Homebound.

In Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kihyun was exhausted. He felt tired from the very moment he woke up, tired as they go through the group meeting, tired to even chew his food; that he barely ate anything throughout the day. If the rest of the members noticed, they didn’t say anything. Then again, not that he expected them to. After all, each member of Monsta X was tired, having recently ended their world tour concert.

The end of their overseas world tour concert definitely does not mean REST N’ RELAX for the seven-membered group. There were still plenty of shows and appearances that they were slated to be on before they start preparing for their next comeback. The past few months had been hectic for the group. Heck, it had been hectic for the past year or so for them.

 Kihyun was used to it, really. Used to the lifestyle of jetting off from one country to another in a span of days. Always being around people, always working and constantly having to put on a perfect front even when things were going sideways. 

This was his dream, his passion. With that in mind, he could not allow himself to complain or grumble about the hardships even when the going gets really tough.

 He was grateful for the opportunities and experiences, but he was fraying at the seams. And for the most part, he didn’t even realize it.  On the surface, he had always been able to manage all the stress and exhaustion well throughout their busy schedules.

But this time was a little different. This time he wanted a few solid days off, just a few days away from the idol life. Events from the past few days were slowly getting to the normally upbeat vocalist.  On the flight back home from LA after they wrapped up the world tour, Kihyun imagined the luxury of having his own time just for a few days. Instead, reality had the boys whisked to Malaysia for another concert right after their arrival back to Korea. After a short stay there, the boys flew back to their homeland and were given only a day off. The rest of the boys spent their day off at the dorm recuperating as much as they were able to, while Kihyun went straight to see his mother for a quick visit as soon as they landed and spent his day off on some quality time with her. He had been running on empty that whole time.

Kihyun was tired. No, scratch that.  He was beyond exhausted. He didn’t feel too well either, but he didn’t want to make a big fuss about it knowing very well that everyone else was just as tired as he was.  When the meeting ended that day, it was already late afternoon. All seven boys agreed that the meeting took longer than it should have and they were all more than ready to head back to their dorm.

The journey back to their dorm took a little longer than normal. The bumper-to-bumper traffic was impossible to escape when it comes to Seoul’s evening rush hour. Kihyun had his eyes closed but he wasn’t sleeping, though. He couldn’t. His stomach felt as if it was flip-flopping and he felt nauseous and dizzy. Cracking his eyes open from time to time to see where they were at, he caught a glance of the other members nodding off and wished that he could do the same too.

When they arrived back to their dorm, the chaos ensued the moment they stepped inside. The boys were lively and animated after a decent nap on their way back.  Everyone was laughing and chattering away amongst themselves. Kihyun silently moved past them and headed to his room.  It had been quite some time since he was last in his dorm and he couldn’t wait to see his bed.

What greeted him in the room caused the vocalist to frown. The room was cluttered with unwashed clothes and opened luggage on the floor. Minhyuk, Jooheon and I.M had been back in the dorm the day before, and it seemed that they had managed to stir up a storm in the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter