falling

Do you remember what you said ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuqi didn't expect to be part of a show so soon and above all, alone. When her manager told her, the producer of Knowing bros wanted her for an episode with other idols, coming from foreign countries, she couldn't believe it. How could a rookie like her participate in a show? (G)-IDLE's first song was a bop, and they were from Cube, but it was a first for the group. She would be the face of the group in a well-known show. Her members were super gentle to her when she explained her troubles, and they even wanted to her in the van for the filming. In the end, Yuqi decided to be strong and refused the proposal of her members. She was a bit shy when she met the other participants: veteran Park Joon-Hyun, Got7's Bambam and NCT's Lucas. 

The NCT member was the only one she could feel close: he was Chinese, like her; debuted earlier this year, like her; was a 99 liner, like her and had a deep voice, like her. Actually, she couldn't believe to have so many similarities with another guest. 

Clearly, she knew about him. Their comeback and the add of new members was a big thing at the beginning of the year. Plus, she was secretly a big fan of SM artists (mostly EXO but nobody had to know it). They bowed to each other when they met in the makeup room, and she immediately felt he was an extrovert like her. "A fellow Chinese !" And when she saw his smile, her heart did a little flip inside her chest. And his deep voice… 

She was maybe a bit shy at first, but her true nature came back really quickly. The two others guests were probably worst than her: Park Joo-Hyun started to speak like an American and Bambam was dancing like a crazy man. 

The produce team filmed a quick shot of them to tease the show, and she had to be next to Lucas. Side to side with him, she felt, even more, their size difference. He was just so tall in comparison to her. Just before they had to start filming, Bambam turned to Lucas: "Your hyung asked me to keep an eye on you."

"Which one?" Asked Lucas with a questionary look. "I have a lot of hyungs as you know.'

"My one and only 97 line buddy, NCT's Jaehyun! You'll tell him we wait for our next night out, he couldn't come three times in a row, and we decided the next time he said no, we would have to kidnap him. Actually, can you tell me about your dorm address?"

Yuqi observed the youngest man trying to keep his address for himself but Bambam was too convincing, and a few seconds later, she saw the Thai man, typing with excitement on his phone. 

"And voilà, if you heard noise this weekend, it'll be us, except Jungkook because this guy is on another planet right now. But we love him." 

Lucas' eyes were on her right now, and he smiled again. Could he stop doing this? He was too good looking for her sanity. But it wasn't the worst moment of her day. Unintentionally, she spent most of the filming next to him. And she couldn't stop looking at him when he talked. He was just so good at things like this, and like her, it was his first show alone. But she wasn't too bad either. 

When he leaned over her during one of the game and murmured the answer in her ear, she had to find all the force inside her not melt. And it was worst when she jumped from her chair because her team won and they high fived (she did too with Park Joo-Hyun and Bambam) but it wasn't the same thing.

"Hey, Yuqi!" She was walking from her changing room with her manager when his deep voice called her from behind. She turned herself slowly and seriously, he wanted her death with this smile. "Sorry to be a bit bold but can I have your KakaoID? It's nice to have another 99 liners and a Chinese fellow, don't you think?" 

She glanced at her manager who nodded in silence. She even took a step back when Yuqi turned back to Lucas. "Yes, of course! It's always nice to have new friends!" 

And like this, she had to spend all the way back in the van, listening to her manager, about how she could have friends of her age, even boys, but she could only speak with him on the phone and not meeting him outside.

Her only answer was simple: "Unnie, he's from SM. We will never meet outside because he has no time to do it."

 

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

 

She received his first text later this day. Her phone was on the living room table, and if she weren't so quick, Minnie would have answered in her place.

"Why do you receive a message from a Lucas? Is it the tall one with a deep voice from NCT?"

"Actually his voice isn't so deep when he's speaking." It was the only thing Yuqi could answer when two of her members, Minnie and Soojin, were looking at her with interrogative faces. 

"It's so cool you made a friend Yuqi! And it's a boy!" Soojin was now giggling, putting a pillow on her face. 

"I knew your extrovert personally would come out quickly! You see, it wasn't the worst day of your life" continued Minnie who seemed to be more down to Earth. 

Yes, it wasn't the worst day of her life, not like when she confessed to a former crush, her first year in Korea. Not the day, she almost broke her leg when she tried a figure on stairs. If she wanted to be true to herself, today was one of the best days of her rookie time. 

Lastly, she got back her phone and looked at his message : 

From HKLucas99
(Korean) ~ It was really cool to meet you! I didn't have time to tell you, but your Korean is perfect!

 

She didn't know how to address to him. During the day, she never had to speak directly to him, and when she told him goodbye, she did in Chinese. Did she have to call him sunbae because his group debuted two years ago or could she call him simply Lucas or Yukhei?

"Unnie?" She turned herself to Soojin because she was the only Korean in the room for the moment. "Do I have to call him sunbae or just his name?" 

"Why are you asking me this? You're both Chinese if you don't kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter