn’t want for anyone to take the bear-like human away from her.

 

“You’re really going to give me the silent treatment, hm?”

 

“Okay, then. You don’t have to talk to me, Irene. I’ll just go spend time with the nice woman who helped me pick out that watermelon.” Seulgi pretends to be walking away. Irene looks up so fast and flies to the brunette.

 

“You can’t do that!” She whines and circles around Seulgi’s face. The monolid woman is getting dizzy from the constant fluttering. She carefully takes her hands and captures the fairy in her palms. Irene sits in her palms looking saddened.

 

“You’re not supposed to be someone else’s.” She admits.

 

“Hey, now. Please don’t be sad, Irene.” Seulgi sits down on her bed with the fairy still sitting in her palm.

 

“She likes you.” Irene reminds her. She saw the way that pretty human was flirting with her Seulgi. She wished then she was bigger, so that she could keep that woman away from Seulgi.

 

“Irene, who am I here with right now.”

 

“Me?” She whispers softly. It’s true that she’s with Seulgi right now, and that woman isn’t. Irene takes comfort in the fact that she shares Seulgi’s living space. She gets to stay close by and is the first person the human sees when she wakes, and the last thing before bed. Irene has spent a lot of time with Seulgi, and it’s time cherished.

 

“That’s right. I’m here with you, so you don’t need to be jealous okay.”

 

“Okay.” Irene nods and smiles. Seulgi is right, there’s no need to be jealous when the human is hers already.

 

(End)


 

Yeri and Joy are looking at her with concerned looks because Seulgi is clearly daydreaming. Yeri reaches over and smacks her face some. It makes Seulgi snap out of it.

 

“What?”

 

“You were just sitting there like an idiot.” Sooyoung mentions. “You can’t act like that if we get you a hot date.”

 

“Oh, there’s no need. I don’t need…”

 

“Is this about that Irene girl?” Yerim interrupts. “The so called fairy.”

 

Seulgi doesn’t blame her friends for being hesitant and not believing her. No one can see Irene except for her, and that’s why Seulgi has stopped trying to convince them she’s real.

 

“Are you sure that you just weren’t high, unnie?”

 

“Yeah.” Seulgi nods. “I was high, sorry.”

 

Yeri and Sooyoung roll their eyes and say they knew it all along. Seulgi knows no one will believe that Irene is real, so if they need to think she was high, then so be it. Seulgi hopes Irene is fine at home alone. The fairy usually is fine and greets her excitedly when she does return. Seulgi does enjoy the time she spends with Irene, and it’s nice to know that the feeling is mutual.


 

At home Irene will sometimes look at some of Seulgi’s sketches that she draws. The human leaves her sketchbook open for her and she’s able to look through. Seulgi is really a good artist, and Irene knows she is incredibly talented because she not only designed the house for her. Seulgi also constructed it for her too. Irene remembers many a time they would sit together and have conversations.

 

(Flashback)

 

Irene was anxious while waiting for Seulgi to come home from work. There has been a terrible storm outside for hours, and the fairy hopes Seulgi is being careful. She knows if she could use the stove that Seulgi has she could make a cup of tea for her that would make her feel better, especially if Seulgi is caught in the storm. Irene turns soon when she hears the door opening. The brunette walks in soaked from the rain with her hair matted to her face, shirt drenched, and looking exhausted. Irene flies to her so fast.

 

“Seulgi, are you okay? You don’t look so well.” She gently puts her hand to the human’s forehead. The monolid woman nods that she is fine. She just needs to get out of the wet clothes and dress in something warm.

 

“Maybe you should make yourself some tea. I’ll make some too, and then we can sit together with our tea.”

 

“Sure, that sounds good. I’ll meet you back in my room.”

 

“Okay! I’ll see you soon, Seulgi!” Irene waves excitedly at the retreating form of the brunette. Seulgi goes to get herself out of the wet clothes, and Irene heads to make herself tea in her house. She changes into her purple pajamas and sits on the desk waiting for Seulgi. When the monolid woman does come back she is wearing orange pajamas, and has her bear mug in her hand.

 

“Hey, do you want to sit on the bed with me?”

 

“Yes, of course.” Irene nods and happily allows Seulgi to safely transport her from the desk to one of the soft pillows. They both sit and drink their tea together. Irene knows she’s blushing because her face feels all warm and red.

 

“Seulgi?” She looks up.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Have you always been able to see mythical beings?”

 

It’s a question that has been on Irene’s mind for a while now. Seulgi could see her and none of her friends can. Irene knows Seulgi is very special and is glad she knows the kind, pretty human.

 

“I have, when I was 7 that was the first time I ever met a mythical being. I’ve always been able to see them, but you’re the first I’ve ever had the chance to talk with.”

 

Irene smiles softly. If she is the first to ever speak with Seulgi, then that means she is special to the human too.

 

“I’m special to you.” Irene smiles brightly, with her wings sparkling behind her. Seulgi smiles back and nods.

 

“You’re very special, Irene.”

 

(End)


 

Irene feels all warm in the face again when she thinks of Seulgi. The human should be home soon, because she’ll always come around 6, and only later if she’s held up at work. Irene waits patiently in the living room for Seulgi to come home. She always greets the monolid woman with a kiss on the cheek, and she finds herself hoping that one day she could feel Seulgi’s lips against her own. However, Seulgi doesn’t come back home at 6 like normally, and Irene is getting worried.

 

“Seulgi, are you okay? You aren’t usually late.”

 

The door opens soon and Irene is ready to greet her as usual. She flies over to the human, but pauses because Seulgi is on her cell phone.

 

“I know, I understand.” She sounds serious with whoever she’s speaking with. Seulgi doesn’t notice Irene and keeps heading to her room.

 

“Seulgi?” The fairy whispers in concern. She follows the brunette up to her room. Seulgi sits down at her desk and begins looking through papers. Irene waits for a little while before coming closer.

 

“I know, you don’t have to be so rude about it. I already said I would come.”

 

The dark-haired fairy sees how Seulgi frowns and it makes her angry, because the person who is talking to Seulgi is making her upset. Irene makes her way over to one of the brunette’s hands. She gently brushes her hands against one of Seulgi’s knuckles. The monolid woman looks down to see fairy smiling at her with concern. Seulgi smiles back in gratitude. Irene is always very sweet and cares about her a lot. She in turn cares a lot for the dark-haired fairy too.

 

“Yes, I’ll see you this weekend. Goodbye.” Seulgi ends the call. Irene is still touching one of her knuckles and asks to be picked up.

 

“Seulgi, are you okay?” She wonders when she’s sitting in the palm of her hand.

 

“I’m fine, that was just my mom. She wanted to make sure I’m coming to the dinner she’s having this weekend.”

 

“Is your mom mean to you?”

 

“No, she’s not mean. She just has a hard time expressing her love and it comes out harsh when it shouldn’t. Please don’t worry about me, Irene.” Seulgi sets her down.

 

“I always worry about you.” Irene thinks to herself when Seulgi turns away. She says that she has work to do, and will probably talk to her before bed. Irene understands and goes back to her house. The fairy understands that Seulgi needs to be alone. She hopes they can talk before bed as they normally do. Only it doesn’t happen because for some reason Seulgi tiredly falls out on her bed on top the covers. Irene taps her face.

 

“Seulgi?” She sighs. “You don’t sleep this early.”

 

Irene is disappointed because she didn’t get to talk to Seulgi before going to bed. The only thing that Irene can do is kiss her on the forehead.

 

“Goodnight, Seulgi. I wish you and I could be together. If only you were a fairy too.”



 

The next morning Seulgi wakes up and wonders why she feels so odd. She opens her eyes and sees how big the pillows are. How did everything get so big? Seulgi sits up and that’s when she notices how small she is, and then she screams when she feels the wings.

 

“Ah!”

 

Irene wakes up almost instantly when she hears screaming. When the raven fairy sees Seulgi she’s also in shock, but that shock quickly fades to glee.

 

“Seulgi, you’re a fairy now!” She happily flies down to the once human and wraps her arms around the brunette. Seulgi feels as nice to hug as she always thought she would. Irene has wanted to hug her properly for such a long time.

 

“Irene, what’s going on!” Seulgi screams again and looks behind her to see the orange wings she has. Irene couldn’t be happier. Seulgi is now a fairy just like her.

 

“I’m so happy.”

 

“Happy?” The monolid fairy repeats. “This isn’t a good thing. I don’t know how to be a fairy. I have work, friends, and my life. Irene, I can’t be a fairy.”

 

Irene frowns in worry. Seulgi doesn’t seem all that happy to be a fairy. Irene knows she can help her and she’ll love it.

 

“Don’t worry. I can help you, and even better we can be together now.”

 

“What?” Seulgi whispers. Is this what Irene is so worried about. She wants them to be together? Irene simply takes her by the hand and flies her up to her house.

 

“You’ll have to get used to flying, but we can do that later. I’m so happy now I get to make food for you.”

 

Seulgi sits in disbelief for awhile until it hits her. She is a fairy now, and who knows how long she could be stuck like this. She watches then as Irene moves about in her kitchen with the happiest expression she’s seen in awhile. The dark-haired fairy keeps gushing to her about all the things they can do together now that they couldn’t before. It would be sweet if Seulgi just didn’t know what this would end up meaning for her future. She can’t stay as a fairy. People will start to worry about her, but for now Irene is really so very happy.


 

In the middle of cooking Irene hurries to her and hugs her again extra tight. Seulgi stands there in her embrace for a few long moments before asking.

 

“Irene, what’s wrong?”

 

“I have wanted to be able to hug you for the whole time I’ve been living with you. It’s as nice to hug you as I thought it would be.”

 

The answer is very touching, and there’s no way Seulgi can stay angry in this moment. Irene just wants them to be able to hug, and be like a normal couple. They couldn’t do anything like this when Seulgi was human, and the closet they could get was if Irene touched her fingers, or kissed her cheek in those featherlight kisses. Seulgi is saddened by the fact that Irene couldn’t trust that she would be by her side anyway, even if there was nothing to be done but stay as how they were.

 

“Irene?”

 

“Oh, the food.” The purple-winged fairy moves. “You’ll love this. I’m so glad I can cook for you now, many times I would worry that you wouldn’t eat properly.”

 

Again, Irene is always concerned about her. Seulgi figures she might as well be as positive as she can, even if she’s a little scared about what’s going on around her. Irene soon excitedly places two plates of food down before them and makes them tea. Seulgi has to admit it does look good.

 

“You’ll love it, because I’m a very good cook, and I’ve paid attention to what you like to eat.”

 

“Thank you, Irene. It does look good.” Seulgi reaches for the utensils and does start to eat. The food is really delicious and when Irene sees the smile on the brunette’s face. She knows that she has done good.

 

“I’m always glad to see you happy, Seulgi.”

 

After breakfast, Irene tells her they should probably practice flying, or rather Seulgi needed to practice flying. Seulgi could hardly believe that here she was outside with Irene teaching her to fly. The orange-winged fairy could have never anticipated such an event. Irene was helping her, but she also told her she needed to try and make those mistakes on her own. The raven sat up on one of the branches with Seulgi on the grass below.

 

“What if I die, then what!”

 

“I won’t let anything happen to you.” Irene promises. “You can do it, Seulgi. You just flap your wings like so.” The dark-haired fairy demonstrates for her. Seulgi stands on the grass nervous. She is scared and doesn’t think she can do this. Irene is looking at her encouragingly, and tells her again she won’t let her be hurt. Seulgi attempts to flutter her wings in the same way she just saw Irene do it. The brunette gets slightly in the air before falling down. Irene asks her if she’s hurt.

 

“No, I’m okay. I don’t know how you do this.”

 

“I guess I’m just used to it, but Seulgi you’re the most talented human I know. I know you’re going to learn to fly, and then we can fly together.”

 

Seulgi nods since Irene sounds so sure. The brunette gives it a try again. She falls down several times before finally getting higher off the ground. Seulgi thinks she has it, but loses her momentum. She thinks she’ll hit the ground hard when Irene right away grabs her. Seulgi feels two arms around her waist in a protective manner.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine, thanks Irene.”

 

“You’re welcome. Maybe we should hold off on flying for a bit. Don’t worry you can just hold my hand.”

 

Seulgi nods and takes Irene’s hand. They spend time outside flying this way with Irene holding her hand, and not seeming to mind at all. Seulgi gets the feeling she is really into the holding hands part.

 

“We couldn’t hold hands before. It’s really nice to feel your hand in mine.” The sweet way Irene admits this makes Seulgi smile. She understands why Irene wants this to be their new normal. Seulgi has also thought on how much easier it would be for her if Irene were a human and not a fairy. They could do things like walk around while holding hands and be like any couple. However, Seulgi would never want to change Irene as the fairy she’s grown to care for. They’ve managed to make their lives work before without anyone having to change, but Seulgi does understand where Irene is coming from.

 

“Irene, I can’t stay this way.” She thinks silently.

 

The two spend the day outside with Seulgi really getting a glimpse into what Irene’s life is like. How she must be careful at all times because of her stature? They end up being chased by dogs and having to hide in tree trunks. Irene is also really handy with treating wounds. Seulgi watched in awe as she made a salve from plants and roots to treat some cuts Seulgi ended up with. The careful and gentle way the raven takes care of her is not lost on the brunette.

 

“You care about me so much that you just really wanted for us to be together.”

 

Irene looks up when she finishes and smiles. “You’ll be okay. It’ll heal in no time. I’ve spent a lot of time in forests at home, so I know a lot about medicinal herbs.”

 

Seulgi hasn’t heard much about Irene’s original home. She’s asked the fairy to tell her about it, but she hardly ever does. It’s always made Seulgi wonder if home for Irene isn’t a good place, and perhaps that’s why she decided to stay here with her in the human world.

 

“You never talk about home.”

 

“Oh, well...ah!” Irene screams when a sudden sound of thunder rings out. She huddles up to Seulgi and snuggles into her embrace. The rain came out of nowhere, but at least they are in shelter right now. Seulgi knows already from previous times that loud noises terrify the raven. She hugs her closer and Irene settled comfortably against her. Seulgi whispers to her that it’s going to be okay, and the storm will no doubt pass.

 

“I’m scared of thunderstorms.”

 

“I know.” Seulgi nods and rubs her back comfortingly.

 

“It’s better like this because we can hold each other now.”

 

“I understand.”

 

Irene looks up some and toward those pretty pink lips she’s only fantasized about since forever. She’s wanted to kiss Seulgi for such a long time, and now that they’re both the exact same size. They can kiss now, can’t they? There shouldn’t be anything stopping them now.

 

“I want to kiss you so badly.” Irene admits.

 

“Irene…”

 

“Please, I really do love you.” She tells her and Seulgi nods.

 

“I love you too.”

 

She does love Irene as well. This could be the only real chance they have to share such a level of intimacy with one another. Seulgi leans down at the same time Irene is leaning up and their lips meet. It feels like a mini explosion and Seulgi has such soft lips. Irene knows she could kiss these lips all day long. Seulgi can’t deny that everything about their kiss feels right and makes her heart feel warm. She just can’t help to think of long term. She can’t stay small like this, and yet she doesn’t have the heart to hurt Irene by saying that to her.

 

“Seulgi I know it’ll be hard for awhile. I know you’re going to get used to being a fairy, and maybe I can take you home with me.”

 

“Irene as nice as that sounds…”

 

“We should get going. The rain has stopped and we should go back to your house. Are you ready?”

 

“Sure.”

 

The two fairies fly away together again, but it’s not a safe flight home. Large birds swoop down and dive through their shared hands. Seulgi gets separated from Irene and all she can do is watch in horror as Seulgi falls hard toward the ground.

 

“Seulgi!” She screams and tries to stop her fall. She doesn’t make it in time and looks in horror to see the brunette down, bent wings, and broken leg.

 

“No…” Irene whispers with tears immediately filling her eyes. The sight of Seulgi hurt like this causes her pain. She bends down and gently lifts the other fairy into her arms and takes off for Seulgi’s house. She keeps looking down occasionally to the unconscious form of the person she loves. She didn’t want this, Irene never wanted anything like this.

 

“Seulgi, I’m so sorry. Please be okay.”

 

Irene flies through the left open window and gently places Seulgi down onto the pillow. Seulgi hasn’t woken up and she looks terrible. Irene feels for a pulse but it’s so weak.

 

“No, please don’t die. I didn’t ever want you to be hurt. I only wanted to be together with you, because I love you.” Irene cries and leans her head onto Seulgi’s chest. She can’t lose the person who matters most.

 

“Maybe you shouldn’t have been turned into a fairy. It’s too dangerous for you, I’m sorry I wished for it.” Irene doesn’t notice the brightness behind her until she feels a familiar presence. There is a brown-haired fairy with light pink wings and shimmering in gold.

 

“Queen Boa?”

 

“Irene, dear. You know what it is that went wrong here, right?”

 

“I shouldn’t have wished for her to change. I didn’t mean any harm. I just wanted us to be able to be together, Queen Boa.”

 

The fairy queen nods and touches her shoulder. She knows Irene meant no harm. It’s why when she heard the cries she came to her aid. It’s why she will help now.

 

“I’ll return her back to her original form. I also might be able to do something for you as well, Irene.”

 

“Please just save Seulgi if you can. I love her.”

 

The fairy queen pours magical energy all over the pair. Irene doesn’t know what’s happening but she does trust the Queen. If she says she’ll help them she means that. The magic fades soon enough and Boa tells her to give the process until morning. Irene thanks her and curls up to Seulgi who is still a fairy for now, but she no longer looks as bad as before. Irene takes her hand and feels exhausted from whatever magic Queen Boa used on them.

 

“I love you, Seulgi.” Are the last words Irene tells her before succumbing to the magic. When Seulgi wakes up the following morning she is alone and more than that she sees she is back to normal. The human sits up and looks around for Irene. Didn’t they go out together and she was hurt? She somehow remembers Irene crying and begging for her to be alright. The monolid woman knows she has to be feeling guilty right now.

 

“Irene, are you here?” She calls out for the fairy. There’s no sign of Irene and Seulgi is worried about her. Seulgi gets up and starts to look around the room. She isn’t in her house, any of the shelves, or anywhere in the bedroom.

 

“Irene, where did you go?”

 

There’s a knock at the door that shouldn’t be because it sounds much louder than Irene’s softer knock.

 

“Seulgi, I heard you call me. Are you feeling better?”

 

“Yes, a little. Why don’t you come in here?”

 

“No, I can’t. I don’t think you would want to see me now.” The fairy sounds nervous. Seulgi wants to see her, and doesn't know why Irene would ever think otherwise.

 

“If you don’t come in here, how will I tell you to your face that I love you. I know it’s going to be difficult but I never cared about you being a fairy. I hope you know that.”

 

On the other side of the door Irene feels her face getting hot and heart feeling as if it will explode. Seulgi sounds so sure and that makes her feel that things might work out. Irene bravely opens the door and Seulgi was expecting to see her fairy. She didn’t expect this. Irene was taller, much taller but not taller than her. She actually is still shorter than her, but definitely not a fairy anymore. Well, except for the fact that Irene still has those purple wings. Irene gets nervous when Seulgi stares.

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll go.”

 

“No, wait.” Seulgi walks up to her and slowly touches her wings that are much bigger to fit her new body. “You’re so beautiful, Irene. What are you afraid of?”

 

“I was worried this would scare you away. I’m not exactly human but I’m not the same fairy I was. It’s different now.”

 

Irene woke up first and saw what had been done. Seulgi was fine and human again. She also was changed in the process and worried how Seulgi would also feel about such a change. The monolid woman doesn’t look in anyway concerned.

 

“Irene, you’re the person I love no matter what form you’re in. You do know what this means, right?” Seulgi carefully wraps her arms around the half-human, half-fairy. She fits perfectly in her arms.

 

“You fit perfectly in my arms.”

 

The raven nods and hugs her back. Seulgi is right that she does fit in her arms. This means that they can be together after all. She nods happily against Seulgi.

 

“We can be together now.”

 

“Yes, we can be together now.”

 

“Even though I’m half fairy?”

 

“You’re the woman I love, Irene. I think your wings are so beautiful.” Seulgi tells her sincerely, as she has always thought Irene had beautiful purple wings. The dark-haired girl blushes. She will have to get used to this new form, and it’s not like she isn’t still a fairy. Her powers, Magic, and wings have been retained. She’s just bigger now, and able to fit in Seulgi’s arms. Irene reaches for one of her hands. Seulgi’s larger but warm hand feels perfect in her own, and Irene knows she will never want to let this hand go.

 

“What’s wrong?” Seulgi wonders. Irene shakes her head that nothing is wrong. She thinks it’s a good compromise that Queen Boa has been able to do for them.

 

“Your hand feels perfect with mine.”

 

The monolid woman nods and smiles. “I agree. I’m glad we can hold hands like this too, Irene. I remembered when I was hurt.”

 

“Oh…” Irene whispers. She felt awful for Seulgi getting hurt. She never wanted that and if she knew it was even a possibility. Irene wouldn’t have wished for Seulgi to change.

 

“I’m so sorry you were injured.”

 

“It wasn’t your fault. I did understand why you would wish for me to change because it would have made things easier. I don’t care about easy, Irene. I want to be with you no matter what, so please don’t think my feelings for you aren’t real. They are so real, and I love you very much.”

 

When she hears Seulgi tell her that she loves her no matter what. It makes the half-fairy launch herself into the brunette’s arms. Her wings shimmer some in the bright way Seulgi notices it’s from happiness when that happens. She holds Irene in her arms and kisses the side of her face.

 

“I love you too, Seulgi. I’m glad you’re not hurt anymore, and that now we can be a couple like any other, well except that I have wings, and people might look strangely at us.”

 

The human doesn’t even care about that. The only thing she cares about is Irene and being together with this amazing, wonderful, kind, and beautiful woman who came into her life like an unexpected but sweet surprise. She the side of Irene’s face.

 

“Let them stare. They’ll be jealous of the fact I have such a gorgeous girlfriend.”

 

The dark-haired woman’s face gets red all over again. Seulgi is really good at making her blush, and she’ll need to find ways to make the monolid woman also turn as red as a cherry.

 

“I have a gorgeous girlfriend too.” Irene mentions, and knows now that she is bigger. She can certainly stop women from flirting with Seulgi, and that’s what also matters too.

 

“Your wings aren’t just for show right?” Seulgi wonders. “Can you still fly?” She would hate for Irene to lose so much of herself just for them to be together. She truly does love Irene as she is, no matter what form. Irene smiles in such a way that lets Seulgi know she shouldn’t have asked this question.

 

“Let’s go! Only one way for you to find out.” Irene laughs and drags Seulgi outside with her.

 

“Oh, uh Irene. Don’t get us killed or anything. I’m not that curious.”

 

Irene chuckles again and softly kisses her lips before taking off. Seulgi holds onto her hand for dear life which only makes the raven happy. They really are off the ground and flying. Seulgi opens her eyes when Irene tells her not to worry.

 

“Hey, don’t be scared Seulgi. I’ll never let you fall, my love.”

 

The brunette smiles brightly and feels how sincere and warm that declaration is. It’s not just about the fact that they’re flying right now. It’s about the two of them too, and how it relates to their new relationship. They’re going to be a couple who are there for one another. Seulgi and Irene will be a team who never let the other fall, and even if they did. Someone would be right there with hand out ready to help them up.

 

“I won’t ever let you fall either, Irene.”


 

A/N: This one is a personal Seulrene day fave of mine. I didn’t think I would finish it, but everything just flowed so well and I really did like this one a lot. Love is acceptance of that person, and Seulgi showed that to Irene that even when she was a fairy she wanted her in her life, and they could have made things work and she saw that you can’t change a person to fit better into your life, but compromises am I right? Lol, anyway happy Seulrene day everyone ^^